BRN Discussion Ongoing

McHale

Regular
Dow 24,750 Nasdaq 9,200 S&P 3,100

Still a way to go yet over the next 12 months.... we live in extremely uncertain times.

Hope my crystal ball is way off.

Absolutely nothing to do with Brainchip or its technology present or future... we really have no control over how things will play out.

Purely on open opinion, it's absolutely ok to totally disagree.

Tech x
S&P500 - 3,500 mid Decemberish to Jan, local low. Then the bounce.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
IMO as a guess & I won't be right on all of them, but maybe as a far fetched hypothetical scenario...

1) The brokerage company for the shorted shares may put a call out at anytime for them to be returned,​
-The amount of shorts in play vs the amount on the sell side would push the price up as they buy back.​
2) Shorter may need to start buying to cover their shorts, again not enough on the sell side which would push the price up as they buy back
3) An announcement may drop at anytime which would push the price up, as shorter buy back and complete with genuine buyers.​
4) If the brokerage company of the shorted shares has an idea (before the market knowns) there may not be good news they may want to cash out (before it tanked), see point 1)....which would push the price up temporally. in this case and very unlikely they all would need to pay at a premium, as the price rises genuine buyers might jump in thinking good news is coming out and also driving the price higher.

My point is from my observation with only good news for us on the horizon point 4) is unlikely, there is no room left for the shorters to all bale out at the same time in an orderly fashion without been screwed, all at the same time!
-worst case as an investor I lose 100% of my investment (I know what I can afford to lose and to gain)
-worst case as a shorter right now, they lose everything, the wife, the dog, the house, you name it!!! ... as the owner of shorted shares I would be applying point 1) ASAP
....with more and more of us here holding firm....unless they can print share they can kiss their wives good bye now! :ROFLMAO:

1663920089916.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Wellllll, thanks shortee's. After weeks of waiting around at 86 and a half cents, you've finally huffed and puffed it down and fulfilled my top up. 🤣
Now, be good chaps and proceed to push it back up. I'm ready now. 🤣

Not sure what Nanna needs for Egypt, but around $1.75 or better will do me nicely for Roma next March. Thank you me dears.🤣

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Getupthere

Regular
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Earlyrelease

Regular
IMO as a guess & I won't be right on all of them, but maybe as a far fetched hypothetical scenario...

1) The brokerage company for the shorted shares may put a call out at anytime for them to be returned,​
-The amount of shorts in play vs the amount on the sell side would push the price up as they buy back.​
2) Shorter may need to start buying to cover their shorts, again not enough on the sell side which would push the price up as they buy back
3) An announcement may drop at anytime which would push the price up, as shorter buy back and complete with genuine buyers.​
4) If the brokerage company of the shorted shares has an idea (before the market knowns) there may not be good news they may want to cash out (before it tanked), see point 1)....which would push the price up temporally. in this case and very unlikely they all would need to pay at a premium, as the price rises genuine buyers might jump in thinking good news is coming out and also driving the price higher.

My point is from my observation with only good news for us on the horizon point 4) is unlikely, there is no room left for the shorters to all bale out at the same time in an orderly fashion without been screwed, all at the same time!
-worst case as an investor I lose 100% of my investment (I know what I can afford to lose and to gain)
-worst case as a shorter right now, they lose everything, the wife, the dog, the house, you name it!!! ... as the owner of shorted shares I would be applying point 1) ASAP
....with more and more of us here holding firm....unless they can print share they can kiss their wives good bye now! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 17219
Aaron.
Shit I didn’t realise you could lose your wife shorting.
How do you short again…..

33years on and I would still not find a better half if I tried let alone find anybody who could put up with me. Have a great weekend all.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Yes for Brainchip, just look at the past trend, no news leads us to drop hard...

Whilst I do think current management is doing amazing (forming partnerships, raising the required capital when the share price was pumped) and hope that Brainchip will one day become ARM/SiFive of Edge AI (especially given the market is growing exponentially), the share price did drop all the way to 4 - 5 cent at one stage but bounced back with multiple news...

Still a bad card player.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
WELL ONLY 5 MORE TRADING DAYS FOR THIS FINANCIAL QUARTER- and how many shorts still outstanding-😳
i think Gordon Ramsay would say more than - “OH DEAR !”

AKIDA BALLISTA UBQTS.
Alas the only fear is that the 'lumpyness' of BRN revenue may create a drop in this report compared the last....
The 'Oh Dear!' may not be on the shorters foot if one isnt prepared for it.
Im hoping the Patents (2) we are expecting deliver some energy to attract more buyers.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Dow 24,750 Nasdaq 9,200 S&P 3,100

Still a way to go yet over the next 12 months.... we live in extremely uncertain times.

Hope my crystal ball is way off.

Absolutely nothing to do with Brainchip or its technology present or future... we really have no control over how things will play out.

Purely on open opinion, it's absolutely ok to totally disagree.

Tech x
Gee tech. Where did those predictions come from ?

Bit off your usual positivity. What’s up Bro?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users
that the brand had the capacity to produce cars with a driving range of more than 1000km.
It's a bit like being the first on the Moon isn't it..

Once it's been accomplished, you're left with the..
"Well we could do that too, if we wanted to" ers..

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

chapman89

Founding Member
A refresher of Sean’s comments regarding revenue uptake back in the interview with Strawman-

Quote Seans answer
"Remember when i talked
building up to 100 people or so this year, we think at that point we actually at a pretty good size scale and were are going to say after that the revenue growth will start to outgrow the expense growth pretty
rapidly, thats the model that were going to start to see in leverage"

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 44 users
I continue to be amazed by the blinkered thinking of some who engage on the share market.

So for those who cannot see beyond what is directly in front of them I will suggest that they move their gaze slightly to the right and in doing so they will see that Westpac, ANZ, NAB and the Commonwealth Bank are all falling in the face of the global conditions.

Then I suggest they move their gaze this time to the left and they will see an ASX listed technology company AXE. In August last year it was trading at over $2.50 and today it is trading at 78.5 cents.

This fall in the AXE price of course makes no sense because as we know the failure to make ASX announcements is the cause of Brainchips price action but in AXE’s case they have made eight ASX announcements during August and September so far.

So for those wearing blinkers I have decided to share the following from an American investor friend of mine who I swap notes with which just might open their eyes to a set of global circumstances bigger than Brainchip being the cause of the current market volatility to the down side:

“The news just keeps getting worse and worse. Sorry to hear about your other large holding.

I can’t believe that nobody in Russia has put a bullet in Puto’s head to save at least the 300k of canon fodder and possibly many more if he does something really stupid and upsets Sleepy Joe Biden and our Generals who all have an itchy trigger finger when it comes to Puto (not necessarily Russia and it’s people). In fact, in much of the news I’ve been reading here lately, the overall level of patience with Puto and Xi amongst our government is running thin and I would not be surprised if we were to see some sort of skirmish that hopefully remains very contained. But troops, aircraft carriers and other large pieces of metal are being put into motion so things are definitely escalating. I hope the other two countries come to their senses and realize when enough is enough. If the US weren’t so damn passive all the time, a lot of this would not be happening. Who knows, maybe it has to come to a head to ultimately be resolved.

That 75bps raise was totally expected but good ole Jerome Powell is once again behind the curve and as you noted below he seems to have already decided we need to go much higher without even waiting to see what the first few hikes will do, despite very obvious slowing economic data here. He put the death blow on housing already which is one of our largest sectors. Most analysts firmly believe he will put us into a recession because of his reliance on lagging economic indicators. He needs to go. He has killed my portfolio this year.”

Now I personally might be overreacting to the importance of the matters mentioned by my friend in the States because my son and his family live in London and Puto and his Generals have been threatening to nuke London and Berlin and of course as we all know this is just the empty threat of a narcissistic dictator whose previous job was with the KGB which I understand was an organisation dedicated to protecting civil rights and freedom of speech and promoting the rule of law- (irony being employed).

See:https://www.britannica.com/topic/KGB
“ Foreign intelligence allowed the Soviet Union to maintain rough parity with the West in nuclear weapons and other weapons systems. Inside the country, however, the role of the KGB was baleful. Scholars disagree about the human cost of the KGB and its predecessors, but many estimate that they were responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of people.”

I am afraid to say that if I hear one more time that the present declining share price is a result of Brainchip not making a price sensitive announcement I will consider that it is either an attempt at some sort of humour or that the poster is seeking to support the activities of shorters and trader manipulators.

The entire world is under enormous political and economic pressure not seen since the Cuban missile crisis.

Take off the blinkers.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 92 users

Proga

Regular
It's ok for me this is not a big newspaper or magazine either.
He mentions that a look at the second row is worthwhile. Still, the hook is the BCG ranking then comes the question and the winner is? Then comes Moderna with rank 7 and then the supposed winner. That's what I meant by journalistic freedom.
But I'm used to TSE dissecting everything and breaking it down into its component parts. Only if it holds up is it sorted. I don't want to harp on that either. It's fine for me.
On a day like this when we once again break through support and test others again I don't want to complain any more. I am happy about every fan of Brainchip and enthusiasm is clearly part of a rapid ubiquitous conquest of the world.
The bottom line @cosors is that we were on the list. BRN has come a long way in the last 12-24 months in getting out there into the market which is what we all want. Build up the brand recognition and revenue shall follow. We all know the tech is solid.

Reactions: 10 users

Proga

Regular
I continue to be amazed by the blinkered thinking of some who engage on the share market.

So for those who cannot see beyond what is directly in front of them I will suggest that they move their gaze slightly to the right and in doing so they will see that Westpac, ANZ, NAB and the Commonwealth Bank are all falling in the face of the global conditions.

Then I suggest they move their gaze this time to the left and they will see an ASX listed technology company AXE. In August last year it was trading at over $2.50 and today it is trading at 78.5 cents.

This fall in the AXE price of course makes no sense because as we know the failure to make ASX announcements is the cause of Brainchips price action but in AXE’s case they have made eight ASX announcements during August and September so far.

So for those wearing blinkers I have decided to share the following from an American investor friend of mine who I swap notes with which just might open their eyes to a set of global circumstances bigger than Brainchip being the cause of the current market volatility to the down side:

“The news just keeps getting worse and worse. Sorry to hear about your other large holding.

I can’t believe that nobody in Russia has put a bullet in Puto’s head to save at least the 300k of canon fodder and possibly many more if he does something really stupid and upsets Sleepy Joe Biden and our Generals who all have an itchy trigger finger when it comes to Puto (not necessarily Russia and it’s people). In fact, in much of the news I’ve been reading here lately, the overall level of patience with Puto and Xi amongst our government is running thin and I would not be surprised if we were to see some sort of skirmish that hopefully remains very contained. But troops, aircraft carriers and other large pieces of metal are being put into motion so things are definitely escalating. I hope the other two countries come to their senses and realize when enough is enough. If the US weren’t so damn passive all the time, a lot of this would not be happening. Who knows, maybe it has to come to a head to ultimately be resolved.

That 75bps raise was totally expected but good ole Jerome Powell is once again behind the curve and as you noted below he seems to have already decided we need to go much higher without even waiting to see what the first few hikes will do, despite very obvious slowing economic data here. He put the death blow on housing already which is one of our largest sectors. Most analysts firmly believe he will put us into a recession because of his reliance on lagging economic indicators. He needs to go. He has killed my portfolio this year.”

Now I personally might be overreacting to the importance of the matters mentioned by my friend in the States because my son and his family live in London and Puto and his Generals have been threatening to nuke London and Berlin and of course as we all know this is just the empty threat of a narcissistic dictator whose previous job was with the KGB which I understand was an organisation dedicated to protecting civil rights and freedom of speech and promoting the rule of law- (irony being employed).

“ Foreign intelligence allowed the Soviet Union to maintain rough parity with the West in nuclear weapons and other weapons systems. Inside the country, however, the role of the KGB was baleful. Scholars disagree about the human cost of the KGB and its predecessors, but many estimate that they were responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of people.”

I am afraid to say that if I hear one more time that the present declining share price is a result of Brainchip not making a price sensitive announcement I will consider that it is either an attempt at some sort of humour or that the poster is seeking to support the activities of shorters and trader manipulators.

The entire world is under enormous political and economic pressure not seen since the Cuban missile crisis.

Take off the blinkers.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
:ROFLMAO: I just smile, move on and go back to watching Bloomberg TV for the latest :D

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Proga

Regular

Take off the blinkers.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
The big question tonight is Global Risk-Rout Intensifying? Discussing best place to hide

Futures down 1%. On the improve. Europe down 2%

Reactions: 1 users

VictorG

Take off the blinkers.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Spot on FF.
Looks like Iran is on the verge of falling to the people. Security forces are starting to fight each other.
I think the world will look very different in a few months time. It's best BRN keeps its gun powder dry because no amount of announcements will be heard through the noise.
Interesting times indeed!

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

TechGirl

Founding Member

Take off the blinkers.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

I agree with you FF

I think most people on here understand that the world is in an extremely fragile shaky financial place right now which is obviously causing the majority of markets and stocks down, none of this is BrainChip’s fault.

BrainChip also can’t help the fact that all or most of our customers want to keep us a secret to gain a competitive edge.

BrainChip also can’t help the fact that products take time to develop.

BrainChip will deliver in time and the hardest thing we all have to do in the meantime is wait patiently.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users

robsmark

Regular

Take off the blinkers.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
While I agree with everything you have said about the current economic climate and trigger happy reserve bankers, I‘m also sympathetic to the people you are calling out. Before I comment, I want to be clear that it is not my intention to get into an argument here, and want this conversation to remain civil.

