BRN Discussion Ongoing

Krustor

Regular
I just have to compliment the two German girls @Bravo and @Sirod69 : the research you've done here over the last few weeks is great!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Someone share this on Facebook, so I have a look. Its looks like their are 3k downloads of the conversion software for cnn2snn🤔 in the last 30 day. Maybe one of our more knowledgeable members can confirm this.

20221012_052230.jpg

Screenshot_20221012-052940_Chrome.jpg

Learning
It's great to be a shareholder 🏖

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

Linley Fall Processor Conference Powered by TechInsights​

Save the Dates: November 1-2, 2022

Registration now open​

TechInsights is pleased to announce that the Linley Fall Processor Conference powered by TechInsights - a Hybrid Event, will be held in Santa Clara, California on November 1-2, 2022. If you cannot attend in person, tune in to our virtual livestream or watch the presentations OnDemand at your convenience.

Presentations will address processors and IP cores for AI applications, embedded, data-center, automotive, and server designs. In-person attendees will be able to hear presentations and interact with the speakers during Q&A, lunch, and the networking reception.

Why Attend​

TechInsights Processor Conferences have been called the highest quality of their kind by previous attendees because they provide a unique opportunity to hear, question, and network with key providers of advanced technology products.

The Conferences analyze products and design strategies in a particular technology segment, providing information that engineers can immediately use to improve their designs. The events feature in-depth technical presentations from our own analysts as well as leading technologists from the industry. This conference is intended for system designers, chip designers, software designers, OEM/ODMs, press, and financial analysts.

1665515604995.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
Someone share this on Facebook, so I have a look. Its looks like their are 3k downloads of the conversion software for cnn2snn🤔 in the last 30 day. Maybe one of our more knowledgeable members can confirm this.

View attachment 18613
View attachment 18614

Learning
These numbers do appear to be correct. They get even further support from the fact that there were 430 downloads yesterday.

The spillway appears to have been opened.

This flood of interest causes one to reflect on the following:

“9.1 The growth of the probability to find ground breaking idea

Yudkowsky (Yudkowsky & Hanson, 2008) suggested that the creation of AI depends not on the availability of hardware, but on appearing of one crucial idea, and that this makes AI unpredictable.”

In 2008 Peter van der Made’s ‘one crucial idea’ was revealed in his foundational patent heralding the AKIDA technology revolution.

The adoption of this ‘one crucial idea’ is now gathering pace and a tipping point is within reach.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 53 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
And these last two posts (Robsmark & Hoppy) are why an investment in Brainchip makes so much sense. It is not tied to one industry or product to the extent that two shareholders can joust about which product they would personally prefer to see come to market first.

Can anyone else nominate an ASX listed company with such universal market coverage?

Such companies are rare as hens teeth.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
If ReRAM is all it seems to be, then WeebitNano may follow suit and earn a ubiquitous label. Look how ubiquitous FLASH memory is today, and FLASH is a poor cousin to ReRAM. ReRAM is faster, cheaper, lasts longer, is radiation and heat resistant, uses less power, and the list goes on.

I see a time in the not too distant future where FLASH is a distant memory and everywhere where FLASH currently is will be either ReRAM or MRAM (with MRAM’s production cost and production difficulty holding it back a little). I’d even like to see ReRAM and MRAM replacing a lot of the SDRAM—maybe relegating SDRAM to a small cache only.

Imagine the world-wide power savings that can be achieved by having all those “always on” systems being able to truly sleep for most of the time and consume absolutely no power, but remain ready to wake in an instant. Maybe even on the impetus of a spike from a certain type of processor in a smart sensor on an edge somewhere.

• Love
Reactions: 25 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

Bridging the digital divide with ultra low cost smartphones​

Arm's Neil Fletcher explores the potential of ultra low cost smartphones to help bridge the digital divide in emerging economies.

Technical capabilities and upgrades​

So, how do these vital experiences translate in terms of technical capabilities and upgrades on ULC smartphones? At Arm, we believe there are five key areas.

Firstly, good multi-touch screens with visibility in bright sunlight. This is most important for education where students are participating in classes, watching videos, and doing assignments directly on their devices. It is likely that a full HD 5.8’’ will be the ‘sweet spot’ for the ULC smartphone screen size.

Beyond size, however, pixel density, screen brightness, contrast and color accuracy, will contribute to the overall viewing experience. For resolution, for example, a target of about 300 ppi seems sensible, as this will provide an appropriate trade-off between the capability of the device, the cost of this feature and the power that it would consume.

Secondly, RAM will also need to increase from 1GB RAM to a minimum of 2GB RAM, coupled with a minimum of 32GB ROM for local storage of education materials, like documents and videos.

The battery is the next critical technical component, particularly because power supply is not always readily accessible. A move to increase the battery capacity from 3000mAh to 4000mAh would again be a potential sweet spot for people in terms of cost and a full day’s untethered experience with no need to charge.

Next, ULC smartphones need a good baseline security to enable and provide the trust for healthcare and financial services. Already the industry has adopted Trusted Execution Environments (TEEs) for biometric payments, Point of Sales (PoS) and digital identity use cases worldwide using Arm TrustZone technology that is inherent to every Arm CPU. In the future, these use cases may also be supported by software vulnerability reduction and security countermeasures, such as branch predictors and pointer authentication.

Finally, to deliver the performance needed for faster app launch speeds and UI fluidity, the processors that ULC smartphones adopt will need to be upgraded. This means moving away from the quad Arm “LITTLE” CPU configuration of low power Arm Cortex-A processors to an Arm “big.LITTLE” CPU configuration that combines lower power, more energy efficient processor cores (LITTLE) with more powerful and performant (big) processor cores. This helps support tasks and workloads with high-processing intensity, such as web browsing or video streaming.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Surely this must be Akida providing the neuromorphic option in silicon via edge impulse connection? Just posted on Twitter and available NOW! @Diogenese ?
Sorry. This is definitely not AKIDA as it is analogue not digital.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 8 users

Andy38

The hope of potential generational wealth is real
Sorry. This is definitely not AKIDA as it is analogue not digital.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Ok thanks for the feedback FF, deleted post in order not to confuse the group.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Surely this must be Akida providing the neuromorphic option in silicon via edge impulse connection? Just posted on Twitter and available NOW! @Diogenese ?
At first glance, along with EdgeImpulse tweeting it, I thought so also. But then I noticed it is analog, so probably not Akida. I hope I am wrong and thatthey are using Akida somehow, but that analog word just gets in the way.

Either way, it is nice to see products coming out that embrace the ideas of what Akida can achieve. I assume PolynTechnologies have a lot of time and effort invested in this, and hence will try to recoup that money, and hence won‘t go digital or Akida. But I also see an avenue for a competitor to do exactly the same with Akida IP—and hence cheaper and with proven hardware they will have a competitive advantage.

I think that may very well be the way going forward. There still is a problem perceiving what Akida can achieve. People are busying themselves on the wrong solutions (as in implementing in software, thn trying to solve the power problem) and this blinkered outlook is preventing them from seeing the bigger picture And using hardware that already exists.

But still, it is nice to see products coming out so the world can embrace Akida’s, in hardware, true SNN and what it can achieve.

In my early years as an Electrical Engineer, and whilst at university, development typically was first done in software and then, after a concept had been proven, it was implemented in hardware.

As computers became more powerful, many solutions remained in software and the term bloatware became a thing. The engineer’s job was to create a solution and get it out there, power wasn‘t a great concern either, so GPUs were taken out of their graphics processing task and used as pure number crunchers.

Converting a software concept to a hardware solution was expensive but always produced a superior product. Dedicated and difficult to change, but usually faster and Really good at it’s task-at-hand.

The world needs a mind-shift to realize that Akida has a hardware (IP) solution and the work CAN be done the other way around. Or at least the conceptualisation can be done in BrainChip supplied simulators and development environments. With transference to hardware being basically at the press of a button.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Quote for the day, from none other than the great Michael Dell.

"I started Dell with $1000 dollars. Now it’s a billion dollar company. Impossible is nothing".

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users
Quote for the day, from none other than the great Michael Dell.

"I started Dell with $1000 dollars. Now it’s a billion dollar company. Impossible is nothing".
While on the impossible. If you open the attached link and scroll through the alphabetically listed companies to M then Me you might be surprised like me to discover that MegaChips is an official supplier to Apple. You might even be further surprised when you scroll across the listing to see that MegaChips USA is one of the supply sites.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: I was surprised because I have not seen any previous link made between Apple and MegaChips.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 86 users

M_C

Founding Member

• Fire

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
These numbers do appear to be correct. They get even further support from the fact that there were 430 downloads yesterday.

The spillway appears to have been opened.

This flood of interest causes one to reflect on the following:

“9.1 The growth of the probability to find ground breaking idea

Yudkowsky (Yudkowsky & Hanson, 2008) suggested that the creation of AI depends not on the availability of hardware, but on appearing of one crucial idea, and that this makes AI unpredictable.”

In 2008 Peter van der Made’s ‘one crucial idea’ was revealed in his foundational patent heralding the AKIDA technology revolution.

The adoption of this ‘one crucial idea’ is now gathering pace and a tipping point is within reach.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thank you FF,

This truly show the adoption of SNN is growing at a fast rate.

Can't wait for future, we shareholders will enjoy 🏝🏖✈

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
Sometimes I surprise myself by making pronouncements I have not the intellect or the resources to make. After all I am just a retired lawyer in the suburbs of Sydney with an iPhone.

Last week I made the statement that we were living in the lucky country and that the Treasurers surprise discovery of an extra $AU50 billion in revenue was no surprise and that I expected at least another $AU50 billion to be found over the coming months.

To my surprise (not really) the Treasurers $AU50 billion has now reportedly grown to $AU123 billion.

In this same report this morning on ABC radio the term economic miracle was again being thrown around to describe Australia.

Still we will all sadly hold our breath here in the economic miracle and wait to hear what the US basket case will do when the next obvious as the nose on your face 1 percent rate rise is imposed by the Fed.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 32 users

robsmark

Regular
Sometimes I surprise myself by making pronouncements I have not the intellect or the resources to make. After all I am just a retired lawyer in the suburbs of Sydney with an iPhone.

Last week I made the statement that we were living in the lucky country and that the Treasurers surprise discovery of an extra $AU50 billion in revenue was no surprise and that I expected at least another $AU50 billion to be found over the coming months.

To my surprise (not really) the Treasurers $AU50 billion has now reportedly grown to $AU123 billion.

In this same report this morning on ABC radio the term economic miracle was again being thrown around to describe Australia.

Still we will all sadly hold our breath here in the economic miracle and wait to hear what the US basket case will do when the next obvious as the nose on your face 1 percent rate rise is imposed by the Fed.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
And yet our markets follow theirs like a blind man attached to a Labrador.

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I don't think you should worry too much about raising interest rates, in the long run, when I was 20 years old, we had 8% interest rates, it was a good time and our economy here in Germany was doing very well, of course the market reacted , albeit essentially on our world affairs

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
While on the impossible. If you open the attached link and scroll through the alphabetically listed companies to M then Me you might be surprised like me to discover that MegaChips is an official supplier to Apple. You might even be further surprised when you scroll across the listing to see that MegaChips USA is one of the supply sites.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: I was surprised because I have not seen any previous link made between Apple and MegaChips.
Blind Freddie asked me to link this article with the above post. When I asked why he said it was obvious:

MegaChips enters US for edge AI chips market

POSTED ON MAY 2, 2022 UPDATED ON MAY 18, 2022

Osaka, Japan-based ASIC provider, MegaChips Corp. (Japan) has announced its entry into the US market. MegaChips is one of the world’s leading custom ASIC providers for consumer, telecom/network, industrial and automotive apps. Headquartered in Japan, it has offices in Silicon Valley and Taiwan. MegaChips is ISO9001 certified and ensures the highest levels of intellectual property security.

douglas.jpg
Douglas Fairbairn.
Right on time!

Looking at the announcement, has Megachips made a late entry into the global edge AI chips market? Douglas Fairbairn, Director of Business Development for MegaChips LSI USA Corp., said: “From our perspective, we’re not late for production, but right on time. There have been a number of companies entering this market from an IP point of view. However, those companies, in general, are still gaining traction and are not yet at the volume production stage, which is where we’re most interested in participating. We see a lot of market potential for volume ahead of us. There are still areas that might be a good early entry point for us to take advantage of beginning in 2022, and ramping up in 2023 and 2024.”

There are already a couple of areas where volume has been attained, such as the data center market, which is dominated by Nvidia and Intel. However, MegaChips is not addressing that market.

So, how is the AI chip industry positioned to address emerging cases for integrated processors, etc.? By integrated processors, things like RISC-V, or ARM, that are being embedded in other chips, or in SoCs. If that’s the case, the AI chip industry is very well positioned to take advantage of that emerging trend, which has been underway for some time.

What people have found is that the existing processors from ARM or RISC-V do not address the power performance requirements of the AI industry. There are some low-end cases that can be handled with software on these embedded processors. In general, people are looking for either accelerators to pair with those processors, or completely new processors, that would replace the embedded processor and AI into a much higher performance functionality.

In this case, MegaChips’ partner, BrainChip, is an example of an accelerator that would be combined with the existing embedded processors. In the case of its other IP partner, Quadric, they could be either used as an accelerator, or even supersede the need for an embedded processor.”

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 50 users
I don't think you should worry too much about raising interest rates, in the long run, when I was 20 years old, we had 8% interest rates, it was a good time and our economy here in Germany was doing very well, of course the market reacted , albeit essentially on our world affairs
I recall buying my first house in 1990 when interest rates were 17%

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Mccabe84

Regular
Normally we get a significant increase in share price before every 4C is due and it hasn’t happened this time yet 🤔

Hopefully there’s decent revenue 🤞

Reactions: 12 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Normally we get a significant increase in share price before every 4C is due and it hasn’t happened this time yet 🤔

Hopefully there’s decent revenue 🤞
We still have 19 days!! $$$$ lets hope for some great news before then! $$$$ 🤞🤞🤞:cool:

• Fire
Top Bottom