BrainChip + Nanose

D

Deleted member 118

Thanks for the info. Stay healthy 💪
It's a mixed bag, everyone I know here who is vaxxed have caught it but the unvaccinated have not.

The few of mates have caught it at least 2 if not 3 times. Not saying that’s all my unvaccinated mates as I know a few that ain’t

Reactions: 2 users
D

Deleted member 118

I’ve had it twice but luckily I’ve been good

Reactions: 5 users

Frangipani

Regular
I believe Covid train has left the station, hopefully they concentrate now on actual/real diseases rather than this sniffle.
Diagnosing Cancer in the early stages would be our Trump card and will save lives.

I am truly disgusted at your audacity ridiculing COVID-19 as merely a “sniffle” and claiming it is not a real disease. It may have felt just like a common cold to you personally as well as to other people you know (so count yourself lucky), but the emergence of this tiny SARS CoV-2 virus has sadly forever changed the lives of countless human beings around the globe. I perceive it as utterly disrespectful that you are laughing in the face of millions of people worldwide who have lost loved ones to COVID-19, to the thousands still dying globally week after week, fighting for their lives in ICUs as I type this, to myriads of patients who are severely suffering from Long Covid, to immunocompromised or other chronically ill people for whom a SARS CoV-2 infection continues to be potentially life-threatening.

Just because the WHO has now officially declared that COVID-19 no longer represents a global health emergency - its highest level of alert - it doesn’t mean the virus is no longer dangerous, even though fortunately hospitalisations and deaths have continually declined over the last couple of months thanks to at least temporary immunity from vaccines and infections which has also slowed down the virus’s spread as well as better treatment options. I quote Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the WHO who said in his opening remarks at the media briefing on May 5th: “The worst thing any country can do now is to use this news as a reason to let down its guard, to dismantle the systems it has built, or to send a the message to its people that COVID-19 is nothing to worry about”.

COVID-19 will remain a significant public health problem in the foreseeable future and we still know much too little about Long Covid, which one can develop even after a seemingly mild infection. The Omicron variants that have evolved in recent months have not prompted concerns about a return to early pandemic stages, but surveillance measures such as genomic sequencing of variant samples and wastewater monitoring remain important. To quote Dr. Tedros (as he likes to be called) again: “The virus is here to stay. It is still killing, and it is still changing. The risk remains of new variants emerging that cause new surges in cases and deaths.”

And after all, it is just a question of time before the next pandemic will hit us (eg if the avian influenza virus evolved over time in such a way that the genetic reshuffling would result in human-to-human transmission, a pandemic with H5N1’s virulence and mortality would likely prove far deadlier than COVID-19), so both scientists as well as politicians should have learned from our experience over the past three years and be way better prepared for the next pandemic, but much leaves to be desired in this respect IMO.

Of course developing methods for spotting cancer early is extremely important, but that does not mean diseases should be played off against each other. COVID-19 testing continues to be vital in specific settings, and hopefully commercial breathalyzers like NaNose will one day be able to sniff out both malignant tumours and infectious diseases such as COVID-19 or influenza.
So in a nutshell: Dying from COVID-19 is no less a tragedy than dying from cancer and effective testing tools for both are needed.

Brace yourself for some further remarks in The Lounge‘s “Covid Vaccination” echo chamber oops I mean thread…

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

charles2

Regular
What's your opinion on dying from Covid Vaccine?
Is it a lesser tragedy?

PS: still a sniffle. Get over it.
Dying from COVID vaccine?

Now there is a long shot.

Let’s see. I haven’t been killed by polio vaccination, DPT, tetanus, Shingrix, or COVID vaccine x 5.

Am I just lucky?

The asteroid will get me. More likely.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Damo4

Regular
I think bickering about the Covid vaccine is extremely immature, especially on a forum about Brainchip + Nanose.
Pretty sure HC has a thread for general discussion on the Covid vaccine if you're looking at arguing with people you don't know, with no foreseeable constructive outcome.
I'm sure there's one here, as people love to bicker, and if not, I suggest you make one and take this meaningless discussion there.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

charles2

Regular
My ability to respond to these posts has been curtailed because I claim to have medical expertise based upon earning an advanced degree....and thus my observations could be construed as providing investment advice....not just the more commonly expected uniformed opinion.

Seems that those with a law degree and science/engineering degrees are not so censored.

Good thing as this BRN board would be worth less without their expertise. Much less.

So I accept my censure although some besides me might question the fairness.

Cheers

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

MDhere

Regular
My ability to respond to these posts has been curtailed because I claim to have medical expertise based upon earning an advanced degree....and thus my observations could be construed as providing investment advice....not just the more commonly expected uniformed opinion.

Seems that those with a law degree and science/engineering degrees are not so censored.

Good thing as this BRN board would be worth less without their expertise. Much less.

Cheers
My title name allows me to advise this is a Brn - Nanose thread not a covid vax questionnaire.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Frangipani

Regular

Cheers

Hi @charles2

I do indeed. Favouring one group of experts over another is totally unfair IMO and not practicable anyway. While I have no reason to doubt that you are indeed an MD in real life (a retired ophthalmologist, if I recall correctly?), we should all keep in mind that this is an anonymous forum and there is no way to verify what others claim to be.
So hypothetically speaking a forum poster who is an MD but doesn’t reveal their medical background would be “providing investment advice” without being sanctioned?!
Surely those with a background in semiconductors have much more impact on the investment decisions of other BRN shareholders than an MD?
Also, what’s the point in having the disclaimer then, that comes with all our posts? “The opinions and research I share are my own and I am not licensed. External links are not recommended. To be safe, conduct your own research or seek advice from a licensed financial advisor.”

But above all, I don’t get the rationale behind all this - why should you be hindered from giving valuable input from a medical professional’s point of view that I am sure many posters here would very much appreciate, as they lack that background, and find it helpful and inspirational for their DD. After all, this is a thread about a medical device.

Isn’t the beauty of this forum that we are such a motley crew from around the globe and from all walks of life, each with their own cultural background, personal life story and professional expertise, the diversity of which should be considered an asset, a forum, united by a common interest, to which everyone contributes according to their forte?

To me it is ludicrous that someone I would call a Big Pharma conspiracy theorist is allowed to spout public health misinformation and propaganda for the very reason he is NOT an MD, whereas someone with a medical degree in real life and presumably decades of a career in a hospital, private practice or lab is deemed biased and is thus being muzzled? Seriously?! Surely, this can’t be right?

Cui bono? 🤔

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

charles2

Regular
Thank you for your thoughtful and well-crafted response.

I took the bait (silly me) and responded to an ill informed and to me dangerously misleading post. And what gives me the right to spotlight misinformation ......Maybe forty years of practice and study do on some planet count for something.

Imagine FF giving someone tacit approval by not responding to an incorrect point of law. Or Diogenese allowing someone to conflate software vs hardware generated outcomes.

In any event ZeebOt felt that I was out of line as my response (somehow) could be construed as giving professional investment advice......advice to do what about what has escaped me.

If I disappear from view be it said that I was motivated by free speech and considered opinion.

Cheers to all who want the best for Brainchip

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Zedjack33

Regular
E90E7C0A-943E-40F4-A631-C2A9B34E3E26.jpeg

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users

Frangipani

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
test % is a good as any test, my niece was tested twice with lab tests and negative..so came to xmas dinner, infected 11 of 15 family at xmas, when found postive with a RATs on day. another extended family gathering had 80% infected with one in ICU with organ failure ... they were complacent though...this is last xmas,, some now left with long covid.
nanose has been disappointing to me, as it goes back years of promise to bring something to the market for us...but nothing.
saw an ABC tv interview maybe 4 year ago, and said maybe 6months, since, 1 year to market, and still years later and ?
its all great science but where is the end result.,,, been saying stuff for near 8 years, as though it will be only months away

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
IMHO they seem to be biting off too much and trying to release their first product that does too much. I remember a news release talking of detecting several diseases along with some cancers. Yes the world needs that—but get one to market that tests for one disease first.

During the covid crisis they should have dropped ALL other research and concentrated solely on testing for Covid 19. Get the product to market, generate a revenue stream, and redirect that to researching the other diseases, and cancers, they are trying to detect.

First to market is quite often a massive feather under your cap. Microsoft is a shining example of first to market, even with an inferior product—and a product that is STILL inferior. Getting the product into customer’s hands is vital.

It is useless to release a product that is best in the world at detecting something the world has grown complacent with. As such, they may have missed the boat.

Or maybe their product simply does not work.

BrainChip really needs some product, using Akida, to get into mainstream consumption. With the passage of time, we are already hearing statements to the effect that other technologies, and work around, are GOOD ENOUGH. And that is the hard truth, good enough is usually what consumers want.

Isn’t this “Running a business 101”?
1) produce something the world needs. It only needs to be good enough!
2) market the shit out of it
3) use revenue to improve the product and repeat.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
I just thought of a corollary statement.

Are they biting off their own NaNose?

It may be too much for them to chew.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom