AVZ Discussion 2022

Samus

Top 20
We're still beating around the bush of the real sp catalysts imo. The market hasn't been all that stable recently and likely in for further instability over the short term under the looming threat of US rate hikes. As evidenced by today's trading I'm assuming there is some trepidation related to this along with a bit of ML fatigue. Hopefully once the market turns bullish again we'll be in a better position particularly if the ML bottleneck is overcome.
It was the case that management thought the HEPP and collaboration agreements would be awarded at the same time as the licence. Not sure if this is still the expectation so many months later. But followed by BFS, fid, etc we could be in a de-risked enough position to hopefully reach something like fair value for the first time and based on the new BFS numbers. Not to mention finally being ready to go full steam ahead, hopefully with the boot of CATL up managements ass. 🥾 Best thing about this jv imo, no more pussy footing around and hopefully a lot more AVZ boots on the ground.
Thats the belated dream anyway. In case anyone forgot 🦥
Bloody nice if it all flows smoothly at some point very soon, we're overdue by a few years for a good spell and with the timing becoming more critical. 🚀

Reactions: 7 users

Frank

Top 20
Don't know how much more imminent I can take Frank! 💀
Good to have some sort of progress though, rumour over the weekend not to be dismissed quite yet either according to Mr unreliable TD.

Lol - Hopefully a little bit more my friend, how's "Brewing" sound instead ( See what i did there Count ) ;)

Yes, It was great to see another Big "Piece of the ML Puzzle" progressing today, with that Big juicy Carrot thanks to CAT

‘White gold fever’ has big lithium stocks surging

Fellow lithium project developer AVZ says the completion of a $US240m cornerstone investment from CATH Technologies in the monster ‘Manono’ project will be “expedited”.

CATH will shell out the cash for a 24% direct interest, plus another ~$160m to get the ~$US540m project into development.

AVZ now expects the deal to be finalised in March.

“Finalising our agreement with CATH provides certainty of funding to progress development of the Manono Project, pending the award of our Mining Licence and Collaboration Development Agreement from the DRC Government,” AVZ’s MD Nigel Ferguson says.

“We are in close consultation with the DRC Government authorities that are undertaking the Mining Licence assessment and are confident of delivering a favourable outcome for all stakeholders.”

Manono is a global standout.

According to the company, it is:

• the biggest undeveloped deposit in the world
  • the second highest grade undeveloped deposit in the world
  • in the bottom cost quartile for production globally, and
  • in the bottom quartile for greenhouse gas emissions

As managing director Nigel Ferguson says –
“very, very profitable”.

Stockhead.png

AVZ Minerals completes US$240 million cornerstone investment

ASX-listed AVZ Minerals on Wednesday reached an agreement with private investment firm Suzhou CATH Energy Technologies over a $240-million investment into the Manono lithium and tin project, in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).

The two companies in September last year struck a deal under which CATH will earn a 24% equity interest in a multi-faceted joint venture to develop the Manono project for a $240-million cash payment, and a further amount to fund its pro-rata portion of funding to develop the project.

AVZ Minerals said on Wednesday that the parties have now agreed to waive a number of the conditions precedent, including the mining licence for the Manono project being granted to Dathcom Mining SA, the entry by Dathcom and the DRC government into the collaboration development agreement, and the Dathcom board and shareholders making a final investment decision and approving the transaction.

*It is anticipated that completion of the proposed transaction will occur during March 2022, allowing for the start of a multi-faceted global joint venture between AVZ and CATH focused on multiple aspects of the battery metals supply chain.

“Finalising our agreement with CATH provides certainty of funding to progress development of the Manono project, pending the award of our mining licence and collaboration development agreement from the DRC government,” AVZ MD Nigel Ferguson said.

“We are in close consultation with the DRC government authorities that are undertaking the mining licence assessment and are confident of delivering a favourable outcome for all stakeholders – most importantly the people of the DRC and our shareholders.”

A definitive feasibility study into Manono has estimated that it would produce around 700,000 t/y high grade lithium and 45,475 t/y of primary lithium sulphate over a 20-year mine life.

The project is expected to require a capital investment of $545.5-million, which will include transport upgrades and the rehabilitation of the Mpiana Mwanga hydroelectric power plant, which would account for $41.85-million and $46.54-million worth of investment, respectively.

Copperbelt Katanga.png

*Allowing for the start of a multi-faceted global joint venture between AVZ and CATH focused on multiple aspects of the battery metals supply chain.

That's Two Multi's in the same sentence :unsure:

So does that mean a DRC Battery Factory is in the making ? Why Not !

Especially after what Felix has been saying wants to happen since the Forum last year

Food for thought on that Multi-laned Road to Mining those Monsters of Manono hey Bro :)

Reactions: 12 users

Flexi

Regular
I am hoping Nigel and the boys are getting their paperwork in order so that when ML is issued we are ready to release the revised BFS and FID in a very short time so that construction can start imminently.

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Bring on the revised BFS

The numbers will be mind blowing

Reactions: 10 users

Frank

Top 20

Frank

Top 20

OjohnEboy

Emerged
Well i'll be MIFT! :)

Reactions: 2 users

ptlas

Regular
We're still beating around the bush of the real sp catalysts imo. The market hasn't been all that stable recently and likely in for further instability over the short term under the looming threat of US rate hikes. As evidenced by today's trading I'm assuming there is some trepidation related to this along with a bit of ML fatigue. Hopefully once the market turns bullish again we'll be in a better position particularly if the ML bottleneck is overcome.
It was the case that management thought the HEPP and collaboration agreements would be awarded at the same time as the licence. Not sure if this is still the expectation so many months later. But followed by BFS, fid, etc we could be in a de-risked enough position to hopefully reach something like fair value for the first time and based on the new BFS numbers. Not to mention finally being ready to go full steam ahead, hopefully with the boot of CATL up managements ass. 🥾 Best thing about this jv imo, no more pussy footing around and hopefully a lot more AVZ boots on the ground.
Bloody nice if it all flows smoothly at some point very soon, we're overdue by a few years for a good spell and with the timing becoming more critical. 🚀

Lol - Hopefully a little bit more my friend, how's "Brewing" sound instead ( See what i did there Count ) ;)

Yes, It was great to see another Big "Piece of the ML Puzzle" progressing today, with that Big juicy Carrot thanks to CAT

‘White gold fever’ has big lithium stocks surging

Fellow lithium project developer AVZ says the completion of a $US240m cornerstone investment from CATH Technologies in the monster ‘Manono’ project will be “expedited”.

CATH will shell out the cash for a 24% direct interest, plus another ~$160m to get the ~$US540m project into development.

AVZ now expects the deal to be finalised in March.

“Finalising our agreement with CATH provides certainty of funding to progress development of the Manono Project, pending the award of our Mining Licence and Collaboration Development Agreement from the DRC Government,” AVZ’s MD Nigel Ferguson says.

“We are in close consultation with the DRC Government authorities that are undertaking the Mining Licence assessment and are confident of delivering a favourable outcome for all stakeholders.”

Manono is a global standout.

According to the company, it is:

• the biggest undeveloped deposit in the world
  • the second highest grade undeveloped deposit in the world
  • in the bottom cost quartile for production globally, and
  • in the bottom quartile for greenhouse gas emissions

As managing director Nigel Ferguson says – “very, very profitable”.

View attachment 1178

AVZ Minerals completes US$240 million cornerstone investment

ASX-listed AVZ Minerals on Wednesday reached an agreement with private investment firm Suzhou CATH Energy Technologies over a $240-million investment into the Manono lithium and tin project, in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).

The two companies in September last year struck a deal under which CATH will earn a 24% equity interest in a multi-faceted joint venture to develop the Manono project for a $240-million cash payment, and a further amount to fund its pro-rata portion of funding to develop the project.

AVZ Minerals said on Wednesday that the parties have now agreed to waive a number of the conditions precedent, including the mining licence for the Manono project being granted to Dathcom Mining SA, the entry by Dathcom and the DRC government into the collaboration development agreement, and the Dathcom board and shareholders making a final investment decision and approving the transaction.

*It is anticipated that completion of the proposed transaction will occur during March 2022, allowing for the start of a multi-faceted global joint venture between AVZ and CATH focused on multiple aspects of the battery metals supply chain.

“Finalising our agreement with CATH provides certainty of funding to progress development of the Manono project, pending the award of our mining licence and collaboration development agreement from the DRC government,” AVZ MD Nigel Ferguson said.

“We are in close consultation with the DRC government authorities that are undertaking the mining licence assessment and are confident of delivering a favourable outcome for all stakeholders – most importantly the people of the DRC and our shareholders.”

A definitive feasibility study into Manono has estimated that it would produce around 700,000 t/y high grade lithium and 45,475 t/y of primary lithium sulphate over a 20-year mine life.

The project is expected to require a capital investment of $545.5-million, which will include transport upgrades and the rehabilitation of the Mpiana Mwanga hydroelectric power plant, which would account for $41.85-million and $46.54-million worth of investment, respectively.

View attachment 1179

*Allowing for the start of a multi-faceted global joint venture between AVZ and CATH focused on multiple aspects of the battery metals supply chain.

That's Two Multi's in the same sentence :unsure:

So does that mean a DRC Battery Factory is in the making ? Why Not !

Especially after what Felix has been saying wants to happen since the Forum last year

Food for thought on that Multi-laned Road to Mining those Monsters of Manono hey Bro :)
Hey Frank,
Just a small shout out to say thanks for doing all your research and posting it.
Wanted to do this personally and not merely give a TU
Cheers mate

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Frank

Top 20
Hey Frank,
Just a small shout out to say thanks for doing all your research and posting it.
Wanted to do this personally and not merely give a TU
Cheers mate

Thanks mate, appreciate the thought / gesture (y)

I just wish / hope more People join us over here tbo

But the Trolls can stay away, Talk to themselves over there imo

As i spend a lot of time ( Mainly late at Night ) researching instead of Sleeping

Knowing that "Information / Knowledge is Power" and so Critical to our Investment choices

Someone, anyone needs to Post / Pass this stuff on to fellow Shareholders to make more informed decisions

I just don't want this new site / thread to be "The Frank Show" tbo

I guess until the number of posters improve,

Hello - Qball, Chillaxed, Scarpa, Keatz, Whiddon, Mining, Stevo, Skeet, Corbonator, Asha, etc

So until then you'll just have to put up with me being the Oracle of Information atm :ROFLMAO:

GLTA-AVZH's

Cheers

Frank :cool:

Reactions: 12 users

JAG

Top 20

As i spend a lot of time ( Mainly late at Night ) researching instead of Sleeping

Knowing that "Information / Knowledge is Power" and so Critical to our Investment choices

Someone, anyone needs to Post / Pass this stuff on to fellow Shareholders to make more informed decisions

Hello - Qball, Chillaxed, Scarpa, Keatz, Whiddon, Mining, Stevo, Skeet, Corbonator, Asha, etc

So until then you'll just have to put up with me being the Oracle of Information atm :ROFLMAO:

GLTA-AVZH's

Cheers

Mate, love your work and always is appreciated....(y)(y)

Reactions: 4 users

cruiser51

Top 20

GLTA-AVZH's

Cheers

Just for your research...

It doesn't affect AVZ directly, but definitely indirectly.

I found it great to see a view from a different well researched angle.

Nice bedtime viewing, takes a while.

I hope you enjoy. :geek:

Reactions: 3 users

Remark

Top 20

GLTA-AVZH's

Cheers

I have a challenge Frank. Who can get the most moderations on Hotcrapper in one day without being suspended starting tomorrow 😁 - sorry, too many bourbons today. Any takers?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

ptlas

Regular
Yeah mate, I've been thinking much the same. Would add inclusion in ASX 200 would be one more booster.
I'm getting between $1 (pessimistic) and $3+ (silly) in the next couple of months if ML drops soon.
The negative for me is how much we're being asked to pay for the extra 15%

Reactions: 6 users

ptlas

Regular
I have a challenge Frank. Who can get the most moderations on Hotcrapper in one day without being suspended starting tomorrow 😁 - sorry, too many bourbons today. Any takers?
Do today's count if they were before your challenge? Had a bit of fun today, but not as good as with Linda.

Remark

Top 20
Do today's count if they were before your challenge? Had a bit of fun today, but not as good as with Linda.
I'm at 2 for today. Looks like Linda learned how to use the report button🤣

• Haha

ptlas

Regular
Just tried to start a chart thread-f'ed it up so please ignore/don't reply until it's removed and I sort it out.

Reactions: 1 users

Samus

Top 20
Yeah mate, I've been thinking much the same. Would add inclusion in ASX 200 would be one more booster.
I'm getting between $1 (pessimistic) and $3+ (silly) in the next couple of months if ML drops soon.
The negative for me is how much we're being asked to pay for the extra 15%
Yeah that 15% is a bit of a wildcard right now in terms of if we end up with 66% or the 51% as well. Hopefully it all works out in a way not to require further capital raising.
Everything DRC government side has been frustratingly slow to date tbh. At least in terms of what management have been touting. Be bloody nice to see the back of the ML, HEPP and CA at the very least and I really hope that all still comes at the same time and soon.
SEZ sounds like it'll happen eventually.

Reactions: 5 users

bloke383

Regular
Yeah that 15% is a bit of a wildcard right now in terms of if we end up with 66% or the 51% as well. Hopefully it all works out in a way not to require further capital raising.
Everything DRC government side has been frustratingly slow to date tbh. At least in terms of what management have been touting. Be bloody nice to see the back of the ML, HEPP and CA at the very least and I really hope that all still comes at the same time and soon.
SEZ sounds like it'll happen eventually.
The extra 15% will be worth every cent we pay , as long as we retain it . This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for shareholders & holding just 51% of an asset of this critical importance doesn't give me too much confidence that we can control it for the long term .
I'm hoping when AVZ said in the announcement that they will be "focussed on multiple aspects of the battery metals supply chain" , that this means the tin will be coming online sooner than what I thought . Nige always seems to downplay this , but we need take advantage of every opportunity that we have . Putting the tin on the back burner for a couple of years would be a huge waste of an opportunity .
Surely with the happenings of the last few weeks we are finally going to get this show on the road .

Reactions: 9 users

Remark

Top 20
The extra 15% will be worth every cent we pay , as long as we retain it . This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for shareholders & holding just 51% of an asset of this critical importance doesn't give me too much confidence that we can control it for the long term .
I'm hoping when AVZ said in the announcement that they will be "focussed on multiple aspects of the battery metals supply chain" , that this means the tin will be coming online sooner than what I thought . Nige always seems to downplay this , but we need take advantage of every opportunity that we have . Putting the tin on the back burner for a couple of years would be a huge waste of an opportunity .
Surely with the happenings of the last few weeks we are finally going to get this show on the road .
Yep, the tin on it's own makes this a viable project. Money for jam IMO.

Reactions: 8 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Maybe AVZ could offer DRC AVZ shares as payment for the remaining 15 ownership in Dathomir.
ie, AVZ and the DRC work out a price for the 15% the DRC owns and wants to sell to achieve 10% Dathomir ownership free carried and get paid with AVZ shares at an agreed formula.
That way AVZ remains in full control of Dathomir, the DRC has a vested interest in AVZ being successful and will get paid dividends, when AVZ reaches that stage, no fricked capital raising requirements where existing shareholders get f**d over by share brokers/money providers and the like.
Maybe the proposal is too simple, but it is a thought bubble after a shiraz. :oops:

Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom