AVZ Discussion 2022

JAG

Top 20
This one goes out to Deboss.........The Man, The Ghost, The Legend......who is here :cool:

Good morning @great_martis

1646213130950.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Roller62

Regular
As a Long Term AVZ shareholder / supporter, I wouldn't / couldn't care less or begrudge anyone from Manono, ( Men, Women or Children ) knowing how hard it is just to survive over there on a daily basis, who is trying to scratch a living out of Mountains of Waste sitting right on their doorstep, just a short walk away.

AVZ is monitoring that it doesn't happen on their lease.

What, 24/7 and by who, So are the Cobalt Mines on Foreign Correspondent the other night, but that doesn't Stop them, the only thing that keeps the Kids out and away from these places is an Education and a School that can accommodate them, but what happens on the weekends, or when the Schools are Full to overflowing, assuming there is one to go to in the first place, recently @140 Schools were washed away / damaged in DRC Floods :cry:

*To remind,

Haut-Lomami: nearly 140 schools collapsed following torrential rains

Heavy rains caused enormous damage in the five territories of Haut-Lomami province.

The most affected sector is certainly education: 136 schools collapsed and more than 10,000 students out of school, a provincial deputy said Thursday, February 24.

This natural disaster has aggravated the precarious situation of the inhabitants, whose fields have been destroyed by elephants.

The provincial deputy Paul Senga, president of the natural disasters commission of the provincial assembly, alerted this institution to this effect.

In addition to the damage caused by elephants and hippos in the fields, the torrential rains plunge the local population into great disarray.

They not only caused flooding, but also damaged several schools; thus forcing thousands of schoolchildren to join the mining quarries.

The provincial deputy Paul Senga launches this cry of distress: “The current assessment was established in consultation between local administrations, civil society, the customary chiefs of the affected entities.

A total of 136 schools collapsed, more than 8 to 10,000 students out of school.

We are issuing an urgent alert to the national authorities, to the central government so that they intervene in the educational sector, a cry of distress to the Minister of EPST so that he can lend us an attentive ear”.

Apart from school infrastructure, some health facilities were also affected by these torrential rains.

View attachment 2077

*As if that's not Bad enough, they poor people of the Congo have to Deal with Shit like this from a Mining Co on a regular basis , as

Thousands of people in danger in Lubumbashi due to CDM mining activities

In the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), about 30,000 people living in three districts of the city of Lubumbashi are affected by the mining activities of the Congo Dongfang Mining (CDM) company.

This Chinese company dumps huge quantities of wastewater in the Kasapa, Kamatete and Kamisepe districts, causing flooding and erosion, polluting water and soil.

The NGO Afrewatch, based in Lubumbashi, launched the alert on February 25, during the publication of its report on "CDM mining and its impacts on the environment and the health of populations".

For the time being, the CDM company does not comment on this report.

In the meantime, in the Kasapa district, Judith's family lives nearly 300 meters from the CDM factory.

This Friday, Judith could not go to school because it rained on the city and the canal that collects the water from CDM is flooded. Impossible to cross it.

“The company dumps its water every time it rains. I missed class there.

The canal was full and the water overflowed into our house. It is our daily ordeal, ”she testifies.

Further on, Wivine Tshibwabwa is sitting in front of the Health post where she works as a nurse.

Here, she receives several complaints from patients who blame the mining activity: “People often complain of urinary tract infections, skin rashes and respiratory infections.

Normally, we shouldn't live here.

For its part, the NGO Afrewatch, which investigated the environmental situation in this district, is formal.

The water and the soil are polluted in view of the results of the analyzes of the samples: “It was found, in the water and in the soil, a high concentration of copper and mercury.

By manipulating this water and this polluted soil, the population is exposed to diseases”, warns Jacques Kabulo, member of Afrewatch.

No reaction from CDM yet.

However, the environmental protection department has asked this company to set up a settling basin for its water so as not to discharge it into the neighborhoods.

View attachment 2080

Food for thought or in most cases in the DRC, No food at all :eek:

I even heard People were eating Dirt to survive recently :cry:

Frank :(
I don’t think AVZ want cave ins and potential deaths on their hands!

They will not want villagers digging around on AVZ leases.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Samus

Top 20
Certainly appreciate many of your comments there @Sammael

I think the DRC is in a very difficult position ...I'll explain

Yes they desperately and rightly want to develop the battery chain in their country (and granting the mining licence would logically seem to be the thing to get it all going)

But under previous regimes the DRC has made some very poor (and probably corrupt) arrangements to progress certain ventures

So I think this is a case of the DRC just really wanting to get this one "right"

And I mean "right" in a lot of contexts..... Politically, financially, legally, contractually, socially, community, future, stakeholders, grass roots you name it

So I reckon they want to try and get as much as they can right "upfront".....rather than hoping and relying on getting it sorted "down the track"

I know it's unrealistic to think you'll get eveything right upfront.....and trying to achieve some sort of "perfection" ultimately leads to paralysis by analysis.......but I'll cut the DRC a fair bit of slack while they work towards getting this once in a lifetime opprtunity up and running on the right tracks

We will all be the better for it IMHO

Cheers
Nut:cool:
Admittedly I have no idea what sort of conditions could get caught up in this technical approval process and how thorough it might need to be before approval of the licence.
But it's becoming clear that we've been well and truly caught up with the the DRC's broader ambitious along with past mistakes.
On face value I'd have thought that the environmental approvals might have proven the more tricky part.
Hopefully you are right in your assumptions which I don't have any reason to disagree with but I'd still say they need to get their shit together in order to catch this lithium boom at the right time and for their own sake as much as anyone else's.
I'd only add that none of this really seems to reflect well on managements interpretations of the actual situation on the ground so far. Hopefully Nigel can more effectively respond to and rectify any outstanding issues in person.

Reactions: 4 users

Frank

Top 20
For anyone who may have missed this Top Rated Post on "The Crapper" by our friend Thorgin yesterday, here it is just for Shits & Giggles :ROFLMAO:

AVZ ML.jpg

I reckon we should send Nigel a Framed Print for his Office on his Birthday or Xmas - whichever comes first imo

Although i'm sure he wouldn't want to be reminded why the ML is taking so Feckin' long on a Daily Basis tbo :oops:

*To remind,

#Nigel's Plan V Reality.jpg

Now all we need is to get Thorgin onboard TSE asap (y)

Food for thought

Frank :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

CHB

Regular
Send it to him right after the ML is approved 😂

Reactions: 1 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
For anyone who may have missed this Top Rated Post on "The Crapper" by our friend Thorgin yesterday, here it is just for Shits & Giggles :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 2122

I reckon we should send Nigel a Framed Print for his Office on his Birthday or Xmas - whichever comes first imo

Although i'm sure he wouldn't want to be reminded why the ML is taking so Feckin' long on a Daily Basis tbo :oops:

*To remind,

View attachment 2123

Now all we need is to get Thorgin onboard TSE asap (y)

Food for thought

Frank :cool:
Righto ...

Gotta get Thorgin on board...

1646229357940.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Doc

Master of Quan
KE dumped half his shares on that shocker day, then a month later resigned then was retained as a consultant till early Q4 2018.

Question is why dump? Sector sentiment decline was a screen, limit of his intentions also covers, pointing to others selling is another. My reckoning is he hid something even more alarming: that AVZ was deliberately misled by a consultant regards BNB (Chinese investors quickly saw this, English Aussies : no) — after all nothing came of the BNB MOU -/ everyone was waiting for project finance after Manono visit and nada emerged till KE dumped,

issue is Did AVZ rely too much on that consultant when going public on that MOU relationship? Is that a fair question? Did KE in a way drink the poison chalice of notoriety by deflecting from a more fundamental question about management being led ‘down the garden path’? Even so, is management required to do its own due diligence on particulars? Where’s responsibility?

Again, big questions arise with going to mine.

How do people see AVZ running MLTO?
KE was there for the takeover and quick dollar, that’s it. When the take over didn’t materialize he bailed. End of story

Reactions: 3 users

JAG

Top 20
Looking forward to a sensational day today........I LOVE GREEN :p:p

Gap....what Gap??? ;);)

1646260640021.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Remark

Top 20
"Who's looking good today?
Who's looking good in every way?"
C'mon AVZ smash that 90!

Remark

Top 20
Smashed!

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Mickyb64

Regular
91.5 very nice start.....

Reactions: 7 users

Costi

Welcome back, 90’s 😃

Reactions: 9 users

pistolpete

Emerged
$1 party today me thinks

Reactions: 8 users

Misfits

Regular
$1 party today me thinks
Hope so, but doubt it. Possible tomorrow providing no WW3 starts and the DOW behaves. Anticipation for ASX200 a driver, possibly.

Reactions: 7 users

Frank

Top 20
Welcome back, 90’s 😃

Welcome back JAG.jpg

#90'sMix.jpg

Welcome back indeed after that "Little Hiccup" Now let's get this $1 Party Started asap (y) :cool:(y)

Reactions: 12 users

Frank

Top 20
I don’t think AVZ want cave ins and potential deaths on their hands!

They will not want villagers digging around on AVZ leases.

*Of course they wouldn't, but these poor people of the DRC / Manono are desperate, live in appalling conditions and struggle to get clean drinking water, let alone enough Food on the table to feed their family each day, It's extremely tough, Let them Dig or give them a Job asap, anyway, you'll be pleased to know that,

A delegation from Biden administration at Sama Lukonde to talk about the fight against child labor in the mining sector

The Prime Minister, Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde Kyenge, received, this Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at the Primature, a delegation from the International Office of Labor Affairs of the United States of America, led by Ambassador Mike Hammer.

Important issues related to labor law and more particularly to the fight against child labor in mines were discussed, told the press Ms. Thea Mei Lee, Deputy Under Secretary of the International Bureau of Labor Affairs. of the United States of America.

“I am very happy to be here in the Democratic Republic of Congo. We appreciate the Government’s commitment to the rule of law and good governance. We are here to express our friendship, our partnership with the Government of the DRC We work very closely with the Ministry of Labor and the Ministry of Mines to ensure that anything related to mining products cannot contain child labor aspects. of the Biden administration regarding the importance of our relationship with the DRC. Labor rights are an important aspect of the partnership. It is important for the well-being of citizens, also for economic growth and for trust,” said Ms. Thea Mei Lee.

The American delegation also welcomed the particular attention that Prime Minister Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde paid to the issues discussed.

“The Prime Minister was very welcoming, very well informed. We were happy that he could share our commitment to labor rights. This also includes strengthening labor inspection. cobalt and the importance of ensuring that there is no forced labor, child labor, even in the field of artisanal activities,” she said.

Copperbelt Katanga.png

Reactions: 2 users

TheCount

Regular
Reactions: 6 users

Frank

Top 20
  • Haha

Winenut

Go AVZ!

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I've had my AVZ cap since December 2021 (Thanks Jag!)

Will wear it for the first time at the $1 party

Hopefully not too far away :cool:

Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom