BRN Discussion Ongoing

Deena

Regular
Newk R said, " Exactly nothing has changed except my stress levels." Indeed.

I have made a personal strategic investment decision with respect to Brainchip.

It is a strategy born out of frustration with the way things are going in the world today and the shrinking Brainchip stock price this year.

There is NOTHING that a worried and frustrated me can do about macroeconomic events, business cycles, wars and conflicts, politics and the damned threats to democracy in the USA that some media endlessly bombard a poor consumer of news and current events with today.

There is nothing I can do but fret and stress like Newk R above. Oh, wait, I can vote in the upcoming U.S.midterm election and I already did, ….by mail-in ballet. So I vote and I feel a bit better for a few moments for doing my civic duty. Then I look at stock prices, or breaking world news and fall back again into my funk.

Fretting about things you can’t control isn’t healthy. Taking charge of things you can control is and makes much more sense.

But what of my relationship with Brainchip stock and its declining price of late? Or, what about my reasons for buying the stock originally and adding to it to reach my current full position? I constantly wonder if anything has changed my investment thesis? No, ….I answer emphatically and that is me being a rational investor which I intended to be when I began buying into this technology story and specifically, this stock.

Is there nothing I can do about the falling stock price of BRN? I could, I suppose, buy more stock, but I can’t do that because I have a full position.

I can sell some or all my shares but I won’t because the original thesis upon which I invested has not changed and passing time has convinced me even more that the A.I. story involving edge computing is real, is happening and Brainchip appears to be a viable contender in this area. The story is getting more exciting, not less.

But buying more shares or selling shares isn’t for me.

I was not a young man when I bought my Brainchip shares. I am getting older and Brainchip stock price has been declining. These two different directions are very concerning. This could be detrimental to my health if I constantly stressed and worried about it.

It could also be detrimental to domestic tranquility if it (a falling stock price) creates a schism in my marriage because what spouse handles a falling stock price well, especially if that stock was one recommended by and bought by one spouse (me, in this example)? It is very difficult to explain to people and perhaps wives (or husbands) with conservative risk tolerance profiles why time in the market for small stocks in new technologies is so important and why one must ignore day to day prices, or ugly charts. There is no easy explanation that will pacify skeptics who are terrified of losing money in the market and are unable to imagine a brighter future when stock prices and the world are falling or seemingly falling apart around them, respectively.

So what is my new personal Brainchip investment strategy that I have recently embraced?

I have decided to invest more in myself rather than buying more shares in BRN. That is my new Brainchip strategy. I am making some positive lifestyle changes that will help ensure that I will not only be around to see the financial rewards from ownership of Brainchip stock but that I will be hearty and hale enough to actually enjoy the rewards when they flow to me.

I have begun to seriously exercise,...well, seriously for an older person, and am already seeing the benefits of this in healthy weight loss, increased vitality and my energy level. Just those three things alone have improved my mood.

I am trying to meditate consistently and do other stress relieving activities such as NOT reading the gory details of every bad day in the stock market. I have reduced my consumption of day to day national and international news, which is rarely “feel good news”, and usually results in me getting angry with some “other side's point of view”.

These and some other lifestyle modifications (i.e. diet) are helping my attitudes, my overall health and my outlook.

Life is short as is frequently said, and I am here to tell you, it looks REALLY short from my perspective. So I am working to improve my odds of living healthy longer from my recent investment in my own health and longevity. Why?

I am anticipating and planning that in a few years my financial net worth situation should be dramatically higher than today because of my investment in Brainchip. I want to not just be around (then), but to be hale and hearty enough to enjoy the fruits and rewards of my appreciated investment for my remaining years before I give the leftovers to my family members.

My spouse has little appetite for understanding the details involved in the Brainchip story or my explanations why she needn’t worry about the current stock price. If it was her decision she never would have bought any in the firts place, and would likely sell our shares into a falling market today if it was her choice alone to make. Unlike me, she has no tolerance for a high risk / high reward story like Brainchip.

But now she sees my own investment in myself happening and my excitement about the future because we own Brainchip. My investment in me now has her excited, too, because she is there to see me doing it. She has actually become excited because I am modifying my lifestyle in order to enjoy the future rewards I expect to have someday from owning Brainchip. Now THAT she gets. Interesting how that worked.

Our long term strategies with Brainchip are probably all different and mine has recently been amended to account for my age and my own well being and nothing to do with selling Brainchip or buying more of it at these low prices. Like many of you I have been buying more shares, too, but instead of buying more BRN shares I’m buying more shares of stock in myself while I wait for the Brainchip story to grow and blossom.
Best of luck to us all....

Regards, dippY

My opinion only. Please do your own introspection and research.
Hi Dipp
So often life is a quandary as what one could have or should do.
There is interesting research called the Dalbar study, in which they looked at the returns of the stock market against what the retail investors gained. When it started the average 20 year return of the market was about 12%, but the investors only achieved 4%. The study looked at why?
Essentially the reason was, that investors behave badly. When everyone is raving about a stock most people buy; and when it goes down and becomes depressing they sell. The perfect way to lose money.

I bought my first Brainchip shares on 15 September 2017, just over 5 years ago. I paid 18.5 cents per share, then I watched the share price go down. I continued to buy. I bought 250,000 at 4.7 cents in mid April 2019. I then participated in a capital raise buying another 750,000 at 6 cents. Shortly after the share price started to boom. I have continued to buy, with an average buy price now of about 24 cents. But there is no stress in our household. The writing is on the wall and success is just around the corner. I know you have confidence so just hang in there buddy.
Cheers, Deena

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 64 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Magnus Östberg talks a lot about the deal with Nvidia (Mercedes-Benz will offer software packages for automated driving functions together with Nvidia from 2024), he does not want to go into more detail about other partners, we will hear that in 2023, promises about autonomous driving via AI software and explains the MBUX system, via gaming, media, etc. Customization
BRN or neuromorphic chips were not discussed at all, he answered many questions with "we don't want to talk about that at the moment".
The podcast lasted 49 minutes and I didn't hear much that would be exciting for us, except that he can't talk about it
Thank you Sirod69,

Learning.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
I just read through this article by Arm https://techsymposia.arm.com/kr/sessions/Track_B3.
About Manish Pandey, I came across a man named Dr. Riccardo Mariani from Nvidia, who is in contact with Anil Mankar, since I was listening to Magnus Östberg's podcast today and it was very important for Magnus Östberg to always talk about Nvidia, I think it could well be that BRN and Nvidia are in good contact, but now I'm going to bed
1667692639651.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Gemmax

Regular

It is a strategy born out of frustration with the way things are going in the world today and the shrinking Brainchip stock price this year.

There is NOTHING that a worried and frustrated me can do about macroeconomic events, business cycles, wars and conflicts, politics and the damned threats to democracy in the USA that some media endlessly bombard a poor consumer of news and current events with today.

There is nothing I can do but fret and stress like Newk R above. Oh, wait, I can vote in the upcoming U.S.midterm election and I already did, ….by mail-in ballet. So I vote and I feel a bit better for a few moments for doing my civic duty. Then I look at stock prices, or breaking world news and fall back again into my funk.

Fretting about things you can’t control isn’t healthy. Taking charge of things you can control is and makes much more sense.

But what of my relationship with Brainchip stock and its declining price of late? Or, what about my reasons for buying the stock originally and adding to it to reach my current full position? I constantly wonder if anything has changed my investment thesis? No, ….I answer emphatically and that is me being a rational investor which I intended to be when I began buying into this technology story and specifically, this stock.

Is there nothing I can do about the falling stock price of BRN? I could, I suppose, buy more stock, but I can’t do that because I have a full position.

I can sell some or all my shares but I won’t because the original thesis upon which I invested has not changed and passing time has convinced me even more that the A.I. story involving edge computing is real, is happening and Brainchip appears to be a viable contender in this area. The story is getting more exciting, not less.

I was not a young man when I bought my Brainchip shares. I am getting older and Brainchip stock price has been declining. These two different directions are very concerning. This could be detrimental to my health if I constantly stressed and worried about it.

It could also be detrimental to domestic tranquility if it (a falling stock price) creates a schism in my marriage because what spouse handles a falling stock price well, especially if that stock was one recommended by and bought by one spouse (me, in this example)? It is very difficult to explain to people and perhaps wives (or husbands) with conservative risk tolerance profiles why time in the market for small stocks in new technologies is so important and why one must ignore day to day prices, or ugly charts. There is no easy explanation that will pacify skeptics who are terrified of losing money in the market and are unable to imagine a brighter future when stock prices and the world are falling or seemingly falling apart around them, respectively.

So what is my new personal Brainchip investment strategy that I have recently embraced?

I have decided to invest more in myself rather than buying more shares in BRN. That is my new Brainchip strategy. I am making some positive lifestyle changes that will help ensure that I will not only be around to see the financial rewards from ownership of Brainchip stock but that I will be hearty and hale enough to actually enjoy the rewards when they flow to me.

I have begun to seriously exercise,...well, seriously for an older person, and am already seeing the benefits of this in healthy weight loss, increased vitality and my energy level. Just those three things alone have improved my mood.

I am trying to meditate consistently and do other stress relieving activities such as NOT reading the gory details of every bad day in the stock market. I have reduced my consumption of day to day national and international news, which is rarely “feel good news”, and usually results in me getting angry with some “other side's point of view”.

These and some other lifestyle modifications (i.e. diet) are helping my attitudes, my overall health and my outlook.

Life is short as is frequently said, and I am here to tell you, it looks REALLY short from my perspective. So I am working to improve my odds of living healthy longer from my recent investment in my own health and longevity. Why?

I am anticipating and planning that in a few years my financial net worth situation should be dramatically higher than today because of my investment in Brainchip. I want to not just be around (then), but to be hale and hearty enough to enjoy the fruits and rewards of my appreciated investment for my remaining years before I give the leftovers to my family members.

My spouse has little appetite for understanding the details involved in the Brainchip story or my explanations why she needn’t worry about the current stock price. If it was her decision she never would have bought any in the firts place, and would likely sell our shares into a falling market today if it was her choice alone to make. Unlike me, she has no tolerance for a high risk / high reward story like Brainchip.

But now she sees my own investment in myself happening and my excitement about the future because we own Brainchip. My investment in me now has her excited, too, because she is there to see me doing it. She has actually become excited because I am modifying my lifestyle in order to enjoy the future rewards I expect to have someday from owning Brainchip. Now THAT she gets. Interesting how that worked.

Our long term strategies with Brainchip are probably all different and mine has recently been amended to account for my age and my own well being and nothing to do with selling Brainchip or buying more of it at these low prices. Like many of you I have been buying more shares, too, but instead of buying more BRN shares I’m buying more shares of stock in myself while I wait for the Brainchip story to grow and blossom.

Regards, dippY

Love it Dippy.
Wishing you well.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Rskiff

Regular

Regards, dippY

A fantastic attitude there dippY. Keep up the exercise as I too find it is a benefit for not only the body, but also the mind. Also keep away from HC for mental well being!!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Not sure if we have touched on OrCam MyEye Pro before but it does a lot of what Akida is capable of ???

No Internet connection!

Hey OrCam voice assistant!

The OrCam MyEye Pro can also help identify products and even recognize people!

As with every year, the CES Innovation Award goes to a gadget that can make life a lot better.

This year, at CES 2022, the OrCam MyEye Pro is the winner and it’s easy to see why.

This product clips on to glasses and helps the visually impaired or blind by reading out text, whether it’s printed or digital.

With the “Smart Reading” feature, it’s like having a Ctrl+F function on the PC – the wearers can find specific information fast using text-to-speech.

The OrCam MyEye Pro can also help identify products and even recognize people.

“We are living in uncertain times, yet… our users’ challenges related to access have not stopped during the pandemic. If anything, they have intensified,” said OrCam co-founder and co-chairman Prof. Amnon Shashua.

The glasses accessory can be completely controlled by the Hey OrCam voice assistant, so it’s a great day-to-day gadget that can make a lot of activities accessible to the visually impaired.

Connection with mobile eye

Reactions: 5 users

TECH

Regular
Hi All,

Maybe I missed this a while ago, I'm not sure, but have we no longer a partnership with EASTRONICS??
They are mentioned in the SalesLink article, but their logo has been removed from our website.

Please update me.

Thanks Tech. (y)

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Jefwilto

Regular
Hi All,

Maybe I missed this a while ago, I'm not sure, but have we no longer a partnership with EASTRONICS??
They are mentioned in the SalesLink article, but their logo has been removed from our website.

Please update me.

Thanks Tech. (y)
I,m not sure Tech but we are still on Eastronics web page under “embedded solutions”

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

JK200SX

Regular
Hi All,

Please update me.

Thanks Tech. (y)

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi All,

Please update me.

Thanks Tech. (y)
Seems like they are component-oriented.

Maybe they can't support IP licensing.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
I think it is wrong to say they spilled the beans. It was far from an accident it was a measured dispensing of just enough information to create interest a bit like giving a cocaine addict a tiny taste of the product you can supply. Perhaps not the usual marketing analogy but what can I say its the way I was brought up. LOL Anyway I have said it before they are the gorilla and Brainchip is the scientist trying to study them. To do so Brainchip has to play by Mercedes Benz rules.

We were on the last day of our kitchen renovation yesterday and the apprentice said to his boss your in the way. The boss replied, "No I am the boss. The boss is never in the way. You work around me."

In very simple terms this one interchange explains everything about Brainchip and Mercedes Benz.

I believe that one day the roles will be reversed but not just yet. So for Brainchip it will be "You can call me anything you like except late for dinner."

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Maybe “spill the beans” was the wrong phrase to use, I didn’t insinuate that Mercedes accidentally let that information out, simply that they spilled out a bit of information (on purpose)to get people excited about their future product line.

Maybe I should have said they chose to reveal a glimpse of Their future, without breaching any NDA in place.

I personally choose to believe based on information given by Brainchip about their sweet spot with laidar, their 5 sense modality capabilities, their insane flexibility between power consumption and performance, and information given by Mercedes such as they are planing to unify their chips in their cars to one chip and the fact that in a modern vehicle there are 100+ sensors that we are more then likely to see Akida used in more then keyword spotting in the future.

Time will tell, but I’m excited enough to see this journey out.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

JB49

Regular
Watching landline. Fruit packer shortage, so they're using robots to pack avocados. The company supplying the robots is called Kuka, I think theyve been mentioned here before. They said the robot is constantly learning, the more it does its job, the more it learns.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Fire

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Howdy All,

Here's a MUST READ article IMO!!!!! So many things to get excited about in here and I've highlighted some of my fave parts!!! Remember a recent article in which Markus Shafer said "Efficiency is the new currency"? Well, I for one cannot wait until I can get my mitts on a copy of Markus Shafer's blog on neuromorphic computing.

Vive l'Akida revolution!

Mercedes-Benz won’t follow Tesla into the robotaxi game​

According to chief technology officer Markus Schäfer, the German automaker is happy to build human-driven taxis and a Level 3 automated system where drivers can basically stop paying attention while on the highway​

By Roberto Baldwin
Nov 3, 2022, 10:00 PM GMT+11|

Mercedes-Benz EQXX concept on a mountain road

Mercedes-Benz
Mercedes-Benz CTO Markus Schäfer is energized by his visit to Silicon Valley. The executive is at the automaker’s Sunnyvale, California, research and development center to meet with his team and local tech companies.
“Very, very interesting discussions were had about potential partnerships in the future,
” Schäfer tells The Verge as we sit down for a chat about the future of Mercedes-Benz. The company is in the midst of a supercharged transformation into an EV platform while working to become the first automaker to have a passenger vehicle for sale in the United States with Level 3 driver-assistance technology. The system allows the driver to not pay attention to the road or control the vehicle under very select circumstances — typically on the highway.

The company is in the midst of a supercharged transformation into an EV platform
It was another reason for Schäfer to make the trip to California. Mercedes wants to be able to launch its Drive Pilot feature in California, but making that a reality requires regulatory approval. The executive met with officials in Sacramento. The automaker’s goal is transparency with regulators and has gotten feedback from the DMV, California Highway Patrol, and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration about the system.
Mercedes-Benz CTO Markus Schäfer

Mercedes-Benz CTO Markus Schäfer is meeting with regulators about the company’s Level 3 automation feature. Image: Mercedes-Benz AG

They understand technology, the sense of redundancy [in computing], our safety philosophy, and even how we educate customers on this Level 3 system. So a very important milestone here, meeting with the regulators, explaining the system, and preparing the application,” the CTO said.
Mercedes’ Drive Pilot system’s Level 3 features would allow drivers under certain circumstances (on the highway under a certain speed) to remove their hands from the steering wheel and stop paying attention to the road. Nothing else on the market allows drivers to essentially check out from the driving experience. The closest thing we have in the United States right now are hands-free systems from BMW, Ford, and GM. All of them require the driver to continue to pay attention.
Yet potentially being the first to sell a passenger vehicle that can drive itself (again, in certain circumstances on the highway) does equate to a jump into the ride-hailing mobility space. Tesla CEO Elon Musk has said that self-driving Teslas could earn money for their owners and, at one point, announced that there would be a million self-driving Tesla taxis on the road in 2020.

Mercedes wants to be able to launch its Drive Pilot feature in California
That hasn’t happened yet, and for Mercedes, that’s not even a goal — at least not anymore. “We thought in 2016 or 2017, we could solve the robotaxi problem quite quickly,” Schäfer said. But committing to both a ride-hailing solution and a passenger driver-assistance solution was expensive. Something had to be scrapped, and it was the taxis driven by robots.
As Mercedes works toward Level 3 and beyond, other OEMs and their subsidiaries are going through a shake-up that seems to have landed them along the same path. The Ford and Volkswagen-backed Argo AI shuttered last week. Employees were reportedly told that some would be offered jobs by either Ford or Volkswagen, while others would receive a severance package. The technology would also be split between the two companies, although it’s not known which automaker will get what. During a third quarter earnings call, Ford announced that it would be focusing on Level 2 and Level 3 driver-assistance systems instead of vehicles that could be used as robotaxis.
Ironically, Mercedes has been providing vehicles to human-driven taxis for decades in Europe. It will continue to take part in that lucrative market, but it’s definitely not the automaker’s priority to get into the robotaxi world, according to Schäfer. The CTO doesn’t see the benefit of a self-driving taxi with a Mercedes star. “Would you wait five minutes longer for a Mercedes robotaxi? I don’t think so,” Schäfer said.
Tesla might not have to worry about battling the German automaker in the robotaxi game (whenever that happens), but it should be concerned about Mercedes’ recent rollout of EVS.
The EQS, EQE, EQS SUV, and EQB EVs from Mercedes are either already in US showrooms or will be soon. The automaker has been aggressive in its introduction of EVs with more on the way, including the EQE SUV. This current crop of EVs is based on a 400-volt architecture, which means they top off at 200kW while hooked up to compatible DC fast charging stations.

Tesla might not have to worry about battling the German automaker in the robotaxi game
According to Schäfer, more energy-efficient vehicles are on the way and will be based on the 900-volt EQXX concept vehicle.
Schäfer says that the automaker’s 2024 platform will feature a new battery chemistry with a silicone anode, a different type of cells, improved packaging density, and new cooling concepts. Meanwhile, the Mercedes-Benz-built motor in the EQXX is more or less the series motor we’ll see in future vehicles.
There may be one EQXX, but it’s the new baseline for the automaker’s future lineup. The result, according to Schäfer, is that “you will see a dramatic reduction in electric consumption to what’s out there today.” When pressed about what this efficiency means, the CTO said that the company is targeting a 20–30 percent range improvement.
For those still concerned about the range of electric vehicles, that’s a big boost on the luxury side. Yet Schäfer believes that, as the infrastructure becomes more mature and EVs become more prevalent, there will be customers that opt for a smaller battery pack that actually fits their driving lifestyle to save money.
That’s an important look into the future as the dream of price parity between EVs and gas-powered vehicles starts to slip away.
“Honestly, all our calculations and intelligence showed it would take a really, really long time to reach parity,” Schäfer said. The CTO noted that it wasn’t there before the supply chain issues, and it’s definitely something that’s not going to happen anytime soon now. That is, unless there’s a breakthrough in chemistry.

Mercedes plans to go fully electric by 2030. That’s five years ahead of California’s plan to no longer allow the sale of gas-powered vehicles. As the company that invented the modern automobile, Mercedes seems ready for the next step in the evolution of automobiles: a future with more efficient vehicles and actual autonomous functions (in certain conditions). But no robotaxis; it’ll leave that to the anonymous ride-hailing boxes.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 53 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
I just read through this article by Arm https://techsymposia.arm.com/kr/sessions/Track_B3.
About Manish Pandey, I came across a man named Dr. Riccardo Mariani from Nvidia, who is in contact with Anil Mankar, since I was listening to Magnus Östberg's podcast today and it was very important for Magnus Östberg to always talk about Nvidia, I think it could well be that BRN and Nvidia are in good contact, but now I'm going to bed
View attachment 21410
Hi Sirod, what do you mean / how do you know that Riccardo Mariani and Anil Mankar are in contact?

Reactions: 3 users

Newk R

Regular

Regards, dippY

Hi DippY
I too am of a mature age. I must admit that I do stress more than I should, but feel I am getting it somewhat under control. Some of the points you make about lifestyle change are very valid in this environment. I hope I can motivate myself to make some changes myself. Being a foodie and wine appreciator doesn't assist but a recent injury has at least started me on some recuperative exercises.
Cheers and good luck to all holders.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I know there've been discussions here previously about SiMa.ai being potential licencees. And if I recall correctly, Anil Mankar "liked" one of their posts not too long ago. Anyway, SiMa.ai has appointed automotive industry executive Harald Kroeger as its President of Automotive Business and to the SiMa.ai Board of Directors, beginning January 2023. He is an industry veteran and has worked with global companies as Bosch, Rivian, Mercedes-Benz and Tesla.

https://auto.economictimes.indiatim...automotive-business-and-on-its-board/95295125

Reactions: 9 users

Neuromorphia

fact collector

Attachments

• 8C53D551-6605-4CAF-A737-E83CC2E0ED22.jpeg
    8C53D551-6605-4CAF-A737-E83CC2E0ED22.jpeg
    725.2 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 21 users

MrNick

Regular
Can’t help thinking that if COP27 was to understand how BC could help the global fight to reduce energy consumption, the tablecloth would envelop the globe.

• Love
  • Fire
Top Bottom