BRN Discussion Ongoing

They acknowledged they sent the message and said it was an error and all they can do is "apologise and say that we're sorry"
I got a bit stroppy with them and a complaint has been made.

They say they haven't been hacked and it's "just an internal error"..

I expressed my concerns about what other "internal" errors could be happening..

It wasn't a small amount of money, they were telling me was in deficit.
Just as well. I was about to blame SHAREMAN or MILO:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
So if that's case Akida has to be in snapdragon otherwise we'll be in trouble one would think 🤔
Not where Mercedes Benz is concerned as they have a stated position of developing their own semiconductor suite. This Snapdragon is not a chip but a universal platform too which the Automotive maker can connect its semiconductors and those licensed from others.

One manufacturer is not going to take all the automotive market. Mercedes Benz is using at least Brainchip, Nvidia, Valeo, Cerence. Qualcomm etc;

The only one able to deploy neuromorphic computing at scale as described by Mercedes Benz would need to be Ai experts.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
Just as well. I was about to blame SHAREMAN or MILO:LOL:
Of course we are assuming Dingo spoke to the real Commsec and his call was not being intercepted because they have taken control of his phone. 😂🤣😂🤡😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Quercuskid

Regular
"...Milo (died 48 BC) was a Roman political agitator. The son of Gaius Papius Celsus, he was adopted by his maternal grandfather, Titus Annius Luscus. In 52 BC, he was prosecuted for the murder of Publius Clodius Pulcher and exiled from Rome. He was unsuccessfully defended by his friend, Marcus Tullius Cicero, in the speech Pro Milone."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titus_Annius_Milo

Milo also led a mob to control the streets. A tragic character.
You sure you didn't make those names up lol! Maybe the brother of glutius maximus and bigus dickus

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

TopCat

Regular

Perhaps

Regular
As most people only read the main thread, just try this, forwarding to the Renesas thread:

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
As most people only read the main thread, just try this, forwarding to the Renesas thread:

They are only $90. I'm buying one if it's confirmed that Akida is inside!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Just wanted to revisit this Samsung announcement again. In another article I noticed it says Samsung will "collaborate with global partners to implement industry-leading central processing unit (CPU) and graphics processing unit (GPU) at the same time. They are also planning to develop an ultra-high-pixel image sensor close to the human eye and a sensor that detects and implements the five senses."

I highlighted "a sensor" (singular) because it indicates they're intending on developing a sensor that is capable of processing all five sensor modalities, which is obviously not the same as developing different sensors to process different senses.

Then I remembered there was a Rob Telson podcast (link below) in which he describes why Akida is so unique in it's ability in this regard.

Does anyone know of any other processor that is commercially available which is capable of mimicking the 5 senses like AKIDA?

View attachment 20967
View attachment 20969
View attachment 20970

Hi Bravo,

This looks like the "ultra-high-pixel image sensor".

WO2022203447A1 ELECTRONIC DEVICE COMPRISING IMAGE SENSOR AND OPERATING METHOD THEREFOR

The dynamic range (DR) of a digital image is defined as the ratio of the brightest pixel values to the darkest pixel values in the image. The human visual perception system can handle higher DR than a typical digital camera or monitor. Therefore, it may be difficult for the electronic device to acquire or express an image recognized by a human as it is. An image having a DR greater than a DR that an electronic device can generally handle is referred to as a high dynamic range (HDR) image. An HDR image may have a wider DR than an image acquired with a general digital camera.

1667381433812.png

The dynamic range (DR) of a digital image is defined as the ratio of the brightest pixel values to the darkest pixel values in the image. The human visual perception system can handle higher DR than a typical digital camera or monitor. Therefore, it may be difficult for the electronic device to acquire or express an image recognized by a human as it is. An image having a DR greater than a DR that an electronic device can generally handle is referred to as a high dynamic range (HDR) image. An HDR image may have a wider DR than an image acquired with a general digital camera.

Referring to FIG. 17 , the camera module 1680 includes a lens assembly 1710 , a flash 1720 , an image sensor 1730 , an image stabilizer 1740 , a memory 1750 (eg, a buffer memory), or an image signal processor. (1760). The lens assembly 1710 may collect light emitted from a subject, which is an image to be captured. Lens assembly 1710 may include one or more lenses. According to an embodiment, the camera module 1680 may include a plurality of lens assemblies 1710 . In this case, the camera module 1680 may form, for example, a dual camera, a 360 degree camera, or a spherical camera. Some of the plurality of lens assemblies 1710 may have the same lens properties (eg, angle of view, focal length, auto focus, f number, or optical zoom), or at least one lens assembly may be a different lens assembly. It may have one or more lens properties that are different from the lens properties of . The lens assembly 1710 may include, for example, a wide-angle lens or a telephoto lens.

The flash 1720 may emit light used to enhance light emitted or reflected from the subject. According to an embodiment, the flash 1720 may include one or more light emitting diodes (eg, a red-green-blue (RGB) LED, a white LED, an infrared LED, or an ultraviolet LED), or a xenon lamp. The image sensor 1730 may acquire an image corresponding to the subject by converting light emitted or reflected from the subject and transmitted through the lens assembly 1710 into an electrical signal. According to an embodiment, the image sensor 1730 is, for example, one image sensor selected from among image sensors having different properties, such as an RGB sensor, a black and white (BW) sensor, an IR sensor, or a UV sensor, the same It may include a plurality of image sensors having properties, or a plurality of image sensors having different properties. Each image sensor included in the image sensor 1730 may be implemented using, for example, a charged coupled device (CCD) sensor or a complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) sensor.

Rods and cones?

Looks like they have various different types of pixels specifically designed for IR, colour, UV, B&W in little clusters on the photoreceptor.

I tend to think that inflationary pressures suppressing industry and the demise of Argo may well play into BRNs hands in the longer run. I see an opportunity for the right technology in the right place at the right time. And Akida is the right technology imo, it’s cheap and scales well as IP, it’s the only real edge choice atm and I think with a suppressed market and the need to keep moving ADAS and level 3 automation ahead, that industry will gravitate towards a modular autonomous solution of necessary components making up what is required. I think this has happened with software in the past (many times) and now it will be forced upon software defined car manufacturers to reduce the amount of reinventing in development they do in favour of purchasing more generic modular solutions - to speed up adoption. I think Akida will be part of this why? Not because I’m a biased shareholder but because Akida scales and will be cheaper and faster to implement. I think that eventually there will be maybe 2 or 3 major autonomous vehicle platforms adopted by the whole of industry and each will utilise Akida technology - fulfilling the companies ambition for Akida to be the defacto standard for car edge AI. AIMO.
Agree I believe brn is the only company I believe that will make me genuinely rich. I can’t even think of anything else in the market that will. Obviously I’m invested in other things and have a huge watch list but nothing makes more sense

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
I honestly don't care about the money. I just want Brainchip to succeed to make this tosser look like even more of a tosser than he already looks!!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Baisyet

Regular
connections do wonder.. Our partners Partner hmm

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
I honestly don't care about the money. I just want Brainchip to succeed to make this tosser look like even more of a tosser than he already looks!!
No point giving these peasants any airtime.

Reactions: 6 users
No point giving these peasants any airtime.
They are proper fools articles are probably written by unknowsoldier and pigsmayfly. Always makes me laugh when we have our run ups. I remember back in the day I made a bet with dawgfather that I would absolutely belt him when we hit $1 and I spammed the f out of hotcrapper tagging him when we hit it. The best feeling ever

Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Just wanted to revisit this Samsung announcement again. In another article I noticed it says Samsung will "collaborate with global partners to implement industry-leading central processing unit (CPU) and graphics processing unit (GPU) at the same time. They are also planning to develop an ultra-high-pixel image sensor close to the human eye and a sensor that detects and implements the five senses."

I highlighted "a sensor" (singular) because it indicates they're intending on developing a sensor that is capable of processing all five sensor modalities, which is obviously not the same as developing different sensors to process different senses.

Then I remembered there was a Rob Telson podcast (link below) in which he describes why Akida is so unique in it's ability in this regard.

Does anyone know of any other processor that is commercially available which is capable of mimicking the 5 senses like AKIDA?

View attachment 20967
View attachment 20969
View attachment 20970

I haven't found a Samsung patent for the multi-sense sensor, but this one is for a sensor which can be partitioned ...

US9832370B2 Cognitive sensor and method of operating of the same

1667384733567.png

[0057] The cognitive circuit unit 150 may be configured to specify an area of interest based on all-area sensed data transmitted from the signal processing unit 140 . The cognitive circuit unit 150 may be embodied based on artificial intelligence technologies known in the art. For example, the cognitive circuit unit 150 may be a neural network, such as a digital convolution neural network (CNN) or an analog-like/analog CNN, or a neuromorphic circuit, such as a Spike neuromorphic circuit or a rate neuromorphic circuit.

... but now I've found one:

WO2021125507A1 ELECTRONIC DEVICE AND METHOD FOR CONTROLLING SAME

1667385220982.png

An electronic device and a method for controlling an electronic device are disclosed. The electronic device comprises: a first sensor for detecting sound; a second sensor for detecting a user's location; a memory in which a plurality of items of sound source data, which occur in different situations, are stored; and a processor which, when the first sensor detects the sound, identifies sound source data matching the detected sound, identifies the user's location on the basis of data received from the second sensor, and recognizes the user's action on the basis of the sound source data and the user's location.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Diogenese

Top 20

"
In respect to rival technology, global giants Nvidia and Qualcomm, among others, are targeting the same ‘edge’ market with their Jetson and Snapdragon products. In respect to Nvidia, the tech giant recently commented:

At GTC 2022, NVIDIA announced the Jetson Orin Nano series of system-on-modules (SOMs). They deliver up to 80X the AI performance of NVIDIA Jetson Nano and set the new standard for entry-level edge AI and robotics applications.
"
... and last for 20 seconds on a flashlight battery:

DATA SHEET NVIDIA Jetson Orin NX Series Ampere GPU + ARM Cortex-A78AE CPU + LPDDR:

Operating Requirements Temp. Range (TJ)*: -25°C – 90°C | Supported Power Input: 5V – 20V Jetson Orin NX 16GB Modes: 10W | 15W | 25W Jetson Orin NX 8GB Modes: 10W | 15W | 20W

Oh! - Here's something new - Nvidia spends more on R&D than BrainChip does ...
but that's not all,- - if Akida were any good Nvidia would have bought it.

1.9.9 Fan
The Jetson Orin NX includes a Pulse Width Modulator (PWM) and Tachometer functionality to enable fan control as part of a thermal solution. The PWM controller is a frequency divider with a varying pulse width. The PWM runs off a device clock programmed in the Clock and Reset controller and can be any frequency up to the device clock maximum speed of 48 MHz. The PWM gets divided by 256 before being subdivided based on a programmable value.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Oh! - Here's something new - Nvidia spends more on R&D than BrainChip does ...
What all those clowns fail to point out (presumably to suit their own agendas) when they repeatedly say "large company x" spends more on R&D each year than BRN, is what proportion of the budget is spent directly on neuromorphic compute?

They make it sound impossible that an up and coming company could blow an established one out of the water. If that were true, then we'd all still be creating fires with rubbing sticks.

At best, their commentary is extremely misleading, uninformed, and made all the more worse for the fact that they are (at this time) permitted by law to write this crap.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Diogenese

Top 20
What all those clowns fail to point out (presumably to suit their own agendas) when they repeatedly say "large company x" spends more on R&D each year than BRN, is what proportion of the budget is spent directly on neuromorphic compute?

They make it sound impossible that an up and coming company could blow an established one out of the water. If that were true, then we'd all still be creating fires with rubbing sticks.

At best, their commentary is extremely misleading, uninformed, and made all the more worse for the fact that they are (at this time) permitted by law to write this crap.

" If that were true, then we'd all still be creating fires with rubbing sticks." - There's another way?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users

TECH

Regular
Tonight, I have only one thing to say.

This is an unbelievable opportunity to get some shares in our ever-developing company.

Did I personally believe that 62c or even potentially 50c would ever be seen again in 2022? Absolutely not!

But the truth is, you just can't have a market cap as we did, reality sets in at some point, checks and balances have to emerge, and they have at present, and that's ok, don't fret, take a deep breath and relax.

BUT know this.... we are right on track to commercialization.

Our company is in such a strong position currently, just look at our staff, we are the best "equipped" company to take the world into the next generation of technology, it's disruptive, sure, it's hard to change habits, it's hard to change comfort zones, but a change is coming, the wind is picking up, and who's at the forefront of this change, yes that's right, us and all our partners who have been on this journey of discovery for a number of years, products are coming, IP deals will be signed.

Trust me, I'm not a Politician, I'm just a realist who thinks Brainchip's Brain Power is centralized here in Perth, Australia. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::geek:

Cheers Tech x

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 65 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
" If that were true, then we'd all still be creating fires with rubbing sticks." - There's another way?
Rig your car up with a few GPU's in the boot. That ought'a do it.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Rig your car up with a few GPU's in the boot. That ought'a do it.

The RTX 4090s are literally catching on fire, higher R&D budget my a$$, these GPUs literally cost more than some people’s rent in Sydney for the month

Attachments

• 3346E373-8F13-44D1-9564-24B1A6AB94CD.png
    3346E373-8F13-44D1-9564-24B1A6AB94CD.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom