BRN Discussion Ongoing

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent

This looks like genuine competition
I don't think they are there yet.

Next steps include improving architectures and circuits and scaling the design to more advanced technology nodes. Researchers also plan to tackle other applications, such as spiking neural networks.

• Fire
Reactions: 25 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
Screenshot_20220818-103140_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

VictorG

I'm no tech head but I cant see NeuRRam being in the same century as Akida much less the same market. my understanding is it uses convolution processing (analogue to digital). they are yet to tackle spiking architecture and their power saving is like 30 to 40 times less efficient than Akida. Furthermore the chip achieved 87% accuracy on image classification - imagine using it in self driving cars, it would make Tesla look good.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users

uiux

Regular

Looks like a good chip

Gert Cauwenberghs was a member of the scientific advisory board at one stage and had positive things to say about BrainChip technology.

Screenshot_20220818-114232.png

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

Slade

Top 20
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

uiux

Regular
Reactions: 7 users

uiux

Regular
There exists a video of Jeff Krichmar, Gert Cauwenbergs and Nicholas Spitzer talking up Brainchip

Maybe the really long long termers remember it and can source it?

Reactions: 4 users

Slade

Top 20
There exists a video of Jeff Krichmar, Gert Cauwenbergs and Nicholas Spitzer talking up Brainchip

They compliment BrainChip while secretly working on developing their own neuromorphic chip to compete with Akida. Have I got this right?

uiux

Regular
They compliment BrainChip while secretly working on developing their own neuromorphic chip to compete with Akida. Have I got this right?

Secretly? No

You can read Gerts published works and patents publicly for most of his career

Maybe you don't understand that they were on the scientific advisory board BECAUSE they are experts in the field

Reactions: 10 users

Rskiff

Regular

This one?

• Fire

uiux

Regular
  • Fire

Slade

Top 20
Secretly? No

You can read Gerts published works and patents publicly for most of his career

Maybe you don't understand that they were on the scientific advisory board BECAUSE they are experts in the field
Funny because today is the first day that I have read about the development of the NeuRRAM chip. When did you first hear about it?

What do you mean by maybe I don’t understand that they were on the scientific advisory board BECAUSE they are experts in the field?

Reactions: 3 users

uiux

Regular
Funny because today is the first day that I have read about the development of the NeuRRAM chip. When did you first hear about it?

What do you mean by maybe I don’t understand that they were on the scientific advisory board BECAUSE they are experts in the field?

I've been following Gerts work for 5 years or so, sure the chip is news, but the underlying innovations have been trickling out for ages

• Fire

Slade

Top 20
I've been following Gerts work for 5 years or so, sure the chip is news, but the underlying innovations have been trickling out for ages

So the chip was kept a secret. Interesting.

uiux

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

VictorG

Am I missing something here!!
Why is NueRram a good chip and how does it compare to Akida?

Reactions: 5 users

Slade

Top 20
Sure if that's how you want to internalise it
Maybe you don’t understand that in order to gain market advantage, companies developing new technology like to keep things SECRETIVE.

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

uiux

Regular
Maybe you don’t understand that in order to gain market advantage, companies developing new technology like to keep things secretive.

Maybe I understand it and think the notion of Peter van der Made being so careless as to let his IP slip away from him is ridiculous

Further, the patent for this "new" chip is listed in Gerts scholar profile from 2021, so it's not "new" or "secret"

Secondly, the innovations seem radically different - you are assuming stolen IP when the two innovations aren't close

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Slade

Top 20
Maybe I understand it and think the notion of Peter van der Made being so careless as to let his IP slip away from him is ridiculous

Further, the patent for this "new" chip is listed in Gerts scholar profile from 2021, so it's not "new" or "secret"

Secondly, the innovations seem radically different - you are assuming stolen IP when the two innovations aren't close
Please don’t put words in my mouth. I asked a question and never made a statement. If you don’t know the answer that’s fine. Today is the first we have heard of this chip that to many of us sounds very similar to Akida. You tell us that one of the developers was on BrainChip’s scientific board. The question that I asked is reasonable. The guy goes from our scientific board and later is part of a team that releases a neuromorphic chip. Unlike Akida, which we knew about for years before it was developed, this chip seems to have come out of the blue. With all your research you didn’t even know it was being developed.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom