BRN Discussion Ongoing

alwaysgreen

Top 20
We need to see a bit of a turnaround in the price if we are going to maintain position in the ASX200. Our market cap is starting to slip and we are currently at position 207.

Reactions: 9 users

db1969oz

Regular
We need to see a bit of a turnaround in the price if we are going to maintain position in the ASX200. Our market cap is starting to slip and we are currently at position 207.
No doubt the shorters are aiming for this in the current attack.

Reactions: 6 users
The price manipulation is so frustrating.

We need to compare to another growth stock for perspective though.

View attachment 16958

Tesla went from $407 then 4 months later down to $265. Back up to $361 a month later. Down to $265 2 months later and it now sits at around $300 3 months later.

Growth stocks are roller coasters unfortunately and not for those with weak stomachs.
I have said it before and no doubt most are sick to death of me saying DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH and HAVE A PLAN.

To be a successful retail investor you have to satisfy your own level of confidence based upon your own personal circumstances and ability to deal with risk. The only way to do this is by doing your own research as the price on the ASX does not tell you anything at all about a company.

On Friday last an event occurred with respect to another share traded on the ASX. This event logically added a quantifiable value of more than $100 million dollars to a company with a market cap of around $46 million dollars and cash reserves around $20 million less operating expenses since last report. Any normal person in the street would expect that this event would cause an appreciation in the price of the share. Well that normal person would be completely wrong WHEN IT COMES TO THE ASX OR THE SHAREMARKET.

Warren Buffet is fond of saying that it is time in the market that counts well one thing time in the market does do is educate investors to the fact that the market never ever reflects true value.

The following is an extract from the announcement so you can check what I am telling you and not as a recommendation for this share it is a speculative early stage biotechnology company but if you were selling your late parents house and the agent told you that the market price was $46 million dollars your might be quite happy. Then while packing up to get ready for auction you found a safe behind a picture you did not know existed. Upon getting it open you found it contained over $100 million in cash. The normal human reaction I suspect would be to consider that you were lucky you found it before you sold the house otherwise you would have sold something worth over $146 million for a third of its value. Well not apparently on the ASX.

Only your research can tell you what a company is worth looking at the price on the ASX on any given day, week or year is completely misleading in my opinion. RAD makes this perfectly clear. It was trading today at the same price it was before the announcement on Friday:

"Radiopharm Theranostics (ASX:RAD, “Radiopharm” or the “Company”), a developer of a world-class platform of radiopharmaceutical products for both diagnostic and therapeutic uses, is pleased to announce that the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Rare Pediatric Disease (RPD) Designation for its DUNP19 technology for the treatment of osteosarcoma. The RPD program is aimed at advancing development of drugs with the potential to treat serious, rare paediatric diseases. RPD allows companies to receive a priority review voucher (PRV) from the FDA at the time a marketing authorization is granted. A PRV can be used by the Company to expedite approval, or can be transferred/sold to other companies for use in the same manner. The price of two recent examples of PRVs sales have ranged from US$105 million1 to US$110 million2 ."

Did free money change RAD's price? The answer is there on the ASX for all to see.

Price of Brainchip shares as the Chairperson said will do what it will do but having done my research what it does on any given day is completely irrelevant to the fundamental true value of the company and my investment plan.

My opinion only so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
My olfactory opinion only.

Ak pm.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users
I think we will get that turn around, don't sweat it AG 😉

We are in the midst of a massive short attack and the share price has barely moved 😛

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
My olfactory opinion only.

View attachment 16962
When Rob Telson randomly likes something on social media it is given significance by some. What significance do I give to the fact that Rob Telson for months was talking about the issues with Alexa needing connection to respond and more recently avoiding using Alexa as an example???

My no opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
I agree FF but I just want to make easy money really really fast.
Save up and buy the latest generation commercial colour photocopier and high quality linen paper then.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 20 users

Bravo

giphy.gif

Mercedes Level 3 Self-Driving Is Way Better Than Tesla FSD​

Sep. 16, 2022 3:01 PM ET by Sebastian Cenizo Technology 11 Comments

The German automaker is insisting on fail-safes to minimize risks.

When it comes to so-called self-driving systems, Tesla has been in the news often. In June, the automaker seemed to be returning to radar-based semi-autonomous driving technology, but a couple of months later, Tesla decided that using a camera-based system would be best, despite the obvious benefits of LiDAR and radar technology. Is Tesla onto something here?
According to Mercedes-Benz, the answer is no. The German automaker feels that conditionally automated driving, otherwise known as Level 3 semi-autonomous driving, should have numerous fail-safes built in to enable "safe control of all situations that could potentially arise." Indeed, if a camera-based "self-driving" system fails, you'll feel much safer if there is a backup system of some sort.

1038600.jpg

1038129.jpg

1038127.jpg

To maximize safety in cars with Level 3 tech, Mercedes has incorporated redundant architecture encompassing the braking system, steering, power supply, and some sensors for environment recognition and handling. Mercedes specifically draws attention to aspects of the sensor system that are "mutually collaborative." Unlike Tesla, which uses only cameras, Mercedes Drive Pilot uses optical, ultrasound, and radio wave technology to detect obstacles. With radar, camera, and LiDAR systems aboard, plus ultrasound, moisture sensors, and even microphones, the Mercedes system is better able to evaluate the road ahead no matter the conditions. With more than 30 sensors working at all times, Mercedes is able to ensure safety even if something fails.

1038128.jpg
Mercedes-Benz
Save

1038132.jpg

In addition to providing a fail-safe in the event of a sensor failure, the additional components can make up for each other's shortcomings. Mercedes chief technology officer Markus Schafer explains why the automaker is cramming so much tech into Drive Pilot-equipped vehicles:
"We are convinced that redundancy is the right approach for Level 3 automated driving and beyond. When it comes to sensors, we also see the use of LiDAR alongside radar and cameras as particularly indispensable. We can compensate for the situation-dependent deficits of one sensor with the characteristics of another. Relying on just one type of sensor would not meet Mercedes-Benz's high safety standard."
Drive Pilot has been available in the Mercedes-Benz S-Class and EQS since 17 May 2021 in Europe, making the automaker the first worldwide to receive internationally valid system approval for Level 3 driving, but the pre-installation of the brand's Intelligent Park Pilot is already taking things further so that fully automated driverless parking under Level 4 tech will be possible.

1038134.jpg
Mercedes-Benz
Save
As things stand, the Level 3 system controls speed and distance and keeps the vehicle in its own lane. When the conditions allow for it, the car can drive itself in traffic at speeds of up to 37 mph. Should one of the primary systems fail, Drive Pilot recognizes the issue and will "facilitate a safe handover of control to the driver." If the driver can't take control because of a medical emergency, for example, a safe emergency stop maneuver is initiated "that does not pose a risk to traffic following behind."
While there are sure to be some who are willing to risk trusting a system with no backups or fail-safes in place, we think Mercedes is setting an example that all should follow, Tesla included. Perhaps that's why Mercedes is the only brand willing to accept blame for an incident while Drive Pilot is active and why it's paving the way for Level 3 autonomy in US legislature.

1038131.jpg
Mercedes-Benz

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 52 users

db1969oz

Regular
Save up and buy the latest generation commercial colour photocopier and high quality linen paper then.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
That just may work these days! With the lack of paper money transactions these days, youngsters wouldn’t pick up counterfeit notes.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
I think we will get that turn around, don't sweat it AG 😉

We are in the midst of a massive short attack and the share price has barely moved 😛
I bloody love the positivity! 👊

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

hotty4040

Regular

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Providing of course FF, that one ( prints counterfeit money " Responsibly " at all times ) checks for finger print / DNA evidence, and erases all of the said contaminated notes. Mmmm, might do some investigative research on this subject matter, whilst waiting for BRN to start printing some cash for me and the missus to enjoy, before it's too late eventuating.

Akida Ballista >>>> The snn printing press is being enabled ;) <<<< Isn't it ??

hotty...

IMOO

and DYOR always...... and often

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Hi Rise

I see holders highlighting the "Akida" inclusion but my takeaway is underlined below.

The question for me is around the new generation MBUX. It hasn't been referred to as the new MB.OS which is what they've been calling it for the next iteration.

Semantics maybe I guess or is there a chance this falls under an updated version of MBUX which I think @Bravo had spotted coming out in some latest 2022 models?

The other point is around the "black tech" which would no doubt encompass MBs cutting edge design of the EQXX but suspect Akida falls into the same category....to be applied to the next gen EVs.

Now if MB themselves would kindly put out some wording to that effect pls :LOL:

IMG_20220919_115829.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

DJM263

LTH - 2015
The price manipulation is so frustrating.

We need to compare to another growth stock for perspective though.

View attachment 16958

Tesla went from $407 then 4 months later down to $265. Back up to $361 a month later. Down to $265 2 months later and it now sits at around $300 3 months later.

Growth stocks are roller coasters unfortunately and not for those with weak stomachs.

We are nearly 40% there!! at +454% in the last 5 years... d;^)

1663560766685.png

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Bravo

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
Just a reminder that the world in a rather erratic fashion is holding its collective breath waiting for either a .75 or 1 percent rise being slammed down on the US Economy by the Fed this week.

A very quick tour of the Aussie financial rags together with a jump in short positions not just on BRN promotes the idea, in my mind only, that the manipulators are working at convincing retail that last weeks collapse did not fully value in the coming rate rise.

To my mind the tactics seem completely transparent. If I am correct this week will be a drag on the conviction of many retail investors with clean air being found by mid next week.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

Wags

Regular
Just a reminder that the world in a rather erratic fashion is holding its collective breath waiting for either a .75 or 1 percent rise being slammed down on the US Economy by the Fed this week.

A very quick tour of the Aussie financial rags together with a jump in short positions not just on BRN promotes the idea, in my mind only, that the manipulators are working convincing retail that last weeks collapse did not fully value in the coming rate rise.

To my mind the tactics seem completely transparent. If I am correct this week will be a drag on the conviction of many retail investors with clean air being found by mid next week.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
In my mind, it's TOP UP TIME.
Not advice, just my thoughts and my own actions.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users

VictorG

A very quick tour of the Aussie financial rags together with a jump in short positions not just on BRN promotes the idea, in my mind only, that the manipulators are working at convincing retail that last weeks collapse did not fully value in the coming rate rise.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
100% spot on and then some!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Shadow59

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
From a late 2021 paper.

Note this was written prior to the EQXX at CES however captures the essence of what MB and AVs need to strive for.

2 of the authors part of BMW.

4.2.1 Voice-Based Interaction
Voice–user interface (VUI) can drastically reduce driver distraction by allowing the driver to interact with the vehicle without taking the eyes-off-the-road or hands-off-the-wheel and reducing the visual cognitive load. Voice assistants are more commonly implemented for OEMs such as BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant with the “Hey, BMW!” prompt,[ 175 ] Daimler's MBUX voice assistant,[ 176 ] and also integration of third-party assistants such as Amazon Alexa and Apple CarPlay. The digital voice assistant (VA) needs to understand the commands provided in a naturalistic way without relying on predefined key words that require prior training for the users. In-vehicle functions such as infotainment, climate control, communication such as making calls or sending texts, vehicle status (such as fuel left) and even providing assistance outside the car by syncing with other voice assistants.[ 175 ] Navigation is one of the most used VUI tasks wherein drivers can request navigation directions on the go, without typing-in to a touchscreen console and looking at a display route in safety critical driving conditions.[ 177 ]

Recent studies have shown that neuromorphic technologies enable energy efficient edge computing possible by using a thousand times less power than a traditional GPU.[ 301, 302 ] For instance, spiking neural networks (SNNs) running on an embedded neuromorphic hardware have been used to recognize voice commands 0.2 s faster than a GPU alternative while consuming much less power.[ 301 ] Low-powered edge computing devices implemented on NVidia Jetson TX1 module have been shown to support most AV functionalities while consuming as less as 11 W of power in comparison to high powered GPUs that consume around 300 W.[ 289 ]

Similar to neuromorphic computing devices, low-powered and neural-like sensing devices have also emerged to tackle the data processing and energy requirement problems. Although it is promising to consider the entire vehicle interior covered with large-area flexible tactile sensing e-skin, the information processing of a large amount of data emerging from the distributed tactile sensing has remained a challenge.[ 303 ] Similarly, powering such large area tactile sensors can also be a constraint for future battery electric vehicles. There has been research for distributed local processing of tactile data performed in situ to release the computational load from the central processing compute units. For instance, a novel hardware-implementable neural network based on neural nanowire field effect transistors (v-NWFETs) has been proposed for distributed local tactile neuromorphic processing mimicking a human skin.[ 304 ] Essentially, the possibility of printing nanowires[ 305 ] shows potential to fabricate large area, conformable tactile sensors capable of local distributed computations to be covered on curved surfaces.[ 39 ]

Research toward novel energy management systems, high compute hardware with low energy consumption, and low-powered or self-powered sensing devices are necessary for energy-efficient AVs.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Cardpro

Regular
View attachment 16963

Mercedes Level 3 Self-Driving Is Way Better Than Tesla FSD​

Sep. 16, 2022 3:01 PM ET by Sebastian Cenizo Technology 11 Comments

The German automaker is insisting on fail-safes to minimize risks.

When it comes to so-called self-driving systems, Tesla has been in the news often. In June, the automaker seemed to be returning to radar-based semi-autonomous driving technology, but a couple of months later, Tesla decided that using a camera-based system would be best, despite the obvious benefits of LiDAR and radar technology. Is Tesla onto something here?
According to Mercedes-Benz, the answer is no. The German automaker feels that conditionally automated driving, otherwise known as Level 3 semi-autonomous driving, should have numerous fail-safes built in to enable "safe control of all situations that could potentially arise." Indeed, if a camera-based "self-driving" system fails, you'll feel much safer if there is a backup system of some sort.

1038600.jpg

1038129.jpg

1038127.jpg

To maximize safety in cars with Level 3 tech, Mercedes has incorporated redundant architecture encompassing the braking system, steering, power supply, and some sensors for environment recognition and handling. Mercedes specifically draws attention to aspects of the sensor system that are "mutually collaborative." Unlike Tesla, which uses only cameras, Mercedes Drive Pilot uses optical, ultrasound, and radio wave technology to detect obstacles. With radar, camera, and LiDAR systems aboard, plus ultrasound, moisture sensors, and even microphones, the Mercedes system is better able to evaluate the road ahead no matter the conditions. With more than 30 sensors working at all times, Mercedes is able to ensure safety even if something fails.

1038128.jpg
Mercedes-Benz
Save

1038132.jpg

In addition to providing a fail-safe in the event of a sensor failure, the additional components can make up for each other's shortcomings. Mercedes chief technology officer Markus Schafer explains why the automaker is cramming so much tech into Drive Pilot-equipped vehicles:
"We are convinced that redundancy is the right approach for Level 3 automated driving and beyond. When it comes to sensors, we also see the use of LiDAR alongside radar and cameras as particularly indispensable. We can compensate for the situation-dependent deficits of one sensor with the characteristics of another. Relying on just one type of sensor would not meet Mercedes-Benz's high safety standard."
Drive Pilot has been available in the Mercedes-Benz S-Class and EQS since 17 May 2021 in Europe, making the automaker the first worldwide to receive internationally valid system approval for Level 3 driving, but the pre-installation of the brand's Intelligent Park Pilot is already taking things further so that fully automated driverless parking under Level 4 tech will be possible.

1038134.jpg
Mercedes-Benz
Save
As things stand, the Level 3 system controls speed and distance and keeps the vehicle in its own lane. When the conditions allow for it, the car can drive itself in traffic at speeds of up to 37 mph. Should one of the primary systems fail, Drive Pilot recognizes the issue and will "facilitate a safe handover of control to the driver." If the driver can't take control because of a medical emergency, for example, a safe emergency stop maneuver is initiated "that does not pose a risk to traffic following behind."
While there are sure to be some who are willing to risk trusting a system with no backups or fail-safes in place, we think Mercedes is setting an example that all should follow, Tesla included. Perhaps that's why Mercedes is the only brand willing to accept blame for an incident while Drive Pilot is active and why it's paving the way for Level 3 autonomy in US legislature.

1038131.jpg
Mercedes-Benz
I think its is referring to the scala gen 2 which I believe we are not involved 😞😓

Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom