BRN Discussion Ongoing

S

Straw

Agreed, I think the point though that most have a grievance with (certainly I do) is that the half year accounts were presented in such a way that it wasn’t unreasonable to expect a significantly higher amount of cash inflow. The notes said as at 30 June $2.5 million of trade receivables were typically due on 30-90 day terms. Whilst this isn’t saying all terms are like that you would think that it would at least be the majority or a significant portion of that.
Isn't that still projecting expectations and timelines? I do understand why there is frustration though. I get it, I really do. I've been through a great deal of uncertainty holding and yes it can be challenging. We all have to make our own decisions on what our horizon is and what our goals are.
Is still a risk but with a company I trust to act reasonably and almost certainly through more interesting times. But they are still here and light years ahead of where they started.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
I'll just put it back in, we already had it, but it was posted by Prophesee 4 hours ago🥰😘

PROPHESEE
PROPHESEE6.837 • vor 4 Stunden

Industrial automation applications have driven the early adoption of #eventcameras but further improvements in sensor size and power efficiency are making the #neuromorphic enabled vision sensing approach attractive for consumer applications, too.

Embedding more intelligence in the #pixels helps make #edgeprocessing more practical as well, which is ideal for more types of devices. “The closer you get to the acquisition of the information, the better off you are in terms of efficiency and low latency. You also avoid the need to encode and transmit the data,” says our CEO Luca Verre in a recent interview with Sally Ward-Foxton now available on EE Times Europe Anne-Françoise PELE.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Foxdog

Regular
There is no doubt revenue side is almost blank but how you were expecting revenue should had been there. There is no product in the market, there is no new announcement which means revenue was not coming.
Regarding stock price it will be keep on moving up or down. A dip should be considered as opportunity for investors on the other hand someone who bought brn for a quick benefit should get a lesson money making is not that easy.
I will only say evaluate the company based on facts than on hope.
Problem is the company is not giving us many facts to work with. Most of the information we obtain is from the 1000 eyes and that in itself is pure speculation to a point. Doubt starts to creep in, next to zero revenue and reading between the lines of the CEO address the company is struggling to gain traction. Plenty of big companies are interested in testing AKIDA but are they actually willing to pull the trigger and commit to the tech. Although I understand the concept of NDA's and their importance in protecting the parties involved it gets to the point where one has to ask - is the silence and lack of news flow due to NDA's or simply due to nil commitment from customers. Also I find it incongruous that the CEO says that sales are the busiest to that the company has ever seen yet we are looking at almost zero revenue as a result...wtf? I guess even 1 sale is busier than none, so he might be telling the truth.....my frustrated opinions only after a long sleepless post 4C night.

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

GStocks123

Regular
There needs to be an update on current NDA’s.. even if marginal.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users
S
Isn't that still projecting expectations and timelines? I do understand why there is frustration though. I get it, I really do. I've been through a great deal of uncertainty holding and yes it can be challenging. We all have to make our own decisions on what our horizon is and what our goals are.
Is still a risk but with a company I trust to act reasonably and almost certainly through more interesting times. But they are still here and light years ahead of where they started.
Yea it is, but also financials should be able to be relied upon in a reasonable manner, especially when for the most part its the majority of information where provided as investors. If the company had simply made additional disclosure in the financials to say that a significant amount of these receivables are outside the typical trade terms because of x y and z then there wouldn’t be an issue.

Im not trying to be over critical but I do think that this needs to be recognised by the company and avoided in future. I understand that this is a long term investment (I’m going on 8 years of holding myself) and that the money will be all over the place to start with.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Argo AI might not be using Akida but they know about it and think it's "pretty cool"
I contacted the Senior Director of Software Engineering | Head of Perception to ask if he was aware of BrainChip and Akida
He seems like a great dude

I sent him a link to the BrainChip Designing Smarter and Safer Cars with Essential AI document

View attachment 20204
View attachment 20205
Hi bls I wonder how this will affect things?

LL

Reactions: 2 users

Quercuskid

Regular
Well with all the great research, the fact none of the fundamentals have changed I have put a buy in to double my already large shareholding, belief, optimism or just plain foodhardy on my behalf, I hope the former!

• Fire
  • Love
Everyone that has stated not being happy is valid, that’s your money and expectation based on what’s the CEO has said. I wonder what the company has to say about this quater other bad economy and that they have sales in the pipeline.

Reactions: 3 users
Interesting topic that I happen to know a little about! Gives us something else to think about whilst waiting for the eventual grandeur that WILL happen. PANTENE!

Read on only if you are interested to learn something that may improve your physical health and well-being.

Comparing fruit juice to Scotch was an inappropriate choice to get the low-carb point across. Scotch (as with most straight spirits) has zero carbs, but it does have calories. I had never heard of its back-pain alleviating qualities, but I'm willing to give it a try. :)

Maybe a better example would have been: fruit juice is worse than coke or other forms of pop drink. Or fruit juice is worse than directly eating spoons full of sugar. And it IS!

The main concern about fruit is that fructose is the enemy. Fructose can only be metabolized in the liver where it promotes the synthesis of fat. And a lot of that fat is stored in the liver which degrades the organ. Excess fat in the liver can lead to fatty liver disease and even cirrhosis of the liver.

Eating whole fruit is much better than fruit juice, the fibre in fruit makes it lower GI and hence not as bad as the fructose is absorbed into the body slower, but overall fructose still ONLY gets metabolized in the liver and places strain on that extremely important organ. Juicing fruit turns it into concentrated fructose and removes the most beneficial part—the fibre. And based purely on nutritional value, you're better off eating most fruit skins rather than the pulp inside.

As an aside, normal white sugar is 50% glucose and 50% fructose. Consuming something that is 100% fructose is worse than eating sugar by itself. Hence my spoons full of sugar comment above.

We have been fed a big porker of a lie by having the food pyramid shoved down our throats.

We have always been told fruit and grains are good for us. They are OK in moderation, but modern agriculture techniques have made them abundantly available all year round, and now they are consumed in excess. That's the crux of the problem and the reason for the obesity pandemic. Dietary fat, derived from animal sources, olive oil and avocado, is NOT the enemy! With the exception of olive oil and some nut oils, ALL other vegetable oils are also the enemy. And butter IS better than margarine!

The food pyramid is wrong and mainly exists to get us to eat stuff that was over abundant and couldn't be given to our cattle because it made them fat! The food pyramid was introduced to demonize all dietary fats, this was based on nonsense which has since been dis-proven. They introduced the Food Pyramid in 1977, in an attempt to stave off a false statistic of increasing heart disease, that they thought was the result of too much fat in the diet. And that is when the obesity epidemic started.

Look at photos of the general population from before 1977. It is difficult to spot a fat person in them.

The US stopped promoting the food pyramid in 2005 and dietary advice is now based on MyPlate, and moderation.
All is forgiven. The research on the use of Scotch for back pain is genuine. I will have a hunt around and post a link.
Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Onboard21

BRCHF only down 0.04c in US not too bad

Reactions: 6 users
Ah well another month and 500 dollar top up. I don’t look at 4C. It’ll come, I know it will. Until then it’s better buying for me…

I can deal with friends ridicule when they now look at SP and say “where’s your Ferrari bro??!” A I wouldn’t buy one and B why aren’t you buying when it’s so cheap ;).

Me I’ll step back again, too much to read here ;).

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

rgupta

Regular
Problem is the company is not giving us many facts to work with. Most of the information we obtain is from the 1000 eyes and that in itself is pure speculation to a point. Doubt starts to creep in, next to zero revenue and reading between the lines of the CEO address the company is struggling to gain traction. Plenty of big companies are interested in testing AKIDA but are they actually willing to pull the trigger and commit to the tech. Although I understand the concept of NDA's and their importance in protecting the parties involved it gets to the point where one has to ask - is the silence and lack of news flow due to NDA's or simply due to nil commitment from customers. Also I find it incongruous that the CEO says that sales are the busiest to that the company has ever seen yet we are looking at almost zero revenue as a result...wtf? I guess even 1 sale is busier than none, so he might be telling the truth.....my frustrated opinions only after a long sleepless post 4C night.
I can understand the frustrations. But company is legally responsible what soever they say.
While on social platforms we can say whatsoever we want to say.
Regarding pros and cons of brn I want to list mine
1. Everyone is looking for a energy efficient technology and wants to mimic human brain. There is no better technology than snn on that front and there is no better snn than akida. That is a market truth
2. We only know about what happens around us but the engineers work on different problems with different chellenges and it always take time to bring out solutions. To me brainchip is not selling a product but a technology and it will take time to incorporate the same with existing technologies
3. Brainchip is not interested in spending too much on advertisement and creating a hype just to get a quick benefit. Even our work force is very limited which limits our ability to penetrate.
Management is taking calculative risks to bring out the maximum benefits.
4. We all know NASA, valeo, megachips, renasas, edge impulse, nviso, prophesee, arm are working brainchip and a few of demonstrations of late show how good our product is.
5. When the CEO is saying sales are busy, we should keep his words coz misleading markets is illegal.

Cons about brainchip

1. Brainchip is trying to implement a new technology without a big player on our side. Think this way how people reacted as soon as Merc said they are using akida. How market reacts when Elon Musk buy Bitcoin.
But all those were hypes but definately market listen to big players more than small players. That is where no one wants to believe until some big players start standing on our side.
2. The company is not interested in developing and selling a product directly with their technology. May be they believe it will be more dangerous than selling and IP.
3. We have a very limited employees and it may be good for share holders.

So in the end I will say believe on technology and what company is saying to us. There are still chances we may fail but the risk rewards ratio is good enough to keep invested.
Dyor

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
I have slept on my response to give a little time for the emotions settle so that it could be put forward in a sensible and measured structure. Here goes ……

FARK ME . FAAAAARRRK ME SEAN!

Nah seriously now .

I am normally a very patient investor. However my patience is now tested. This wait for this revolutionary technology is unfortunately being delayed due to factors more important than the technology itself.

When man first discovered fire, I’m sure there were many other factors on his mind (like everything wants to kill and eat me). Did he put off selling his fire to the world.
The wheel was adopted pretty quickly. The metal axe and sword. The steam engine. The car. The telephone. The list goes on. Progress. If it is important enough, critical enough to progress in an efficient and proficient way….,,.it will sell.

Has Akida been sold. We have been shown very little “cash receipts” to date for such a revolutionary product. Let’s remember “ BrainChip is the worldwide leader in edge AI on-chip processing and learning. The company’s first- to-market neuromorphic processor, AkidaTM, is worlds first Neuromorphic Chip”

Now. The 1000 eyes have put together I mighty list of possible customers and products that could contain Akida. Why, I myself have contributed occasionally with my own beliefs. Most recently I stated I most certainly believe TDK i3 micro sensor has Akida technology. It is a low power sensor with edge AI. Producted Launched! On the market and selling now. TDK did not put off development and sale of this product because of COVID, war or any economic crisis in the east or west. It saw a need for the product and it is now out there. It’s called progress. Who else has this edge AI technology if Brainchip hasn’t sold it. It’s meant to be 3 years ahead of the competitors yet here is a product in the market. And Akida is not. This is one example. There are many more where we are told there is an alternative AI in the product. But wait. The product is just that. It’s a product with similar technology being sold. There is a need for it and it’s out there now !

We are being told there are extended valuations, budget decreases and delayed introduction of new technology. Someone should tell Brainchips competitors that. Because I see many products out there with AI and a lot are operating on the edge. Don’t start me on Mercedes’ We are being told that models are being released with the new MBUX with all the smarts and edge AI but it’s not Akida yet. It might be in models released in later years! WTF!

I’m disappointed to even post this as I know I will be ridiculed and said I am a downramper etc. some will defend the company and say “there are sales. We just haven’t seen them yet! There are things called NDA’s….. give them time. It’s outside their control. We were told it’s lumpy, we’re getting lumps“.

It’s now crunch time. There are no lumps. Just a crumb. The company has to deliver this current quarter or I am afraid they may never. If you have the worlds first of anything, you must be able to sell it. Why, because people are still actually selling ice to the Eskimo’s. No shit!

I leave it that. No more from me till January 23.

Edit: the company should put a freeze on bonus/share payments until it can sell more than it spends. Even advancement of technology bonuses! What’s the point if it can’t be sold
I still try to bring the positives from statements from the CEO and company to the forefront of my mind and there are many but we definitely share a lot of the same thoughts and fears.. we must be very close I am still positive for the next two quarters

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users
A COUPLE OF FACTS:

1. As to whether the company has sufficient capital the answer is a resounding yes.

They have the $US24 million in the 4C and the LDA Capital agreement which has a further $28 million they can draw down.

So total capital reserves of $52 million to keep the wolf from the door.

No capital raise being considered.

2. The accounts receivable are due from MegaChips as part of the original agreement.

The goods have been delivered but under the agreement terms are not yet fully invoiced.

They will be fully invoiced by 23 December, 2023.

In other words the agreement spreads payment by MegaChips over two years for the IP and engineering fees.

It will teach me to ask and not assume.

So what we have had is one of the CEO Sean Hehir’s lumpy 4C’s.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 65 users

Cyw

Regular
Still holding, but come on $100k was a shot in the arm to most if not all of us.
Everyone that has stated not being happy is valid, that’s your money and expectation based on what’s the CEO has said. I wonder what the company has to say about this quater other bad economy and that they have sales in the pipeline.
Would be good if the company could break down the income like the expenses. If any of the income is from royalties I will be happy. If it is from selling t-shirts then we are in trouble. We were told the second half of this year, the next quaterly better be explosive or we will get back to 30c.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Not sure what all the fuss is about, be it 100k or 4 million, it is still just a pittance to what we all know the future will be delivering. This is not just blind faith from a tragic BRN retail shareholder, look at the traction that not only BRN but neuromorphic architecture is gaining in the computer science world, from industry experts a lot more knowledgeable than you and me. Popular opinion is slowly but surely changing, for the betterment of all our futures be it beneficial to humanity as well as financial.
Patience at this time is all that is needed.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users

Quatrojos

Regular
There needs to be an update on current NDA’s.. even if marginal.
This is crucial and is something Tony Dawe should be working on. Given that BRN has such disruptive tech, and I believe it does, I find it difficult to believe that NDA's will flee if relationships become public. This has been said by BRN but there must come a point where the company feels strong enough, and engaged enough, to begin to publicise. What was it that LDN said? 'Well north of 100 NDAs?'

Perhaps we should risk exposing a few NDA's. They won't run if they know the tech is valuable. BRN should be exerting some influence; showing strength.

Since BRN secured the capital following the Mercedes publicity, they have shown no interest in maintaining shareholders' faith. Hehir's statement about the share price 'doing whatever it will do' is not good enough for investors.

Let's shed some light on NDA's...

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

MDhere

Regular
A shorters dream now to pick up silly nervous nellies shares. Park the 4c, we all know what's coming. 👍

• Fire
  • Love

wilzy123

Founding Member
What happened to Renesas releasing a product with Akida in it second half of 2022 ????
1. We are only half way through the second half of 2022
2. Who's to say product(s) haven't already been released
3. Who's to say said product(s) haven't already been purchased from renesas
4. Who here knows renesas's payment terms (is it 10 days, 30 days, 90 days)?
5. Who's to say when that will then flow through to BRN?

• Fire
  • Love

Violin1

Regular
Looks like a day for golf and ignore the market. I don't really think this 4c was unexpected and it seems to me that many are playing into the Shorters' hands by gnashing teeth and wailing. It's an emerging company and technology and we've been told it'll be lumpy. If you're a long-termer then it won't make a difference. Our people are good people. They are working hard. I trust them and understand it's a tough job - so they need some faith and support. Stay calm and play golf I say.

Oh....and maybe buy a few more....even though I said I had enough. hee hee hee.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
Top Bottom