BRN Discussion Ongoing

wilzy123

Founding Member
But i didnt knew that synsense seems to win at BMW. So i thought this could be new.

To be clear, the article states clearly that synsense tech will be utilised by BMW for vision (event) based applications only, and that they may consider it for other use cases. This is a very narrow adoption of synsense that has been confirmed thus far. For instance, BMW have since announced that they are adopting Amazon Alexa Neural AI processor (AZ2) for in-cabin voice processing (https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-152704). Why did they not adopt synsense for the same purpose I wonder? What is behind the remarkable efficiency gains reported by Amazon about their latest release of Alexa I wonder?

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

robsmark

Regular
When I hear of robot arms I can‘t stop thinking of the use Howard (Big Bang Theory) tried to put one to. A little self love. Walking into the emergency department, still attached, was very funny.

View attachment 17724
Excellent use case for Akida.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Hi,
haven't read the forum for quite a while so i hope this article is new to you. I think its worth a read.

https://www.eetimes.eu/cars-that-think-like-you/

My main reads from the article:

1. Synsense and BMW will start to implement neuromorphic stuff in the next coming months. (So BRN shouldnt be far behind with Mercedes maybe?)

BMW will explore neuromorphic technology for car applications, including driver-attention and passenger-behavior monitoring with the Speck module, and the partners will “explore additional applications both inside and outside the vehicle in coming months,” Muir said.

2. And Jerome Nadel mentions that BRN have a potential of all the sensors in the car. In a 2022 car it is 70! I think this is a great number.

Just read it by yourself. Mixed feelings but the weekend is ahead so stay positive.
Hi @Jannemann and @wilzy123
My take on SynSense and BMW is it is not a done deal.

The fine print involved is about a trial not a finalised deal to implement:

“To begin with, we will explore non-safety-critical use cases,” Muir said. “We are planning future versions of Speck with higher resolution, as well as revisions of our DynapCNN vision processor that will interface with high-resolution sensors. We plan that these future technologies will support advanced automotive applications such as autonomous driving, emergency braking, etc.”

Exploring use cases is a long way from a done deal. I have looked at other documents last week including on SynSense website and cannot find anything to support a stronger view.

At the AGM CEO Sean Hehir made clear that the pretenders will fall by the wayside when exposed to the full glare of AKIDA technology advancements and Prophesee’s adoption of AKIDA this year is a living example of what will take place overtime.”

Remember the words of Chris Stevens when moving from Syntiant to Brainchip to take up his position a VP of Global Sales:
“I have tracked BrainChip’s progress closely, as I’ve been selling into the same edge AI market. I am thrilled to take this sales leadership role with confidence as AkidaTM is uniquely superior and positioned to be the de facto standard for edge AI semiconductor IP”, said Stevens. “With use-case, market, and customer targeting, I’m certain I will contribute to further ecosystem penetration and accelerated sales”.

Bosch and Valeo supply to all the major European automotive so I personally do not see the adoption of AKIDA by Mercedes as an impediment to BMW doing the same once they realise that just like Sol did all those years ago “oils an’t oils”.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

Dang Son

Regular
Hi @Dang Son
Some time back @Diogenese climbed out from his barrel and ascended to the podium and read from the ancient Engineering tablets .
Much of what he spoke was unintelligible to myself and the assembled being in the language of ancient Engineer.

What I did takeaway was that Quadric and Brainchip are not competitors as far as MegaChips is concerned and they will look to deploy Quadric solutions where power use and connectivity are yet to be a customer issue. Think here Supermarket intelligent self serve scanners.

Brainchip will be offered by MegaChip as the solution when power and connectivity are real issues think robotics, automotive and as of today wifi communications systems.

My opinion only so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi FF
Thanks for your great reasoning again as always.
Given Quadrics fit for power hungry network connected terminal aplications that's not to say they couldn't also benefit significantly from power saving speed and edge learning with the addition of Akida SNN.
Imo worth the price of a chip to have backup in the event of connection outages.
Cheers DS

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
An ongoing thank you to all the wonderful posters who continue to work tirelessly in their search for clues to bigger and better things for Brainchip. Others continue to reassure the anxious and reminds us of all the positives that have already taken place.
The humour is a bonus.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Cheers and thank you
Boab.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 52 users

Dallas

Regular

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

cassip

Regular
Have a good weekend, Boab, you too

Dallas

Regular
Enjoy reading and have a nice weekend 🤠🍻🍻

Reactions: 11 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 46 users

Zedjack33

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 22 users

Baisyet

Regular
  • Fire

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Mugen74

Regular
Great table cloth.
Well that just confirms it for me,the share price is being manipulated for sure. Look at that table cloth its f...ing immaculate and the price only rises 0.005c WTF

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 25 users

Thanks for that Sirod.

It’s great watching the demonstrations again.

Although I think secretly Rob just wanted to show off his tablecloth to put Tablecloth Gate” to bed once and for all!

Straight up black and white, no gold or leds required: crisp and no nonsense.

I‘ve heard you can tell a lot about a man by his tablecloth!

Have a good weekend everyone.

:)

Edit: just got to others posts about the tablecloth: thought I was being original and funny. Not funny if you’re the 3rd or 4th person to tell the same joke, sorry about that!

I’ll add in that Robs given FF a nod to the cardigan too: ahead of his time In the fashion as well!

:)

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Cardpro

Regular
When I hear of robot arms I can‘t stop thinking of the use Howard (Big Bang Theory) tried to put one to. A little self love. Walking into the emergency department, still attached, was very funny.

View attachment 17724
Akida will help him :)

• Haha

MDhere

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

MDhere

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

cosors

👀
Hello to all the German friends and happy Oktoberfest. How is everything in Germany at the moment?

Was wandering if anyone has the chance to test drive the new Mercedes vehicles?

On another thought are people allowed to test vehicles on the Autobarn no limits?

regards,
Eq
Thank you and best regards back!
As has already been noted, here you can still drive infinitely fast even if that is often not possible. Nevertheless, there are these Autobahnen and there you can shoot. All you have to do is look for this sign (it cancels all restrictions):
1664551308314.png

But close to 300Km/h was my personal record so far. The road shrinks to a tube or tunnel. Somewhat like that you should only do if everything is free and best on Sunday there then no trucks may drive, only with permission.
However. For your entertainment one of the funniest and most sympathetic guys I know from the magazine grip. I celebrate the guy. Is a car over the top then it is just right for him. The funny thing about this series wolf in sheep's clothing ("Wölfe im Schafspelz") is that he goes out on the Autobahn with an unassuming vehicle and pranks braggarts. But see for yourself. I fast-forwarded to the funniest part. But the whole video and others from the series are also good (s. link a.). The important thing is that the driver must know what he is doing, be in control of the car and be able to take responsibility.

I think we're going to take the M5 (Hurricane RS Touring) out on the highway now, aren't we?

For that you need the German Autobahn, he says:

both ~370Km/h V-max

Have a nice weekend!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users
Thank you and best regards back!
As has already been noted, here you can still drive infinitely fast even if that is often not possible. Nevertheless, there are these Autobahnen and there you can shoot. All you have to do is look for this sign (it cancels all restrictions):
View attachment 17741

But close to 300Km/h was my personal record so far. The road shrinks to a tube or tunnel. Somewhat like that you should only do if everything is free and best on Sunday there then no trucks may drive, only with permission.
However. For your entertainment one of the funniest and most sympathetic guys I know from the magazine grip. I celebrate the guy. Is a car over the top then it is just right for him. The funny thing about this series wolf in sheep's clothing ("Wölfe im Schafspelz") is that he goes out on the Autobahn with an unassuming vehicle and pranks braggarts. But see for yourself. I fast-forwarded to the funniest part. But the whole video and others from the series are also good (s. link a.). The important thing is that the driver must know what he is doing, be in control of the car and be able to take responsibility.

I think we're going to take the M5 (Hurricane RS Touring) out on the highway now, aren't we?

For that you need the German Autobahn, he says:

both ~370Km/h V-max

Have a nice weekend!

“Tschüß!” 🏎💨 😂

• Fire
Top Bottom