BRN Discussion Ongoing

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
@uiux just saw this. They had nearly 10 thousand students go through this course

What you'll learn​

• Brain Computer Interfacing using spiking neural networks
  • Quantum spiking neural networks for re-wiring human brain ( what is Quantam SNN??)
  • Drills/ Exercises on Brain Computer Interfacing using EEG Signals
  • How Brain Computer Interfacing is used for neuro-rehabilitation
  • Recurrent Neural Networks & LSTMs for Brain Computer Interfacing
  • Brain Computer Interfacing for Medical Imaging (Healthcare IT)
  • Brain Computer Interfacing- Human Brain on a Chip
  • Neuromorphic computing and Spiking Networks

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

equanimous

@uiux just saw this. They had nearly 10 thousand students go through this course

What you'll learn​

• Brain Computer Interfacing using spiking neural networks
  • Quantum spiking neural networks for re-wiring human brain ( what is Quantam SNN??)
  • Drills/ Exercises on Brain Computer Interfacing using EEG Signals
  • How Brain Computer Interfacing is used for neuro-rehabilitation
  • Recurrent Neural Networks & LSTMs for Brain Computer Interfacing
  • Brain Computer Interfacing for Medical Imaging (Healthcare IT)
  • Brain Computer Interfacing- Human Brain on a Chip
  • Neuromorphic computing and Spiking Networks

Ok so the person running the course has a really small resume

Prof. Dr. Engr. Junaid Zafar is currently working as Chairperson in Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Government College University, Lahore. He is also Director, Office of Research, innovation and Commercialization. He has completed his PhD in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, The University of Manchester University, UK, and BSc in Electrical Engineering from U.E.T Lahore. He is Academic visitor to the University of Cambridge, UK, MMU, UK and National University of Ireland. He remained Dual Degree programme coordinator at the Lancaster University, UK. Dr. Engr. Junaid Zafar received Roll of Honors for National Education Commission and Outstanding Teacher/ Researcher Awards from the Higher Education Commission, Pakistan. He is leading the macine learning and Artificial Intelligence centre with GC University, Lahore. He is member of Universal Association of Electronics & Computer Engineers, International Association of Computer Science & Information, and member of International Association of Engineers, IAENG Society of Artificial Intelligence, IAENG Society of Electrical Engineering, Science & Engineering Institute, IAENG Society of Imaging Engineering, Institute of Research Engineers & Doctors, and IAENG Society of Wireless Networks. He is member of editorial board in Journal of Future Technologies & Communications, Technical Programme committee, Frontiers of Information & Technologies, and Technical Programme Committee, Multi- Conference on Sciences & Technology. He is also serving as reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory & Techniques, IEEE Transactions on Antennas, IEEE Antenna & Wireless Propagation Letters, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, International Journal of Electronics, and IET Antennas & Radio- wave Propagation. He has so far taught over twenty diffrent online courses based on outcome based student oriented models. He has also supervised more than 100 Masters/ MPhil thesis. He has published over 50 high impact factor publications and presented his work at several national and international renowned platforms.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users

equanimous

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I brought 6 stocks back in 2019 and sold 5 of em to hold BrN only, but I did sell a fair few off my BrN 2 days ago at $1.18 to buy LSI after a tip
LSI?? who are they?

D

Deleted member 118

LSI?? who are they?

Sorry I meant Lis

1550E513-2895-499E-A6A2-9A3E80662D0F.png

Reactions: 3 users

Mt09

Regular
Shadow I take notice of the experienced people in Finance and one told me 1 year ago that "they" will never let us have this Brainchip no matter what we think.
And I print out every post from TECH and highlight every mention of INTEL and there are numerous. 2024. noted.

The last 1.5 yrs of price action would seem to support a consideration that the above might actually be true.

The shorting action today is relentless and continious with any attempts to rebound being smashed back down again. INSTO work.

Y.
Aha was this bloke taking the mick or what!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Ok so the person running the course has a really small resume

Prof. Dr. Engr. Junaid Zafar is currently working as Chairperson in Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Government College University, Lahore. He is also Director, Office of Research, innovation and Commercialization. He has completed his PhD in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, The University of Manchester University, UK, and BSc in Electrical Engineering from U.E.T Lahore. He is Academic visitor to the University of Cambridge, UK, MMU, UK and National University of Ireland. He remained Dual Degree programme coordinator at the Lancaster University, UK. Dr. Engr. Junaid Zafar received Roll of Honors for National Education Commission and Outstanding Teacher/ Researcher Awards from the Higher Education Commission, Pakistan. He is leading the macine learning and Artificial Intelligence centre with GC University, Lahore. He is member of Universal Association of Electronics & Computer Engineers, International Association of Computer Science & Information, and member of International Association of Engineers, IAENG Society of Artificial Intelligence, IAENG Society of Electrical Engineering, Science & Engineering Institute, IAENG Society of Imaging Engineering, Institute of Research Engineers & Doctors, and IAENG Society of Wireless Networks. He is member of editorial board in Journal of Future Technologies & Communications, Technical Programme committee, Frontiers of Information & Technologies, and Technical Programme Committee, Multi- Conference on Sciences & Technology. He is also serving as reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory & Techniques, IEEE Transactions on Antennas, IEEE Antenna & Wireless Propagation Letters, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, International Journal of Electronics, and IET Antennas & Radio- wave Propagation. He has so far taught over twenty diffrent online courses based on outcome based student oriented models. He has also supervised more than 100 Masters/ MPhil thesis. He has published over 50 high impact factor publications and presented his work at several national and international renowned platforms.
Is that it? Pffft

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Teach22

Regular
I brought 6 stocks back in 2019 and sold 5 of em to hold BrN only, but I did sell a fair few off my BrN 2 days ago at $1.18 to buy LSI after a tip
I appreciate your civil answer to my civil question.

I bought my first share in 1985, I think it was. Woodside Oil for 80c/share.
Over the past 40 odd years I’ve had both good and bad investments. BRN has made me more money than any other stock, obviously in part due to the fact I have had more money to invest these days than I did back then.

Anyway, I post very little on forums because I feared that if I didnt post positively, then I would be ridiculed. Regrettably, the few times I have posted on this site have done nothing to allay my fears.

Can I just say to you and anyone else who wants to listen, just because someone doesn’t post rocket ships etc, it doesn’t mean they don’t share your enthusiasm. People express themselves in different ways. Also, over the years I have been on many many ‘sure things’ that have turned out to be anything but.

Thanks for your time. I hope BRN enjoys the huge success we all believe it will.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 43 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
wtf GIF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.

Prospects of LiDAR System Developers Soar as Automakers Begin Building the Software Defined Vehicles (SDVs) of the Future​

LiDAR developers are devising different solutions and changing the dynamics of the value chain, leading to compression and collaboration between Tier I suppliers and OEMs, finds Frost & Sullivan.

View attachment 13820

LiDAR sensors are instrumental to increasing the levels of autonomy in self-driving vehicles. With the rise in autonomous driving (AD) and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), the deployment of LiDAR sensors in vehicles is on an upward trajectory. This is mirrored in the expanding number of partnerships—Luminar and Mercedes-Benz, Velodyne and Baidu, Valeo and Stellantis, and Cepton and General Motors—that underline the growth prospects for LiDAR technology in tandem with the increase in AD and ADAS features. In consonance with such trends, Israeli LiDAR company Innoviz Technologies recently entered into a partnership to supply its LiDAR sensors as well as its advanced customizable perception software to Volkswagen’s software unit, CARIAD. The company’s ‘Innoviz Two’ will underpin VW’s SDV architecture and its operating system, “VW.OS”, helping the automaker move towards its goal of commercializing SDV EVs by the middle of the decade.

The recent news on CARIAD suggests the same. LiDAR from Innoviz, joint development with Bosch for a standardized software platform for all VW vehicles, BlackBerry QNX technology for VW.OS (including its QNX OS for Safety, which is a pre-certified microkernel operating system designed for safety-critical embedded systems), and Qualcomm Technologies’ system-on-chips (SoCs) for the VW software platform underline how automakers are on the fast-track towards an SDV future.

LiDAR may get more traction if privacy laws come in to play. A LiDAR map is inherently anonymous, unlike a video image.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

cosors

👀
  • Smartphones – According to Samir Kumar- director at the research lab of Qualcomm, the neuromorphic chips once fixed in smartphones, will enable them continuously monitor your activities and location to figure out when and where you could need it, and it will offer you the help in advance to come out of a problematic situation.
probably sponsored by Intel
Applied Brain Research has already been mentioned here. I find the article very interesting as well as the one Bravo posted the other day. Or Steve10:
1660127200114.png

https://thestockexchange.com.au/thr...iggest-slice-of-neuromorphic-pie.43/post-1339

My thought on this article was how it is possible for the author not to mention Brainchip and Akida of all things. Quickly looked and lo and behold:
BrainChip Signs Joint Development and Marketing Agreement with Applied Brain Research 01.02.2016

Does ABR not mention us on purpose because they did not get further with the cooperation? On their page the Loihi is often mentioned.
https://appliedbrainresearch.com/news/
Why not Akida which is already commercially available? I find this strange. Or can someone of the 1000 eyes steer me in the right direction? Does anyone know from the early years what happened to the collaboration?

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

equanimous

Applied Brain Research has already been mentioned here. I find the article very interesting as well as the one Bravo posted the other day. Or Steve10:
View attachment 13824
https://thestockexchange.com.au/thr...iggest-slice-of-neuromorphic-pie.43/post-1339

My thought on this article was how it is possible for the author not to mention Brainchip and Akida of all things. Quickly looked and lo and behold:
BrainChip Signs Joint Development and Marketing Agreement with Applied Brain Research 01.02.2016

Does ABR not mention us on purpose because they did not get further with the cooperation? On their page the Loihi is often mentioned.
Why not Akida which is already commercially available? I find this strange. Or can someone of the 1000 eyes steer me in the right direction? Does anyone know from the early years what happened to the collaboration?
I wandered the same thing but with our patents im not worried about it.

Reactions: 4 users

uiux

Regular
View attachment 13824

Lots of history between the two

We did partner with ABR - but something must have happened because Chris Eliasmith started working with Loihi afterwards. ABRs nengo is what people were mainly using with Loihi before LAVA..

There is YouTube vids of Chris Eliasmith talking about Loihi and keyword spotting etc, worth a watch

It gets funnier though - we actually beat Intel to the neuromorphic keyword spotting patent (and they had to rewrite theirs a bit)

Why it's funny is that that was the first main application I saw of Loihi from Chris Eliasmith.

Further to that, ABRs patent for "Methods and systems for implementing dynamic neural networks" hit a roadblock from one of Brainchips related to "delays" in spike timing...

So that was two instances of Brainchip patents doing their work, once for Intel and once for ABR

Follow the patent links to global dossier and read the application process documents to see where brainchip is cited

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

TopCat

Regular
An interesting article on cybersecurity within agriculture due to the increased use of internet connected farming machinery and sensors. I wonder what these research groups can find so as to “disconnect “ more of their systems 🤔🧐

Farmers are adopting precision agriculture, using data collected by GPS, satellite imagery, internet-connected sensors and other technologies to farm more efficiently. While these practices could help increase crop yields and reduce costs, the technology behind the practices is creating opportunities for extremists, terrorists and adversarial governments to attack farming machinery, with the aim of disrupting food production.

Cyberattacks against agricultural targets are not some far-off threat; they are already happening. For example, in 2021 a ransomware attack forced a fifth of the beef processing plants in the U.S. to shut down, with one company paying nearly $11 million to cybercriminals. REvil, a Russia-based group, claimed responsibility for the attack.

The integration of technologies into farm equipment, from GPS-guided tractors to artificial intelligence, potentially increases the ability of hackers to attack this equipment.

From an academic research perspective, multidisciplinary efforts that bring together researchers from precision agriculture, robotics, cybersecurity and political science can help identify potential solutions. To this end, we and researchers at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln have launched the Security Testbed for Agricultural Vehicles and Environments.

Farming equipment manufacturers and other industry organizations can help by designing and engineering equipment to account for cybersecurity considerations. This would lead to the manufacture of farming equipment that not only maximizes food production yields but also minimizes exposure to cyberattacks.

• Fire
  • Love

cosors

👀
I wandered the same thing but with our patents im not worried about it.
Or does Brainchip assume that they no longer need this mutual support since Akida is already at the finish line?

"Under the terms of the agreement, BrainChip and ABR will jointly, non-exclusively, promote each other’s products and services to create a referral relationship, under which each will refer potential customers to the other party in exchange for the opportunity to enhance each other’s selling proposition by offering the customers an integrated hardware and software offering, and increasing the chances of sales success in the emerging neuromorphic technologies markets.
“The partnership with BrainChip represents a significant opportunity for our team to work with a breakthrough company,” said Dr. Chris Eliasmith, Co-founder of Applied Brain Research. “We believe neuromorphic semiconductor chips will run the next generation of AI systems, and BrainChip’s hardware technology is a complete development solution for companies entering the neuromorphic chip market.”

“We are excited to undertake this new strategic partnership with ABR, whose award winning system is explicitly designed for real-world applications,” said Peter van der Made, Founder and CEO of BrainChip."
https://brainchip.com/brainchip-sig...keting-agreement-with-applied-brain-research/
In any case, it seems clear to me that the cooperation was terminated. Otherwise ABR would have had to mention us I think.

I know it from other areas that (small) competitors who are a little behind make a special effort to try to put themselves in a better light with good articles. Maybe Brainchip dropped the cooperation because they are simply faster and more successful and no longer needs the cooperation as it leads to nothing.
Just my unknowing/naive thought...

Last edited:
  • Fire

uiux

Regular
Here are the two workflows for the keyword spotting patents:

Intel

1660129574228.png

BrainChip

1660129590794.png

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 23 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Or does Brainchip assume that they no longer need this mutual support since Akida is already at the finish line?

"Under the terms of the agreement, BrainChip and ABR will jointly, non-exclusively, promote each other’s products and services to create a referral relationship, under which each will refer potential customers to the other party in exchange for the opportunity to enhance each other’s selling proposition by offering the customers an integrated hardware and software offering, and increasing the chances of sales success in the emerging neuromorphic technologies markets.
“The partnership with BrainChip represents a significant opportunity for our team to work with a breakthrough company,” said Dr. Chris Eliasmith, Co-founder of Applied Brain Research. “We believe neuromorphic semiconductor chips will run the next generation of AI systems, and BrainChip’s hardware technology is a complete development solution for companies entering the neuromorphic chip market.”

“We are excited to undertake this new strategic partnership with ABR, whose award winning system is explicitly designed for real-world applications,” said Peter van der Made, Founder and CEO of BrainChip."
https://brainchip.com/brainchip-sig...keting-agreement-with-applied-brain-research/
In any case, it seems clear to me that the cooperation was terminated. Otherwise ABR would have had to mention us I think.

I know it from other areas that (small) competitors who are a little behind make a special effort to try to put themselves in a better light with good articles. Maybe Brainchip dropped the cooperation because they are simply faster and more successful and no longer needs the cooperation as it leads to nothing.
Just my unknowing/naive thought...
Generally such agreements have a fixed term, with an option to renew.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users
I appreciate your civil answer to my civil question.

I bought my first share in 1985, I think it was. Woodside Oil for 80c/share.
Over the past 40 odd years I’ve had both good and bad investments. BRN has made me more money than any other stock, obviously in part due to the fact I have had more money to invest these days than I did back then.

Anyway, I post very little on forums because I feared that if I didnt post positively, then I would be ridiculed. Regrettably, the few times I have posted on this site have done nothing to allay my fears.

Can I just say to you and anyone else who wants to listen, just because someone doesn’t post rocket ships etc, it doesn’t mean they don’t share your enthusiasm. People express themselves in different ways. Also, over the years I have been on many many ‘sure things’ that have turned out to be anything but.

Thanks for your time. I hope BRN enjoys the huge success we all believe it will.
Couldn’t agree more, Teach22! Nicely said.

Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom