BRN Discussion Ongoing

The US markets are a joke..
They will probably be in the toilet again on Tuesday 🙄..

• Sad
Reactions: 9 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Never heard of them before but coincidentally Sailesh Chittipeddi from Renesas also liked that same post

Blu Wireless, Renesas and Tata may all be connected.

Blu Wireless are members of the Coordinated Multipoint Open Radio Access Network (CoMP-O-RAN) whose "aim is to revolutionise the performance and cost of densified 5G New Radio (NR) outdoor small cell clusters".

Back in June @Makeme 2020 posted an announcement about a strategic partnership between Renesas and Tata ( Tata Motors Ltd. (TML) and Tejas Networks Ltd). Here's @Makeme 2020 original post #19,436. The partnership involves exploring various technologies including ADAS and it also " includes design and development of semiconductor solutions for radio units (RU) used in telecom networks, from 4G, 5G, to open radio access network (O-RAN), which enables open and flexible 5G RAN deployments, in addition to allowing wider interoperability. The companies aim to roll out products and solutions initially for India and aim to expand its footprint in the global markets".

Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 11.32.45 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 11.39.24 am.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

GStocks123

Regular
I like it a lot!

Attachments

• 1C423251-1E7E-450E-9BFA-4AADAA5C8CD7.png
    1C423251-1E7E-450E-9BFA-4AADAA5C8CD7.png
    800.8 KB · Views: 164
  • AA3A5D54-249B-45F1-8262-35DDBFD9BBC2.png
    AA3A5D54-249B-45F1-8262-35DDBFD9BBC2.png
    359.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
Over at the other place I railed against the naysayers who attack the idea that NASA was going to be a huge commercial opportunity.

Even here some have expressed a less aggressive though nonetheless similar viewpoint.

Well I am a very petty mean spirited individual who as a retired litigation lawyer loves revelling in being proven right which on this occasion comes from the fact that my position has always been that having NASA validate and prove Brainchip’s technology opens up opportunities in the military and commercial space of incredible value.

The obvious involvement of Brainchip in the communication space has clearly been facilitated by the following NASA driven and funded proof of concept research:

“Validating the Cognitive Network Controller on NASA’s SCaN Testbed​

Publisher: IEEE
Cite This

Ricardo Lent; David E. Brooks; Gilbert Clark
Sign In or Purchase
Paper
Citations
Full
Text Views

Abstract
Authors
Figures
References
Citations
Keywords
Metrics
More Like This

Abstract:The Cognitive Network Controller (CNC) defines a neuromorphic architecture where a spiking neural network can both encode network performance observations and select the optimal actions (e.g., routes) for the context of those observations. Because of these features, the CNC can quickly adapt to changes in the operational environment to either maintain or improve selected performance metrics. This behavior can be attractive for a space networking scenario with orbiting and ground-based assets that are either stationary or manned, bringing an elevated level of autonomy in network communication decisions. Using the SCaN testbed as a laboratory facility in orbit, we evaluated the adaptation abilities of the CNC applied to a space network routing application. Towards this end, the CNC design and the related neuromorphic processor were implemented in software and deployed on the flight computer of the SCaN testbed, and then applied to route bundles to a ground station over parallel links. This work likely constitutes the earliest demonstration of a space application for neuromorphic computing and a basic validation of the online adaptation capabilities of the CNC”

Lumpy or not the road to Brainchip’s commercial success is crowded with opportunity upon opportunity.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 58 users

Taproot

Regular
Over at the other place I railed against the naysayers who attack the idea that NASA was going to be a huge commercial opportunity.

Even here some have expressed a less aggressive though nonetheless similar viewpoint.

Well I am a very petty mean spirited individual who as a retired litigation lawyer loves revelling in being proven right which on this occasion comes from the fact that my position has always been that having NASA validate and prove Brainchip’s technology opens up opportunities in the military and commercial space of incredible value.

The obvious involvement of Brainchip in the communication space has clearly been facilitated by the following NASA driven and funded proof of concept research:

“Validating the Cognitive Network Controller on NASA’s SCaN Testbed​

Publisher: IEEE
Cite This

Ricardo Lent; David E. Brooks; Gilbert Clark
Sign In or Purchase
Paper
Citations
Full
Text Views

Abstract
Authors
Figures
References
Citations
Keywords
Metrics
More Like This

Abstract:The Cognitive Network Controller (CNC) defines a neuromorphic architecture where a spiking neural network can both encode network performance observations and select the optimal actions (e.g., routes) for the context of those observations. Because of these features, the CNC can quickly adapt to changes in the operational environment to either maintain or improve selected performance metrics. This behavior can be attractive for a space networking scenario with orbiting and ground-based assets that are either stationary or manned, bringing an elevated level of autonomy in network communication decisions. Using the SCaN testbed as a laboratory facility in orbit, we evaluated the adaptation abilities of the CNC applied to a space network routing application. Towards this end, the CNC design and the related neuromorphic processor were implemented in software and deployed on the flight computer of the SCaN testbed, and then applied to route bundles to a ground station over parallel links. This work likely constitutes the earliest demonstration of a space application for neuromorphic computing and a basic validation of the online adaptation capabilities of the CNC”

Lumpy or not the road to Brainchip’s commercial success is crowded with opportunity upon opportunity.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Spot on FF !
I think the NASA relationship alone will be worth millions, let alone the commercial applications that will burgeon because of the relationship.
For memory NASA were using 20 nodes just for the Rover project.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 29 users
Our good friend Micklepenis is back with his usual bullshit Motley Fool article!

"With BrainChip competing against giants such as IBM, Intel, and Qualcomm, which invest billions into research and development, it would be incredible if BrainChip’s small team and tiny budget allows it to create technology that not only outperforms its rivals but leads the industry"

This above has to be my favourite talking point in the argument against Brainchip. How could they possibly do it? While ignoring why intel, Qualcom etc can't do it because of ALL the granted patents held by Brainchip and 27+ pending patents waiting to be granted.

Questioning whether the tech works or not by ignoring Renesas, Megachips, Mercedes, NASA, Valeo, Prophesee, ARM, Si-Five, NVISO, who have all validated the tech.

This next paragraph of the article is a real stickler though and is outright lies and sometimes I kinda wish that Brainchip would address hit pieces like this.

"One of those was an Early Access Program Order from space agency NASA.It has been almost two years since the order was placed but no longer gets spoken about. In fact, it appears to have ended after just three weeks on 18 January 2021 based on NASA data"

It's the masterpiece of how not to be a journalist. No time spent researching and blatantly ignoring the facts.

Let the shorts, short. This article serves nothing but to fuel fear in an already fearful market and questions really need to be asked on whether or not these dicks have a short position in the stock. Writing it isn't enough as paper never refused ink.

https://www.fool.com.au/2022/10/17/warning-brainchip-shares-are-being-targeted-by-short-sellers/

Anyway that's the end of my incoherent rant but it serves as a call out to these fucks who blatantly LIE to their subscribers.

Anyway we all know how this ends.
Hope everyone has had a good Monday 🔥

Akida Ballista baby
Can anyone enlighten me as to whether Qualcomm’s Snapdragon can perform AI without internet connection?

Reactions: 3 users
Can anyone enlighten me as to whether Qualcomm’s Snapdragon can perform AI without internet connection?
It depends on what definition of artificial intelligence you apply.

The term Ai has been abused by the semiconductor industry to such an extent it is almost meaningless.

The best example I can give is how the word Smart and the term Ai are used interchangeably so that you can have intelligent or Smart brake pads.

To create the Smart brake pad a loop of wire is imbedded and when the pad wears down and breaks through the loop a brake light warning is ignited.

This is clearly not Ai nor is it Smart but the person who had the idea was both intelligent and Smart but not the bit of wire.

The question to ask is can Snapdragon unconnected do all that AKIDA technology can do and the answer is no.

However Qualcomm has not only butchered the meaning of Ai like the rest of the industry but they have also redefined the meaning of Snapdragon which was once just a chip to now be a platform which can integrate third party IP.

If they integrate AKIDA IP into the Snapdragon platform then they could actually reclaim the original meaning of Ai for the Snapdragon platform.

Not sure if this is answering the question you wanted answered.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Have we looked at a company called BluWireless before?

Brainchip staff regularly like their posts and Sean Hehir has said they we’re working closely with a Telecommunications company, and just in the last 24 hours Anil Mankar has congratulated one of their staff.

Renesas is one of BluWireless partners.

A snippet here about BluWireless-

“Blu Wireless is disrupting the market with our ultra-fast and seamless 5G mmWave solutions. We are committed to developing cutting-edge network technology that helps set our customers apart as market leaders and innovators”
A year or so ago, in an interview with PvdM, Marcus asked a leading question about 5G and PvdM abruptly denied it. NDA?

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
A year or so ago, in an interview with PvdM, Marcus asked a leading question about 5G and PvdM abruptly denied it. NDA?
NDA means you ‘Nong Don’t Ask’ that I told you that in confidence perhaps???🤡😂🤡🤣🤡😁

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Diogenese

Top 20
This is definitely an old article and was first published when they started releasing their development boards MONTHS before they announced they had found their missing twin Brainchip. It was a story for the ages.

Separated by oceans and continents at birth neither one knowing the other existed but yet sensing something was missing and that they would never be whole until they found each other.

It was such an emotional meeting when across a crowded trade show they saw each other’s freshly ironed table cloths.

It even says so at the end in the fine
Print:

“This article originally ran on sister site EE Times.”

The answer is always in the fine print.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...F97D6080C5D2DEC4ED3CF97D6080C5D2&&FORM=VDRVRV

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Or are we on to the next 6G edition

All inclusive​

6G will be more than just another wireless network. The challenge here is to further develop and integrate wireless communications, sensor technology and processing power seamlessly. New eHealth approaches will enable electronic health care services worldwide, even in remote or inaccessible areas. Local trust zones will create secure spaces for the IoT micronets of smart cities. Simple IoT devices will automatically connect to each other to form local mesh networks, without needing densification of existing networks. This will be supported by edge, fog and cloud computing technologies.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Or are we on to the next 6G edition

All inclusive​

6G will be more than just another wireless network. The challenge here is to further develop and integrate wireless communications, sensor technology and processing power seamlessly. New eHealth approaches will enable electronic health care services worldwide, even in remote or inaccessible areas. Local trust zones will create secure spaces for the IoT micronets of smart cities. Simple IoT devices will automatically connect to each other to form local mesh networks, without needing densification of existing networks. This will be supported by edge, fog and cloud computing technologies.

6G communication is evolving the current communication networking system smartly. Nayak & Patgiri [1], [2] envision the diverse future possibilities of 6G application in various domains, where 5G is the foundation for building the next generation of communication technology; for example, intelligent vehicles, Internet of Things, and savvy urban areas [10]. Although 5G has yet to be deployed worldwide and get experience at this time, researchers have turned their attention to the 6G communication framework [11]. In addition, the researchers have started working on integrating the 6G communication networks with AI’s capabilities to provide ubiquitous and reliable communication. Thus, it is becoming the backbone of the digital transformation of society [9], [12]. 6G communication technology provisions the connection with everything by integrating various technologies and applications. It also supports holographic, haptic, and underwater technologies. It will strengthen the Internet of Everything such as the Internet of Industrial Things, Internet of Medical Things, Internet of Nano-Things, etc. [7], [8], [13]. Therefore, the 6G communication technology can fulfill its promises with the help of advanced AI.

2. 6G core technologies​

6G communication is all about sixth-sense communication. It will be a three-dimensional technology, particularly time, space, and frequency. 6G will truly be an artificial intelligence-driven communication.

AI-powered network management to control the fast monitoring system. Implementing several cloud services, network virtualization, and other individual components could simplify some activities. Still, it leads to more fragmentation in the long run and an increased need to regulate tools. 6G will help us to build and modify that advanced toolkit. Edge AI over management system would handle the complex integration in a hierarchical order [5].

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I think this is interesting 🤔 Edge Impulse and Silicon Labs on their new ML chip. In this presentation FOMO ( faster objects more objects ) is mentioned which was also discussed in the recent podcast with Edge Impulse. Some big customers potentially here with this. A very important slide comes up at 16:50 in a power consumption comparison with competitors chips.

Silicon Labs don't seem to have heard of SNNs:

US2021183380A1 Keyword Spotting Using Machine Learning

1666410807609.png

[0044] The main neural network 200 may be a convolutional neural network (CNN). FIG. 6 shows the structure of this CNN according to one embodiment.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20

I like lumpy. Some lumps are huge! while others are just a handful but all lumps are good lumps.

I hope this comment isn't sexist? Sexual connotation is there but both male and female lumps could be interpreted here :devilish:. I'll shut up now

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

TopCat

Regular
Silicon Labs don't seem to have heard of SNNs:

US2021183380A1 Keyword Spotting Using Machine Learning

View attachment 19671

[0044] The main neural network 200 may be a convolutional neural network (CNN). FIG. 6 shows the structure of this CNN according to one embodiment.
Ok, thanks for checking it out

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
It depends on what definition of artificial intelligence you apply.

The term Ai has been abused by the semiconductor industry to such an extent it is almost meaningless.

The best example I can give is how the word Smart and the term Ai are used interchangeably so that you can have intelligent or Smart brake pads.

To create the Smart brake pad a loop of wire is imbedded and when the pad wears down and breaks through the loop a brake light warning is ignited.

This is clearly not Ai nor is it Smart but the person who had the idea was both intelligent and Smart but not the bit of wire.

The question to ask is can Snapdragon unconnected do all that AKIDA technology can do and the answer is no.

However Qualcomm has not only butchered the meaning of Ai like the rest of the industry but they have also redefined the meaning of Snapdragon which was once just a chip to now be a platform which can integrate third party IP.

If they integrate AKIDA IP into the Snapdragon platform then they could actually reclaim the original meaning of Ai for the Snapdragon platform.

Not sure if this is answering the question you wanted answered.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thanks FF, a wealth of polite wisdom as always. TasTroy posted the following on another site and says it is from the latest MB SUV user guide. The operation of the driver camera, assessing facial characteristics and positioning without saving data and withou internet connection seems very advanced. Does anyone here believe Snapdragon can achieve this without AKIDA tech?

1666412980079.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
I assume I am late here but has this been posted? Pierre Baumgartel of Motherson Group shared this post.

Motherson Group claims to be "One of the world’s largest and fastest-growing manufacturers of components for the automotive and transport industries"

1666412813881.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom