BRN Discussion Ongoing

Hi SG,

My understanding is that the performance of VHS/Beta is that they were in the same ball park.

8-bit floating point will not come close to the performance of Akida. It will necessitate MAC operations which would be several times slower and more power hungry than Akida before taking into account Akida's N-of-M coding. So, where battery power is concerned, Akida is orders of magnitude ahead. Where power and time are not critical, the inferior 8-bit FP may be a substitute, but it will be slower and more power hungry and possibly only marginally more accurate, but 8-bit FP has significant inaccuracies itself.

The human nervous system does not use 8 bits, it uses spikes ... and the stronger spikes which carry the bulk of the information are processed first. The loss of accuracy by ignoring the later spikes in N-of-M coding is not really significant.
I love to watch you post.😎

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users
Hi SG,

My understanding is that the performance of VHS/Beta is that they were in the same ball park.

8-bit floating point will not come close to the performance of Akida. It will necessitate MAC operations which would be several times slower and more power hungry than Akida before taking into account Akida's N-of-M coding. So, where battery power is concerned, Akida is orders of magnitude ahead. Where power and time are not critical, the inferior 8-bit FP may be a substitute, but it will be slower and more power hungry and possibly only marginally more accurate, but 8-bit FP has significant inaccuracies itself.

The human nervous system does not use 8 bits, it uses spikes ... and the stronger spikes which carry the bulk of the information are processed first. The loss of accuracy by ignoring the later spikes in N-of-M coding is not really significant.

Thanks @Diogenese,

I’m hopeful, (fingers and toes crossed) that what you said equals an earlier retirement.

I will really only need/want a $10 share price by 2030 ($6 will do by 2025 to be honest) so I’d like to think I’ll have that covered. Any earlier will be much appreciated!

:)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Thanks @Diogenese,

I’m hopeful, (fingers and toes crossed) that what you said equals an earlier retirement.

I will really only need/want a $10 share price by 2030 ($6 will do by 2025 to be honest) so I’d like to think I’ll have that covered. Any earlier will be much appreciated!

$10 by end of 2023!!! :cool::cool:🍾🍾

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 37 users
I love to watch you post.😎

I feel privileged to have the luxury of both you @Fact Finder and @Diogenese contributing to this forum.

It makes for a better (smarter) community to have you both posting; to which I am grateful!

Edit: Don’t mind sharing the Love. I’m onto my second beer and I’m a bit of a lightweight.

Not as glamorous as Slade’s tropical photo’s but here’s how I do it!

1663489172551.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 50 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
I feel privileged to have the luxury of both you @Fact Finder and @Diogenese contributing to this forum.

It makes for a better (smarter) community to have you both posting; to which I am grateful!

Edit: Don’t mind sharing the Love. I’m onto my second beer and I’m a bit of a lightweight.

View attachment 16905
Looks like a great Mancave :cool: ... Cheers SG ..🍻

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

MDhere

Regular
It's 8 am and my wife wants to know why I am grabbing one of my finest wines :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Tea it is then!! :cool:
No just tell her that that Tata Daewoo video is worth opening that wine, prob i dare say its empty now 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Slade

Top 20

View attachment 16905
I love it! Coopers is a great drop. I can never remember whether it’s the red label or green label that I like best.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Zedjack33

Regular
I love it! Coopers is a great drop. I can never remember whether it’s the red label or green label that I like best.
Green for me.

Attachments

• 22057A04-EB47-4AB5-B8AC-2DB9A11C66A2.jpeg
    22057A04-EB47-4AB5-B8AC-2DB9A11C66A2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
No just tell her that that Tata Daewoo video is worth opening that wine, prob i dare say its empty now 🤣
Emptying as we speak ... :ROFLMAO::cool:🍷🍷🍷

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Zedjack33

Regular
6000 km trip and just arrived back to home base.

10km out of returning home and cleaned up a roo. After such a decent trip and so close to home. 😖. We are fine, car is not.

I don’t think Akida could have helped, but I would at least like it on my side.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users
6000 km trip and just arrived back to home base.

10km out of returning home and cleaned up a roo. After such a decent trip and so close to home. 😖. We are fine, car is not.

I don’t think Akida could have helped, but I would at least like it on my side.

I probably won’t be able to afford it when it first comes out but I can’t wait until Valeo’s Scala 3 LiDAR with all the software comes out. It will see the roo 200m out in the vines surrounding us and determine it’s trajectory and slow or brake to avoid it!

Our property is surrounded by Roos so it is a real problem for us. A pair were living on our land and every night I would have to drive past them to get to my garage (we have 100m driveway) so I would have to have my eyes peeled arriving home in the dark in case they got spooked and ran into me (which they do)!

My daughter was driving home from work, first day on her P’s a few years ago. In our street, saw 2 cross in front of her and thought “Isn‘t that cute”. The 3rd landed on her bonnet! No damage to the front at all. It just landed on her bonnet and then hopped away! Wrote the car off!

The Valeo system as they show in their presentation will help all of that!

It’ll save lives!

Can’t wait... can’t wait for Akida to be part of it!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 26 users
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 51 users

Proga

Regular
I probably won’t be able to afford it when it first comes out but I can’t wait until Valeo’s Scala 3 LiDAR with all the software comes out. It will see the roo 200m out in the vines surrounding us and determine it’s trajectory and slow or brake to avoid it!

Our property is surrounded by Roos so it is a real problem for us. A pair were living on our land and every night I would have to drive past them to get to my garage (we have 100m driveway) so I would have to have my eyes peeled arriving home in the dark in case they got spooked and ran into me (which they do)!

My daughter was driving home from work, first day on her P’s a few years ago. In our street, saw 2 cross in front of her and thought “Isn‘t that cute”. The 3rd landed on her bonnet! No damage to the front at all. It just landed on her bonnet and then hopped away! Wrote the car off!

The Valeo system as they show in their presentation will help all of that!

It’ll save lives!

Can’t wait... can’t wait for Akida to be part of it!

Not sure SG. No way Akida can predict the erratic behaviour of a roo and too dangerous to slam on the brakes every time it sees one off to the side.

Love the man cave

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Not sure SG. No way Akida can predict the erratic behaviour of a roo and too dangerous to slam on the brakes every time it sees one off to the side.

No. Agreed Roo‘s are eratic. I’ve had them hopping along parallel to me only to jump in front 2 seconds later, luckily I was going slow and avoided them. Emu’s are just as bad!

They could though calculate the trajectory (in the dark etc) and slow the vehicle if needed. That’s my hope as the road from my work to my home is littered with dead Roos!

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users
Wouldn't Honda or Valeo have to pay a licence fee for those 100 vehicles produced last year?

"By partnering with BrainChip, MegaChips is able to quickly and easily maintain its industry innovator status by supplying solutions and applications that leverage the Akida revolutionary technology in markets such as automotive, IoT, cameras, gaming and industrial robotics."

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode

View attachment 16905

Nice one SG.

Anyone else now have the GoT theme song running on repeat in their head? :)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Thanks @Diogenese,

Hey SG, we've got shareholders on here mentioning 10x, 20x Microsoft and so on, and then you say $10 by 2030.

My opinion is if Brainchip becomes the global gamechanger it is very much capable of, then $10 will happen far earlier than 2030.

However, I am very envious of your way of thinking. By having the 'global gamechanger' belief in the back of mind and possibly yours too, and then thinking $10 by 2030, is one unbelievably patient person.

I'd definitely love to still be a BRN shareholder by 2030, but thinking $10 by then would definitely test my level patience.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular

View attachment 16905
That's a great man cave. It looks like a few of us here have great taste in beer... It's purple for me and then the red if I run out of purple, but the green is great too😝
👍
DSC_0421.JPG

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom