BRN Discussion Ongoing

I have been a be pre-occupied lately so I may have missed some posts lately but Rob Telson liked this.

View attachment 14280

Obviously it’s a long bow to draw as there’s no guarantees every company Rob likes is a customer however Drones are an obvious target for Brainchip. Fingers crossed!

:)
A company like Dronesheild, would definitely be dealing with BrainChip, or at least seeing how they could disrupt a drone using our IP.

They have no choice.

Their technology, is dependent on being able to disable drones.

Fully autonomous drones, powered by something like AKIDA, would probably be practically invulnerable, to their current tech.

They are in danger, of being made obsolete, to all but "public" drones (for airport control/safety etc).
And their big contracts are military (my impression).

It's probably Rob, giving them the heads up of..
"Better check out what we're enabling Sunshine 😉"..

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
This company shoots down drones. 😆 You did say "Drones are an obvious target for BrainChip". Very Clever!
View attachment 14281
I prefer this image: :)

1660651058137.png

There’s a couple of use cases:

1660652571684.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
A company like Dronesheild, would definitely be dealing with BrainChip, or at least seeing how they could disrupt a drone using our IP.

They have no choice.

Their technology, is dependent on being able to disable drones.

Fully autonomous drones, powered by something like AKIDA, would be practically invulnerable, to their current tech.

They are in danger, of being made obsolete, to all but "public" drones.
And their big contracts are military (my impression).

I agree, this looks like a likely partnership opportunity. Obviously only dot joining but well worth a look:

1660651363214.png

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Potato

Regular
'minimal power'... A.K.I.D.A.....
Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 8.07.38 pm.png

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Perhaps

Regular
Usually I don't care that much about the SP, as I'm looking forward to 2024/25. But... August 12th -26th is the reference period for the next rebalancing. Actually we're down in the range to 215. So I hope for some green days coming, would be a shame to miss the ASX200 requirements.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Proga

Regular
Usually I don't care that much about the SP, as I'm looking forward to 2024/25. But... August 12th -26th is the reference period for the next rebalancing. Actually we're down in the range to 215. So I hope for some green days coming, would be a shame to miss the ASX200 requirements.
BRN has only just entered the ASX200 which they allow for and it isn't solely based on MC. Last thing they want is companies on the borderline yo-yoing in and out of indices because they don't want the turmoil of managed funds having to constantly readjust their fund portfolios anymore than they need to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
BRN has only just entered the ASX200 which they allow for and it isn't solely based on MC. Last thing they want is companies on the borderline yo-yoing in and out of indices because they don't want the turmoil of managed funds having to constantly readjust their fund portfolios anymore than they need to.
As someone noted previously, Z1P is still in the ASX200, despite being in 300 and something position (last I heard)..

Reactions: 8 users

dippY22

Regular
Hi Tech, thanks or the update but I have a concern re Simon Thorpe's response seen as he isn't involved with directly with Brainchip(SAB) and that is this from him ""I’ve got a few collaborations going that are exploring using off the shelf hardware (Mac M1 or M2 chips, or Nvidia chips) for doing what I call Terabrain simulations - billions of neurons and trillions of connections. The key is have have ultra sparse activity and ultra sparse connectivity using exclusively 1 bit connections. Very fast, very cheap, and very low power."
How does this benefit the company when the likes of Mr Thorpe is out developing potential competition? Am I seeing too far into this? thanks
Dear Rskiff,

I think we all share such concerns about this issue as it relates to potential competition whether from within or without.

As I'm sure you know, the entire tech field, university researchers turned entrepreneurs, the industrial / military complex and everyone else plus their mother's (figuratively speaking) are seeking to go where Brainchip has gone, and achieve what Brainchip has achieved.

Brainchip can be looked at as being in a very competitive race with perhaps a momentary lead but with a formidible group of racers right behind trying to overtake. This is why Brainchip management must keep the proverbial pedal to the metal and neither underestimate the competition nor overestimate their early mover front runner status, sort of like the concept of illusory superiority in social psychology.

That anyone may turn out to be a possible competitor should not surprise you, me or any other Brainchip stockholder. It is the way of the world with all things business related. You may be concerned or worried about such things which is okay. I am, too. But it's all part of doing our due diligence and staying abreast of the neuromorphic processing tech industry, including competition, that many of the "1,000 eyes" do so well, and for which we are all grateful.

Whenever we purchase something including stocks, especially stocks, caveat emptor is always good advice for us all. Regards, dippY

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

jtardif999

Regular
This is an interesting paper. Does not name BRN or AKIDA but when read you will see why partnering with ARM Cortex M4 is so very exciting:

A Brief Review of Deep Neural Network Implementations for ARM Cortex-M Processor

....System-On-Chip (SoC) devices are an attractive solution that, in addition to high processing capabilities, includes multiple peripheral devices that can be very helpful for the sophisticated requirements of deep-learning applications. Examples of manufacturers that develop AI integrated circuits for edge computing are Samsung, Texas Instruments, Qualcomm, and STM. Some of their recent products are briefly presented below.......

5. Conclusions
Deep learning and deep neural networks are emerging as promising solutions for solving complex problems. Solving complex problems requires high computational capabilities and memory resources, so are traditionally designed to run on a large computer system around specialized hardware. However, recent research shows that simple applications can benefit from the deep learning paradigm and their edge computing implementation as well. Edge computing is the solution to many real-world problems that need to be solved soon. For instance, the automotive industry is using and developing prototypes using state-of-the-art hardware and software solutions for autonomous driving. Once these prototypes prove their ability to solve problems, the systems will have to run on real-world cars. At that stage, cost is necessary to be competitive in the market, and, using high performance computing solutions, the cost is high. The edge computing paradigm must be prepared with efficient and low-cost solutions while meeting specific requirements such as functional safety. In this work, we provide a summary of what edge computing means in the context of low-cost/low-power applications. Here, the ARM Cortex-M processor represents one of the best possible candidates. More specifically, we summarize deep neural network implementations using ARM Cortex-M core-based microcontrollers. From the software perspective, the STM32Cube.AI support package, made available by STMicroelectronics for its 32-bit microcontroller series, represents one of the best freely available tools. Implementing deep neural networks on embedded devices, such as microcontrollers, is a difficult task. This is mainly due to the computation and memory footprint constrains. For this reason, it is observed that developers are forced to customize existing architectures or even develop from scratch innovative models that better suit embedded processors. Optimization techniques such as quantization, pruning, and distillation are constantly evolving to achieve higher performance, and they are enabling developers to introduce state-of-the-art models of increasing complexity to the embedded domain. Ultimately, using an optimized hardware combined with optimized deep neural network architectures leads to maximum energy efficient systems. Electronics 2022, 11, 2545 19 of 21 Future work proposes to extend the study to a wider family of ARM cores, including, for example, deep learning applications running on Cortex-A type processors or even specialized Arm Ethos-N series processors for machine learning

https://www.mdpi.com/2079-9292/11/16/2545/pdf?version=1660467458
Hi @Sirod69, yes I was also alerted to this very interesting paper.. and when considering Cortex M4 + Akida is now pretty firmly ARMs first choice Edge AI. The following found me:

The paper gives a range of stats for the ARM Cortex M4 being used with various technology for edge applications.

It does not mention Brainchip or Akida because they were working from published papers but they make two very significant points:

1. ARM Cortex M4 is the most popular processor for MCU edge applications.

2. The next step due to the present limitations is to combine Ai with the ARM Cortex M4 for MCU edge applications.

It seems to me also that the paper describes examples of edge applications developed using Von Neumann architecture highlighting just how difficult and limiting the quite narrow use cases are and the problems faced trying to achieve edge success with inferior hardware that which is so elegantly achieved using Akida.

Cheers,
Jt

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Stephano Cetola, Director of Technical Programs for RISC-V International, returns to bring Doc Searls and Jonathan Bennett up to speed on the many new developments in and around RISC-V's radically open and promising CPU architecture.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

cosors

👀
I’ll see what happens the next few days and maybe buy in on Friday, as fridays tend to be not a good day for BrN shares
I don't begrudge you a bad Friday 😂

Reactions: 3 users
D

Deleted member 118

Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
Think I’ll put an order in for 99.5
I don't wish you any success with it.) But I'm actually itching to buy too. It's like a fire that I have to nurture. If I put nothing after it can not blaze. Even if I had actually filled my pot and when lid down I see almost only BRN with graphene. But I'm also a collector. I can never have enough. Since November I have never felt such peace with a stock. Yak has also contributed to this. It's strange but that's the way it is for me. Would be nice if he would give updates again. On the one hand the collective insights into the technology and on the other hand the sober look at the mechanisms of the big game. But patience with me. I am currently learning in the bars here very much important for my life. How I have survived so far without Vegemite is a mystery to me 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
It's the same old story Xhosa..

Shareholders can be like children, pestering their parents
"Are we there yet?"
"Are we there yet?"
"Are we there yet?"..

Whatever the parents say, they will be asking again, in 5 minutes time.

The Company is busting its balls, to make BrainChip successful, while the shareholders, sit on their asses and complain.

But look at any company forum and you will find the same thing.

People need to grow up.

News will come, when news is available.

We will get there.
Enjoy the journey, instead of just thinking about the destination...

It's the old "I have become uncomfortable and impatient, therefore the company must immediately fulfil its role of soothing me" :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Dallas

Regular
Beim Design des Prozessors müssen die Entwickler des Halbleiterherstellers Microchip Technology auch berücksichtigen, dass Strom im Weltraum knapp ist. Deshalb müssen sie den Prozessor so auslegen, dass er Daten hundertmal schneller verarbeiten kann als aktuelle weltraumtaugliche Computer, der Energiebedarf des Systems darf aber nicht steigen.

Microchip Technology zielt darauf ab

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Dallas

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Iseki

Regular
Der ARM Cortex-M0 ist ab heute zur Lizenzierung verfügbar. Akida steht ab heute zur Lizenzierung zur Verfügung. Sie arbeiten zusammen. Wer wird den Chip herstellen, der beides kombiniert?

• Fire

cosors

👀
考えてみてください、おそらくそれは名前に頭脳とチップを備えた会社です、それはいいでしょう

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Iseki

Regular
BRN prodává pouze IP. Potřebujeme společnost jako Renesas nebo Megachips, aby začala vyrábět kombinovaný čip. Možná je to příliš velký skok víry, aby si společnosti vybraly nás. BRN jim musí usnadnit skok do Akidy.

• Haha
  • Thinking

Iseki

Regular

More dance partners please

• Haha
  • Love
Top Bottom