BRN Discussion Ongoing

Another recent SiFive article as they move into the auto space.

Hopefully get a look in here as well

Unfortunately though, we don't get a mention with their other ecosystem partners end of the article...must be a reverse NDA :ROFLMAO:

SEPTEMBER 16, 2022 BY JEAN-LUC AUFRANC (CNXSOFT) - 1 COMMENTON

SIFIVE UNVEILS AUTOMOTIVE E6-A, X280-A, AND S7-A RISC-V PROCESSORS
SiFive unveils Automotive E6-A, X280-A, and S7-A RISC-V processors

RISC-V is coming to your car too, with the introduction of SiFive Automotive E6-A, X280-A, and S7-A RISC-V processors designed for automotive applications such as infotainment, cockpit, connectivity, ADAS, and electrification.

Those are built on the existing SiFive Essential 6-series E6 32-bit real-time cores, SiFive Intelligence X280 64-bit RISC-V processor with AI extensions, and SiFive S7 64-bit real-time cores (equivalent to Cortex-R7/R8), but adds safety, security, and performance required by the automotive market such as ASIL compliance.

SiFive Automotive RISC V processor

Each new core targets specific applications within a vehicle:

The SiFive E6-A series will be found in system control boards, hardware security modules (HSMs) and safety islands, as well as standalone in microcontrollers.

The SiFive S7-A 64-bit real-time core is said to be suited to the needs of SoCs with performant safety islands, requiring both low latency interrupt support and the same 64-bit memory space as the main application CPUs.

The SiFive X280-A will be used for sensor fusion, and other vector or machine learning intensive workloads in automotive applications.

The SiFive Automotive processor family will offer a range of integrity levels like ASIL B, ASIL D, or mixed criticalities with split-lock, in line with ISO26262. SiFive Automotive products will also include WorldGuard security solutions and be compliant with cybersecurity standards such as WP.29, R155, and ISO21434.

SiFive says its solutions stand out in at least three areas, namely lowest area and power consumption which can be especially important in electric cars, higher level of flexibility since the cores can be optimized for specific requirements, and “industry-leading performance” with the X280-A, which will certainly not deliver the same level of CPU performance as an Arm Cortex-A78AE automotive core, but SiFive highlights the machine learning (ML) performance in this specific case. This may change as we are told a “very-high performance, out-of-order, application CPU with best-in-class performance and automotive capabilities” will be added to SiFive portfolio in 2023.

Electronics will take a larger and larger part of the bill-of-materials (BoM) of a car over time, and Daniel Newman, Principal Analyst for Futurum Research, claims chips are expected to represent over 20% of the BoM for cars by the end of the decade. Several automotive parts/service suppliers and tool vendors are on-board with SiFive Automotive RISC-V cores including Ashling (RiscFree toolchain), Cadence, Canonical, Elektrobit, Green Hills, IAR Systems, iSystem AG, Lauterbach, Renesas, Resiltech, Segger, Siemens, Solid Sands, Synopsys, SYSGO, TASKING, and WITTENSTEIN.

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Hey @Tothemoon24, it's your profile pic which is the one that @KMuzza spotted in a news article about the DART mission. Check out the screen saver behind the guy in the grey T-shirt.

You don't happen to work at Tidbinbilla Station with NASA do you? Mum's the word. I won't tell anyone if you do. 🤫

View attachment 17659
It’s a publicly available poster/gif. Don’t read too much into it.

It is of no real consequence that someone else has it as a background for their computer.

Funny astronaut with beer Poster Print on metal by Synthwave 1950

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Particle physics is above my pay grade, but fascinating. I remember the original Pons and Fleischmann flash in the pan for cold fusion which turned out to be a fizzer.

One thing* which caught my attention was the graphite tile lining (6 minute mark), because I have TLG shares - not that they'll have much to spare after servicing the EV market.

The stellarator is like a 3D magnetic mobius strip.

Certainly fusion would be preferable to fusion, if they can get it to work.

* Phew! That was lucky. I originally wrote "One think which caught my attention ..." and wouldn't @Bravo have given me whacko-the-diddle-oh then!
But you still have one “fusion” too many. :)

Reactions: 2 users

Diogenese

Top 20
But you still have one “fusion” too many. :)
Shhhh! Don't tell @Bravo!!!

I was suffering from confusion.

Now I'm fishin for an answer.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

cosors

👀
As offended as all the bankers, lawyers and accountants may be their love of money is going to see them all watch the Rob Telson presentation because it has toy trains, drones and beer and is probably the most concise confidence building presentation on why we are now all wearing brown cardigans and drinking fine brandy by the fire even in the tropics.

Thank you @JK200SX for sharing this must watch video link.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I have only a fraction of your knowledge. For me the facial recognition on device is the monopoly. 😅 Every time I read the word I think of the game. Seems to be correct though.

Reactions: 3 users
D

Deleted member 118

Everyone’s portfolio today

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
Everyone’s portfolio today

We just need to change our perspective. We make up places to the top! We are on the way 🤟🔥 :p
Screenshot_2022-09-29-21-30-31-37_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

You wankers - really not WANCAs - don't even get a single one of my shares, no not even part of one "."

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
D

Deleted member 118

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Well looks like Brainchip is no longer revolutionary, high risk, cutting edge:

“While the demise of Moore’s Law has been somewhat circumvented by accelerated computing/domain-specific computing,
it’s still a tricky balance between flexibility in the computing architecture and per- formance, especially for quickly evolving workloads like AI.

Taking our cue from the most efficient computer ever known — the human brain — and using the results of millions of years of evolution as a starting point feels like a safe bet. ■

Sally Ward-Foxton is editor-in-chief of EE Times Weekend”

Feeling let down I enjoyed being invested in an outlier shunned by the WANCA’s and now with a few key strokes Brainchip’s technology has become a safe bet. 😞🤡

WHY DID SALLY HAVE TO PUBLISH THIS AT A TIME OF GLOBAL TURMOIL. WE WILL NOW HAVE THOUSANDS OF BORING SAFE HARBOUR INVESTORS TRYING TO BUY BRNASX.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
And now she has gone and done it again, this time in a dedicated article in case people missed it buried in that other article.

Cars that think like you

As well as advertising it on Twitter.

1664484830814.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 60 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

JK200SX

Regular
Ok, this has got me confused.

The top 20 shareholders list as per last announcement on 1AUG22 is:
View attachment 15431

On the MSN Money website, it shows Brainchip ownership by Mutual Fund:

View attachment 15426

And also ownership of Brainchip shares by Institutions:

View attachment 15427

I'm not sure how current the data is on the MSN website, but these 2 lists are totally different to that shown on the Top 20 Shareholders list. Would anyone have any suggestions as to what insight the lists from the MSN website give us?

(I presume all these other entities hold BRN shares, which is good!)

One month has passed since I posted on institutional and mutual fund ownership.
Looking at the snapshot from last month to now, fund ownership has increased by 0.18% from 11.12% to 11.3% ownership.
That is roughly an increase of 3.1 million shares in one month!

1664488120414.png

• Fire
Reactions: 44 users

MDhere

Regular
What super hero do you think he is, and why.....:)
View attachment 17591

Find this video, using the link below:

(Navigate through to the Edge AI & Vision Alliance Playlist)

View attachment 17590
Thanks Jk for the link. only just got to see it and I'm excited at the bright future which BRAINCHIP is pathing the way!

And i quote -
5:32 to 5:48
"This is what gets us excited about the future of AI on the device and eventually you're going to see all this technology get designed into the chip or into the sensors HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of devices out there so these are good times for Brainchip"

This is what gets my excited everyday too. Well done Brainchip and to the companies that are joining forces to their future with Brainchip too. 👍👍👍👍

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

equanimous

One month has passed since I posted on institutional and mutual fund ownership.
Looking at the snapshot from last month to now, fund ownership has increased by 0.18% from 11.12% to 11.3% ownership.
That is roughly an increase of 3.1 million shares in one month!

View attachment 17681
Smart money accumalating. Blackrock and Vanguard are behemoths

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

ceej

Thanks Jk for the link. only just got to see it and I'm excited at the bright future which BRAINCHIP is pathing the way!

And i quote -
5:32 to 5:48
"This is what gets us excited about the future of AI on the device and eventually you're going to see all this technology get designed into the chip or into the sensors HUNDREDS AND MILLIONS of devices out there so these are good times for Brainchip"

This is what gets my excited everyday too. Well done Brainchip and to the companies that are joining forces to their future with Brainchip too. 👍👍👍👍
Thx MDhere. Agreed. At the risk of being a pedant I think/hope he says hundreds OF millions. Which is much much better. 🤞

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

equanimous

Reactions: 14 users
Nothing for Nine Months is not a Factually Correct Statement:

From the half yearly report:

“Revenues for the half-year ended 30 June 2022 of $4,831,081 increased 529% from $767,545 in the same period a year ago. The increase in revenue is a result of the partnership with MegaChips and predominantly comprised licensing revenues of Akida 1000 recognised in the current period”

From the additional information required by the ASX after the announced MegaChips IP licence agreement.

“In addition to the upfront license fee, Brainchip has the ability to generate additional revenue under the agreement (which is not yet quantifiable) from:

• royalties on the sale of products to MegaChips’ customers (following the design and manufacture of the Akida technology into the customer’s products) calculated as a percentage of the net sales price of such products (with the percentage dependent on the volume of products sold);

• license fees for application specific product developments;

• project fees for proof of concept development projects with MegaChip’s customers
for specific custom networks; and

• fees for support services and licensing of software associated with the Akida IP.

The remaining terms of the agreement are subject to strict confidentiality provisions as between Brainchip and MegaChips.
Brainchip anticipates that it will recognize aggregate revenue of approximately US$2 million under the agreement over the current financial year and the financial year ending 31 December 2022 and expects to recognize additional revenue from the license fee and additional revenue opportunities noted above in subsequent financial years”

Acting CEO Peter van der Made regarding the MegaChips IP licence agreement made the point that the market did not understand the significance and the statement that nothing has happened for nine months proves he was correct.

There is no other way to view the half yearly statement than that MegaChips are finding commercial traction and success with AKIDA IP in “specific product” offerings ahead of expectations.

The ARM partnership is also another development which the market does not understand.

The SiFive partnership is apparently also not understood.

The problem with individuals venting their frustrations here arises when the individuals make statements inconsistent with the facts and in so doing mislead the even less well researched or newer investor.

The first time one was able to invest in Brainchip on the ASX was 2015.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 84 users

MDhere

Regular
Thx MDhere. Agreed. At the risk of being a pedant I think/hope he says hundreds OF millions. Which is much much better. 🤞
Your right its HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS. 👍 thanks to zeebits edit button ive updated it and that's hundreds OF millions way better. crikey im a hundred of MILLIONS more excited

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

JK200SX

Regular
Your right its HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS. 👍 thanks to zeebits edit button ive updated it and that's hundreds OF millions way better. crikey im a hundred of MILLIONS more excited

(In case anyone is wondering, Zeebit is Zeebot's mini me :) )

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Well not sure how many have been following what has been happening in the UK but I bet the Conservatives wish they still had Boris as leader.

The PM Liz Truss on regional UK radio all but refused to guarantee UK pensions and this has had a similar effect on market confidence around the globe as a Putin tactical nuclear strike on Ukraine.

While the UK PM’s statement does not in any way reflect on the stability of the Australian economy her failure to make a clear statement that peoples pensions were safe is an economic nightmare.

So it might be a reasonable time to look away or check down the side of the couch for some additional funds depending on your risk profile and plan.

Fortunately we are looking to buy a new lounge and my wife is not as upset as she might have been about my use of the Stanley knife.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users
Top Bottom