• Love
Reactions: 13 users

CashKing

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

JAG

Top 20
Look, no disrespect to Cash, but in the last 4 years, not a single rumour from our taxi driver friends, or contacts "in the know" not a single one came true.
Not a single rumor came true.
Just remember that. Yes people are full of shit.
Azz, once you have met face to face, can have a beer regularly and email regularly, text and SMS not just for AVZ but day to day shit......these are the people I trust.

(y)(y)

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Frank

Top 20
Shut up and take my money….. is that legit ? Let me sort it…
AVZ the best Li performer on the ASX

Well, It was great while it lasted, be tough to Top that No2 spot on the Crapper :unsure:

*Fyi, Poor old Piedmont in a Pickle looking at securing lithium supplies in Quebec and Ghana, due to "Regulatory Quagmire" :eek:

Piedmont Lithium looks abroad amid North Carolina uncertainty

Piedmont Lithium Inc’s first steps toward securing lithium supplies will be in Quebec or Ghana, not the United States, as an intensifying North Carolina regulatory review delays the miner’s goal of anchoring America’s electric vehicle battery renaissance.
blank.gif

The delay has forced Piedmont to expand its strategy beyond its proposed North Carolina mine – a project it has touted as the best way to help secure American energy independence, but one that now faces a regulatory quagmire – and fund mines abroad.

“We think two of our projects will happen faster than our Carolina Lithium project: Quebec and Ghana,” said Chief Executive Keith Phillips.

“The (North Carolina) regulators are doing a very good job. It’s a rigorous process. It’ll happen when it happens.” :oops: :eek: :rolleyes:

Piedmont was founded in 2016 in Australia but moved its headquarters last year to North Carolina, where it hopes to dig a 500-foot-deep (150 m-deep) open-pit mine in a $988 million project that would be one of the largest US lithium mines.

The relocation was designed to be closer to EV manufacturing plants being built across the US South by Toyota, SK Innovation and others.

Piedmont signed a deal in 2020 to begin supplying Tesla Inc with lithium sometime between July 2022 and July 2023 from the North Carolina mine, but last year delayed the first shipments without a definitive date for when deliveries could begin.

Reuters reported last summer that Piedmont’s chaotic roll out of that plan – in which it wooed Wall Street and Tesla before local residents – had fueled concerns about levels of dust, noise and vibrations in the area just outside Charlotte.

Those issues are now the focus of the state mining review process that officials and the company itself acknowledge has no clear end date.

Piedmont does not have an expectation for when its North Carolina facility will open.

As opposition to the North Carolina mine grew, Piedmont invested last year in Quebec-focused Sayona Mining Ltd and Ghana-focused Atlantic Lithium Ltd.

Meanwhile, Albemarle Corp, the world’s biggest lithium miner, is hiring staff and buying land in a neighboring North Carolina county as it mulls re-opening a mothballed spodumene lithium mine that would compete directly with Piedmont.

Regulatory questions​

North Carolina regulators asked Piedmont in January for more detail on 12 points they felt were not adequately explained in the company’s mining permit application, according to regulatory filings.

Regulators asked Piedmont to explain how the proposed mine could affect water table levels, as well as how to modify mine site blasting on cloudy days to limit dust that could affect a nearby airport’s operations.

The state additionally has “many concerns” about Piedmont’s plans to discharge chemicals into the public sewer system, according to the filings, and archaeologists have recommended that Piedmont erect a 25-foot buffer around four cemeteries at the mine site, a step that could force the company to change its development plans.

Piedmont has until July 13 to respond.

Piedmont said it has applied for US Department of Energy loans, although the company would need to have its North Carolina permits before it would receive government support.

The funds could not be used to dig mines in Quebec or Ghana.

In January 2021, Piedmont bought a roughly 20% stake in Sayona and its Quebec lithium projects.

First production is expected next year.

Piedmont also took a 9% stake in Ghana-focused Atlantic Lithium, and committed to spending $17 million on a feasibility study and $70 million on building Atlantic’s Ewoyaa lithium project.

The market value of both investments has surged in the past year due in part to rising lithium prices.

Piedmont will not operate the mines in Quebec or Ghana, but has agreed to buy at least half of each company’s production of a lightly processed type of lithium known as spodumene concentrate.

Albemarle looms

Pushback from residents and regulators is not Piedmont’s only problem in North Carolina.

Albemarle, which supplies Tesla, appears set to reopen its Kings Mountain, North Carolina, mine in a mining-friendly county near Piedmont’s proposed site.

In March, it bought 60 acres (25 hectares) that abut that mine site, hinting at the company’s future expansion plans. Albemarle has also recently posted job openings to help run the facility.

Albemarle is conducting initial geological tests and the project could open by 2027, spokesperson Kim Ronkin Casey said.

Lithium produced from spodumene rock can be used to make lithium hydroxide, which is prized by EV battery manufacturers partly because it holds a charge longer than the more-common lithium carbonate.

The United States does not have an active lithium spodumene mine, so the first one to open will garner huge interest from the country’s nascent battery sector.

Albemarle said it has been sharing its plans widely with the local community, taking the opposite tack from Piedmont, which purposefully did not approach local residents with its plans for years.

“There’s a lot of work we’re doing also with the community,” said Eric Norris, head of Albemarle’s lithium division.

“We’ve engaged them very early on.”

Chinese battery giant CATL prices $6.7 billion share sale

Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd., the largest maker of batteries for electric cars, raised 45 billion yuan ($6.7 billion) after pricing one of the world’s biggest stock offerings this year.

The share sale ranks as the second biggest globally this year, after rival battery maker LG Energy Solution Ltd. raised $10.7 billion in January in South Korea’s biggest ever initial public offering, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

CATL, based in Ningde in eastern China’s Fujian province, has said it plans to use the proceeds for the production and upgrade of lithium-ion battery manufacturing in four Chinese cities, as well as research and development.

www.mining.com/category/battery-metals/

AVZ # ! #.jpg

Made in Africa !.jpg

#Tonka.jpg

AVZ ( Still ) the best Li performer on the ASX (y)

Last edited:

JAG

Top 20
1655989562229.png

• Wow
  • Haha

JAG

Top 20
1655989606499.png

Reactions: 12 users

JAG

Top 20
Pure GOLD....White Gold:):)

1655989677085.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Rambo

Regular

• Wow
Reactions: 10 users

Rambo

Regular
I couldn’t figure out how to put text with the link all in same post. I found this to be interesting a 1000km range is a fair bit longer than any I have heard of before. This definitely allows for longer trips without stopping or waiting as much to recharge. I wonder with the money catl has raised they must surely want Manono to come online sooner than later. The amount of expansion and upgrades they plan with the amount of batteries the will make, they are going to need an enormous mine all to themselves one day.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

CashKing

Regular
Pure GOLD....White Gold:):)

View attachment 9967

I’m pretty smashed but hopefully we torture the trolls again mate 👍 Once some eastern staters wake up we will see 😃

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

cruiser51

Top 20
I couldn’t figure out how to put text with the link all in same post. I found this to be interesting a 1000km range is a fair bit longer than any I have heard of before. This definitely allows for longer trips without stopping or waiting as much to recharge. I wonder with the money catl has raised they must surely want Manono to come online sooner than later. The amount of expansion and upgrades they plan with the amount of batteries the will make, they are going to need an enormous mine all to themselves one day.
Would be very nice if Catl also starts to produce this battery in the DRC for African, Usa and European markets.

Cost wise these batteries could be made with Manono lithium and other DRC mined materials in a DRC factory, all powered by Hydro power, much cheaper than anywhere in the world.

No need to ship raw materials halfway around the world.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users

Dazmac66

Regular
Oh no! It looks like the US market is going to finish green. I'm so confused.🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Bin59

Regular
I’m pretty smashed but hopefully we torture the trolls again mate 👍 Once some eastern staters wake up we will see 😃
I see what you did there Cash 😉👌

WHAT A MONSTER OF MANONO GHOST & ONLY JUST WAKING UP

1656024315432.jpeg

• Haha

JAG

Top 20
Hahahahahahahahahahahahah

1656024446151.png

• Haha
  • Love

CashKing

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

John25

Regular
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users

Frank

Top 20

CATL unveils EV battery with one-charge range of 1,000 km

Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd. unveiled an electric-car battery it said has a range of over 1,000 kilometers (620 miles) on a single charge and is 13% more powerful than one planned by Tesla Inc., a major customer.
blank.gif

CATL, as the world’s biggest maker of electric-car batteries, is known, will start manufacturing the next-generation “Qilin” next year, according to a video the Chinese company streamed online Thursday. The battery charges faster than existing cells, and is safer and more durable, CATL said.

The Qilin battery, named after a mythical Chinese creature, has an energy density of up to 255 watt-hours per kilogram, Ningde, Fujian-based CATL said.

“It’s an important advancement for CATL as it keeps them at the forefront on the innovation side,” said Tu Le, managing director of Beijing-based consultancy Sino Auto Insights.

“Being the lowest cost provider isn’t enough to command loyalty, there needs to be more to it — and that seems to be the Qilin battery for CATL.”

Lithium stocks rout continues despite fresh hard rock price record

At the end of May, Goldman Sachs rattled lithium stocks after the investment bank declared the battery metals bull market “over for now”.

Goldman called today’s lithium levels a “fundamental mispricing that has in turn generated an outsized supply response well ahead of the demand trend.”
blank.gif

Goldman predicted an average around $55,000 a tonne for this year, but its forecast for 2023 was particularly eye-raising – a very precise $16,372 a tonne.

The widely quoted report prompted a sell-off in lithium stocks, and a flurry of reports taking on Goldman’s thesis.

Three weeks later, the bloodletting has not stopped, with Australian hard rock producers particularly hard hit.

Many investors are nursing losses around 30% – and more among the smaller stocks – since the publication of the report (China’s Tianqi and Ganfeng, now the world’s most valuable lithium producers, being the obvious exceptions.)

In a blog post, Matt Fernley of Battery Materials Review says equity markets are getting just about everything wrong about lithium.

Fernley concludes that “until the penny drops with most investors, I’ll be enjoying myself doing some bottom fishing and picking up many of these oversold stocks at prices I never dreamt that I would be able to again in this cycle.”

Spodumene surge​

Pilbara Minerals is a good example of the extent to which stocks have decoupled from realities on the ground.

The ASX-listed hard rock miner today announced another record price for its spodumene concentrate at auction of $7,017 a tonne (SC 6% CIF China basis).

That’s up around $500 from a month ago.

After an initial bump following the announcement, Pilbara Minerals ended the day in Sydney down again.

The stock is now down 30% since the Goldman report and 47% from its recent high.

Its performance is also much worse than the broader market – the ASX is down around 10% over the same period.

Dale Henderson, Pilbara’s chief executive officer, in an ASX filing, took a swipe at industry naysayers:

“Contrary to recent suggestions that the market has peaked, the evidence we are seeing at the coal-face with our customers, including this pricing outcome, suggests that the demand remains incredibly strong.”

The weekly price assessment published on Wednesday by Benchmark Mineral Intelligence, a battery supply chain and price reporting agency, shows an uptick in prices in China from the week before.

After a pullback from record highs in April, lithium prices have now stabilised, with Benchmark Mineral Intelligence’s price assessment pegging battery grade lithium carbonate (EXW China, ≥99.5% Li2CO3) at a midpoint of $69,875 per tonne for the past week, up slightly on the week before.

That’s still up 88% over the first five months of the year and compares to prices this time in 2021 below $20,000.

Lofty lithium bid suggests scorching rally may not be over

The highest bid for lithium at an auction run by an Australian miner suggests a blistering rally in the battery metal may not be over.
blank.gif

Pilbara Minerals Ltd. said a buyer will pay a price equating to $7,017 a ton for spodumene concentrate — a partly-processed form of lithium — delivered to China.

The sale of the 5,000-ton cargo compares with a top bid of $6,586 at the last auction on the miner’s Battery Metal Exchange about a month ago.

www.mining.com/category/battery-metals/

1656027660683.png

AVZ - Monster Of Manono Mining Licence Imminent

Food for thought on the Road to Mining the Monster of Manono and that Imminent ML 🚘 ⚒️ 🔋

Frank :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: 22 users

obe wan

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

John25

Regular
Ok ok ok …Countdown is about to commence…firing up all engines …next Friday is the 1/7 or as stated maybe before then …getting a small twitch in my pants …& at my age :)
00415F0A-E8F2-4390-8D79-503E096909B7.png

• Haha
  • Fire

JAG

Top 20
Movin on up!! :LOL:
1656031290657.png

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom