BRN Discussion Ongoing

Fox151

Regular
Yes interesting analogys were dropped over time.
Another was "if I ever discovered manipulation/deception in a Company I would sell up immediately and leave. (not quoted word for word ,but meaning is the same)
And one part of that quote has happened. The other?

Yak52
I wondered if something would kick off... I monitor these forums a bit and didn't see any reason for FF to go off in a huff, so I wondered if there was a trigger or if it would trigger anything.

And to think I just got my framed Robot Ken shirt and Akida chip back from the Framers...

Reactions: 12 users
Cheers DB

Could read it the other way though I guess...that a trace notice requires all beneficial holders regardless of holding size to be disclosed not just those with over =/>5% as per normal sub notice rules.
You never want ambiguity, in rules or Law..

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Shadow59

Regular
Yes interesting analogys were dropped over time.
Another was "if I ever discovered manipulation/deception in a Company I would sell up immediately and leave. (not quoted word for word ,but meaning is the same)
And one part of that quote has happened. The other?

Yak52
One certainly has to wonder about the timing!?

Reactions: 8 users

Xray1

Regular
Thank you Shadow. ;)
So it seems we have two opposing theories.

1. Citicorp is taking a substantial stake, perhaps as a cornerstone investor, which is good news for us retail, as it shows confidence and should lead to an increasing share price.
or
2. Citicorp is quietly building a large stake, perhaps in cahoots with other as yet unknown players, in a bid to mount a possibly hostile takeover, which may lead to a bidding war, potentially pushing up our share price in the short term, but perhaps denying us of the opportunity to be long term holders going forward.

Either way, it appears Citicorp is possibly in contravention of corporation law and ASX listing rules because it has not notified the ASX of its increased holding status.
Would not this fact be prejudicial against Citicorp in any potential litigation going forward?
Could Citicorp be taking this substantial stake in BRN just because we are now offically in the ASX 200 ??

• Thinking
Reactions: 15 users
F

Filobeddo

I wondered if something would kick off... I monitor these forums a bit and didn't see any reason for FF to go off in a huff, so I wondered if there was a trigger or if it would trigger anything.

And to think I just got my framed Robot Ken shirt and Akida chip back from the Framers...

Now there’s a point, I wonder what Jerome the new CMO would think about a new run of Robot Ken t shirts 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Moonshot

Regular
Could Citicorp be taking this substantial stake in BRN just because we are now offically in the ASX 200 ??
Yes, but it’s not Citicorp- it’s their nominees. Citi is providing custodial and settlement services on behalf of (likely many) others

“Industry’s largest proprietary network spanning 95 markets and $14trilion assets under custody, global leader in securities services. For worlds top issuers, intermediaries and investors”

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Perhaps, but if so, I hope the rest of us will soon start to see some benefit from their confidence and addition to our register, because so far, "someone" has not been doing any of us any favours by pushing down our price, just so they can get in cheap after being late to the party.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Mccabe84

Regular
I found them. Seen as I’m in their neighbor hood, it would be rude not to pop in 😆
1F28A10D-73BC-440F-9240-DA97D0F2856F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Just noticed that Audi's Q6 e-tron 2023 Sportback model has been spied. Article says it will use an electric platform jointly developed with Porche. Am trying to find out more about the "Hey, Audi" diologue system in the Q6 to see whether it is the same as the Audi Q4 e-tron in which they teamed up with Cerence.

See below the Audi Q4 e-tron has "A hybrid system with both cloud-based and integrated elements means drivers are never left without key capabilities, even in areas of low or no connectivity." I feel like the "integrated elements" referred to could include Akida.

In which case, you would think the system used in the Q4 would likely be used in the Q6...

Typing time: half an hour

1pm.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

Reuben

Founding Member
The more conected the future cars are. More money to be made.

Bear in mind.. there is a monthly subscription for your car seats to be warm. Imagine forgetting to pay the monthly subscription on a cold winter day and your seat is dead cold.... 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Yes, but it’s not Citicorp- it’s their nominees. Citi is providing custodial and settlement services on behalf of (likely many) others

“Industry’s largest proprietary network spanning 95 markets and $14trilion assets under custody, global leader in securities services. For worlds top issuers, intermediaries and investors”
So, this is a way of concealing the owners and their associated voting rights. This could be anything from 175 million individual holders or 10 holders of 17.5 million? Or potentially multiple holdings each of which falls under the reporting threshold?
Damn, this is ringing memory bells about FF talking about this very subject and I'm pretty sure I just skimmed it at the time as it seemed a bit esoteric and dry and I figured FF would always be around if it ever became relevant. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Plot twist: Daimler is behind Citicorp.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 35 users

Moonshot

Regular
So, this is a way of concealing the owners and their associated voting rights. This could be anything from 175 million individual holders or 10 holders of 17.5 million? Or potentially multiple holdings each of which falls under the reporting threshold?
Damn, this is ringing memory bells about FF talking about this very subject and I'm pretty sure I just skimmed it at the time as it seemed a bit esoteric and dry and I figured FF would always be around if it ever became relevant. :ROFLMAO:
No, hiding is not the purpose- it’s because it’s expensive to provide funds administration, securities services- so there are only a few players… these services are provided to brokers and superfunds etc

Example, from AustralianSuper t&cs

All investments in the AustralianSuper Member Direct investment option, including listed securities, term deposit/s and cash will be registered in the name of JP Morgan Nominees Australia Limited, as custodian, for AustralianSuper Pty Ltd as trustee of AustralianSuper.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I've sent an online enquiry to the asx questioning Citicorps failure to disclose their accumulation to the market. If I don't get a reply I will email again and I will notify a media outlet to see if I can garner some attention to these hacks.

They can't just accumulate such a large holding without notifying the market.

F*** them

Choosing violence with a multinational investment fund today 😂

Burnt fingers on pot last night. Now typing with one hand.

Good article.(y)

View attachment 11198

Well, you've got to hand it to Australia's free market fundamentalist economist boffins - over the last 45 years they've succeeded in ridding the country of all those legacy manufacturing industries, even if the bathwater had some baby-shaped lumps in it - now for part 2 - the establishment of leading edge manufacturing industries like electric vehicles, AI ICs ...
if only we could find a way to do it on a level playing field without the government trying to pick winners?!

Reactions: 16 users

Xray1

Regular
Probably just one of many trying to protect their involvement.

Reactions: 5 users

robsmark

Regular
Thanks for posting this info for us all to see and consider FMF.

I would strongly suggest everyone take note of the 50%>ability to pass ordinary resolution.
CONSIDER what could be done in this situation.

Also take note please that not all T/O are "hostile" and some are "friendly" with blessings from management.

Currently (as of Jan 2022) Management controlled about 27% of SOI. Add CITICORPS 10%+ and you have aprox 40% SOI

I will divulge to you that I control over 700,000 shares of BRN in various accounts. My average buy in is aprox 0.53c so i have some
SERIOUS MONEY tied up in Brainchip. Not 3000 shares or 20,000 shares but over 700K. And it was not @ 0.05c either!

THE SHARE PRICE MATTERS GREATLY TO ME. I do not just drive down the road and hand over my money to some stranger and "TRUST HIM" then just sit back with a casual attitude of don't worry be happy. That is irresponsible childish drivel anyone saying/suggesting that on an Investment forum.
I also do not do the above with any COMPANY I invest in either! And comments that " The stock price will be what the stock price is" shows a total lack of respect and responsibility towards stakeholders/shareholders and their Investments.

My past "Mentors" taught me to never ,ever trust anyone in Management, Banking or Corporations with your money and do very strong DUE DILIGENCE on any business. These "mentors" were both CPA's and had been heads of Treasury depts within Government managing Billions. Later in life they were doing private trading involving sums greater that $500 Mil trades.

I take their advice and the experience gained with them far beyond any person posting here or on any other forum! CEOs who are friends will state the same never ever "Trust" anyone in the business world and be mature and sensible with your decisions regarding Investments. Contracts are used for a reason.

I have also seen the "Dealings" that go in during T/O with HNW holders, Management and these deals are NOT what the Retail shareholders get by any margin! Board positions, Management positions, freebie share options and "special" share buyouts are normal and ALL NEGOTIATED without disclosure to the public.

So moral of this rant and rave is .......don't go into this "blinded" by unfounded devotion to management. A decent CEO worth his salt will tell you this himself and only respect you if you act sensibly with your money and holdings.

Lastly I will say I do not care about comments or opinions anyone makes about the above post. I follow my own experience, knowledge and opinions as should you yours.

GLTAH.

Yak52
Sage advice which I agree with entirely.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Probably just one of many trying to protect their involvement.
They have done something similar with TESLA a few years ago. Took a 10% stake which apparently "saved" tesla according to Musk.
Could this be a possibility, as we know both Merc and BRN want to protect their products so have taken a joint approach?
Nothing substantial, just goss and adding fuel to the fire.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

Alternative Doozie of a Plot Twist - Elon Musk is behind CityCorp.

I'm telling you, Elon loves NASA and we're practically besties with NASA as everyone who's anyone knows. So, I'm just putting 2 + 2 together. Look, he's already dropping massive hints on his most recent twit.

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 2.45.36 pm.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
No, hiding is not the purpose- it’s because it’s expensive to provide funds administration, securities services- so there are only a few players… these services are provided to brokers and superfunds etc

Example, from AustralianSuper t&cs

All investments in the AustralianSuper Member Direct investment option, including listed securities, term deposit/s and cash will be registered in the name of JP Morgan Nominees Australia Limited, as custodian, for AustralianSuper Pty Ltd as trustee of AustralianSuper.
So, again this is ringing those memory bells, who holds the voting rights for all those shares currently registered under Citicorps name?
Citicorp or the individuals/entitys that have relevant accounts with Citicorp?

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom