BRN Discussion Ongoing

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
As an ex-boat owner myself, I completely concur.

A small tip for those going on a friends boat, the decent thing to do is offer to buy the beers, but the best tip I can give is find a friend that has a boat instead of buying one yourself. It's a lot cheaper! :p
Yeah, but who wants to be Gilligan when you could be The Skipper?

Gilligan-and-Skipper.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Earlyrelease

Regular
As an ex-boat owner myself, I completely concur.

A small tip for those going on a friends boat, the decent thing to do is offer to buy the beers, but the best tip I can give is find a friend that has a boat instead of buying one yourself. It's a lot cheaper! :p
Sera
Spoken like a true accountant.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Hi FF,

That's a very good point. Why didn't I think of that! 🥴

But, what if anything, do you make of this statement?

View attachment 21498

Because it is a general statement I see it this way:

1. Nuvia was a partner of ARM.

2. Qualcomm have acquired Nuvia’s & ARM’s IP at least according to ARM illegally ie; without consent.

3. ARM is saying to the court it has a duty to all its partners to protect their joint IP from theft, fraud or other form of illegal acquisition.

4. What if Qualcomm was a Chinese corporate raider known to completely ignore patent and IP and saturate markets with knock offs. Just because it happens to be Qualcomm the principal does not change.

5. The contractual relationship between ARM and Nuvia was designed to protect Nuvia, ARM and all ARM partners so ARM is claiming a larger principal not having a cheap shot at Qualcomm.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
Hi @Foxdog,

If I was any business that had an advantage over my competition I would not be letting them know how I have achieved it!

I’m pretty sure that’s why our CEO stated “Watch the financials.”

He is expecting results or else he is setting himself up for a fail; and he’s not stupid!

The gratitude I am looking for from companies is contracts and revenue.

As a former boat owner who would take people out on the water for the day they would often say “Thanks for that, had a great day!”
Well I’d never ask for them to chip in but “Thanks doesn’t pay the fuel bill!” Which can really add up.

As we all saw with the MB announcement the share price took off, but without the corresponding revenue it went back down. Consistent revenue will be the key… and that will take time.

I am still confident there will be a huge uptake in the future and the financials will come in eventually, with the headwinds we have been warned about in the recent 4c it could take a bit longer than first expected. If I have to wait 2-3 years but still get multiples of my investment I’m not concerned with the short term price; I see this as a buying opportunity!

I’m still waiting to invest heavily with my super as I have have legal obligations to meet however I still intend to invest and see these prices as bargain basement; it is very frustrating to be watching from the sideline!

:)

The best boat to have is somebody elses...lol

But yeah people should offer to pay for gas and tidy up!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
  • Haha

Tezza

Regular
On my last boat, I had a sticker placed in front of passengers seat that read, this boat doesn't run on thankyou's!

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
S

Straw

Because it is a general statement I see it this way:

1. Nuvia was a partner of ARM.

2. Qualcomm have acquired Nuvia’s & ARM’s IP at least according to ARM illegally ie; without consent.

3. ARM is saying to the court it has a duty to all its partners to protect their joint IP from theft, fraud or other form of illegal acquisition.

4. What if Qualcomm was a Chinese corporate raider known to completely ignore patent and IP and saturate markets with knock offs. Just because it happens to be Qualcomm the principal does not change.

5. The contractual relationship between ARM and Nuvia was designed to protect Nuvia, ARM and all ARM partners so ARM is claiming a larger principal not having a cheap shot at Qualcomm.

My opinion only DYOR

AKIDA BALLISTA
So the issue is essentially the concept of displaying trust and good will as a group of people running a company as opposed to doing whatever you can get away with (?).
I was going to say 'good corporate citizen' but that's a terrible term that I think disguises all manner of unethical/inequitable conduct.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Proga

Regular
Hi Foxdog,

My impression from the JP patent application is that, as of 1 year ago, SoundHound were not using Akida. They talk about CNN but do not mention SNN.

But a lot of water has flowed under the bridge since then. As I said, the patent specification leaves the door open for more accurate neural networks.

Remember, SoundHound may or may not have been party to the Mercedes/BrainChip NDA, which may or may not be the basis of them leaving the door open ... .
Taking your impression 1 step further @Diogenese , sounds like they weren't involved in the EQXX where Mercedes engineers worked with California-based artificial-intelligence developer BrainChip to create systems based on the company's Akida hardware and software. Among other things, the technology makes the "Hey, Mercedes" voice control system in the EQXX five to ten times more efficient than conventional voice control. Is SoundHound conventional voice control or just the voice?

• Thinking
  • Fire

Proga

Regular
I do like this article Bravo but it irks that I cannot extract the part where it specifically references the need to also use "ultrasonic sensors" which as we know a while back just showed up on the Brainchip list of sensor inputs AKIDA could make intelligent and that Valeo at the factory where they are producing Scarla Lidar has stated in a promotional video in the last couple of months that they are also producing "ultrasonic sensors" at this plant for ADAS and AV in the automotive sector.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
FF, can't "ultrasonic sensors" be a form of radar?? They do mention they use ultrasonic sensors in the article

From the article:
bandicam 2022-11-07 21-33-44-386.jpg

Indispensable is a powerful word used in the above context.

Interestingly they can't go over 60km/hr. Sounds to me they need the next gen Scarla Lidar with Akida to use it on highways. I would guess the current version sold in the S-class as an optional extra would tell the driver to take back control every time the speed limit is above 60 or you become a traffic hazard.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Self-Parking Cars
Autonomous driving: Federal Motor Transport Authority presents catalog of requirements

By Christian Tamm

A very first step towards autonomous driving has been taken: The Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA) has presented an initial catalog of requirements.

If you believe the car managers - including Audi boss Markus Duesmann - e-mobility is old hat. The new “big thing” is automated and, above all, autonomous driving. There is still a long way to go before the technologies can be used in general road traffic. There is a legal basis, but there was no set of rules that would make this law applicable by means of an operating license for autonomous cars from the KBA.

That is now changing. Because the KBA recently presented an initial catalog of requirements. It defines the conditions under which systems for driverless parking in the multi-storey car park, the "Automated Valet Parking" (AVP), may be activated. A very first step towards autonomous driving. The catalog represents a turning point for automobile traffic in Germany.

What is AVD and which systems already exist?

The AVD system goes back to a development by Daimler and Bosch. It received a kind of special permit from the authorities in 2019 so that it could be operated for the first time in the parking garage of the Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart. According to the manufacturer, it was “the world’s first fully automated and driverless parking function to be officially approved for everyday use.”

You can leave your car in a separate area after the barrier and start the parking process using the app. The car - the system can be ordered in the current S-Class, for example - then independently searches for gaps while the owner goes on his way. This function corresponds to level 4 of 5 automated driving. However, it was not allowed to be used in general; the frame was missing.

The technical requirements catalog of the KBA now forms this missing framework. If all requirements are met, AVD can be used as the first autonomous system in this country - in future vehicles and subsequently in those where it is already installed. “With the catalog of requirements for autonomous driving functions, we are creating the prerequisites for the safe operation of motor vehicles without a driver at national level. The KBA is thus setting international standards in this area and is proving to be an innovation driver for the new mobility,” says Richard Damm, President of the KBA in Flensburg.

What is in the catalog of the Federal Motor Transport Authority?

The KBA catalog is extensive - therefore only a short excerpt is possible. During the AVP drive, the car is only allowed to drive at a speed of ten km/h - with a tolerance of two km/h. Security is generally an issue for the KBA. In the so-called AVP area of application, "there must be a sufficient number of options at clearly visible and easily accessible points with which, when activated, all AVP vehicles located in the geographic AVP area of application and belonging to the overall AVP system can be brought directly into the AVP deactivation be transferred to a minimum-risk state". In other words, it needs an emergency stop switch. An AVP trip should also only be activated when no one is in the car. And in the end, the vehicle has to go into a safe state on its own, for example engaging the parking brake.

It becomes quite complex, both technically and ethically, in the following: The overall system should be designed in such a way that the car recognizes all “relevant objects and people in the AVP area and reacts to them safely, so that the basic freedom from collisions with these objects and people is guaranteed “. If an accident is unavoidable, the protection of human life must have the highest priority - without the weighting of personal characteristics.

What is the legal basis?

There have been legal regulations for autonomous driving in Germany since mid-2021. According to this, autonomous vehicles may take part in road traffic, but only in operating areas that have been defined and approved by the authorities. According to the Federal Ministry of Transport, shuttle traffic, trips between two distribution centers or so-called dual mode vehicles - as with the AVP - should become legally possible. However, technical supervision by a natural person is intended. "This makes Germany the first country in the world to bring vehicles without drivers from research into everyday life," said the ministry. The aim was to bring vehicles with autonomous functions into regular operation by 2022.

Audi: “We are satisfied with the result”

Audi has welcomed the publication of the first catalog of technical requirements for autonomously driving cars at the request of our newspaper. This would create further approval requirements for the fully automated driving function "Automated Valet Parking" (AVP). "We see great potential in automated driving functions," said a spokesman. The aim is to offer the "greatest possible benefit" with needs-based and situation-based support.

From today's perspective, the Ingolstadt car manufacturer assumes that such automated parking functions will be available as a series development in the second half of this decade. The four rings were not entirely uninvolved in the KBA catalogue: together with the VW software company Cariad, along with other manufacturers and suppliers, they were "participated in an advisory capacity in the development". Audi is satisfied with the result, the spokesman explains.

As Audi told our newspaper, they are currently working with Cariad on the development of the AVP parking functions. "For testing, we use both Audi facilities, such as the multi-storey car park at the GVZ, and areas at Cariad."

As early as 2013, Audi showed the public what autonomous parking could look like - back then with a pilot project in the multi-storey car park at Ingolstadt's North Train Station.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users
I can wait 12 months to become rich.
I can wait longer if my now 12k units and roughly double that in whenever get me there. 😂🤣

• Love
  • Haha

SERA2g

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Proga

Regular
Self-Parking Cars
Autonomous driving: Federal Motor Transport Authority presents catalog of requirements

By Christian Tamm

A very first step towards autonomous driving has been taken: The Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA) has presented an initial catalog of requirements.

If you believe the car managers - including Audi boss Markus Duesmann - e-mobility is old hat. The new “big thing” is automated and, above all, autonomous driving. There is still a long way to go before the technologies can be used in general road traffic. There is a legal basis, but there was no set of rules that would make this law applicable by means of an operating license for autonomous cars from the KBA.

That is now changing. Because the KBA recently presented an initial catalog of requirements. It defines the conditions under which systems for driverless parking in the multi-storey car park, the "Automated Valet Parking" (AVP), may be activated. A very first step towards autonomous driving. The catalog represents a turning point for automobile traffic in Germany.

What is AVD and which systems already exist?

The AVD system goes back to a development by Daimler and Bosch. It received a kind of special permit from the authorities in 2019 so that it could be operated for the first time in the parking garage of the Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart. According to the manufacturer, it was “the world’s first fully automated and driverless parking function to be officially approved for everyday use.”

You can leave your car in a separate area after the barrier and start the parking process using the app. The car - the system can be ordered in the current S-Class, for example - then independently searches for gaps while the owner goes on his way. This function corresponds to level 4 of 5 automated driving. However, it was not allowed to be used in general; the frame was missing.

The technical requirements catalog of the KBA now forms this missing framework. If all requirements are met, AVD can be used as the first autonomous system in this country - in future vehicles and subsequently in those where it is already installed. “With the catalog of requirements for autonomous driving functions, we are creating the prerequisites for the safe operation of motor vehicles without a driver at national level. The KBA is thus setting international standards in this area and is proving to be an innovation driver for the new mobility,” says Richard Damm, President of the KBA in Flensburg.

What is in the catalog of the Federal Motor Transport Authority?

The KBA catalog is extensive - therefore only a short excerpt is possible. During the AVP drive, the car is only allowed to drive at a speed of ten km/h - with a tolerance of two km/h. Security is generally an issue for the KBA. In the so-called AVP area of application, "there must be a sufficient number of options at clearly visible and easily accessible points with which, when activated, all AVP vehicles located in the geographic AVP area of application and belonging to the overall AVP system can be brought directly into the AVP deactivation be transferred to a minimum-risk state". In other words, it needs an emergency stop switch. An AVP trip should also only be activated when no one is in the car. And in the end, the vehicle has to go into a safe state on its own, for example engaging the parking brake.

It becomes quite complex, both technically and ethically, in the following: The overall system should be designed in such a way that the car recognizes all “relevant objects and people in the AVP area and reacts to them safely, so that the basic freedom from collisions with these objects and people is guaranteed “. If an accident is unavoidable, the protection of human life must have the highest priority - without the weighting of personal characteristics.

What is the legal basis?

There have been legal regulations for autonomous driving in Germany since mid-2021. According to this, autonomous vehicles may take part in road traffic, but only in operating areas that have been defined and approved by the authorities. According to the Federal Ministry of Transport, shuttle traffic, trips between two distribution centers or so-called dual mode vehicles - as with the AVP - should become legally possible. However, technical supervision by a natural person is intended. "This makes Germany the first country in the world to bring vehicles without drivers from research into everyday life," said the ministry. The aim was to bring vehicles with autonomous functions into regular operation by 2022.

Audi: “We are satisfied with the result”

Audi has welcomed the publication of the first catalog of technical requirements for autonomously driving cars at the request of our newspaper. This would create further approval requirements for the fully automated driving function "Automated Valet Parking" (AVP). "We see great potential in automated driving functions," said a spokesman. The aim is to offer the "greatest possible benefit" with needs-based and situation-based support.

From today's perspective, the Ingolstadt car manufacturer assumes that such automated parking functions will be available as a series development in the second half of this decade. The four rings were not entirely uninvolved in the KBA catalogue: together with the VW software company Cariad, along with other manufacturers and suppliers, they were "participated in an advisory capacity in the development". Audi is satisfied with the result, the spokesman explains.

As Audi told our newspaper, they are currently working with Cariad on the development of the AVP parking functions. "For testing, we use both Audi facilities, such as the multi-storey car park at the GVZ, and areas at Cariad."

As early as 2013, Audi showed the public what autonomous parking could look like - back then with a pilot project in the multi-storey car park at Ingolstadt's North Train Station.
@Sirod69 ,

I gather when you return to the multi story parking lot, you use the app to restart the car, unpark itself and meet you back at the gate. If not, you may have trouble finding where the car parked itself.

• Haha

Diogenese

Top 20
FF, can't "ultrasonic sensors" be a form of radar?? They do mention they use ultrasonic sensors in the article

From the article:
View attachment 21509
Indispensable is a powerful word used in the above context.

Interestingly they can't go over 60km/hr. Sounds to me they need the next gen Scarla Lidar with Akida to use it on highways. I would guess the current version sold in the S-class as an optional extra would tell the driver to take back control every time the speed limit is above 60 or you become a traffic hazard.
Ultrasonic is a form of SONAR, transmitting sound wave pulses and receiving reflected sound waves.

• Love
  • Fire

Iseki

Regular
Hi FF,

View attachment 21498

Old companies with even older technology fight over lapsed patents because it generates news and accountants now run the companies instead of engineers (sorry if that's offensive) . It's what they understand. Meanwhile at BRN HQ it's all innovation and new patents. Sunrise vs sunset.

• Fire
  • Love

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi FF,

View attachment 21498

The licence should have been non-transferrable, or transferrable only with ARM's consent, for the very reason that ARM would not want the technology they licensed to Nuvia falling into the hands of a major competitor.

• Fire
  • Love
Hi Foxdog,

My impression from the JP patent application is that, as of 1 year ago, SoundHound were not using Akida. They talk about CNN but do not mention SNN.

But a lot of water has flowed under the bridge since then. As I said, the patent specification leaves the door open for more accurate neural networks.

Remember, SoundHound may or may not have been party to the Mercedes/BrainChip NDA, which may or may not be the basis of them leaving the door open ... .
We have the CNN2SNN converter so doesn’t completely rule out anyone only referring to CNN. My presumption of why things have been taking a while it that anyone who is going to be using Akida is likely to be recoding there networks into a SNN structure. Whilst power saving using the SNN converter is impressive, using an original SNN blows that out of the water. There was a good video posted by the company that shows this a while back now.

Reactions: 1 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
there's something to vote for again🥳🤩

Arm
Arm

Did you know, the AI computer hardware market is expected to grow from $20 billion today to $80 billion by 2025.

With demand for AI technology at an all time high, it's increasingly important that we act now to reduce the energy that AI applications use. If we don't, on its current trajectory AI will only accelerate the climate crisis.

At #WebSummit, Eddie Ramirez, our VP of Marketing explored how Purpose Built Compute can address this.

By providing high performance, low energy technologies built #onArm that are extremely energy efficient, such as those found in the NVIDIA Grace and Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2 C7g workloads, we can enable AI that will unlock humanity's greatest breakthroughs via supercomputers.

The world has already changed with AI. And now we can change it again.

Do you expect your use of AI to increase in the next 3 years?

Yes, significantly
71%
Yes, only slightly
21%
No, it'll stay the same
6%
No, it'll decrease
2%

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

Arm continues to accelerate IoT software development with new partnerships​

November 07, 2022

News highlights:

• Arm development tools integrated into GitHub Actions enabling faster time to market for IoT and embedded developers
  • Qeexo and Nota.AI integrate Arm Virtual Hardware for better accessibility and ease-of-deployment of ML workloads

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
Top Bottom