BRN Discussion Ongoing

Sorry, haven't seen nor heard of the Sean & Rob comments or official statement of same personally.

Given the utilisation / implementation is acknowledged in the public domain by Mercedes I would think a fair consideration that it's not a secret.

If it was / is subject to a NDA I would have expected to Co to have clarified that officially at the time.

I must check BRN site as must have missed it, apols.
As there hasn't been any link of MB and BRN working directly together, BRN may be bound by an NDA with a company that is supplying MB. If MB is being supplied Akida by a company that has and NDA with BRN, then MB can say what they like, but BRN can't.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users
As there hasn't been any link of MB and BRN working directly together, BRN may be bound by an NDA with a company that is supplying MB. If MB is being supplied Akida by a company that has and NDA with BRN, then MB can say what they like, but BRN can't.
I would expect though, that for someone to be a supplier they would require a licence or formal agreement with BRN which would itself be material and unlikely to be able to sit behind a NDA.

Reactions: 3 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Yep ... their policy is if you do not have the funds in your account ...They WILL sell your shares to recover any costs!!!
Also I think what would happen first is that they will put your account on hold for buying shares and keep it open for selling shares so as to deposit funds back into your account. Anyway all hypothetical as you did no wrong!! .... it was their monumental #### up 😡

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Just send them your user ID and password and let them sort it out ...
Hi @DingoBorat ,

I was holding my breath until I saw your
1667365159797.png

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I would expect though, that for someone to be a supplier they would require a licence or formal agreement with BRN which would itself be material and unlikely to be able to sit behind a NDA.
Very good point. I'm just spit-balling here :)

So let's say that Renesas is supplying MB with Akida, we've announced that we're partnered with Renesas, so our obligation of disclosure is satisfied. If Renesas comes to BRN and says they are incorporating Akida into MB systems, but ask BRN not to advertise that, it'd be the professional thing for BRN to do, to not announce that. However, MB can freely advertise this info if they don't have a similar agreement with Renesas?

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Sorry, haven't seen nor heard of the Sean & Rob comments or official statement of same personally.

Given the utilisation / implementation is acknowledged in the public domain by Mercedes I would think a fair consideration that it's not a secret.

If it was / is subject to a NDA I would have expected to Co to have clarified that officially at the time.

I must check BRN site as must have missed it, apols.
There were lengthy discussions around this at the time and as I pointed out from a legal eagles point of view Mercedes Benz being a prime catch for Brainchip, Brainchip likely acceded to a request from Mercedes Benz under the agreed NDA that release of information was solely under the control of Mercedes Benz.

Mercedes Benz are the ones building and selling the end product and have been doing so for more than 100 years and understand their market. They WOULD want to be completely in charge of the messaging to customers.

They decided to call Brainchip Ai Experts and laud AKIDA’s prowess to their customers.

Brainchip has recently stated how grateful they are to Mercedes Benz for making this statement.

And you will need to listen to the video presentations back following the statement to find the other comments of Sean Hehir and Rob Telson that they are not allowed to speak about it.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
just forward looking to the next couple of months:
- about 7 weeks away from asx200 rebalance - are we looking more likely to drop out or stay in?
- if we do drop out and the instos reduce / sell their holdings down, there could be a little sweetspot early to mid january before the 4c to pick up some cheapies
- of course, that would be a mistake if we only report $100K in cash received again lol - SÜRELY NOT...
- i really would love an out of the blue announcement or 2 prior to xmas.... got smacked on brainchip shares last week, and again on the melbourne cup yesterday

please gamble responsibly on both.... :)

Reactions: 9 users
Very good point. I'm just spit-balling here :)

So let's say that Renesas is supplying MB with Akida, we've announced that we're partnered with Renesas, so our obligation of disclosure is satisfied. If Renesas comes to BRN and says they are incorporating Akida into MB systems, but ask BRN not to advertise that, it'd be the professional thing for BRN to do, to not announce that. However, MB can freely advertise this info if they don't have a similar agreement with Renesas?
Fair consideration, though I suspect if was just a Renesas product that MB would not necessarily declare Akida but is AI or Neuromorphic product only etc. but could obviously be wrong too....like a lot of times haha.

There were lengthy discussions around this at the time and as I pointed out from a legal eagles point of view Mercedes Benz being a prime catch for Brainchip, Brainchip likely acceded to a request from Mercedes Benz under the agreed NDA that release of information was solely under the control of Mercedes Benz.

Mercedes Benz are the ones building and selling the end product and have been doing so for more than 100 years and understand their market. They WOULD want to be completely in charge of the messaging to customers.

They decided to call Brainchip Ai Experts and laud AKIDA’s prowess to their customers.

Brainchip has recently stated how grateful they are to Mercedes Benz for making this statement.

And you will need to listen to the video presentations back following the statement to find the other comments of Sean Hehir and Rob Telson that they are not allowed to speak about it.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thanks re the video presentations heads up...I'll try get acquainted with them so understand better but essentially, it's just supposition at this time re an actual NDA.

Reactions: 1 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Thanks re the video presentations heads up...I'll try get acquainted with them so understand better but essentially, it's just supposition at this time re an actual NDA.
Yes that is why I asked you where your evidence was that one did definitely not exist.

What I would say is that my supposition is not a guess but a reasoned logical rational conclusion.

In the absence of an NDA as you suggest it would be capricious of Brainchip and contrary to its commercial interest not to provide full disclosure about the work they are doing with Mercedes Benz given the mere sniff of the relationship caused significant and sustained market interest and greatly improved the market capitalisation which would improve the companies positioning for an eventual listing on NASDAQ.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Yes that is why I asked you where your evidence was that one did definitely not exist.

What I would say is that my supposition is not a guess but a reasoned logical rational conclusion.

In the absence of an NDA as you suggest it would be capricious of Brainchip and contrary to its commercial interest not to provide full disclosure about the work they are doing with Mercedes Benz given the mere sniff of the relationship caused significant and sustained market interest and greatly improved the market capitalisation which would improve the companies positioning for an eventual listing on NASDAQ.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Your question was fair, with no offence taken, and your conclusion is reasonable though still supposition.

Using the same logic, there is no evidence that one does exist either.

I merely posed the question that some clarity around the MB position would be great, no more, no less. If nothing is said, then so be it. C'est la vie.

If there is an NDA, one could surmise that could be rightfully declared at the time with good reason of being in force rather than some comments that leave a bit of a grey area.

In the absence of an NDA, the Co still has exceptions within the listing rules re disclosure and I would conclude there could be a couple of acceptable exceptions where information re MB may not be an ASX necessity at this time.

Exception to rule 3.1

3.1A Listing rule 3.1 does not apply to particular +information while each of the following is satisfied
in relation to the information:

3.1A.1 One or more of the following 5 situations applies:

• It would be a breach of a law to disclose the information.
The information concerns an incomplete proposal or negotiation.
The information comprises matters of supposition or is insufficiently definite to
warrant disclosure.

• The information is generated for the internal management purposes of the
entity; or
• The information is a trade secret; and

3.1A.2 The information is confidential and ASX has not formed the view that the information
has ceased to be confidential; and

3.1A.3 A reasonable person would not expect the information to be disclosed.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
From a TA view...watching a potential pattern forming near support & be great to see it confirm.

Other supporting indicators still ugly & will need a change to confirm.

1667371794992.png

• Love
Reactions: 20 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
Would still really love some clarity at some point on that relationship and how / where we fit given no NDA.

Good coin per car according to Qualcomm.

Chipmaker Qualcomm says automotive future business expands to $30 bln​

OCTOBER 21, 2022
U.S. chip designer Qualcomm (QCOM.O) on Thursday said its automotive business “pipeline” increased to $30 billion, up more than $10 billion since its third quarter results were announced in late July.

The jump in future business was thanks to its Snapdragon Digital Chassis product used by car makers and their suppliers, Qualcomm said at its Automotive Investor Day. The Snapdragon Digital Chassis can provide assisted and autonomous driving technology, as well as in-car infotainment and cloud connectivity.

With electric vehicles and increasing autonomous features in cars, the number of chips used by automakers is surging and the automotive market has been a key growth area for chipmakers.

When you think about a per car basis, a lower tier car, we have an opportunity of approximately $200 stretching all the way to $3,000 at the high tier,” said Akash Palkhiwala, Qualcomm’s CFO.
“Going forward the mix will continue to shift towards the high end so the opportunity will keep expanding.”

Qualcomm said the automotive market size it is targeting could grow to as large as $100 billion by 2030.

In fiscal year 2022, it estimates its automotive business revenue will be about $1.3 billion, from $975 million the previous year. By fiscal year 2026, it estimates that to rise to over $4 billion and in fiscal year 2031 to over $9 billion.

Qualcomm also announced an expanded partnership with Mercedes Benz AG (MBGn.DE) which will be using the Snapdragon Cockpit for its in-car infotainment system from 2023.

Qualcomm also has many automotive customers in China. Asked about the impact of broader U.S. export regulations, CEO Cristiano Amon said “strong win-win partnerships between the U.S. enterprises and the China enterprises will always be a force of stability”.
“But we’ll see what the future holds,”
he added.

Earlier this week, chipmaker Nvidia (NVDA.O) unveiled a new automotive central computer called drive thor to provide autonomous and assisted driving as well as in-car digital entertainment and services.
So if that's case Akida has to be in snapdragon otherwise we'll be in trouble one would think 🤔

Reactions: 1 users
So if that's case Akida has to be in snapdragon otherwise we'll be in trouble one would think 🤔
Not necessarily.

That many diff MCU, MPU etc, we could still be in there co processing certain functions imo.

• Fire

cosors

👀
Our German friends should be able to assist but looks like he is in marketing. Possibly a paid article by Brainchip?

View attachment 20898
I have known "Elektronikpraxis" for many many years. I know it as a technical or scientific magazine. It is so specific that I can hardly imagine BRN paying for it.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Just reading an article from the Breaking Defense web site about the Biden Admins new non-disclosure gag on even the unclassified version of the Strategic Space Review.
So probably we will never know , at least in the foreseeable future, what applications in space and defense where Akida may be used.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

cosors

👀
View attachment 20974

I'd be this superhero because I love football.
"...Milo (died 48 BC) was a Roman political agitator. The son of Gaius Papius Celsus, he was adopted by his maternal grandfather, Titus Annius Luscus. In 52 BC, he was prosecuted for the murder of Publius Clodius Pulcher and exiled from Rome. He was unsuccessfully defended by his friend, Marcus Tullius Cicero, in the speech Pro Milone."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titus_Annius_Milo

Milo also led a mob to control the streets. A tragic character.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom