Top 20
Well that would be nice

We've all been very patient
patience.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Dazmac66

Regular
Everything on Lithium watchlist just turned red??

Reactions: 2 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
Reactions: 6 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Isn't he a disgruntled ex-holder?
Yes, he has a gripe against management. If you read his various posts though, there is some substance there.

I have deleted my post, as it is possibly too inflammatory for some. @Birdman7, delete yours if you like, as mine is embedded

I am always alert for matters that are not as they seem, and will maintain that stance, not only for AVZ management, but all the companies I invest in. Believe me, you need a critical eye at this end of the market, and in these juristictions

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users
Yes, he has a gripe against management. If you read his various posts though, there is some substance there.

I have deleted my post, as it is possibly too inflammatory for some. @Birdman7, delete yours if you like, as mine is embedded

I am always alert for matters that are not as they seem, and will maintain that stance, not only for AVZ management, but all the companies I invest in. Believe me, you need a critical eye at this end of the market, and in these juristictions
Mate, I would have left it. This is indeed a discussion forum and there should be both information posted about the light side and dark side of companies.

I too have seen the posts regarding such matters and while there could be issues with what he is saying, he provides no sources and vague information like, "wait and see", and, "you'll know what i mean soon enough". I have searched the net for any information relating to his claims and found nothing. Could be information out there in French which generally doesn't get hit by a search, but I don't know.

All we can do as holders is trust we are adequately informed by the company and at such time, money since been raised will be used to acquire the 15%. How this is going, well we don't know.

Happy for a discussion. Generally these on HC are marked as down ramping and can be taken way out of context.

Samus

Top 20

I wouldn't worry about inflammatory, anyone who has full trust and faith in this management after what we've endured over the past few years has some serious rocks in the head imo. 🤪
If things go sour you'll never see anyone cut and run so fast in your life... It's the gamble we all take. 🏃‍♂️
🤞They've got the wherewithal to see this through to a positive outcome for all shareholders.

Interesting article and facts.....

China continues its breakthrough in lithium in Africa

April 19, 2022

The company AVZ, listed on the Australian stock exchange, has obtained technical authorization from the Congolese authorities to launch operations in its lithium mine in Manono, in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

With reserves amounting to 132 million tons with a lithium content of 1.63%, the Manono mine should produce 4.5 million tons of lithium per year according to the feasibility study carried out by AVZ ; which would make it the largest lithium project in the world.

AVZ, majority-owned by Chinese investors including the giant Zhejiang Huayou Cobalt, had received US$400 million in February 2022 from China's Suzhou CATH Energy Technologies, which now owns 24% in the Manono project.

Already present in Cobalt in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Zhejiang Huayou Cobalt is increasing direct and indirect lithium acquisitions in Africa. The Manono project in the DRC comes after a direct acquisition, in December 2021, of the Arcardia lithium mine in Zimbabwe near the Australian Prospect Lithium for the sum of US$422 million.

• Thinking
  • Sad

ptlas

Regular

EAC business leaders to explore opportunities in DR Congo

View attachment 4464

Regional business executives are planning a business trip to DR Congo early next month to engage their Congolese counterparts with a view to exploit business and investment opportunities in the vast country.

John Bosco Kalisa, CEO of the East African Business Council (EABC), noted this Saturday, April 16, a week after DR Congo President Félix Tshisekedi, on April 8, signed the Treaty of accession by his country to the East African Community (EAC).

Kalisa told The New Times that his delegation also wants to bring their Congolese counterparts to speed about the opportunities provided by both the EAC Common Market and Custom Union frameworks.

They plan to travel “in the first week of May” and are keen on seeing Congolese business leaders also reciprocate the visit.

“On our side we are very ready and keen to host them,” Kalisa said.

“Already we have established excellent engagements and contact with the Federation des Enterprises du Congo (FEC) . They are very ready to host us,” Kalisa said, explaining that besides DR Congo capital, Kinshasa, his delegation also plans to travel to the eastern Congolese cities of Goma and Bukavu.

On April 12, EAC Secretary General, Peter Mathuki, told a press conference that young people in the region should take advantage of the huge market – about 300 million people – created with the entry of the DR Congo into the now seven-member regional economic bloc. During the virtual press conference, Mathuki indicated that the Secretariat will, in the near future, organize business trips to DR Congo and that Kinshasa is also planning to send business expeditions to regional countries as part of the new anticipated business interactions.

Among others, DR Congo offers its untapped vast arable land as a major investment opportunity.

The DR Congo is expected to bolster the bloc’s economic potential through various ways including opening the corridor from the Indian Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean, as well as North to South, hence expanding the economic potential of the region.

DR Congo is the world’s biggest producer of cobalt, a major component in the manufacture of rechargeable batteries for electric vehicles, and Africa’s main copper producer. It is a major producer of gold, diamonds, uranium, coltan, oil and other precious metals, making it one of the most resource-rich countries in the world.

Eleven percent of the goods the vast country consumes come from the six other partner states in the bloc, Mathuki said, while 35 per cent of what DR Congo consumes comes from China and other places.

Now that DR Congo is part of the EAC, Mathuki said, “We will be transforming or taking advantage of that consumption” so that whatever is produced in the region can find market in DR Congo.

The EABC delegation will comprise at least 10 people from each partner state, Kalisa said.

Their areas of interest will include agribusiness, banking, mining, construction, manufacturing and the telecommunication sectors.

The EABC will also include tourism industry players in the trip. Kalisa said that on Tuesday, April 19, he will sign an agreement in Nairobi, Kenya, to organise tour operators.

Meanwhile, whether it is invited to partake in the Kinshasa trip or not, the Kigali-based East Africa Tourism Platform (EATP) also has plans of its own.

Yves Ngenzi, the EATP Coordinator, said: “On our side, we are working on some collaboration with DRC tourism sector in different areas and also having them join the EATP as full members through their national tourism apex body for the private sector.”

Earlier, Jeannette Rugero, a Rwandan tour guide and driver, told The New Times that she is now encouraged “more than before” to explore opportunities in DR Congo.

She said: “Congo is a very beautiful country with diverse tourist attractions; national parks, culture, landscape and so much more that people want to see.

The insecurity in the east is just in one part but there are many others that are secure and this is where I want to start exploring and benefiting from.

The Congolese will now feel more East African and more welcome, and vice versa,” she said.

Tshisekedi’s accession signature on April 8 immediately brought his country into the realms and provisions of all the protocols and regional policies of the EAC.

After signing the Treaty of accession, Kinshasa now has up to September 29 to undertake internal and constitutional processes to ratify the EAC Treaty and submit to the EAC Secretary General, and subsequently join all programmes and activities of the bloc.

Chances are high that Kinshasa which has shown a strong inclination to fast-track the process could actually wrap up its internal and constitutional processes to ratify the EAC Treaty, and submit, much earlier than September 29.

www.newtimes.co.rw/news/eac-business-leaders-explore-opportunities-dr-congo

Europe's reliance on Russian gas imports has become a problem amid the Ukraine war. Now, it's looking to Africa for alternatives.

Europe is looking to Africa for its energy needs as countries seek to cut their reliance on Russian imports amid the war in Ukraine.

Italy — the third-largest European Union (EU) economy — has pushed ahead in pursuing deals, with energy supermajor Eni signing an agreement on Wednesday with state-owned Egyptian Natural Gas Holding Company to promote gas exports to Europe.

Earlier in the same week, Italian Prime Minister Mario Draghi visited Algeria, where Eni signed an agreement to buy more natural gas from Algerian state energy firm Sonatrach through 2024, the Italian company said in a press release. That's equivalent to 12% of Italy's gas consumption in 2021, per Bloomberg.

Algeria already supplies gas to Europe via three pipelines, one of which goes to Italy. Two other pipelines are linked to Spain.

Italy's deals came on the back of a meeting among European ambassadors and the Nigerian National Petroleum Company last Monday that sought to "strengthen partnership" in the energy sector, the company tweeted last Monday.

Draghi is slated to travel to central and southern Africa this week with potential deals in the Republic of Congo and Angola, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.

These potential deals, together with the extra natural-gas volumes Italy has already secured from Algeria, would be able to replace over half the supply it gets from Russia as early as 2023, according to Bloomberg.

The EU is a major customer of Russian energy.

Earlier in April, the trade bloc approved a ban on Russian coal.

It's also considering an oil embargo, but has not mentioned cutting off natural gas as Europe remains highly reliant on piped gas from the country.

However, in an interview published Sunday, Draghi told Corriere della Sera that Europe can wean itself off Russian energy imports through diversification in a time frame that was "shorter than what we imagined just a month ago."

"We no longer want to depend on Russian gas, because economic dependence must not become political subjugation," he told the outlet.

"To do this, we need to diversify energy sources and find new suppliers."

www.businessinsider.in

View attachment 4465

View attachment 4468

View attachment 4471

View attachment 4467

View attachment 4466

View attachment 4470
Don't forget the tin!

Reactions: 3 users

CHB

Regular
Bastards already claiming it as theirs

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Samus

Top 20
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Will tomorrow be the day for ML?

ANTOINETTE N’SAMBA KALAMBAYI FINANCES ELECTRIC BATTERY PROJECT TODAY IN HAUT KATANGA- DRC

APRIL 20, 2022
Financing of the electric battery project Antoinette N’SAMBA KALAMBAYI is expected today Wednesday in Haut Katanga.

The Head of State will launch the Center of Excellence specialized in training and research in battery chemistry and technology.

Indeed, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) aims to become a world leader in the production of electric car batteries, this is what emerged from the statement made by Congolese officials at the opening of the “DRC AFRICA BUSINESS FORUM ” forum organized last year in Kinshasa.

The Congolese authorities have, on occasion, highlighted the large deposits of lithium and cobalt that abound in the country in its south-eastern façade, in Katanga.

The DRC has 400 million tonnes of lithium and 25 million tonnes of cobalt on its reserves.

To make this project a reality, the Minister of Mines Antoinette N’samba Kalambayi will carry out an official mission from 20 to 25 April 2022 in Lubumbashi.

During her stay, the head of Mines will take part in the launch of the Center of Excellence specialized in training and research in battery chemistry and technology but also in the formalization of discussions with technical and financial partners for the financing of the electric battery project in the DRC.

• Thinking

Remark

Top 20
This Cock Yodeller is doing my head in on Hot Crapper. He's made so many wrong calls that he's just a joke credibility wise.

I was watching the last hours trading on my mobile which has a pretty limited view of the depth in the auction.

The dickhead posted this at around 3.14pm .....

1650453015178.png

At around 4.02pm the match in the auction dropped to 1.155c (from around 1.18c) and sat there as the sell side was loaded with BS sells. The ploy did work for a while but from what I could see I was hard to tell if the sell bids were pulled. Anyone shed any light on this?

Great to see this tool was wrong again but the conspiracy theorist in me was left wondering who this prick actually works for.

I would have been so pissed off if he actually got one right🤣

• Haha

CHB

Regular
Ignore him, he's just trying to play to his agenda.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's already bought back in as he's back to being positive.

This Cock Yodeller is doing my head in on Hot Crapper. He's made so many wrong calls that he's just a joke credibility wise.

I was watching the last hours trading on my mobile which has a pretty limited view of the depth in the auction.

View attachment 4678

At around 4.02pm the match in the auction dropped to 1.155c (from around 1.18c) and sat there as the sell side was loaded with BS sells. The ploy did work for a while but from what I could see I was hard to tell if the sell bids were pulled. Anyone shed any light on this?

Great to see this tool was wrong again but the conspiracy theorist in me was left wondering who this prick actually works for.

Hey Remark, yes I also saw the games being played, see below. It looked as if they didn't get pulled, but would need someone on desktop to check. Time 16:09

Screenshot_20220420-160908_CommSec.jpg

• Thinking

CashKing

Regular

View attachment 4678

Mate he reminds me of Race or Ride ,30 posts a day changing he’s mind all over the place, remember that guy lol, smacks of him or he’s crackhead mates imo

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

cruiser51

Top 20

View attachment 4678

When he said he sold out, I said 'Bye' and hoped he would permanently fuck off, but as usual with these wankers, he pops up again.
I reckon I don't miss anything if I put him on ignore. 😂

Reactions: 7 users

Frank

Top 20
Will tomorrow be the day for ML?

ANTOINETTE N’SAMBA KALAMBAYI FINANCES ELECTRIC BATTERY PROJECT TODAY IN HAUT KATANGA- DRC

APRIL 20, 2022
Financing of the electric battery project Antoinette N’SAMBA KALAMBAYI is expected today Wednesday in Haut Katanga.

The Head of State will launch the Center of Excellence specialized in training and research in battery chemistry and technology.

Indeed, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) aims to become a world leader in the production of electric car batteries, this is what emerged from the statement made by Congolese officials at the opening of the “DRC AFRICA BUSINESS FORUM ” forum organized last year in Kinshasa.

The Congolese authorities have, on occasion, highlighted the large deposits of lithium and cobalt that abound in the country in its south-eastern façade, in Katanga.

The DRC has 400 million tonnes of lithium and 25 million tonnes of cobalt on its reserves.

To make this project a reality, the Minister of Mines Antoinette N’samba Kalambayi will carry out an official mission from 20 to 25 April 2022 in Lubumbashi.

During her stay, the head of Mines will take part in the launch of the Center of Excellence specialized in training and research in battery chemistry and technology but also in the formalization of discussions with technical and financial partners for the financing of the electric battery project in the DRC.

If Only it was up to Julien ( Our EV Champion ) that imminent ML would have been done & dusted long ago imo,

To remind,

‘The DRC can become an electric car champion’ – Industry minister

The DRC - which is rich in lithium, manganese, nickel and cobalt - wants to locally produce batteries for electric vehicles and develop a “green” value chain, says Julien Paluku, minister for industry.

President Félix Tshisekedi is committed to making the DRC an ‘electric car champion’, he said at the DRC-Africa Business Forum held from 24 to 25 November in Kinshasa, signing several agreements with various technical and financial partners.

These include the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), the African Development Bank (ADB), the African Export and Import Bank (Afreximbank), the Africa Finance Corporation (AFC), the Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa (Badea) and the Australian mining group AVZ Minerals.

In addition to launching a DRC battery council, which is piloting government policy, an agreement was made to finance the growth of a local battery industry as well as develop a minerals industry.

Financial partners are ready to put up to $300m on the table, said Sidi Ould Tah, Badea’s director-general.

Aware that it is a matter of developing a whole sector, Julien Paluku, the DRC’s minister of industry and former governor of North Kivu (2007-2019), defends his country’s strategy.

Jeune Afrique: You have said that the DRC is the best place in the world to install battery manufacturing plants for electric cars.

Why is that?

Julien Paluku:
The ECA commissioned a study, which was carried out by BloombergNEF and financed by several donors including the AfDB, to assess the DRC’s potential in this field and its ability to attract investment.

It discovered that installing a plant that could process 10,000tn of minerals per year (cobalt, lithium, manganese, nickel and copper) would cost $117m in the US, $112m in China, $65m in Poland and only $39m in the DRC.

In other words, the cost is almost three times less in our country than in China and half as much as in Poland.

This may come as a surprise given the obstacles encountered when setting up a factory today: access to electricity, the high cost of fuel, difficulties in transporting equipment and then evacuating the production.

What has been done to remedy this?

We are making efforts to increase electricity production.

In Lualaba province, the Busanga power station, which is about to be inaugurated and represents an investment of more than $600m, is expected to produce 240 megawatts.

In Tanganyika province, the AVZ group plans to invest more than $1bn to create a special economic zone around the lithium industry in Manono, including constructing the Mpiana Mwanga power station, the Manono-Kalemie road and a railway.

If we hope to succeed in our bid for electric cars, we need to guarantee investors that all related projects, especially in the area of infrastructure, are up to standard and are completed.

On the continent, not enough countries manage to build a value chain.

How does the DRC intend to do it?

Our country has the means to do so because its territory contains all the raw materials needed to create electric batteries.

This is obviously the case for cobalt, as we produce around 100,000tn per year and have estimated reserves of 25m tn, but also for copper, nickel (located in the Kasai provinces near Kananga), chromium and lithium.

Although it was believed that the world’s largest lithium deposit was in Australia, at the Greenbushes mine, recent studies by AVZ Minerals have shown that it may actually be in the DRC, at Manono.

The studies, which so far cover 20% of the area concerned, have already identified almost 400m tn of ore.

In addition to our national wealth, it is worth remembering that eight of the 15 countries that have the minerals required to manufacture electric batteries are in Africa.

Therefore, we are advocating a regional value chain strategy, with the DRC at the heart of the system.

It is not in any country’s interest to simply export its raw minerals outside the continent, as is mainly the case today.

We need to encourage local processing and transformation, particularly in our factories and future factories, in order to export higher value-added products.

In this way, not only are export costs reduced, but intra-African trade is also enhanced.

In concrete terms, how can such a project be financed?

Convinced of the project’s viability, Afreximbank has taken the lead in financial structuring and will bring together other banks and investors.

The Fédération des Entreprises du Congo (FEC) deplores the tax complications that compromise the DRC’s business climate.

Are you planning to introduce specific measures to encourage investment in the sector?

The FEC is right to point this out. That being said, in July, the Council of Ministers adopted a roadmap that aims to improve the business climate. After that, the prime minister handed out assignments to each minister related to their sector.

An evaluation will be made every three months to measure progress.

I believe that this is the first time that the DRC’s government will be subject to such an evaluation, which should result in rapid and concrete progress.

At present, the country is struggling to set up zones économiques spéciales (ZES).

Will companies in the electric battery industry benefit from tax incentives?

ZESs are a vast undertaking that will not be completed in a few months.

We have started with the Maluku ZES, of which 80% of the lots have already been allocated. A second area is in Katanga, where the Kishwishi ZES is going to be developed by the company Geniland, in partnership with Tafu City’s Kenyan ZES.

A third zone is emerging in South Ubangi: the company Miluna, which has been established in the zone since the 1960s, is in charge.

A fourth zone will be developed in North Kivu, in Musienene, to revive the region, thanks in particular to a tax incentive.

The Africa Report.com

Lithium mining in DRC could make it a top global supplier

Although it does not yet produce lithium, the Democratic Republic of Congo looks set to become one of the world's suppliers of this metal, classified as strategic by the Congolese authorities in 2018, by as early as 2022.

In the provinces of Tanganyika and Haut-Lomami, in the south-east of the DRC, there is a rich reserve of “spodumene-rich pegmatite-type rocks”. These contain a lithium mineral associated with a stannocoltanian ore.

However, during the colonial era and right up until 1982, only tin was extracted from them. It was not until the 2010s that the DRC became interested in lithium and granted mining companies the first extracts containing evidence of this metal, which is now classified as a strategic mineral.

The new mining code passed by the Congolese government in 2018 identifies four “strategic metals”: cobalt, coltan, germanium and lithium, for which it has introduced an increase in royalties from 2% to 10%.

Boosted by the increase in global demand for lithium (used, among other things, to manufacture batteries), several companies have already mobilised in the sector. Two of these – in joint venture with the Congolese mining company Cominière – are in an advanced development phase.

Australians and Chinese on the front line

In Tanganyika, Dathcom Mining – a partnership between Australian AVZ Minerals (75%) and Cominière – is developing the Manono project (lithium and tin).

In addition to its metal-rich 44.6 million tonnes of proven lithium reserves and 48.5 million tonnes of probable reserves, the future mine is expected to have one of the smallest carbon footprints in the world compared to similar lithium projects, thanks to the energy from the Mpiana-Mwanga hydroelectric plant.

On the strength of these assets, AVZ Minerals – whose shareholders include China’s Huayou Cobalt Company and Yibin Tianyi Lithium – has signed several mineral offtake agreements with Chinese groups: in late December 2020 with GFL International (a subsidiary of Ganfeng Lithium) and last March with Shenzhen Chengxin Lithium and Yibin Tianyi Lithium Industry Co.

The Dathcom Mining site could start production in early 2023, with an expected annual volume of 700,000 tonnes of spodumene concentrate (SC6, for the production of lithium hydroxide and carbonate) and more than 45,000 tonnes of primary lithium sulphate.

The Africa Report.com

1650461422001.png

Lithium samples from the Manono development site © AVZMINERALS

King-Julien.jpg

King Julien..jpg

Food for thought from The Africa Report 🔋

Now bring on that ML / BFS / FID asap ffs :rolleyes:

#Patience #.jpg

Reactions: 18 users

Frank

Top 20
love the article Frank👌 that's the kind of shit that is helping keeping some of us very patient

*Ditto Bro :rolleyes:

Plus we can't forget the Rin Tin Tin, we just need a Farking ML to begin, catch the Wave and we're in, as

Alphamin Resources Corp., one of the world’s largest tin miners, has kicked off a potential sale of the company as prices of the metal surge, people with knowledge of the matter said.

Canadian-listed Alphamin, which is working with boutique advisory firm Cutfield Freeman & Co., has sent out marketing materials to prospective bidders, the people said.

It has asked for initial offers by the end of the month, according to the people, who asked not to be identified because the information is private.

Alphamin jumped 16% to C$1.30 a share as of 2:45 p.m. in Toronto, giving the company a market value of C$1.65 billion ($1.3 billion).

Investment firm Denham Capital is its biggest shareholder with a 57% stake, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

The company could attract interest from Chinese bidders as well as private equity funds, according to the people.

Tin is having a moment amid a new focus on the supply chains for technology products. Prices for the metal, used as solder in chips made by companies like Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. and Intel Corp., hit an all-time high of $51,000 per metric ton in March.

It was trading Tuesday at $43,090, still up about 150% since the start of 2020.

Alphamin announced in November it was seeking a strategic review to maximize shareholder value.

It said at the time it would consider options including a potential sale, extension of its mine life, balance sheet restructuring or shareholder distributions.

Alphamin’s Mpama North mine in the Democratic Republic of Congo is considered to be one of the world’s highest-grade tin mines.

It accounts for around 3% of world usage of the metal, producing 10,969 tons of tin concentrate in 2021.

That’s due to expand as the company starts output at the nearby Mpama South project in December 2023.

Trading house Gerald Metals currently holds an offtake agreement for the tin concentrates produced by Alphamin at its Mpama North asset.

1650463309132.png

Reactions: 12 users

Dijon101

Regular
Ignore stock yoda.

The little fucker did the same thing on the brainchip threads.
Soon as we all left, he migrated to the AVZ threads and continued in the same vein.

Misinformation and FUD is all he offers.

Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom