BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
I would be wonderful but I highly doubt that AKIDA IP has been integrated so fast 8 months after the EQxx was released as a concept car. Late 2023 - 24 would be a more likely scenario in my opinion.
Hi TT,

The issue with your hypothesis is that the wide screen was also premiered in the EQXX.

Would it be more difficult to include the brains with the display?

@Sirod69 My half-full glass view would plump for the proper electronics behind the screen.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Iseki

Regular
FWIW, this article came out today. It focuses on Intel/Loihi, and it mentions Brainchip toward the end:

"Lava is an open source framework with permissive licenses, so the expectation is that other neuromorphic chip makers—which include IBM, Qualcomm, and BrainChip—will port Lava to their own frameworks. It’s not proprietary, although Intel is the biggest contributor to it, Davies said."

Anyone care to comment?

It's complete bunkum.

You can put in hardware that costs $10 and uses milliwatts of power, what otherwise would take a $5000 dollar i7 + GPU and 400 Watts of power to simulate in real time.

as an example

Every CD/DVD player has in it a small piece of hardware ( a chip) that can code the data (Hamming Codes) so that scratches and bad data can be recovered in real time as the disc is played. That chip costs $2. DVD players cost $50. Everyone has a couple. Without that chip you would need an i7 etc in every DVD player. That's where we're aiming with Akida. Every sensor manufacturer will need the Akida IP in hardware, just as every DVD player needs the chip that runs a hamming coder.

That's why it's important to be first to market, and available to every manufacturer, including the assistance to manufactures and being a part of all chip designer's ecosystem. Or as many as you can be.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users

JB49

Regular
Any update on the megachips report?

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Jumpchooks

Regular

1664801221484.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

Slade

Top 20
Surely BrainChip is a part of this.

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users
Surely BrainChip is a part of this.

Maybe have via our podcast instead :)

Media Alert: BrainChip Discusses Advanced Vision Systems with Luca Verre on Latest 'This is our Mission' Podcast​

Monday, October 3, 2022 9:00 AM
BrainChip Holdings Limited/ADR

Share this Article
Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on Linkedin
Topic:

Company Update
LAGUNA HILLS, CA / ACCESSWIRE / October 3, 2022 / BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX:BRN, OTCQX:BRCHF, ADR:BCHPY), the world's first commercial producer of neuromorphic AI IP, today announced that Luca Verre, CEO and co-founder of PROPHESEE, is the featured guest on the 20th episode of the "This is our Mission" podcast. He joins BrainChip Vice President of Ecosystem and Partnerships Rob Telson to discuss overcoming roadblocks of computer vision by improving the speed, performance, efficiency and safety through neuromorphic engineering. The podcast will be available Tuesday, October 4, 2022, at 3 p.m. PDT on BrainChip's website and across popular podcast platforms.
PROPHESEE has developed a breakthrough event-based approach to machine vision. This new vision category allows for significant reductions of power, latency and data processing requirements to reveal what was invisible to traditional frame-based sensors until now. PROPHESEE'S patented Metavision® sensors and algorithms mimic how the human eye and brain work to dramatically improve efficiency in areas such as autonomous vehicles, industrial automation, IoT, mobile and AR/VR.
"The successful growth and future development of PROPHESEE's vision system technology will lead to a fundamental shift in the way that we incorporate AI enhancing applications such as automotive, industrial, and consumer electronics, which will directly impact our daily lives," said Telson." I'm excited for listeners to understand how combining PROPHESEE's and BrainChip's neuromorphic platforms creates a unique vertical stack that amplifies the commercial implementation of AI with remarkable inference performance and ultra-low power consumption."
The "This is Our Mission" podcast provides AI industry insight to listeners including users, developers, analysts, technical and financial press, and investors. Past episodes are available at https://brainchipinc.com/brainchip-podcasts.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 77 users

Slade

Top 20
Maybe have via our podcast instead :)

Media Alert: BrainChip Discusses Advanced Vision Systems with Luca Verre on Latest 'This is our Mission' Podcast​

Monday, October 3, 2022 9:00 AM

Share this Article
Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on Linkedin
Topic:

Company Update
LAGUNA HILLS, CA / ACCESSWIRE / October 3, 2022 / BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX:BRN, OTCQX:BRCHF, ADR:BCHPY), the world's first commercial producer of neuromorphic AI IP, today announced that Luca Verre, CEO and co-founder of PROPHESEE, is the featured guest on the 20th episode of the "This is our Mission" podcast. He joins BrainChip Vice President of Ecosystem and Partnerships Rob Telson to discuss overcoming roadblocks of computer vision by improving the speed, performance, efficiency and safety through neuromorphic engineering. The podcast will be available Tuesday, October 4, 2022, at 3 p.m. PDT on BrainChip's website and across popular podcast platforms.
PROPHESEE has developed a breakthrough event-based approach to machine vision. This new vision category allows for significant reductions of power, latency and data processing requirements to reveal what was invisible to traditional frame-based sensors until now. PROPHESEE'S patented Metavision® sensors and algorithms mimic how the human eye and brain work to dramatically improve efficiency in areas such as autonomous vehicles, industrial automation, IoT, mobile and AR/VR.
"The successful growth and future development of PROPHESEE's vision system technology will lead to a fundamental shift in the way that we incorporate AI enhancing applications such as automotive, industrial, and consumer electronics, which will directly impact our daily lives," said Telson." I'm excited for listeners to understand how combining PROPHESEE's and BrainChip's neuromorphic platforms creates a unique vertical stack that amplifies the commercial implementation of AI with remarkable inference performance and ultra-low power consumption."
The "This is Our Mission" podcast provides AI industry insight to listeners including users, developers, analysts, technical and financial press, and investors. Past episodes are available at https://brainchipinc.com/brainchip-podcasts.
@Fullmoonfever you have just made my day!!!! This is Exciting!!!!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users
@Fullmoonfever you have just made my day!!!! This is Exciting!!!!
Just happened to check the newsfeed same time you were posting on Prophesee and surprise....podcast haha

Should be worthwhile me thinks 😊

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Slade

Top 20
Just happened to check the newsfeed same time you were posting on Prophesee and surprise....podcast haha

Should be worthwhile me thinks 😊
Definitely! Everyone needs to wake up and read your post and get excited. Rob says "I'm excited for listeners to understand how combining PROPHESEE's and BrainChip's neuromorphic platforms creates a unique vertical stack that amplifies the commercial implementation of AI with remarkable inference performance and ultra-low power consumption."

This is a discussion with Prophsee's CEO and founder. I can't wait.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

Slade

Top 20
The Weekend Dancing GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

dippY22

Regular
I think a great deal can be learned about the reality of what is starting to develop at the Edge.

For a very long time Brainchip seemed to be a lone voice in an echo chamber but in the following extracted paragraphs it is clear that real industry traction is finally taking place at the Edge.

I posted many times that AKIDA is at the far Edge waiting for everyone else to arrive and realise that where they are pulling up is the carpark close to the road and to reach the Edge occupied by AKIDA they have a three to five year walk on rations.

“According to Werner Vogels, CTO of AWS, this shift of cloud computing toward edge computing is coming about by “the need to solve the problem of the speed of light.”

Why? Because the edge, more specifically edge devices, is where the data is being generated AND consumed, whether it is video, telemetry, photos, or documents. And if Qualcomm can help it, most processing will be done on device whether the application workload is AI inference for anomaly detection or a video game.

We can expect the convergence of edge cloud and mobile computing to be the spawning ground for applications and innovations that were not possible before. As the hyperscalers push to extend the cloud out to the “edge,” Qualcomm is uniquely positioned to meet them by wirelessly connecting the vast and rapidly growing universe of intelligent endpoint devices to the emerging edge cloud thus changing the way we design distributed applications and computing systems.

The Connected Intelligent Edge will work out great for Qualcomm if it is able to execute on its Snapdragon strategy because the edge is a diverse frontier beyond the smartphone. That is exactly where Qualcomm boldly intends to go.”

Whether Qualcomm is onboard the Brainchip Bus I know not but among all those names whose reveal we covet will be one or Moore who realise three to five years cannot be caught up over night and that there is only one straight line between two points.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

I enjoyed reading that, and more specifically this paragraph.....

" End Market Expansion – While the smartphone remains important, Qualcomm intends to leverage its single technology roadmap to enter new edge markets, most notably automotive and the expansive and diverse market opportunities of consumer and industrial IoT. The idea is to bring advanced semiconductor technologies, image and audio processing, and AI compute and Edge AI to frontier markets that will expand the company’s revenue growth opportunities."

One or more Brainchip execs have opined from time to time that Brainchip Akida will be the solution to yet unknown industry and product solutions.
I like to see big succesful companies like Qualcomm in essence say the same thing and validating the idea themselves such as in this example. So much good stuff in that small paragraph I should have bolded and highlighted the entire passage.

Previously I had thought the statement by Brainchip exec's meant brand new industries, innovations or product inventions. But now I see it can also mean companies exploring some new strategic direction for themselves as well. In a way, the company, or Qualcomm in this case, is in fact inventing itself a new product by strategically deciding to do something new they never did previously.....and gain from these new frontier markets.

It matters not that the expansion by Qualcomm may be into existing product areas that others now dominate. What matters is that for Qualcomm itself the direction is an entirely new "frontier market" for them that did not previously exist in their product portfolio. I wonder if THAT is what Rob Telson and others may have meant when saying Akida will be the answer to things that don't now exist.

The above is a matter of opinion.

Regards, dippY

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

cosors

👀
What makes us so special? now that's where our key executives have to really zero in (as they are doing) and sell the differences that set us apart from the mob, we all believe we have the best technology, the 3/5-year technological lead, BUT a potential new customer needs to fully understand WHY, before any real engagement gets off the ground.
It may not be about having the best technology but about setting standards and conquering the ecosystem. We had an exemplary narrative in the AGM and know that the board is working on exactly that.

Reminder:
"As for VHS vs BetaMax….this is a lesson in how the “best” technology sometimes
doesn’t win. Sony had the better solution with BetaMax….it was smaller, cheaper,
equivalent in quality (if not better) to VHS…and its machines were smaller and easier
to manufacture….how did they lose to VHS who would became the world
standard? Well, VHS won over all the film production companies by signing exclusive
deals. This in essence captured the market. Sony focused on everything except the
film production houses.
Moral of the story : There are always multiple angles to tech beyond just the
technology….as a board, I expect we will always press and challenge the company
on this. One method to address this is to ensure BrainChip is constantly listening to
our partners and industry at large . We should never allow ourselves to think we know
more than the space we serve."

https://news.finclear.tradecentre.io/asx/document/20220524/02524405.pdf

The board can address this far-sightedly and therefore I have no doubt that we will set the standard, expand the ecosystem and prevail. Thank you for your tireless work. I really appreciate your posts. Don't get upset but this has already been fixed. Nice to have you in our pack. ❤️

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users
Wonder if BrainChip is involved in any of these?

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users

cosors

👀
Just saw the Frankfurt price down 7.49%.

Then I saw the volume, 10 shares!

Someone’s rolling the dice 😳
Today we have a holiday. We celebrate the reunification of the divided Germany.
And since we, unlike others, have to pay for each trade I assume the small amount of a Germany peculiar savings plan ("Sparplan"). This means that someone pays a certain amount of money per month with the guarantee that the money will accumulate in the form of shares over the years. Just a guess.
Don't be surprised at the small amount. My grandmother at the time had simply put in a piggy bank. Here someone might do it with shares. And if the contractually promised deal is not complete it may perhaps come to such small quantities. Here in Germany no one trades in such small quantities because the fees outweigh the value for retailers.

___
Apparently, despite the holiday, trading did take place.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
FWIW, this article came out today. It focuses on Intel/Loihi, and it mentions Brainchip toward the end:

"Lava is an open source framework with permissive licenses, so the expectation is that other neuromorphic chip makers—which include IBM, Qualcomm, and BrainChip—will port Lava to their own frameworks. It’s not proprietary, although Intel is the biggest contributor to it, Davies said."

Anyone care to comment?

I find the title quite distracting. It seems to indicate the hardware is not important. Whereas, in fact, the hardware is of prime importance.

Sure, software will drive adoption, but the software can do nothing in the absence of the hardware. And yes, the hardware might be pretty to look at, but is useless if not put to any real world use. This is the problem I see with the lack of market acceptance of Brainchip, but us investors know the potential of Akida and just need to wait for that potential to be realized in real world products so others can also see it.

The following extract paints a more appropriate picture:
"while the hardware is important for bringing quantum and neuromorphic life to life, what will drive adoption is the accompanying software. Systems are nice to look at, but they are decorations if organizations can’t use them."

With that statement I agree whole heatedly. I have been vocal in stating that end users are struggling to understand the use cases for neuromorphic and quantum computing. Entrepreneurs are struggling to work out how they will make money out of these technologies. People are struggling to even pronounce the words. But then, end users don't need to understand the technologies. We just need some smart people (who do understand them) to create devices that become indispensable, and the rest will be history. And yes, along with the crucial underlying hardware, it will be software that brings that hardware to a real world gadget.

ANY technology could have the very same article written about it. People use microwave ovens every day but don't need to understand how the microwaves are generated, what a microwave is, how microwaves heat food, or why microwaves cook faster than a conventional oven. They don't even need to know how pressing a button on the panel communicates that instruction to the oven. But still they press the button, watch the food turn, and wait for the "ping" sound.

I see no difference in the need, nor the desire, for the average person on the street to understand quantum or neuromorphic computing, but one day in the not too distant future, we all will be using devices that utilize them, and yes that utilization is through software interacting with the hardware. The end users need understand nothing about either.

Adopting a technology is all about perceiving its usefulness, it's all about having a handy gadget that does something the user needs or wants.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Baisyet

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users
Any chance BrainChip is working with NEC on this?

View attachment 17742

This looks pretty promising from NEC! See below
Link to tweet

NEC National Security Systems EI2P Nominated in 2022 ‘ASTORS’ Awards​

By
Tammy Waitt
-
September 29, 2022

The Marine Identity Intelligence Prototype (EI2P) solution, from 2021 ‘ASTORS’ Award Winner NEC National Security Systems (NSS), Supports live stream and still photo capture of finger, face, and iris biometric data in denied, degraded, intermittent, and low bandwidth (DDIL) environments, to enroll and/or identify foreign threat actors on the move. (Courtesy of NEC NSS)

The Marine Identity Intelligence Prototype (EI2P) solution, from 2021 ‘ASTORS’ Award Winner NEC National Security Systems (NSS), supports live stream and still photo capture of facial biometric data in denied, degraded, intermittent, and low bandwidth (DDIL) environments, to enroll and/or identify foreign threat actors on the move. (Courtesy of NEC NSS)

NEC National Security Systems (NSS), the 2021 Platinum ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Award Winner for Best Federal Govt/DoD Access Control Management, is pleased to announce that its Marine Identity Intelligence Prototype is one of Multiple Products, Nominated to Compete in the 2022 ‘ASTORS’ Awards Program.​

NEC NSS is a key solution developer in creating the Marine Identity Intelligence Prototype (EI2P).

This solution requires the collection and matching of finger, face, and iris biometric data in a denied, degraded, intermittent, and low bandwidth (DDIL) environment.

Though the combat landscape has changed over the past 20 years, identity intelligence (I2) continues to play an important role.

Unfortunately, there are still service members using yesterday’s technology to support today’s mission with no clear path to updated I2 capabilities.

The United States Marine Corps (USMC) needed a next-generation identity intelligence solution, that would be a highly mobile, distributed edge computing platform system able to aggregate resources and provide communications across individual nodes without reach back to a larger data center or cloud-based resources.

Using the Marine Identity Intelligence Prototype (EI2P) developed by NEC NSS, face images are automatically captured using a helmet-mounted camera and submitted wirelessly to a lightweight, body-worn IoT device for matching, with operators being notified of the results.​

The included mesh network from Rajant Corporation, also a 2021 Platinum ‘ASTORS’ Award Winner, allows for the uploaded data and notifications to be shared across multiple operators within the team.​

NEC’s digital, body-worn solutions provide identity intelligence at the edge, combining NEC’s best-of-breed matching algorithms with cutting-edge wearable cameras.

Integrated with a low-power IoT compute device, this lightweight and portable solution constantly captures and matches biometrics locally and without the need for communications backend systems, expediting mission-critical information to users in the field.

NEC NSS developed the EI2P integrating COTS hardware with its NeoFace biometric matching algorithms. (Courtesy of NEC NSS)

NEC NSS developed the EI2P integrating COTS hardware with its NeoFace biometric matching algorithms. (Courtesy of NEC NSS)

The Marine Identity Intelligence Prototype Key Benefits Include:​

• Supports live stream and still photo capture

• Up to 100K identity records capacity

• AI edge accelerator for biometric processing

• Reliable mesh network to synchronize intelligence as its gathered

• Enroll and identify foreign threat actors in theater

• Expand security perimeter at large gatherings, identifying known threats (Do Not Admit Lists/BOLO Lists/ Person of Interest List) on the move.

NEC National Security Systems (NSS) offers integrated hardware and software solutions to support critical national security, intelligence, homeland defense, immigration, and law enforcement missions across the federal landscape.

nec nss

NEC NSS’s primary customers include the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Department of Defense (DoD), the U.S. State Department (DOS0, the U.S. Justice Department (DOJ), and the U.S. intelligence community.​

NEC NSS tools host a variety of applications in access control, scene processing, advanced analytics, as well as border and transportation security. These offerings are in high demand, especially considering the increasingly touchless, post-COVID-19 world.​

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users
Top Bottom