AVZ Discussion 2022

cruiser51

Top 20
Well tbh it did strike me that she actually did look a bit less happy than usual in a lot of the footage if that's even possible. :rolleyes:
Maybe she has a pineapple somewhere where it is slightly uncomfortable. :oops::rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

CHB

Regular
Has anyone translated the meeting? Anything to do with us? Or just more talking..
Blah Blah Blah Whatever GIF by Minions

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Fourth minister from the top of the screen is our Favourite Princess the Minister of Portfolio.
I thought she was booted out, however in this Video she is happy and alive taking part of this Ministerial meeting on the 19th of August.
Lukonde is the one I don’t trust. Sitting there, his shrunken head smirking all the time…. I reckon he’s as trustworthy as George Costanza, I’ll be the first to apologise if I’m wrong.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Bin59

Regular
Has anyone translated the meeting? Anything to do with us? Or just more talking..
Yes it should be to do with us - the text in the screenshots most likely refers to the Battery Project and/or the Manono Lithium & Tin project - either way projects rely on the lithium from Manono.

1660976952623.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

Xerof

Money DSOTM 1973
I don’t think any of the Ministers have actually gone yet, just suggestions from interested parties. Last I read was Felix was thinking about it

@MoneyBags1348, Sama, the unsmiling assassin, is also on my list of departees but again, it depends on what one reads. Massive disinformation out there.

I saw an article that suggested Felix was in love with Zijin, then realised it was written by Zijin

Foxy, you sly old, your comments earlier today are music to my ears.

Xerof is on standby for next week, erect and wholly attentive

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users

Nbaz

Regular
Yes it should be to do with us - the text in the screenshots most likely refers to the Battery Project and/or the Manono Lithium & Tin project - either way projects rely on the lithium from Manono.

View attachment 14547
Well if you could screenshot the bit that says mining license approved and surface rights paid that would be lovely!

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

cruiser51

Top 20
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
Updated from the looks. Must be progressing.

13359 is still the same though 😞

Translates too: renewal grant

Screenshot_20220820-174006_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Rediah

Regular
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

Nbaz

Regular
from the sbove article
"
" View attachment 14549
so that "sale" should be null and void?
It should be, but this country likes to talk a lot more than actually doing anything. Love the fact they want to stamp our the corrupt but Jesus Christ, get on with it! Everything looks like going our way but I'm not convinced untill I see it done!

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Bin59

Regular
Another little piece of good news:

Following on from this:
1660990456564.jpeg

Is this another piece of the transport solution for AVZ being sorted?

1660990587053-jpeg.14555

Attachments

• 1660990587053.jpeg
    1660990587053.jpeg
    961.2 KB · Views: 564
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Frank

Top 20
*To Remind,

The documentary features various stakeholders in the automobile industry in Zambia who weigh in on the country's prospects for Electric Vehicles and manufacturing of Batteries for Electric Vehicles .

Democratic Republic of the Congo.png

*See / Hear both Presidents from DRC & Zambia re:- Electric Vehicles and manufacturing of Batteries for EVs from @ 5Mins

The-future-is-Electric.png

Mining.png

Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono (y)

Cheers 🍻

Frank :cool:

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Maybe she has a pineapple somewhere where it is slightly uncomfortable. :oops::rolleyes:

Obviously a massive Sponge Bob Squarepants fan, always looks like there's a pineapple under the C

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Bin59

Regular
Re our transport solutions which state:

“A due diligence study for the transport route options was conducted by the Australian based railway consultancy Infraology Pty Ltd (Infraology).

Four potential concentrate product transport routes were identified during the study. The Feasibility Study concluded to use two of these transport routes from Manono.
The first is to Dar es Salaam in Tanzania through Zambia, using the Tanzania and Zambia Railway Authority (TAZARA) rail.
The TAZARA rail is equally owned by the United Republic of Tanzania and the Republic of Zambia. The TAZARA railway will require upgrade and maintenance to reduce the frequency of derailments. The route includes 340 km of unsealed road to the DRC State owned SNCC rail allocated at Kabondo Dianda. From Kabondo Dianda there is 772 km of rail to Ndola (in Zambia) and then 165 km of rail to Kapiri Mposhi on the Zambian Railways Limited (ZRL) rail which is wholly owned by the Republic of Zambia. From Kapiri Mposhi to Dar es Salaam is 1,860 km on the TAZARA rail. The route has two border crossings between the DRC, Zambia, and Tanzania. Figure 5 shows the proposed transport route in red.”

1661033277176.jpeg

The good news is in a recent article (9 August 2022) we see that the TAZARA Railway will get the needed upgrade:

August 9, 2022
Written by Simon Artymiuk
Tazara_crossing_bridge.jpg

Tanzania's president says the Tazara railway in its current 1067mm gauge form is not delivering what is expected of it, hence the plan reached with Zambia to upgrade it to standard gauge.
Photo Credit: Richard Stupart/Wikipedia Commons
TANZANIA and Zambia have agreed to upgrade the Tazara railway that connects the two countries as part of measures to improve bilateral ties.
The 1160km cross-border railway linking Kapiri-Mposhi in Zambia with the port of Dar es Salaam in Tanzania will now be upgraded to standard gauge through a partnership with the private sector and development partners.
Tanzania’s president, Ms Samia Suluhu Hassan, says the 1067mm gauge, single-track Tazara line does not deliver what is expected of it and an upgrade is needed to open up new business opportunities along the route.
“In today’s world, railway is standard gauge,” says Hassan. “So through a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) we have agreed to come up with a project to improve the Tazara railway to that level.”
Tanzania is also constructing a 1219km standard-gauge line from Dar es Salaam to the city of Mwanza on the southern shores of Lake Victoria.
Known as the Tanzania Standard Gauge Railway, the system is being designed to link Tanzania with Rwanda and Uganda, and continuing to Burundi and the Democratic Republic of Congo. The work is included in the East African Railway Master Plan aimed at rejuvenating the region’s railways and increasing efficiency and speed while lowering transport of freight costs and furthering economic development. The railway will use electric power and transport of goods to Uganda from Mwanza will be by lake ferries.
As of April 2022, the 300km Phase 1 from Dar es Salaam to Morogoro had been completed while work on the 426km Phase 2 Morogoro – Makutopora, 294km Phase 3 Lot 1 Makutupora – Tabora, and 341km Phase 5 Isaka - Mwanza sections was in progress. Phase 5 is being built by China Civil Engineering Construction (CCEC) and China Railway Construction Company (CRCC).
In July 2022 Tanzania Railway Corporation (TRC) signed a $US 900.1m contract with Yapi Merkezi for the construction of the 130km Phase 3 Lot 2 Tabora – Isaka section, along with its 35km of branches, the same company having previously won a $US 1.9bn contract for Phase 3 Lot 1.
TRC has also signed a contract with Korean national operator Korail to provide training In rail construction and operations following the line’s opening.
The first locomotives being used for testing of the electrified Phase 1 of the Tanzania SGR are former class 1014 locomotives purchased from Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB).
Africa, Freight, Infrastructure, Main line, Passenger, Policy, Track
Tags: Electrification, SGR, Standard gauge, Tanzania, Tazara, Zambia

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Bin59

Regular

JOINT COMMUNIQUE ON THE OCCASION
OF THE WORKING VISIT OF HER EXCELLENCY SAMIA SULUHU HASSAN, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA, IN THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO THIS AUGUST 18, 2022

At the invitation of His Excellency Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo, President of the Democratic Republic of Congo, Her Excellency Samia Suluhu Hassan, President of the United Republic of Tanzania, paid a one-day working visit to the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) this August 18, 2022.

Her Excellency Samia Suluhu Hassan was accompanied by the Honorable Liberata R. Mulamula, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation for East Africa; Hon. Jamal Ali, Minister of State in the Presidential Office of the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar and other senior officials.

+ 243 81 28 81 734 - www.presidence.cd - communication@presidence.cd - @Presidence_RDC Palais de la Nation, Av. Roi Baudouin / Gombe - Kinshasa / BP 201 Kin1

The two heads of state had fruitful discussions on the state of bilateral relations between the two countries. The two leaders reaffirmed their joint commitment to strengthen the spirit of solidarity and brotherhood between the two countries and the two peoples.

The two Heads of State also discussed ways and means to further strengthen the cooperation that exists between the two countries in various sectors of common interest:
• trade,
• investments,
• infrastructure,
• finances
• energy,
• education,
• defense,
• security and immigration.

The two heads of state stressed the importance of infrastructure development projects and the need to increase cooperation in the construction of road and rail infrastructure to further facilitate trade between the two countries. In this regard, the two Heads of State welcomed the progress of the road project from Dar es Salaam to Mwanza and Kigoma, which will link the DRC and Burundi through Musongati, Bujumbura, Uvira and up to Kindu.

The two Heads of State stressed the importance of strengthening cooperation in the financial sector in order to boost their economies. In this regard, they noted with satisfaction the opening of the Tanzanian Bank CRDB in Lubumbashi and an opening plan in Kinshasa. They instructed the respective Ministers to facilitate the operations of the financial institutions of both countries.

The two Heads of State noted the need to strengthen cooperation in the education sector, particularly in the promotion of the Kiswahili language in eastern DRC.
The two Heads of State reiterated their commitment to the Permanent Joint Commission (CPM) set up to strengthen cooperation between the two countries in various sectors. They noted the convening of the third meeting of the CPM in mid-September, to discuss the effective implementation of the agreed areas of cooperation.

At the end of the working visit, Her Excellency President Samia Suluhu Hassan reaffirmed Tanzania's commitment to further strengthen the existing ties of friendship and strategic cooperation between the two countries. Her Excellency President Samia Suluhu Hassan also expressed her deep gratitude to His Excellency President Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo, to the Government and People of the DRC for the warm welcome and hospitality extended to her and to his delegation during the working visit.

Finally, Her Excellency President Samia Suluhu Hassan invited Her Excellency Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo, President of the DRC to visit Tanzania at her convenience.

His Excellency President Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo, President of the DRC expressed his sincere gratitude to His Excellency President Samia Suluhu Hassan for honoring his invitation and for the fruitful discussions.

Done in Kinshasa, August 18, 2022

Hon. Amb. Liberata R. Mulamula
MINISTER OF FOREIGN EASTERN AFRICAN AFFAIRS AND COOPERATION OF THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA

Mr. Didier Mazenga Mukanzu
MINISTER OF REGIONAL INTEGRATION AND FRANCOPHONIE OF THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO

Reactions: 14 users

Bin59

Regular

JOINT COMMUNIQUE ON THE OCCASION
OF THE WORKING VISIT OF HER EXCELLENCY SAMIA SULUHU HASSAN, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA, IN THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO THIS AUGUST 18, 2022

At the invitation of His Excellency Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo, President of the Democratic Republic of Congo, Her Excellency Samia Suluhu Hassan, President of the United Republic of Tanzania, paid a one-day working visit to the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) this August 18, 2022.

Her Excellency Samia Suluhu Hassan was accompanied by the Honorable Liberata R. Mulamula, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation for East Africa; Hon. Jamal Ali, Minister of State in the Presidential Office of the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar and other senior officials.

+ 243 81 28 81 734 - www.presidence.cd - communication@presidence.cd - @Presidence_RDC Palais de la Nation, Av. Roi Baudouin / Gombe - Kinshasa / BP 201 Kin1

The two heads of state had fruitful discussions on the state of bilateral relations between the two countries. The two leaders reaffirmed their joint commitment to strengthen the spirit of solidarity and brotherhood between the two countries and the two peoples.

The two Heads of State also discussed ways and means to further strengthen the cooperation that exists between the two countries in various sectors of common interest:
• trade,
• investments,
• infrastructure,
• finances
• energy,
• education,
• defense,
• security and immigration.

The two heads of state stressed the importance of infrastructure development projects and the need to increase cooperation in the construction of road and rail infrastructure to further facilitate trade between the two countries. In this regard, the two Heads of State welcomed the progress of the road project from Dar es Salaam to Mwanza and Kigoma, which will link the DRC and Burundi through Musongati, Bujumbura, Uvira and up to Kindu.

The two Heads of State stressed the importance of strengthening cooperation in the financial sector in order to boost their economies. In this regard, they noted with satisfaction the opening of the Tanzanian Bank CRDB in Lubumbashi and an opening plan in Kinshasa. They instructed the respective Ministers to facilitate the operations of the financial institutions of both countries.

The two Heads of State noted the need to strengthen cooperation in the education sector, particularly in the promotion of the Kiswahili language in eastern DRC.
The two Heads of State reiterated their commitment to the Permanent Joint Commission (CPM) set up to strengthen cooperation between the two countries in various sectors. They noted the convening of the third meeting of the CPM in mid-September, to discuss the effective implementation of the agreed areas of cooperation.

At the end of the working visit, Her Excellency President Samia Suluhu Hassan reaffirmed Tanzania's commitment to further strengthen the existing ties of friendship and strategic cooperation between the two countries. Her Excellency President Samia Suluhu Hassan also expressed her deep gratitude to His Excellency President Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo, to the Government and People of the DRC for the warm welcome and hospitality extended to her and to his delegation during the working visit.

Finally, Her Excellency President Samia Suluhu Hassan invited Her Excellency Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo, President of the DRC to visit Tanzania at her convenience.

His Excellency President Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo, President of the DRC expressed his sincere gratitude to His Excellency President Samia Suluhu Hassan for honoring his invitation and for the fruitful discussions.

Done in Kinshasa, August 18, 2022

Hon. Amb. Liberata R. Mulamula
MINISTER OF FOREIGN EASTERN AFRICAN AFFAIRS AND COOPERATION OF THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA

Mr. Didier Mazenga Mukanzu
MINISTER OF REGIONAL INTEGRATION AND FRANCOPHONIE OF THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO
Even though the above is positive for DRC/ Tanzania relations & development in general, re-reading the communication I don’t think the road project from Dar es Salaam to DRC (via Burundi) is one of AVZ’s current proposed transport routes 🤔

• Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Der Geist and Li Tao conversing on Twitter - that's a lot of signing out of accounts and logging in again. Her English has improved markedly over the past few weeks. Was full Chinglish in May, but has come back like an Oxford scholar today. So much shonkiness on Da Bird!
Hot Kopper is the Crapper and Twitter is the Shitter....

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Rediah

Regular
Strategically Dar es Salaam port would be more time and cost effective for CATL instead of going through Lobito? 🤷‍♂️
Even though the above is positive for DRC/ Tanzania relations & development in general, re-reading the communication I don’t think the road project from Dar es Salaam to DRC (via Burundi) is one of AVZ’s current proposed transport routes 🤔

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

TDITD

Top 20
Ffs how did I get myself into talking to two of Der Giests ‘Characters’ on the bird. They, well he via two accounts is trying to play the Dathomir is legitimate claim because they bribed a local judge to win the case so it’s on RCCM so it must be true and my dads bigger than yours an he will beat up your dad easy so there and my mum said we didn’t land on the moon and the earth is flat and my mum is the cleverest person in the world so it’s definitely true and if you don’t think so you must be a dumb head.
I know I know but seriously that’s the idiocy they remind me of (clearly Der is an intelligent if troubled individual, but the other ‘character’ is clearly being obtuse)

Jesus Christ on a bike it’s Sunday an I’m conversing on social media with one person ‘playing’ two different characters ffs 🤦🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom