BRN Discussion Ongoing

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
  • Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 17 users
It's BRCHF of $0.75 US = $1.17 AUD

Learning
Yes so can we ensure no sales are made for less than $1.17 please.

Thank you.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Yes so can we ensure no sales are made for less than $1.17 please.

Thank you.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
That's a big YES from me.

Learning

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Ok this is my final comment on this issue as well. My original post questioned this following statement in No.5 and I asked you to point to the source.
View attachment 20925
Now you are saying the source is 2019 AGM presentation. There is nothing that supports the following statement in that presentation even remotely, Akida 1000 was not even available in 2019 and we were not partners with EDGE Impulse in 2019.

Secondly I see that my post has been removed without giving any reason. I didn't do anything wrong to my knowledge. @zeeb0t what sort of moderation is this?
On the other hand, some great posts from BRN superheroes are still here that supports very healthy discussion and this is just from past couple of days. No wonder some good posters are no longer posting here.

View attachment 20928

View attachment 20929

View attachment 20930

Finally, it looks like some founding members and superheroes have put on some hats. I'm sincerely sorry if my one post a day made you upset because that was not my intention. I was merely looking for suggestions from the veterans here to prove my innocence but some of you guys must be feeling so insecure to have deleted that. Anyway keep up the good work and keep things interesting with more rockets and memes like above.

Cheers and good luck to all of you. (Including founding members and superheroes, I mean that)

Behzad Benam
Behzad Benam
Sep 16
·
2 min read

Optimizing System Resources by Using Neuromorphic Computing​

Neuromorphic systems will replace GPUs in the future​

Spiking Neural Networks (SNN) are artificial neural networks based on biological knowledge to optimize the resources required to run machine learning algorithms. They are very similar to biological neural networks and the mechanism of brain operation.

The human brain has about 100 billion neurons and hundreds of trillions of connections. The fastest GPUs with the same network size require about half a gigawatt power. Therefore, we need to reduce the power consumption of machine learning algorithm execution, which is one of the barriers to realizing humanoid robot technology. Neuromorphic computing takes the human brain as a reference to optimize resources for machine learning algorithms.

Energy efficiency​

Neuromorphic technology is more power efficient than GPU-based artificial neural networks. Energy consumption is a crucial issue for large networks. Neuromorphic computing aims to mimic our brain's low-power computing ability. Due to the low power consumption of neuromorphic hardware, measuring power consumption is challenging and requires a new strategy.

Traditional computer architecture, known as von Neumann architecture, physically separated the system into memory units, central processing units, and other units. This separation causes power inefficiency and is a significant limitation for the future of computing systems. The human brain behaves differently because we know that memory and control units in our brain are not separate, and both are together.

Self-organizing and self-learning​

Neuromorphic computing can solve uncertainties by learning new subjects like the human brain. Recently presented approaches in robotics can create new algorithms. The neuromorphic architecture is not as dependent on high-quality training data as deep neural networks.

Execution performance​

According to Moore's Law, the number of transistors in a microchip doubles every two years. Although Moore's Law is not entirely correct and the speed of doubling transistors has changed, based on new research, neuromorphic computing is a way to keep Moore's Law still true.

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 9.02.07 am.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Yak, I have been reading lots of your post before and couldn’t find your post for a while then today i tried again. I noted your frustration around the shorting on brn. Wonder if it is ok to share how much shorts have been closed to date.
Hi @Baracuda ...that post you are replying to is from July 29th ! @Yak52 has not posted for some time now .... But I think he still 'observes'

Edit ..... Please feel free to share your info!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

TopCat

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

What do electrical engineers do?​

engineering students behind laptop

Harness the Power of Electricity​

Electrical engineers create, design and manage electricity to help power the world. They are problem-solvers who study and apply the physics and mathematics of electricity, electromagnetism and electronics to both large- and small-scale systems to process information and transmit energy. Electrical engineers work with all kinds of electronic devices which transform society, from the smallest pocket devices to large power stations and supercomputers.
At UNSW School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications, we help our students learn through a combination of design and lab work. This mix of theory and practical application helps students visualise concepts and apply their ideas in real-life situations. Students learn to do what an electrical engineer does day-to-day: analyse and diagnose a problem and develop an innovative solution.