Brainchip started its commercialisation journey about two years ago now, with Renesis being the first to sign a contrat. A year went past, until Megachips jumped on board. Since then there has been nothing. Whilst I understand that there has been plenty of chatter and strong connections made on here, I think it’s fair to say that most investors (myself included), expected more. The false start here is undeniable, and to argue against this is delusional. Brainchip have the product, the team, they’ve had the time, but have yet to show the spoils. Why? Well that I cannot answer. I personally expected many more commercial announcements this year, and I know from reading HC in 2021 that many others here did too.

- I completely believe that Akida is groundbreaking in its field - we’ve all seen the demos, the articles, the papers…
- I have met PVDM and the team, and think they are an incredibly dedicated team of professionals.
- The rebranding this year and improvement of presentations is an undeniable improvement.
- Putins war has triggered massive economic decline across multiple sectors.
- Inflation from COVID has further hindered the markets.

I strongly believe in all of the above and continue to buy shares. Why? Because I believe what we have here is special. That being said, a year with no official news, at this point in the companies commercialisation phase does not look good.

I hold onto the fact that NDAs are preventing us learning the real story and extent of commercial interest, just as plenty of others do too, but this way of thinking is finite. Sooner or later you have to show your hand and reveal either revenue, or contracts.

I think it’s understandable and justifiable that people attribute the company silence with the declining SP. Whether or not that is true, we will never know.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
While I agree with everything you have said about the current economic climate and trigger happy reserve bankers, I‘m also sympathetic to the people you are calling out. Before I comment, I want to be clear that it is not my intention to get into an argument here, and want this conversation to remain civil.

Brainchip started its commercialisation journey about two years ago now, with Renesis being the first to sign a contrat. A year went past, until Megachips jumped on board. Since then there has been nothing. Whilst I understand that there has been plenty of chatter and strong connections made on here, I think it’s fair to say that most investors (myself included), expected more. The false start here is undeniable, and to argue against this is delusional. Brainchip have the product, the team, they’ve had the time, but have yet to show the spoils. Why? Well that I cannot answer. I personally expected many more commercial announcements this year, and I know from reading HC in 2021 that many others here did too.

- I completely believe that Akida is groundbreaking in its field - we’ve all seen the demos, the articles, the papers…
- I have met PVDM and the team, and think they are an incredibly dedicated team of professionals.
- The rebranding this year and improvement of presentations is an undeniable improvement.
- Putins war has triggered massive economic decline across multiple sectors.
- Inflation from COVID has further hindered the markets.

I strongly believe in all of the above and continue to buy shares. Why? Because I believe what we have here is special. That being said, a year with no official news, at this point in the companies commercialisation phase does not look good.

I hold onto the fact that NDAs are preventing us learning the real story and extent of commercial interest, just as plenty of others do too, but this way of thinking is finite. Sooner or later you have to show your hand, either in revenue, or contracts.

I think it’s understandable and justifiable that people attribute the company silence with the declining SP. Whether or not that is true, we will never know.

2 years ago BRN started their commercialization journey. Ever since then its been COVID, CHIP SHORTAGES, WAR and all sorts of BS going on around the World. Everyone is struggling to fill spots in jobs and move forward. Id say you need to expect less and you wont be disappointed. Realize there are bigger issues, Worldwide at play here which cause all sorts of delays/problems for a startup like BRN.

Also.. BRN isn't the only company SP which has dropped off. XERO - $150 to $76, TESLA - $361 to $277, SQUARE - $255USD to $55USD, NVIDIA - $329USD to $124USD. To name a few

These are only some big players... who have had their SP smashed.

BRN went up on Mercedes Hype.. if you bought in last year at 38c, you would have doubled your money right now. Which is still pretty amazing tbh.

From the start of the commercialization phase, this is a 10 - 15 year hold at a minimum. (For me anyway)

imo

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

Krustor

Regular
2 years ago BRN started their commercialization journey. Ever since then its been COVID, CHIP SHORTAGES, WAR and all sorts of BS going on around the World. Everyone is struggling to fill spots in jobs and move forward. Id say you need to expect less and you wont be disappointed. Realize there are bigger issues, Worldwide at play here which cause all sorts of delays/problems for a startup like BRN.

Also.. BRN isn't the only company SP which has dropped off. XERO - $150 to $76, TESLA - $361 to $277, SQUARE - $255USD to $55USD, NVIDIA - $329USD to $124USD. To name a few

These are only some big players... who have had their SP smashed.

BRN went up on Mercedes Hype.. if you bought in last year at 38c, you would have doubled your money right now. Which is still pretty amazing tbh.

From the start of the commercialization phase, this is a 10 - 15 year hold at a minimum.
Tell this anyone who bought right at / after the Merc hype...

Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom