BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Interesting content

I think you are wasting your efforts tho Bravo if you aren't organising your research in threads , imo, tbh, imho, tbph, lol

Well I thought about doing that but I don't really want trip the thread-overloadometer and crash the whole website.🤭

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

@Slymeat,

For the Weebit fanciers:-

Some found facts re hybrid analog/digital NNs:

https://www.mdpi.com/2674-0729/1/2/8/pdf?version=1660304162

This paper is about self-healing Analog Front End (AFEX) and Spiking Analog Front End (SAFEX) in hybrid (analog/digital) NNs.

Akida gets a gurnsey in Fig 3 (p. 86) as an example of Spike-Based Processing, juxtaposed with Conventional Digital Processing (a microprocessor).

It also mentions Akida in passing in footnote 9 (page 84), but just bundles it in with other chips like Loihi, True North and Cerebra's wafer-sized SoC.

Of particular interest is the discussion on self-healing circuits on page 84:

"However, it must be remembered that technical systems do not have a metabolism and observed regrowth of lost cells, tissues, limbs, or even a whole entity in, e.g., axolotl salamanders or planarians, and can, as of yet, only be rivaled to the extent of the redundancy supplied at manufacturing time."

This is something which could be done fairly easily with Akida. The beauty of Akida's use of identical NPU's and nodes and the inter-node communication matrix is that, if sufficient redundant nodes were provided, the configuration MCU (Cortex) could be programmed to test the nodes and provide a detour to good nodes in the event of a node failure. It would "simply" require a reprogramming of the dud node's address to an available redundant node's address and consequential assigning of weights.

For AFEX, the paper discusses the use of a current feedback in amplifier (CFIA) circuit (Fig 8). The 3rd last par on page 91 discusses some f the problems of inaccuracy with analog CIFAR circuits.

From the closing paragraph (p.112), it does not appear that this project will bear fruit any time soon.

PS: As a child, I was fascinated by axolotls.

Knock knock​

Who's there

Axolotl

Axolotl who?

you sure do Axolotl questions!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 22 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Knock knock​

Who's there

Axolotl

Axolotl who?

you sure do Axolotl questions!
It really was worth getting out of bed just for that!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
I don't think I've previously seen mention on here of the new Siemens smart enose refrigerator. I haven't seen any specifications yet as there's only limited information available but it looks interesting:

2022-06-02 16:22:00

Recently, Siemens Home Appliances and Suning Tesco unveiled the innovative Siemens intelligent eNose refrigerator in Hangzhou Moganshan Naked Heart Valley, and made an exclusive debut at Suning Tesco, thus opening a new era of fresh life.

At the press conference, Wang Yupeng, vice president of BSH, took the lead in delivering a speech to share. He said, "Based on the continuous upgrading of users' demand for quality of life, but also in line with the trend of high-end home appliances in the industry, we launched this new refrigerator, which takes the intelligent preservation technology of precise temperature control as the cornerstone, takes the spirit of Ashkenazi Seiko as the standard, and maintains the multi-dimensional storage space of wine, beauty products or other best products, and has a smart eNose system, which can achieve real-time monitoring, timely warning, synchronous sterilization and sterilization, which greatly enhances the intelligent operation of the refrigerator, which is also a point that we are proud of." ”

As an innovative product of Siemens home appliances, the new Siemens smart eNose refrigerator is equipped with the industry's first intelligent eNose system, which can monitor the odor of more than 100 kinds of food 24 hours a day. It can monitor the freshness of food in the refrigerator for 24 hours, and can remotely warn bacteria, odors and other issues in advance, and automatically open the antibacterial program to purify and sterilize, effectively purify more than 90% of food spoilage and odor and remove more than 99.9% of bacteria and viruses, and carefully protect the dietary safety of consumers. In order to demonstrate the powerful preservation and purification function of the eNose system, the exclusive launch site also showed the status of ingredients stored in the refrigerator for one week. In the on-site tasting competition, the staff showed that the ingredients did not find any difference from the purchased ingredients in terms of appearance or taste, even if the perishable and moldy strawberries, after the intelligent blessing of the eNose system, they were still bright and delicious after 7 days.

This Siemens eNose Refrigerator has “ The sense of smell ” The ability of VOC Sensors are its core product force .

2022 a Breakthrough Year for AI​

By Peter van der Made, co-founder and CTO, BrainChip
Here is what I and my colleagues in AI expect to see [this year]:
4. AI will become more commonplace in everyday products; refrigerators that can smell if any food is about to go off to prevent food poisoning,

Maybe they are using the Renesas Digital gas sensor as part of this intelligent eNose . Our CEO Sean did say that renesas are going to have a set of products with Akida in it. So maybe the Akida IP is in more than one of the different ZMOD sensor products. Fingers Crossed!!!!!!!!

1660359036281.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users
This is the one.

I actually asked about AKD2000 in this and Ken Scarince answered.. what's the URL for this?
Hey mate

Can find the presso download here.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Bravo

Wow! . British company Go Games says they have developed ground-breaking AI with highly sophisticated AI voice assistant that THAT CAN LEARN on a £399 Gameboy-like device and it runs on Android???? It's called the TRDR Pocket 'Series 2'...

Looks like the TDR Pocket runs on a MediaTek Helio P60 CPU which has 4x big ARM Cortex-A73 cores and 4x small and power efficient ARM Cortex-A53 cores in two clusters (bigLITTLE).

HOW DID THEY GET IT TO LEARN?

View attachment 14051

View attachment 14052

View attachment 14053

How quickly does everyone think could we see BrainChip being incorporated into Arm cores via a third party? Remember the Arm Ecosystem Catalogue said "BrainChip's #Akida #ip is fully compatible with Arm product families."

Does anyone remember when I think it was Rob Telson, gave a bit of a timeline for development of certain things? I think he mentioned there would be consumer products, games and camera's roll-out first. Maybe I'm just imagining that part...

Would it be conceivable for example that this company, Go Games, has approached Arm to see if they can switch to an upgrade for their second version game?

giphy.gif

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
Screenshot 2022-08-13 at 13-08-53 Multi-Purpose Air Quality Sensor Solution Renesas.png

Looks like you can use 3 types of the ZMOD series for digital gas sensor for a fridge.
They state in the system benefits write up that " Dedicated MCU for AI Based powerful sensor data evaluation". Fingers Crossed !!!!!!

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 27 users

uiux

Regular
View attachment 14060
Looks like you can use 3 types of the ZMOD series for digital gas sensor for a fridge.
They state in the system benefits write up that " Dedicated MCU for AI Based powerful sensor data evaluation". Fingers Crossed !!!!!!

@butcherano @Diogenese @IndepthDiver

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Proga

Regular
I think we can safely assume the next generation will use Akida in 2024. Not before. I'm confident Akida will be used in all four main areas: powertrain, autonomous driving, infotainment, and body and comfort systems. First time I've read anywhere they are going to use a complete new MBUX infotainment platform in 2024

Mercedes-Benz will introduce a new operating system across its models for the 2024 model year.
The new operating system, simply dubbed Mercedes-Benz Operating System, or MB.OS, will be developed by Unity Technologies and replace the existing MBUX infotainment platform used by all Mercedes models.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Proga

Regular
Unity’s operating system will link all of Mercedes-Benz vehicles to the cloud and with the Internet of Things and comprise of four main areas: powertrain, autonomous driving, infotainment, and body and comfort systems.

To be fully autonomous they will have be prepared to move away from the cloud?
To be fully autonomous they will have be prepared to move away from the cloud? They are but that doesn't mean the infotainment can't be connected to the cloud to watch the latest YouTube videos etc. Also they are going to use over the air to update the cars.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Beebo

Regular
Did anyone take note of the trading volume for BRCHF this Friday?

Reactions: 2 users
D

Deleted member 118

Dozzaman1977

Regular
1660366416125.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users

Iseki

Regular

@butcherano @Diogenese @IndepthDiver
The ZMOD class sensors support a number of MCU's.

So the question is, has Renesas, or somebody else, produced an MCU containing Akida IP. Presumably it would have to be Renesas, it would surely be unlikely that someone would independently do this to fit a Renesas sensor.

Now we do know that Renesas are "getting the ball rolling" on producing a small arm based MCU that will contain Akida IP, but no news as yet, sadly.

I am sure that BRN will announce the fact that Renesas' production of a small Akida based chip has happened, just as they did the Renesas licensing deal. Then it will be game on, and this tiny MCU can be placed in every sensor they sell as a kind of defacto.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

uiux

Regular
Well I thought about doing that but I don't really want trip the thread-overloadometer and crash the whole website.🤭

Up to you. Personally I like being able to find older posts easily and this thread is basically a post graveyard

Good for random content but it's impossible to naviagate through

D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
D

Deleted member 118

Up to you. Personally I like being able to find older posts easily and this thread is basically a post graveyard

Good for random content but it's impossible to naviagate through
Probably the only thing I do correct is post my finding both in here and in the correct subsection.

Reactions: 6 users
D

Deleted member 118

Ok I’m that bored, does anyone want to guess how many bog rolls are on the table in front of me

5CDB457E-457F-4250-8ECC-F21A9345A6FA.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Proga

Regular
Wow! . British company Go Games says they have developed ground-breaking AI with highly sophisticated AI voice assistant that THAT CAN LEARN on a £399 Gameboy-like device and it runs on Android???? It's called the TRDR Pocket 'Series 2'...

Looks like the TDR Pocket runs on a MediaTek Helio P60 CPU which has 4x big ARM Cortex-A73 cores and 4x small and power efficient ARM Cortex-A53 cores in two clusters (bigLITTLE).

HOW DID THEY GET IT TO LEARN?

View attachment 14051

View attachment 14052

View attachment 14053

@Bravo according to the ARM Partner Ecosystem Catalog, ARM doesn't partner BrainChip with the Cortex-A series. Only the M series.

Top Bottom