Quatrojos

Regular
Reactions: 2 users

Quatrojos

Regular
Reactions: 4 users

McHale

Regular
Just listened to the Panel Discussion IMPLICATIONS OF EMBEDDED AI: MACHINE LEARNING, DEEP LEARNING, FACIAL RECOGNITION, AND OTHER PROCESSING with Anil, Colin's Areospace & Max Little, Associate Professor at the University of Birmingham.

There was no Google or Renesas in the panel, they must have been in the earlier sessions.

Anil was great, really informative, he talked about making every sensor smart.

Its funny though when the other 2 panelist talked about their current big issues in AI & Machine learning etc when Anil spoke he basically had the solution's for their problems because as we all know BrainChip is number 1

I started screen recording the session after the initial introductions, Anil starts talking at 1min 36 seconds, I saved it to my google drive so hopefully you can view with the below link, enjoy :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fFxloaYOvyGYO1zUZm-qVnoSWI_mwHsW/view?usp=sharing
Thank you for the link @TechGirl, as you say Anil had the answers.

Reactions: 13 users

Fox151

Regular
Screenshot_20220216-223309_Samsung Internet.jpg

This is where our generic name "brain chip" sucks. I nearly shat myself before I looked at the image.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

McHale

Regular
Yes from Collins Aerospace, This is the write up on him

Joseph_Engler,_PhD_photo.png

Joseph Engler
Chief AI Scientist
Collins Aerospace

Joseph Engler, PhD is the Chief Artificial Intelligence (AI) Scientist at Collins Aerospace. Dr. Engler is responsible for the direction of the Allison™ AI Lab including research and development, product generation, and AI services. Dr. Engler is the creator of Collins Aerospace Enterprise AI, named Allison™. He received his B.S. degrees in Mathematics and Computer Science from The Franciscan University in 2004, his M.S. degree in Industrial Engineering from the University of Iowa in 2009, and his Ph.D in Industrial Engineering from the University of Iowa in 2011. He has authored multiple peer reviewed papers, holds 13 patents, and 12 trade secrets. Prior to joining Collins Aerospace, Joseph was an Associate Research Scientist in the University of Iowa Operator Performance Laboratory where he developed a number of novel machine learning algorithms for classification of human physiology. Dr. Engler’s current research centers on Fractal Learning in Artificial Systems and his research interests include artificial general intelligence, complex adaptive systems, and chaos science. In his spare time, Joseph is an avid model railroader and loves to BBQ.
Joseph Engler has a pretty impressive CV there, and he knows his machine learning too by the looks of it. I think it is just great
that Anil can interface with someone like Engler who no doubt with his extensive CV, would be highly connected in industry and academic circles.

Anil had some great interactions and responses to what Engler was putting out, the word will spread, Akida will certainly be
helping to overcome some current technological limitations in ML, and will then move a big chunk of ML forward into new ground.

Dr Engler may have some new perspectives all of a sudden.

Reactions: 15 users

Quatrojos

Regular
Reactions: 5 users

Quatrojos

Regular
Last one:

...the second laboratory building will have a building area of 1,336 m2, a total floor area of 4,217 m2 over its three floors, and a clean room for development and production. The building will also feature a measurement standards laboratory for furthering development of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) sensors, which are at the center of Azbil’s sensing technology. Azbil is committed to maintaining and improving the competitiveness of its MEMS sensors through its proprietary technology, process technology, and development and production expertise cultivated over many years. The company also aims to deliver a stable supply of high-performance sensors and develop new products, as well as expand its business to new areas revolving around its sensors.

Reactions: 7 users

HUSS

Regular
Thanks to @Ian who found the video.

A new analog chip in the market - but she explains why Akida is still superior.

Thanks for sharing, I watched the video noe and honestly scared me little bit as this would be possible competitor to Akida and Brainchip, right?? What do you think guys?

Reactions: 2 users

MDhere

Regular
The only thing I can see that has changed today for Brainchip is that we are another day closer to Brainchip announcing a deal. All positive for me to continue to hold thanks. Lower volume today also compared to previous days over the last month.
closing "a"deal? .... 😀 more like closing a "A"STRONOMICAL amount of deals!!! 😀😀😀😀 (you left out the letters stronomical 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Equitable

Regular
This just came in from Seeking Alpha. So many things there that Akida can help with. I do wonder if Nvidia might be an EAP customer.

Nvidia teams with Jaguar Land Rover on next-gen automated driving systems​

Feb. 16, 2022 9:55 AM ETNVIDIA Corporation (NVDA)By: Chris Ciaccia, SA News Editor2 Comments
  • Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA) and Jaguar Land Rover announced on Wednesday that the two have signed a deal to develop and build next-generation automated driving systems for Jaguar Land Rover customers.
  • Starting in 2025, all new Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles will be built on Nvidia's DRIVE software-defined platform, which provides active safety, automated driving and parking systems, as well as driver assistance.
  • In addition, it will offer certain artificial intelligence features, such as driver and occupant monitoring, as well as as advanced visualization of the vehicle’s environment.
  • Nvidia is slated to report fourth-quarter results after the close of trading on Wednesday, with analysts expecting the semiconductor company to earn $1.22 per share and generate $7.43 billion in revenue.

Reactions: 11 users

uiux

Regular

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.

Morning Chippers ,

Regarding trains.

Fun Fact:

BHP . Worlds largest miner.

BHP set the longest train record between Yandi mine & Port Hedland in Western Australia in 2011.

The train was 4.53 miles ( 7.29 Km )
Long and carried 82,000 metric tones.

The train comprised of 682 Carts and was powered by eight General Electric Diesel Locomotives.

* From what I have gleaned , the average train comprises of three Locomotives & 226 Carts.
= Roughly 452 Bogies .
X 4 (wheels per Bogie)
= 1808 Wheels per train. ( Carts only ).
??? Sensor per wheel or per Bogie????.

Last year , 25/4/2021, I
did a quick google and found that in Australia....

*BHP had 128 Locomotives & Carts ???

*FMG had 45 Locomotives & 900 Carts.

Interesting I thought.

Regards,
Esq.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users
Thanks for sharing, I watched the video noe and honestly scared me little bit as this would be possible competitor to Akida and Brainchip, right?? What do you think guys?
It is a poor competitor. It is like comparing a sports car to a sports car that is actually a transformer.

AKIDA can scale down to at least 4nm. Their chip possibly to 14nm they hope but they are trying to go to 28nm first.

You can gang 4 of their chips together you can COTS gang 64 AKD1000 together UP TO 1024 by request.

You can licence as little as 1 node of AKIDA IP and put it in your own chip you cannot licence this chip as IP.

This chip is trained and then is what it is it cannot retrain or learn at the Edge AKD1000 can.

A rock is competition to a gun in a fight but I will take the gun every time.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 96 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
  • Haha
Reactions: 27 users

Sam

Nothing changes if nothing changes
Season 6 What GIF by The Office

Please include translation too so us English only speakers do not miss out on your insights

The only German I can (kind of) remember from school is “Ich bin auslander und spreche nicht gut Deutsch”

And also schraubenschlüßel (spanner) - one of my all time favourite words to sa
Ein stein bitter, loosely translated, brainchip forever 😂

Reactions: 9 users
Yes FF, my attribution to ulux is incorrect, and I do now recall that you have mentioned Ken Scarince as the original source
of that prescient saying.

In fact I believe I had made the same attribution to ulux on another occasion as well over at HC, said ulux does not seem to care. So in keeping with the principles of Brainchip college, I might now head over to the dons office for my dose. LOL

You run a tight ship FF, which is the best way to do it, so do you have the said quotation word for word somewhere, I liked the way it sounded straight away, and as I said it's likely prescient bigtime.
Hi McHale
No I don’t have it I just run off memory. If I remember correctly Ken Scarince was speaking too slides and it was on the slides as well as spoken. I have not Google it but Ken Scarince has only given three public presentations so should be easily found. FF

Reactions: 8 users
Reactions: 14 users

Dhm

Regular
Oh dang that would disrupt my beauty sleep somewhat…
Can someone record pretty please?
@TechGirl very kindly recorded the first event and has also promised to record Sean’s speech as well. Lets hope he drops a bombshell of great news!

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom