AVZ Discussion 2022

For the record I am back on my meds and have resumed normal transmissions :rolleyes:

Also for the record it felt fantastic and cathartic to get that out of the system 🙂

Each to their own hey pones...
"meds", hey? That translates to a glass of what, exactly? Asking for a friend...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Frank

Top 20
Correct me if i am wrong, but that extra 15% was never a given, it was to be negotiated.

Mr market valued AVZ as having 51% control up until the extended suspension.

Agree with you in the aspect that Zijin needs to compensate AVZ for devedlopment costs aleady spent plus an added premium of snacks for being a sneaky weasel...........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Aagh, who the fuck knows...........just gotta wait it out, meanwhile as @John25 has stated, lithium coys are turning the wheel nicely making some nice gains..

LTR 88 - 149, GLN 96 - 131, PLS 206 - 285, AKE 10 - 11.72 etc

FRUSTRATING indeed @Frank

imo
*Re:- John's comments and the other Frankly Frustrating part atm, as I see where,

Insatiable lithium demand fuels investment boom in Australia

In the rocky deserts of Western Australia, a handful of little-known and once-shunned miners are suddenly in vogue as the electric vehicle industry clamors for a metal it can’t do without.
blank.gif

Executives from Australia’s lithium industry were inundated by bankers and brokers at the Diggers & Dealers Mining Forum in the outback town of Kalgoorlie this week, talking up deals to secure some of the estimated $42 billion worth of investment needed for metal producers to meet their goals.

Global automakers have snapped up producers’ shares on the open market, scrapped over supply agreements and even handed over cash for mine expansions.

“The appetite is insatiable,” Dale Henderson, chief executive officer of Pilbara Minerals Ltd., said in an interview.

“Any producer in lithium is very popular at the moment.”

With all net growth in car sales last year coming from EVs, demand for the raw materials in batteries has ramped up suddenly.

China dominates the lithium supply chain, so Western nations have sought to develop their own production.

Miners in Australia — home to about half the world’s supply, according to the US Geological Survey — are now being courted by automakers waving checkbooks.

Liontown Resources Ltd. CEO Tony Ottaviano is careful not to boast about his foresight.

“I don’t want us to come across as self-indulgent because we have immense respect for our customers, but the simple fact is it takes five to eight years to bring greenfield supply online in tier-one jurisdictions,” he said.

When the company first went to carmakers and other manufacturers for its first offtake, “it’s safe to say that interest was low.” He said.

Most were unsure whether they should get too involved in the metal sourcing process, he explained.

“Roll the clock forward and we are seeing a completely different commercial posture,” he said.

In July, Ford Motor Co. announced an agreement with Liontown for nearly a third of the miner’s expected production over the coming years, at an undisclosed value.

The deal also saw Ford provide a A$300 million ($210 million) debt facility to Liontown to further expand its Kathleen Valley site.

That transaction followed Liontown’s earlier so-called offtake deals with Tesla Inc. and South Korean battery maker LG Chem Ltd.

It also came a week after European automaker Stellantis NV took an equity stake in Australian lithium miner Vulcan Energy Resources Ltd.

Creative deals​

As recently as 2020, few cared for the natural features of Pilgangoora, a remote Pilbara Minerals site where a red flower called Sturt’s Desert Pea and a few cattle sit atop the one of largest hard-rock lithium ore deposits in the world.

Pilbara’s shares traded at 13 Australian cents then, and have since risen to more than A$2.85, giving it a market value of about $5.8 billion.

Shares in Liontown have risen about 76 times since early 2019, to a value of around $2.2 billion.

The increase is mirrored in the price of lithium itself, which gained nearly 500% in the past year.

The lithium market will be tight and prices will likely remain elevated for the rest of the year, according to BloombergNEF.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk has bemoaned the price spike on Twitter, suggesting the automaker may have to get into the mining and refining game.

Globally, the industry will need as much as $42 billion of investment by the end of the decade in order to meet demand, according to Benchmark Mineral Intelligence.

“Appetite for critical minerals from quality jurisdictions is currently the strongest we have seen,” said Campbell Cooper of investment bank Greenhill & Co., which advised Liontown on its recent deal with Ford.

“Given the competitive dynamic, deals need to be flexible and creative to succeed.”

Go West !.jpg

me-waiting-for-my-train-to-arrive-.png

No Idea.jpg

Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono Bro :unsure:

Time for my Meds Fukitol 💊

Cheers

Frank 🤞

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

JasonM

Regular
good to see endorsement of IGF, hopefully this means the powers that be follow on with the IGF report into comminere and void all their behaviour and that of zijin as illegal.

#RDC : "the IGF saves the Republic through the financial patrol. To go against it is to oppose a clear vision of a severe fight against embezzlement, a vision of the Head of State", says Thierry Monsenepwo

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
"meds", hey? That translates to a glass of what, exactly? Asking for a friend...
Any Clare Riesling for entree followed by any South Aussie GSM or Cab/Shiraz blend for mains ;):cool:

Reactions: 4 users

Skar

Regular
PS - PLS targeting 1mt pa
AVZ targeting 4.5 - 10 mt pa to start

🤦‍♂️AVZ 4.5mtpa plant will yield 760kt or 780kt (I forget which) SC6 according to the DFS and the 10mtpa expansion scenario will yield 1.6Mt of SC6 (equivalent some will be processed into sulphate). i.e if the PLS expansion goes to plan this year, between their two mines, they match or exceed the output of what AVZ was planning for the end of 2023 AND its not locked in to low ball supply contracts, it goes on the BMX to the highest bidder (i.e their cash flow will be eyewatering, they said 500M last quarter... the lithium shortfall and possibly the price per ton they can get, might increase).

If comparing the two, the only Advantage I see for AVZ is its resource size, its HUGE!!!!! but PLS is an immediate money maker, in a better jurisdiction. AVZ COULD scale into an absolute juggernaut but we are already 8 months behind when we were expecting to get our ML awarded. I see people talking about $2, $5 TO etc... I would be over the move with a $1.50 TO this year... there is so much risk that was previously just glossed over.

All in my opinion, DYOR and obviously once we are off TH and back on track I will probably start liking AVZ a heck of a lot more again.

Edit: Correction PLS expected to be 680kt, not 780kt my bad.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Frank

Top 20
*Fyi, Interesting to see what's happening just down the Road at our nearest Neighbours atm, as

Evolution of Electric Motor Vehicles, how ready are we as a Country?- Zambia

The universal realization that climate change is real and its effects primarily global warming, has negatively affected the entire globe, prompting various nations to devise pragmatic mechanisms in which such effects can be curtailed.

Several intervention measures across various disciplines are being implemented world over to stem these adverse effects of climate change.

As a key mitigation measure, one of the most ambitious programs that many nations have committed themselves to is to cease the manufacture of fossil-fuel propelled automobiles between 2030 to 2050 and replace them with environmentally friendly Electric Motor Vehicles (EMVs).

Some measures we could undertake as a nation to adequately position for this technological shift in automobile industry include;

· Amend Chapter 87 of the Customs and Excise Act to propose reduction of customs duty on electric vehicles from the current 15% to 0. This would be a catalyst to promote capital injection through Foreign Direct Investments (FDI).

· Establish electronic vehicle manufacturing or assembly plants closer to the source of raw materials to lessen transportation and production costs; Copperbelt, North-western, Southern and Central could be ideal.

· Government through ZCCM-IH encouraged to sign Memorandum of Understanding with mining entities to return at least 1% (8.8Mn Kg) of their annual mineral output locally for production of components and accessories for approximately 100, 000 EVs/annum.

· Establish charging points countrywide in conjunction with power utilities and municipalities. The charging circuit can be activated by entry of a token.

· Increase awareness of the overall benefits of electric vehicles to stimulate the appetite for demand both locally and regionally.

Currently the cost of fuel is at K24.15 per litre while the cost of electricity is at 47 ngwee to K1.94/kWh, therefore driving an electric car would be approximately six (5) times cheaper than a fossil fuel one of equivalent passenger size and weight.

Hence, the service cost is also 30% lower over a comparable duration which makes electric vehicles unquestionably economical.

With Zambia endowed with key mineral inputs to the electric vehicle sector such as copper, cobalt and nickel, it accords the country a unique competitive advantage with a huge opportunity of being leaders in the field. 🚘

It’s important to note that the world is steadily migrating towards clean and green energy technologies in almost all sectors and Zambia cannot afford to ignore the trend. We should aim to be trendsetters as opposed to being trailblazers.

The Ministry of Green Economy and Environment has exhibited Government’s unwavering commitment towards curbing of greenhouse gasses.

The transport sector migrating to full electric vehicles from fossil fuels offers low hanging fruits towards net Zero Carbon Emissions.

If these measures are implemented, the country has the ability to go to full scale electronic vehicle manufacturing in the next 4-5 years, and complete phasing out of fossil fuels automobiles by 2052. 🚘

copperbeltkatangamining.com

Democratic Republic of the Congo.png

The-future-is-Electric !!!.jpg

You Snooze - You Lose :sleep:

Food for thought Felix :rolleyes:

No Pressure :p

Frank 🤞

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

tonster66

Regular
View attachment 13397
According to the pervious ann, CAMI is operate under the supervision of the minister of mines.

3 month ago, Minister of Mines has already signed the ministerial decree to award the Mining Licence.

it seems that MOM willing to give us the ML,

and why CAMI under her supervision still pending with surface right calculation?

hopefully, it can be solved asap....
Has anyone seen the decree? Maybe the decree had issues with it?

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

mouseflying

Regular
  • Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

wombat74

Top 20
If the ML doesn't drop by Aug 15 I think it's time for NF to give us some details as to why it's taking so long for this issue to be sorted. AVZ itself said ,“We regret that the period of voluntary suspension has lasted longer than was initially intended." If it's a legal issue and must remain confidential , then say it . If it's a schedule problem ("herding cats ") , then say it . Not going to affect the SP . We are in suspension . Or does Nigel think we are so close now an explanation at this point is not necessary 😉.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Soapy

Regular
If the ML doesn't drop by Aug 15 I think it's time for NF to give us some details as to why it's taking so long for this issue to be sorted. AVZ itself said ,“We regret that the period of voluntary suspension has lasted longer than was initially intended." If it's a legal issue and must remain confidential , then say it . If it's a schedule problem ("herding cats ") , then say it . Not going to affect the SP . We are in suspension . Or does Nigel think we are so close now an explanation at this point is not necessary 😉.
Few more extensions to come is my guess

• Sad

wombat74

Top 20
Few more extensions to come is my guess
The emphasis was on the last sentence : "Or does Nigel think we are so close now an explanation at this point is not necessary" 😉. DYOR

• Thinking

Samus

Top 20
Hmm let's think :unsure:
What has been sorted so far in our long list of shitshow bullshit?
Ah yeah that's right - nothing.
15th a pipe dream imo. :(

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Frank

Top 20
Correct me if i am wrong, but that extra 15% was never a given, it was to be negotiated.

Mr market valued AVZ as having 51% control up until the extended suspension.

Agree with you in the aspect that Zijin needs to compensate AVZ for devedlopment costs aleady spent plus an added premium of snacks for being a sneaky weasel...........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Aagh, who the fuck knows...........just gotta wait it out, meanwhile as @John25 has stated, lithium coys are turning the wheel nicely making some nice gains..

LTR 88 - 149, GLN 96 - 131, PLS 206 - 285, AKE 10 - 11.72 etc

FRUSTRATING indeed @Frank

imo
*Fyi, re:- Lithium coys are turning the wheel nicely making some nice gains..

Lithium exports go parabolic, set to contribute $9.4b to Australia’s economy by 2023-24

The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) says lithium is forecast to contribute $9.4 billion in revenue to our economy by 2023-24.

Not really surprising since Australia is the world’s biggest exporter of lithium.

“Australian exports of lithium are primarily in the form of spodumene concentrate however as global demand grows, several Australian lithium mines are commencing production of lithium hydroxide,” the ABS said.

In June 2022 exports passed $1b

For most of 2021, monthly lithium exports didn’t exceed $250m, but exports values more than doubled from November to December 2021.

From April 2022 to May 2022, exports of lithium almost doubled again, and in June 2022 surpassed a massive $1 billion for the first time.

In June 2022, exports of lithium concentrates reached a record high of $1,163m, up $1,073m (1189%) from June month 2021.

And for the June quarter 2022, total lithium exports were $2,632m, up $2,318m (737%) from the June quarter 2021.

WA exported and China imported

WA accounted for over 99% of Australian lithium exports in each month since January 2021.

And China is the one buying it all.

In 2021 China accounted for over 85% of total value in each month of 2021 and in 2022, they accounted for over 94% in each month of the year to date.

Breaking that down into monetary value, in June 2022, $1,128m worth of lithium was exported to China.

That’s around 97% of the total lithium exports for that month.

Mining stocks are cheap like it’s 2008.

So what’s MineLife founder Gavin Wendt backing for 2022, and beyond?

Earlier this week we came across this fine-looking chart, showing just how unpopular US mining stocks are right now:

Price to Earnings Ratio (P/E) is a handy way for analysts and investors to understand whether markets are overvaluing or undervaluing a stock by comparing the price of a company’s stock to the earnings it generates.

It is calculated by dividing a company’s current stock price by its earnings per share. Eddy Sunarto has a fine explainer of how it works and why it’s a favourite tool here.

2008 – the last time mining companies were this cheap — was an exceptionally volatile time for the metals and mining industry.

Aluminium and copper prices hit record levels during 2008 but by the end of the year aluminium, copper, nickel and zinc had declined 55.5%, 67.8%, 67.5% and 60.3%, respectively, from their 2008 highs. Manic.

This was driven by slowing growth in China, the collapse in liquidity and downgrades to the global economic outlook.

Sound familiar?

In 2022 thus far we have seen declines of 15% for aluminium, 22% for copper, 37% for tin and 12% iron ore for many of the same reasons.

The Aussie version of same P/E chart above is a bit healthier but following a similar trend to the S&P500.

It indicates that investors are predicting greater commodity price weakness ahead, which is going to impact company earnings.

Is that too bearish an outlook, or just about right?

MineLife analyst Gavin Wendt says the downturn is understandable, but at the same time indicates that there is medium to long-term value in the sector given the commodity rush is ongoing.

“Perhaps markets are looking at the commodity cycle and saying, ‘we are selling down resources stocks because we anticipate that the existing downturn is going to be more prolonged’,” he told Stockhead.

“It could also mean investors are just taking their money out of the resources sector; in fact, many are probably taking their money out of everything right now and putting it into cash,” he says.

It could also just be a short-lived dip, Wendt says.

“Investors tend to get a little bit nervous about the resource sector when you talk about recessions, issues with China, and stagflation,” he says.

“It could turn around quite quickly over the coming months if we start to see China implement some really meaningful stimulus in order to get their construction sector, and the broader economy, going again.”

Gavin’s favourite commodities right now are …

The resources sector is a broad church; demand drivers can differ dramatically between commodities.

As such, some metals will always perform better than others.

Which sectors does Wendt like best for the remainder of 2022 and beyond?

LITHIUM

1659682930820.png

“I think the lithium sector is still the standout,” he says.

“It’s been a cocktail of negative factors since the start of 2022 — with the Ukraine war, inflation, rising interest rates, question marks over China. Meanwhile, the lithium price has just held up outstandingly well.

“We also had lockdowns in China which means consumers have not been out there consuming – that would be having a big impact on EV purchasing in China.

“There is a lot of pent-up demand there.

“But over the same period companies have been generating great profits from really strong lithium pricing.”

If lithium and lithium companies can perform that solidly during a significant period of market uncertainty then there is still a lot of upside there, Wendt says.

Demand destruction for lithium?

Not until people stop buying EVs, Pilbara Minerals says

Think demand destruction is coming for lithium?

Folks need to stop buying electric vehicles first. Just ask new Pilbara Minerals boss Dale Henderson.

PLS has the hot hand right now, the company that more than any other has exemplified the stunning rise of the lithium sector over the past 18 months.

Average prices for its spodumene from the Pilgangoora mine ran at US$4,267/dmt in the June quarter, powering a $590 million cash build at margins that would make Rio Tinto blush.

Spot prices are even higher.

Fastmarkets estimates they are trading at US$6625/t, Platts a tick lower at US$6100/t, not unreasonable given downstream chemicals are fetching more than US$70,000/t.

Its latest Battery Materials Exchange auction announced yesterday pulled US$6350/t for a 5.5% Li2O spodumene concentrate.

Will chemical converters, automakers and battery companies get fed up with these prices, in some cases almost 10 times what they were paying in late 2020?

“That’s the big one everyone grapples with. What I find amazing about what’s unfolding is I talk about a birth of a new industry for lithium, but it’s a whole birth of an EV industry, all happening at the same time,” Henderson said.

“If we just take the EV, where does the cost base go? Ultimately, if the battery can own a higher proportion of the EV cost because you’re saving on all the other stuff, does that enable that to propagate back through to high commodity costs?

“Who knows? Demand destruction I feel will only occur when the person buying the EV says ‘no, that car’s got too expensive, I’m gonna go buy my combustion engine car’.

“I think that’s what creates demand destruction. Now, we haven’t seen that yet because we’re still seeing sold out EVs and all the rest of it. But when we start getting indicators that people are going ‘bugger the EV I’ll take the dirty diesel’ well, I think that would definitely equal demand destruction.”

1659683496784.png

The-future-is-Electric.png

More Food for thought on a Friday my Friends and Fellow SH's :unsure:

Cheers 🍻

Frank 🤞

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 13 users

CHB

Regular
The emphasis was on the last sentence : "Or does Nigel think we are so close now an explanation at this point is not necessary" 😉. DYOR
He's been thinking we're close since like October 2021 lol

• Haha

Samus

Top 20
He's been thinking we're close since like October 2021 lol
:unsure:
avz-timeline.png
;)

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 16 users

The Fox

Regular
Hmm let's think :unsure:
What has been sorted so far in our long list of shitshow bullshit?
Ah yeah that's right - nothing.
15th a pipe dream imo. :(
How the F would you know what has and hasn't been sorted. Are you on the Board? are you part of the AVZ legal team? The market will be informed in due course, or you can speculate until the cows come home. Poop your pants if you want, or have faith that because issues are in front of the courts or under Government action details cannot be provided to your satisfaction. Up to you dude how you spend your days, as for me, I don't have to wear nappies and expect a positive outcome for shareholders. Cheers The Fox :)

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Samus

Top 20
How the F would you know what has and hasn't been sorted. Are you on the Board? are you part of the AVZ legal team? The market will be informed in due course, or you can speculate until the cows come home. Poop your pants if you want, or have faith that because issues are in front of the courts or under Government action details cannot be provided to your satisfaction. Up to you dude how you spend your days, as for me, I don't have to wear nappies and expect a positive outcome for shareholders. Cheers The Fox :)
No need to be so rude I would have thought? 😲

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

The Fox

Regular
No need to be so rude I would have thought? 😲
Well, no need to be so pessimistic, mine is an appropriate response to claims of a long list off shitshow and bullshit which in fact is a couple of unexpected items that are being sorted out by AVZ, don't believe the trolls and the down ramping hyperbole.

So many are like, Oh the sky is falling, Oh the sky is falling, if the sky unexpectedly falls, we will all know, until that time, I'd rely on ASX announcements only.

Have a great weekend !!!

Cheers The Fox

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 12 users

Samus

Top 20
Well, no need to be so pessimistic, mine is an appropriate response to claims of a long list off shitshow and bullshit which in fact is a couple of unexpected items that are being sorted out by AVZ, don't believe the trolls and the down ramping hyperbole.

So many are like, Oh the sky is falling, Oh the sky is falling, if the sky unexpectedly falls, we will all know, until that time, I'd rely on ASX announcements only.

Have a great weekend !!!

Cheers The Fox
I don't believe it's an appropriate response to start swearing and carrying on at fellow shareholders.
I'm actually cool calm and collected and none of the things you suggest above, having a bit of a laugh with the folks who understand my angle.
If you don't, don't give it a thumbs up and if you are going to respond it's not that hard to keep it a bit civil.

Regards trading by the 15th, hope so and you are right that I have NFI beyond what we've heard through asx (bugger all), digging every day for any fresh information shedding further light on the matter and sharing anything relevant on this platform. However the feeling I'm getting based on the information that we do have available is that it's probably going to take a bit more time to sort out these "couple of unexpected items". Given the media spotlight on the situation it'd be a reasonable expectation that we may very well hear of any positive outcomes before they're officially released to market (imo).

Shitshow and bullshit are expressive of situations such as our partner Cominière in Dathcom selling percentages of the project against the jv agreement and of Dathomir allegedly rendering AVZ's previous 15% purchase nul and void through corrupt Congolese courts. Not to mention the Chinese angle and likely political pressures associated with this. The tenement being split against Congolese mining laws and things like the situation of Cominière seemingly blocking the passage of AVZ's mining rights through CAMI aided by the director of that entity. Recent articles seeming to suggest that Cominière are actually attempting to oust AVZ's from Dathcom under false allegations and lies.
All this ongoing after Cominière have been exposed as corrupt by the Congolese anti-corruption watchdog the IGF and Jules Alingete Key some 6 months ago.
We've heard no sign of a resolution to any of the above issues or the arbitration proceedings.

Everyone is frustrated with the situation, lighten up a bit.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users
Top Bottom