Electrical Engineering Industries​

Electrical engineers mostly work with large-scale electrical systems such as motor control and power generation and transmission. They use a diverse range of technologies, from the lighting and wiring of buildings, to design of household appliances, telecommunication systems, electrical power stations and satellite communications. In the emerging field of microelectronics, electrical engineers design or develop electrical systems and circuits in computers and mobile devices.
Graduates however aren’t just limited to these industries. Our degrees are structured in ways that encourage analytical thinking, help master time management and ensure students are technically proficient. Because of this, electrical engineers from UNSW are in high demand even in areas such as:
  • Renewable energy
  • Global Positioning System (GPS) technologies
  • Mobile networking
  • Banking
  • Finance
  • Arts
  • Management
  • Consulting”
Electrical Engineers are pretty impressive people don’t you think?

They are clearly highly intelligent and capable of in-depth research in the above stated areas and would be tuned into a range of on line professional services where they could access all sorts of technical and scientific information that the lay person would not have access to.

Fact Finder a recognised technophobe and retired lawyer with no background in the sciences beyond high school only has access to what he finds on line and what Brainchip releases and of course to a brilliant retired consulting engineer @Diogenese.

You might think therefore that a brilliant electrical engineer of the type described above by the University of NSW could do a whole lot better by this group than simply stating “I don’t believe you” as a rebuttal argument to Fact Finder who is doing no more than parroting back what has been publicly stated by others similarly skilled in the art as the electrical engineer.

Now of course as Fact Finder has never been privy to an intellectual debate between electrical engineers skilled in the art of neuromorphic computing perhaps this is how it is done.

One states a theory and the other responds “I don’t believe you” and the other says “Ok I must be wrong” then they all go to the pub.

My error in this has been to cause Fact Finder to believe such arguments would be more like legal debates where one lawyer states a proposition put forward by the superior court and the other lawyer responds with a contrary position supported by another superior court. But of course this is the law and not science.

The thing that we all know is that on the Brainchip website there is free access to the Meta TF which allows you to explore the AKIDA technology revolution in the privacy of your own electrical engineering workshop and also direct questions to Brainchip engineers???

The other thing we all know is that though the AKD1000 chip was not available in 2019 the AKIDA IP was released to select early access customers from around July, 2019 and was being implemented in an FPGA for internal purposes.

We also know that laying around in Peter van der Made’s lab was Studio and Studio Accelerator both being earlier iterations of the AKIDA technology.

Though not skilled in the art I think it is reasonable to accept that Peter van der Made the inventor of the AKIDA technology had access to sufficient material to make statements about what his AKIDA technology could do.

So it might be thought that the blistering response from the electrical engineer that ‘na na’ he did not have AKD1000 in 2019 fails to live up to even cursory examination.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
Behzad Benam
Behzad Benam
Sep 16
·
2 min read

Optimizing System Resources by Using Neuromorphic Computing​

Neuromorphic systems will replace GPUs in the future​

Spiking Neural Networks (SNN) are artificial neural networks based on biological knowledge to optimize the resources required to run machine learning algorithms. They are very similar to biological neural networks and the mechanism of brain operation.

The human brain has about 100 billion neurons and hundreds of trillions of connections. The fastest GPUs with the same network size require about half a gigawatt power. Therefore, we need to reduce the power consumption of machine learning algorithm execution, which is one of the barriers to realizing humanoid robot technology. Neuromorphic computing takes the human brain as a reference to optimize resources for machine learning algorithms.

Energy efficiency​

Neuromorphic technology is more power efficient than GPU-based artificial neural networks. Energy consumption is a crucial issue for large networks. Neuromorphic computing aims to mimic our brain's low-power computing ability. Due to the low power consumption of neuromorphic hardware, measuring power consumption is challenging and requires a new strategy.

Traditional computer architecture, known as von Neumann architecture, physically separated the system into memory units, central processing units, and other units. This separation causes power inefficiency and is a significant limitation for the future of computing systems. The human brain behaves differently because we know that memory and control units in our brain are not separate, and both are together.

Self-organizing and self-learning​

Neuromorphic computing can solve uncertainties by learning new subjects like the human brain. Recently presented approaches in robotics can create new algorithms. The neuromorphic architecture is not as dependent on high-quality training data as deep neural networks.

Execution performance​

According to Moore's Law, the number of transistors in a microchip doubles every two years. Although Moore's Law is not entirely correct and the speed of doubling transistors has changed, based on new research, neuromorphic computing is a way to keep Moore's Law still true.

View attachment 20952

WOW.

Peter van der Made may have been speaking the truth at the AGM in 2019 when he addressed shareholders.

WOW.

Maybe this is why an electrical engineer was not prepared to do his own research???

Wolves in sheep clothing???

My opinion only DYOR as @Bravo does many thanks.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Damo4

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Dhm

Regular
Is anyone else tuned in to the Uni of Western Sydney Neurpmorphic Seminar? My past interaction with them led me to believe that they haven't used Akida, but that was over 3 months ago.

The event is being recorded so later on I will post a link for anyone to watch. I am working so the seminar is in the background. I have already fired a question to them:
Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 10.20.45 am.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users
WOW.

Peter van der Made may have been speaking the truth at the AGM in 2019 when he addressed shareholders.

WOW.

Maybe this is why an electrical engineer was not prepared to do his own research???

Wolves in sheep clothing???

My opinion only DYOR as @Bravo does many thanks.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I have mentioned my memory before and how it plagues my life but was a valuable asset in my past careers.

Well that pesky memory thing is at play again and so in the interest of fairness and balance I thought I should give the final word to Milo:

“2. Akida is an AI chip and I think here he means that Akida can be used to process all the sensor data of the car. That doesn't mean Akida can outperform a GPU in areas the GPU's are good at. Do you think Akida can replace a GPU and able to handle the graphics you see in modern cars? Can Akida PCIe board replace a GPU and run modern games? If that were the case our Market cap won't be this by now.” - Milo

So fellow shareholders as Milo has stated AKIDA being able to replace GPUs the current market cap is no where near what it should be and Milo agrees with me that Brainchip is ridiculously oversold and under priced.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Lex555

Regular
Is anyone else tuned in to the Uni of Western Sydney Neurpmorphic Seminar? My past interaction with them led me to believe that they haven't used Akida, but that was over 3 months ago.

The event is being recorded so later on I will post a link for anyone to watch. I am working so the seminar is in the background. I have already fired a question to them:
View attachment 20960
Hey DHM do you have a link to seminar, can’t find it

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Interesting...

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 10.29.44 am.png

• Fire
  • Thinking

TopCat

Regular

View attachment 20960
The only link I’ve ever found to them was Prophesee

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Dhm

Regular

View attachment 20960
The reply was as I expected......no. The manner of the presenters verbal response led me to believe that they are unsure of our suite of products and disruption. The presentation showed a rocket launch whereby the word Prophesee was shown as a camera system. I will win no friends by repeatedly bombarding them with further Brainchip questions.

@Fact Finder perhaps you might want to send the link to TD when it is published later on. He may want to offer the university some info about how ahead of the field we are.

• Fire
  • Love

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
I have to wait a couple of days for the transfer from cash to my trading account. Its cumbersome I know but I haven't had the balls to go to a SMSF just yet. I'm pretty sure that Aussie Super allows you to buy any share in the ASX300.
Good luck.
Am now back up to my 20% threshold. Like a Stingray stealing my crab bait I was able to hoover up another 43,000 shares.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 38 users

Diogenese

Top 20

View attachment 20960
Hi dhm,

UWS get a guernsey in Prophesee's Community page:

https://www.prophesee.ai/prophesee-inventors-community/

If memory serves, UWS had a camera aboard a recent NASA launch, but the data was transmitted to earth for processing.

https://www.prophesee.ai/space-situational-awareness-event-based-vision

WORLD FIRST NEUROMORPHIC INSPIRED MOBILE TELESCOPE OBSERVATORY FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE SPACE SITUATIONAL AWARENESS

The growing reliance on satellites has led to an increased risk in collisions between space objects. Accurate detection and tracking of satellites has become crucial.

Astrosite, a world first neuromorphic-inspired mobile telescope observatory developed by the International Centre for Neuromorphic Systems (ICNS) at Western Sydney University is using Event-Based sensing as a more efficient and low-power alternative for Space Situational Awareness.

The Astrosite is a mobile observatory that uses Event-Based Vision in a new telescope system. This allows the system to only collect information when something changes in its field of view – i.e. when a satellite or other object is detected.

This results in far less data being processed than taking a series of snapshots. The high dynamic range that Prophesee’s Metavision Event-Based Vision sensor delivers allows for observation of space even during the daytime.

Western Sydney University has established the International Centre for Neuromorphic Systems (ICNS) – the only dedicated neuromorphic laboratory in Australia – as a home and global hub for leading researchers and students in this increasingly important field. The work of ICNS encompasses all three essential components of data-based decision-making systems, as their vision is to perform world-leading research to develop neuromorphic sensors, algorithms, and processors, and apply them to solve problems in modern societ
y.

I suppose WA is not really part of Australia?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom