BET Discussion 2022

comin2getme

Reactions: 1 users

RHINO

My last buy was 32.5c
Can someone tell me ,or hazard a guess,who the genius is inside BET that thought up the buyback scheme?
Talk about pi###ing money up the wall!!!!
I mean really,they support the price in the high 40s then let it drift to 32.5!!!
They could have sat on the fence and wiped up in the low 30s ,but no,they must be drinking the kool aid!!!!!
WTF is going on????
I'm stuffed if I know.
I reckon it's getting to the point the shorters are actually starting to feel sorry for Bet.
It's like shooting fish in a barrell for them.

comin2getme

Why buy them at 40c when they can buy them at 30c? No-one outside knows the answer. Many theories. .. but they are just theories. If anyone has held for this long, why sell now. Im holding to the death 😀

fbbandco

Emerged
Rhino, I totally agree. There is no green shoots to this company at all........I have also noticed all the big swingers in this thread have been light on content, Why? are they realising management are not the movers and shakers they once thought?...........Everyone is in the dark here and it doesn't look pretty at all......The buy back is being run by armatures, like just the poor attempt at buy the TAB.
Only holding on to hopefully get my money back......

RHINO

Why buy them at 40c when they can buy them at 30c? No-one outside knows the answer. Many theories. .. but they are just theories. If anyone has held for this long, why sell now. Im holding to the death 😀
If I were the powers behind BETR why would you bother paying BET a yearly fee when the fee is looking like it will be big enough to buy the whole show?
Buy Bet out,and put the workers in the back room doing whatever it is they do.
It looks like the USA is going to be long and hard work.
Too many vested interests who don't want to see fixed odds make ground.
I think it will eventually dominate betting,as it's done here,but I'm starting to think it will be driven by another fir e other than this mob.
They are seriously embarrassing themselves in what's been going on.
On a side note about hanging on to the death,the local coffin maker is offering a 30% discount to all bet holders.
Just quote this code when applying.
"Buy in 40s and let price drift to 32"""
The incompetence is breathtaking.

Ibetfixed

Regular
Latest word is the BeTR app launch is Monday the 10th October … but don’t hold me to it !

Lattelarry

Regular
Can someone tell me ,or hazard a guess,who the genius is inside BET that thought up the buyback scheme?
Talk about pi###ing money up the wall!!!!
I mean really,they support the price in the high 40s then let it drift to 32.5!!!
They could have sat on the fence and wiped up in the low 30s ,but no,they must be drinking the kool aid!!!!!
WTF is going on????
I'm stuffed if I know.
I reckon it's getting to the point the shorters are actually starting to feel sorry for Bet.
It's like shooting fish in a barrell for them.
Most of the shorters haven't made anything yet. Some closed last time it was at .30c but compared to the number of shorts it wasn't a lot. They don't make anything until they close their short.

I have no idea how they can close 132m without driving the price way above current price. What they have achieved is creating fear in retail from a low SP. But from what I see of the company everything is going pretty well. FO and the Monmouth bets app is taking a while. But look at all those positions they are recruiting.

I would like to see them chairman a bit more active, he should be meeting with funds and selling the company story to them. Maybe he is but he's just no where near as visible as David Williams, chair for PNV who does loads of interviews with various market journalists. But it's getting some more funds buying in that will counteract the shorters. Getting some big US funds interested would completely change the game for the shorters.

Agree that I would like to see Barrenjoey buying more at thIs level given it's less than half the price they were sold to Tripp at. But they are well regarded so I'm going to wait and see what happens there. Maybe another announcement is due which has stopped them again.

Reactions: 2 users

TeddyFiles

Regular
I’m just happy we aren’t trading today. Thanks Queen Elizabeth for giving us a stay of execution from toppling our 52 week low. I would love to double down at .25 but unfortunately I’m out of bullets.

TeddyFiles

Regular
This is why we are waiting for the other tracks to come online………….NJRC meeting that was held on the 21st Sep US Time…….any day now!!! Below is a screenshot from the agenda.

View attachment 17214
Interesting. Just more of that red tape.

MICHAEL

Emerged
Yes Reg, appreciate your posts, particularly your facts and insight into the overseas operations of the business.

Hume201

Emerged
Yes Reg, you and others provide very valuable information and it’s good to sometime read other peoples interpretation of facts and figures.

TeddyFiles

Regular
Does anyone think these forums are worthwhile?
Yep. Over here is for real talk Hot Flogger for a bit of comedic entertainment

TeddyFiles

Regular
Anyone got a theory on what’s happening with the buyback?

RHINO

They need to find the mastermind behind the shorter's strategy and pay him whatever it takes to swap sides as he is absolutely making the BET team look like total amateurs.
You could make the BET buyback plan a case study in business schools of how not to do a buyback!!!
Seriously,talk about the band still playing as the Titanic slowly sank!!!
If the planned revenue schemes and projects come off, at these prices ,a takeover coming any day.
No brainer.

Ibetfixed

Regular
Reg .. always good to get updates on latest developments .
I understand that BET can’t buy back at certain times of the year …ie when a deal is being announced etc .
With BET reporting quarterly … do you know if the black out period for buying back would commence at the end of each quarter and only recommence when the results are announced ?? Ie for the 1st quarter ending 30th Sept ie black out period commences 1 October until results are published in late Oct ??
Cheers

Reg appreciate yours and others comments. Its great that posts are informative and respectful and not full of tripe like a lot on the other site. even though the volume of posts is small quality beats quantity.

Ibetfixed

Regular
Not exactly sure…..I have read that it could be 2 weeks before the end of the quarter and 48hrs after report is released (but this is unofficial and more relevant to the US)……I have also read BetMakers Trading Policy and it states;

View attachment 17480
Thanks Reg, seems the BET trading policy rules only relate to 6 monthly and annual results …. Not quarterly … but seeing that they were keen to buy back at around 40c … I think that a black out period must currently be in place … otherwise they would be hoovering them up .
If the last date they bought back was the 16th September then it would appear the 2 weekly rule before the end of the quarter would apply ?? Cheers

Ibetfixed

Regular
Thanks Reg, seems the BET trading policy rules only relate to 6 monthly and annual results …. Not quarterly … but seeing that they were keen to buy back at around 40c … I think that a black out period must currently be in place … otherwise they would be hoovering them up .
If the last date they bought back was the 16th September then it would appear the 2 weekly rule before the end of the quarter would apply ?? Cheers
Just checked … the last buy back announcement was on the 19th Sept … which was a Monday .. which stated that they bought back 1mill shares on the previous trading day … which was the 16th ie 2 weeks before the end of the quarter .

That would indicate that every quarter there is at least a month when they can’t buy back … crazy rules !!!

Lattelarry

Regular
This forum is worthwhile. Haven't looked at BET over at the crapper in ages.

Top Bottom