BRN Discussion Ongoing

uiux

Regular
Conversation over beers last night with brother in law (however could have been anyone near and dear).

Him: “eff sake didn’t win lotto again…”
Me: “mate you’d be better off to put this in stock…”
Him (laughs): “yeah right, like you are some stock portfolio mogul…”
Me: “Nope, but I do have a good pile in Brainchip and frankly this very much has potential to be life changing for us”.
Him: “what, you now gambling like bitcoin…”
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I then proceeded to try and firstly outline Akida and then mention all the partnerships and announcements we’ve had. I could see him glaze over and thinking I was on crack when talking about the huge potential for this to take flight. And then he started his usual way of ridiculing people (very much a defense mechanism when he doesn’t understand🤣😂🤣)

I however also realised, there was no page or post which just shows potential use cases and partnerships etc etc. kinda a one pager listing all we know so far to show to people.

It would be cool to have such a document to show the skeptics, or does this already exist?

Cheers and happy Sunday!

I've spent 7+ years researching the fuck out of the neuromorphic industry and this is the one pager I have produced showing the potential use cases for neuromorphic technologies :

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 96 users
I've spent 7+ years researching the fuck out of the neuromorphic industry and this is the one pager I have produced showing the potential use cases for neuromorphic technologies :

Legend Uiux.

Thanks for sharing all your hard work!

Very much appreciated.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
I find this link from Telekom very interesting, it would be interesting to know whether Telekom is going in the direction of Akida, I'll see if I can find any connections.

Unfortunately this page is in German, a small excerpt:

Edge computing: real-time navigation
In addition, decentralized data processing is used in autonomous transport vehicles both indoors and outdoors. For example, the robot communicates with Edge via the 5G Campus Network Advanced Solution from T-Systems. The technology enables intelligent, autonomous navigation, safety and obstacle avoidance. The solution can be adapted to different sensor and robot setups.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare Market worth $67.4 billion by 2027 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™​

1659266111000.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

Awesome, thank you very much!!

Reactions: 7 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Geez the forum seems so quiet of late without FF, I do acknowledge and am very grateful, for all the other contributors great work, who obviously must spend many hours sleuthing / researching and providing wonderful commentary, I myself are a self confessed dumb ass when it comes to computer science, let alone neuromorphic computer science, but come on FF, annual leave is over and I wish to see you back 9:00am tomorrow soldier.
Best Regards to all
We Want You Back Season 4 GIF by The Office

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Easytiger

Regular
Reactions: 7 users

Iseki

Regular

Thanks Uiux for all your input. It's been a long and windy road. Hopefully we are nearly home.
This is what I think will happen next:

Hope you are ready for this. Are you sitting down?

You will get an Honorary Doctorate from the highest on high, like Ann Arbor. Well done!!
Plus a seat on the board of GitHub. Fancy!
Plus drinks with Linus Torvalds at his home. (Learn Norwegian).
A free seat on any SpaceX flight of your choice. (Return)
You will also receive the Medal of Honor, and the Forum X-Factor award for the most brilliantly conceived understanding and demonstration you have brought.
They will name an annual lecture after you to be given by the CTO of the highest grossing Semiconductor Manufacturer.
Hacker Drive will be renamed Uiux Parade.
You will get a gold pass to the green room at all future AGM's. (Prosecco and blue m&m's complimentary)
An Akida chip will, in the very near future, will save you and the other 343 passenger lives when it detects a wobbly air-brake.
You will retain your anonymity, until a fateful day when an Akida based companion robot notices you lurking around the Google Labs, and doxes u, and you are carried on the shoulders of the programmers the length of Uiux Parade.
You will get the all-clear from all Akida healthcare devices for decades into the future.

Not bad eh?

So, thanks, and Congratulations!!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 26 users

uiux

Regular
Thanks Uiux for all your input. It's been a long and windy road. Hopefully we are nearly home.
This is what I think will happen next:

Hope you are ready for this. Are you sitting down?

You will get an Honorary Doctorate from the highest on high, like Ann Arbor. Well done!!
Plus a seat on the board of GitHub. Fancy!
Plus drinks with Linus Torvalds at his home. (Learn Norwegian).
A free seat on any SpaceX flight of your choice. (Return)
You will also receive the Medal of Honor, and the Forum X-Factor award for the most brilliantly conceived understanding and demonstration you have brought.
They will name an annual lecture after you to be given by the CTO of the highest grossing Semiconductor Manufacturer.
Hacker Drive will be renamed Uiux Parade.
You will get a gold pass to the green room at all future AGM's. (Prosecco and blue m&m's complimentary)
An Akida chip will, in the very near future, will save you and the other 343 passenger lives when it detects a wobbly air-brake.
You will retain your anonymity, until a fateful day when an Akida based companion robot notices you lurking around the Google Labs, and doxes u, and you are carried on the shoulders of the programmers the length of Uiux Parade.
You will get the all-clear from all Akida healthcare devices for decades into the future.

Not bad eh?

So, thanks, and Congratulations!!

borat-high-five.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Proga

Regular
If the Akidas are integrated with sensors, there would only be one per sensor, but it would only be a partial Akida, eg, 4 nodes or so instead of 20. Then there's mission-critical function redundancy. I recall in the early days of electronic ignition, Holden had a "limp-home" function (30 kph), which, on one occasion, came into play returning to Sydney from Wollongong Uni.

With any luck there will be at least 20 full Akida equivalents at, say, $10 per pop. After all, we're not here to strangle the golden-egg-laying goose.
Whether 70 or 300 sensors, on a car, wouldn't/couldn't they be served by just a few AKIDAD chips?
So there may only be 10 or even fewer royalties per car..

With 300 sensors, there wouldn't be 300 "brains"..

We have one brain, for the five senses we use..
I'd been wondering the same. Will they need 1 per sensor to inference so all the sensors don't stream back everything to the microcontroller and overload it with data and use more power?

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

jtardif999

Regular
What the loser fence sitters with their heads up their arses here DON"T GET is IF someone like INTEL is after BRN they will get it for a SONG!
PERIOD!
And please forget about loyalty to management and professional office holders (they really dont give a shit about YOU) wake up this is about
MONEY & CONTROL of BILLIONS of dollars in the future!
Do you think you really count? Faceless people?
People will say & do anything, for example . Where is the TOP 20 list promised again and again? Think about what we might NOT like to see on it.

ALL I want is for people to be honest and acknowledgement that the SP was Shorted and dropped -10% in 15 mins.
Nothing more instead of coming in here and attacking and making bs excuses because they personally dont care.

great don't care? fine thats your business , but it does not mean others cannot have a different view and actually CARE about it.
Those that say "take a Chill pill" need to do it themselfs because they seem to be the ones freaking out that someone has made a post saying there is Shorting today!

This forum has gone the way of hotcrapper where you get attacked with no justification by fencesitters, school kids and those who are professionally working in Brokerages and the like.

listen to yourselfs now! SHORTING IS GOOD FOR US! Geezus h.
The top 3 individual share holders - Peter, Anil and Robert Mitro hold more than 350 million shares, then the rest of BRN management and expats another 50 million or so, then the rest of the top 100 retail probably hold another 100 million shares. If none of these are selling to big instos then collectively they hold about 500/1700 million shares on hand - more than 25 %. For Intel or anyone to make a successful hostile takeover they need more than 75% control - so any kind of takeover will have to be mutually agreeable and very much in our favour since we know the top three aren’t just in it for the money.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 23 users
@Diogenese

Just came across these guys and their recent paper (Jul 22) in line with their commercial offering based out of Canada.

Wondering if you can run your eye over whenever?

Can't see mention of SNN or CNN2SNN or neuromorphic etc but what jumped out was the bit quantization, ARM connection / use and wondered how relevant their product is to our space.

Would be nice if they were incorporating our IP somewhere within but don't think are.

TIA & fully expect an ogre haha

Screenshot_2022-07-31-22-34-43-07_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
Screenshot_2022-07-31-22-35-16-47_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
Screenshot_2022-07-31-22-35-37-38_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
Screenshot_2022-07-31-22-36-02-38_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
Screenshot_2022-07-31-22-36-16-22_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
Screenshot_2022-07-31-22-37-03-89_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20
@Diogenese

Just came across these guys and their recent paper (Jul 22) in line with their commercial offering based out of Canada.

Wondering if you can run your eye over whenever?

Can't see mention of SNN or CNN2SNN or neuromorphic etc but what jumped out was the bit quantization, ARM connection / use and wondered how relevant their product is to our space.

Would be nice if they were incorporating our IP somewhere within but don't think are.

TIA & fully expect an ogre haha

View attachment 12974 View attachment 12975 View attachment 12976 View attachment 12977 View attachment 12978 View attachment 12979

As you say fmf, not Akida.

The priority date is November 2018, which is probably too early for Akida.

They do talk about 2-bit quantzations which will save power and time, but don't mention our secret sauce n-of-m rank coding.

US2021350233A1 System and Method for Automated Precision Configuration for Deep Neural Networks
1659280833888.png

[0003] In modern intelligent applications and devices, deep neural networks (DNNs) have become ubiquitous when solving complex computer tasks, such as recognizing objects in images and translating natural language. The success of these networks has been largely dependent on high performance computing machinery, such as Graphics Processing Units (GPUs) and server-class Central Processing Units (CPUs). Consequently, the adoption of DNNs to solve real-world problems is typically limited to scenarios where such computing is available. Recently, many new computer processors specifically designed for artificial intelligence (AI) applications have emerged. These dedicated processors, such as Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs), Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs) and analog computers offer the promise of more efficient and accessible AI products and services. However, designing DNN models optimized for these new processors remains a significant challenge for AI engineers and application developers. Significant domain expertise and trial-and-error is often required to create an optimized DNN for a specialized hardware. One of the main challenges is how to enable a precision configuration for a given DNN architecture that maintains accuracy and optimizes for memory, energy and latency performance on a given hardware architecture. The task of quantizing individual layers of a DNN, which can contain dozens of layers, often results in sub optimal performance in a real-world environment. Thus, there is significant interest in automating the task of enabling a precision configuration for an entire DNN architecture that considers the properties of the hardware architecture to optimize memory, energy and latency as well as maintain a desired level of accuracy on the given dataset.
0007] There exists a need for scalable, automated processes for model quantization on diverse DNN architectures and hardware back-ends. Generally, it is found that the current capacity for model quantization is outpaced by the rapid development of new DNNs and disparate hardware platforms that aim to increase the applicability and efficiency of deep learning workloads.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
D

Deleted member 118

Looking forward to this week if this pans out
D8A78E0C-1E33-42BF-8D13-B47FF45C9D0E.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Morning

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
At least some else is awake

Haha, I like being an early riser. I’m tired from travelling otherwise would have been up at 5 am

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
and I go to bed now
1659300328040.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

cosors

👀
Thanks again I got it. Now it's time to learn. Two others have also ordered it!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom