BRN Discussion Ongoing

D

Deleted member 118

Must be a lot older than the date states, unless 2021 was a misprint?

YT: When do you expect on your side to see a neuromorphic chip in mass production? Could this technology be applied to phones?
RL: Based upon current customer design activity and market demand, 2021 looks like the year in which the next generation of AI processors based upon neuromorphic computing principals will hit mass adoption.

F82B28C8-6AE9-4375-94A4-65C362631C4D.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

RobjHunt

Regular
Have not bothered to post a link but just read a tech news item claiming without any real details that rumour has it that Apple is planing to release a new more powerful upgraded Pod later this year or early 2023.

No other details provided but one for the 1,000 Eyes to keep in mind.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I remember reading an article too, a week or so ago, claiming Apple are working on a new HomePod type music machine thingy. Also speculation about it incorporating a camera and Apple TV.

I have two of the larger original HomePods (which have obviously been discontinued last year) connected to my Apple TV and stream everything on my telly. Amazing sound. If Apple were able to release a portable version with our technology in it the mind boggles what the battery life could deliver.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Autonomous arms race is underway.
Fire and forget weaponry is being born... :/
"Only AI can keep up with AI against drone swams" DW news...
They should have named it Harpakazi.

This seems quite scary, but HOPEFULLY can serve as a major detractor from waging war completely.

I can foresee a defense system employing thousands of very small randomly swarming drones that loiter above radar units and act as mobile air mines for loitering HARPY drones.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Mt09

Regular

Must be a lot older than the date states, unless 2021 was a misprint?

YT: When do you expect on your side to see a neuromorphic chip in mass production? Could this technology be applied to phones?
RL: Based upon current customer design activity and market demand, 2021 looks like the year in which the next generation of AI processors based upon neuromorphic computing principals will hit mass adoption.

View attachment 10252
Roger Levinson’s no longer at Brainchip, must be an old article with incorrect date.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users
D

Deleted member 118

Reactions: 1 users

Quatrojos

Regular
Reactions: 2 users

Baisyet

Regular
Have not bothered to post a link but just read a tech news item claiming without any real details that rumour has it that Apple is planing to release a new more powerful upgraded Pod later this year or early 2023.

No other details provided but one for the 1,000 Eyes to keep in mind.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi FF is this the one you are talking about.
Cheers

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Reactions: 4 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Rskiff

Regular
Sorry from May :)

Rskiff

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Rskiff

Regular
I feel that BRN now need to throw a bone out to the world as we seem to be starting to scrape the barrel for info.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
The CIA just does not want us to see it. :(:mad::ninja:

This link should work.

This is about Raytheon Intelligence & Space on their Third Gen FLIR. Speaking of Raytheon, look what I stumbled across.

Raytheon to develop smart sensors, machine learning, and digital signal processing for military targeting​

June 18, 2021
Raytheon will develop an event-based camera, digital signal processing, and machine learning for smart sensors in tactical military applications.
John Keller

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/print/content/14205416

Smart Sensors 18 June 2021

ARLINGTON, Va. – Sensors experts at Raytheon Technologies Corp. will develop a new kind of camera and digital signal processing to enable electro-optical smart sensors for tactical military applications.
Officials of the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) in Arlington, Va., announced an $8.8 million contract Wednesday to the Raytheon Intelligence & Space segment in El Segundo, Calif., for the Fast Event-based Neuromorphic Camera and Electronics (FENCE) project.
FENCE seeks to develop and demonstrate a low-latency, low-power, event-based camera and a new class of digital signal processing and machine learning algorithms that use combined spatial and temporal information to enable intelligent sensors for tactical military applications.
Neuromorphic describes silicon circuits that mimic brain operation; it exhibits low latency, sparse output, and extreme energy efficiency. Neuromorphic cameras offer sparse output, and respond only to changes in the scene, with accompanying low latency and low power for small-format cameras in sparse scenes.

Related: Artificial intelligence and machine learning in signal processing become the intelligence analyst's friends
Event-based imaging sensors operate asynchronously, and only transmit data from pixels that have changed, so they produce 100 times less data in sparse scenes than traditional focal plane arrays (FPAs). This leads to 100x lower latency at 100x lower power.
Despite their inherent advantages, existing event-based cameras are not compatible with military applications because military images are cluttered and dynamic. The FENCE program seeks to develop an integrated event-based infrared focal plan array with embedded digital signal processing to overcome these challenges.
The FENCE program's primary focus is on developing an asynchronous read-out integrated circuit (ROIC) capable of very low latency and power operation, and a new, low-latency event-based infrared sensor with in-pixel processing.
The project also will develop a low-power processing layer that integrates with the ROIC to identify relevant spatial and temporal signals. The ROIC and the processing layer together will enable an integrated FENCE sensor that can operate on less power than 1.5 Watts.
Related: The coming revolution in sensor and signal processing
The FENCE program will last for four years, and DARPA researchers issued their broad agency announcement for the project last October. Raytheon may not be the only FENCE contractor, as DARPA officials say they plan to award contracts to several companies.
On this contract Raytheon will do the work in Goleta and El Segundo, Calif.; Cambridge and Tewksbury, Mass.; McKinney, Texas; Tempe, Ariz.; and New York City, and should be finished by May 2025.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
This link should work.

This is about Raytheon Intelligence & Space on their Third Gen FLIR. Speaking of Raytheon, look what I stumbled across.

Raytheon to develop smart sensors, machine learning, and digital signal processing for military targeting​

June 18, 2021
Raytheon will develop an event-based camera, digital signal processing, and machine learning for smart sensors in tactical military applications.
John Keller

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/print/content/14205416

Smart Sensors 18 June 2021

ARLINGTON, Va. – Sensors experts at Raytheon Technologies Corp. will develop a new kind of camera and digital signal processing to enable electro-optical smart sensors for tactical military applications.
Officials of the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) in Arlington, Va., announced an $8.8 million contract Wednesday to the Raytheon Intelligence & Space segment in El Segundo, Calif., for the Fast Event-based Neuromorphic Camera and Electronics (FENCE) project.
FENCE seeks to develop and demonstrate a low-latency, low-power, event-based camera and a new class of digital signal processing and machine learning algorithms that use combined spatial and temporal information to enable intelligent sensors for tactical military applications.
Neuromorphic describes silicon circuits that mimic brain operation; it exhibits low latency, sparse output, and extreme energy efficiency. Neuromorphic cameras offer sparse output, and respond only to changes in the scene, with accompanying low latency and low power for small-format cameras in sparse scenes.

Related: Artificial intelligence and machine learning in signal processing become the intelligence analyst's friends
Event-based imaging sensors operate asynchronously, and only transmit data from pixels that have changed, so they produce 100 times less data in sparse scenes than traditional focal plane arrays (FPAs). This leads to 100x lower latency at 100x lower power.
Despite their inherent advantages, existing event-based cameras are not compatible with military applications because military images are cluttered and dynamic. The FENCE program seeks to develop an integrated event-based infrared focal plan array with embedded digital signal processing to overcome these challenges.
The FENCE program's primary focus is on developing an asynchronous read-out integrated circuit (ROIC) capable of very low latency and power operation, and a new, low-latency event-based infrared sensor with in-pixel processing.
The project also will develop a low-power processing layer that integrates with the ROIC to identify relevant spatial and temporal signals. The ROIC and the processing layer together will enable an integrated FENCE sensor that can operate on less power than 1.5 Watts.
Related: The coming revolution in sensor and signal processing
The FENCE program will last for four years, and DARPA researchers issued their broad agency announcement for the project last October. Raytheon may not be the only FENCE contractor, as DARPA officials say they plan to award contracts to several companies.
On this contract Raytheon will do the work in Goleta and El Segundo, Calif.; Cambridge and Tewksbury, Mass.; McKinney, Texas; Tempe, Ariz.; and New York City, and should be finished by May 2025.

Many thanks @Bravo let us hope it is not your last act of defiance against the state. 😂 FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Labsy

Regular
They should have named it Harpakazi.

This seems quite scary, but HOPEFULLY can serve as a major detractor from waging war completely.

I can foresee a defense system employing thousands of very small randomly swarming drones that loiter above radar units and act as mobile air mines for loitering HARPY drones.
Yes, war technology will get smaller and more accurate. It will pass human capabilities. Imagine sending off drones to target the origin of artillery fire as a defence mechanism. Imagine ai driven "Iron dome" defence capabilities for cities living under threat of bombardment. Imagine sensors able to detect explosive compounds communicating with drones in large crowds as a defence against terrorist acts.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

robsmark

Regular
Agreed. We are now in the second half of a year of which we were promised revenue and deals. I’m sure it’s happening, but we need to see some more customers to develop the SP.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

newpunta

Regular
Not a doubt in my mind and clearly just only my opinion.
I only watched the last hour and will presume the previous 5 hours today was very similar.
The only sellers were the same people buying .......... just hope real buyers are getting in and taking advantage.

I am more laid back about the manipulation lately ......... not cos i am getting used to this but COS thanks to the thousand eyes quality posts.

I have NO DOUBT where Brainchip is going ......... beyond where any man/woman or neutral have EVER BIN.
Just my opinion ;)
😁😁

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
F

Filobeddo

Autonomous arms race is underway.
Fire and forget weaponry is being born... :/
"Only AI can keep up with AI against drone swams" DW news...

Interesting post @Labsy

Ukraine could do with a few of those Harpy launchers right now, they would tip the balance very quickly

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom