AVZ Discussion 2022

RHyNO

Regular
Tommy,

Need I remind you that we still have the ICSID and ICC to play out - I am quietly confident.

Lets see how the shorters go - poor things it must be hurting.

Regards,

SilentOne
Thanks for the reminder, need I remind you that absolutely no one involved in this on the Chinese or DRC side will adhere to any rulings or acknowledge the court. And before you say it. Th IMF also don’t give 2 fucks

Reactions: 2 users

Jazz

Regular
IMO... this is a great question! Especially with regards to "a listed entity gives rise to inherent complications"... interestingly vague!
My initial response to that was that for years we have been fighting with one, or both, hands tied behind our back. Partly due to the compliance requirements of the ASX. Maybe being unlisted gives is some more freedom, perhaps to play by some less stringent rules. Maybe helpful when dealing with a country which has no rules. All just a a guess though.

Reactions: 16 users

John25

Regular
I think its time for a bit of honesty/clarity about our situation .We have given the BoD 2 years of secretive leadership & an open letter by Nigel to SH’s would be greatly appreciated .The BoD have gotten off fairly lightly with a limited Q&A at Frasiers & no Q&A from SH’s at the last AGM ,the main task was to keep Fat Fucks off the board in which SH’s did

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

SilentOne

Regular
Thanks for the reminder, need I remind you that absolutely no one involved in this on the Chinese or DRC side will adhere to any rulings or acknowledge the court. And before you say it. Th IMF also don’t give 2 fucks
Tommy,

But you do know that ICSID rulings are enforceable or am I wrong?

I suspect that there are allot of DRC Assets outside the DRC, some may even have been embezzled - but again I could be wrong.

Lets see how this plays out.

I am eternally optimistic.

Regards,

SilentOne

• Fire
Reactions: 22 users

RHyNO

Regular
Tommy,

But you do know that ICSID rulings are enforceable or am I wrong?

I suspect that there are allot of DRC Assets outside the DRC, some may even have been embezzled - but again I could be wrong.

Lets see how this plays out.

I am eternally optimistic.

Regards,

SilentOne
By whom and what medium are they enforced?

• Thinking
  • Fire

SilentOne

Regular
By whom and what medium are they enforced?

Non-compliance with an award from the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) can have several consequences, primarily because such non-compliance directly contravenes the obligations that member states have agreed to under the ICSID Convention. While the Convention itself does not specify penalties for non-compliance, there are indirect repercussions and broader implications for a state that fails to honor an ICSID award. Here are some of the potential consequences:

1. Legal and Financial Consequences:
    • Interest on Unpaid Awards: Typically, ICSID awards include provisions for interest to accrue on any unpaid sums. Thus, the financial burden on the non-compliant state can increase over time as interest accrues on the outstanding amount.
    • Enforcement in Other Jurisdictions: The aggrieved party can seek enforcement of the award in any of the countries that are signatories to the ICSID Convention. This can lead to the seizure or freezing of state assets located in foreign jurisdictions, though this is subject to international laws concerning sovereign immunity.
  2. Political and Diplomatic Repercussions:
    • Strain on International Relations: Non-compliance can strain the diplomatic relations between the non-compliant state and the home country of the aggrieved investor, potentially affecting bilateral trade, investment, and political cooperation.
    • Impact on International Standing: Persistent non-compliance or disregard for international arbitration awards can tarnish a state's reputation in the international community, potentially making other countries and international investors wary of engaging with it.
  3. Economic and Investment Impact:
    • Reduced Foreign Investment: A reputation for non-compliance with international arbitration awards can deter foreign investors, who may see it as a sign of legal unpredictability and a high-risk environment. This could lead to a decrease in foreign direct investment (FDI), which can be crucial for economic development.
    • Credit Rating and Borrowing Costs: International financial markets and credit rating agencies might view non-compliance as indicative of a broader governance issue, potentially leading to a downgrade in credit ratings. This can increase the cost of borrowing for the country on international markets.
  4. Legal Precedents and Future Disputes:
    • Influence on Future Cases: Non-compliance might influence the proceedings and rulings of future international disputes involving the state. Arbitrators in other forums might view the state’s non-compliance as a negative factor, potentially influencing dispute resolution outcomes unfavorably against the state.
While these are not direct "penalties" in the traditional sense of punitive measures imposed by a governing body, they are significant negative consequences that can affect multiple aspects of a nation's political, economic, and legal landscape. States typically weigh these potential repercussions carefully when deciding whether to comply with an ICSID award.

I am not an expert in this area - please do your own research.

Regards,

SilentOne.

Reactions: 16 users

RHyNO

Regular
Also agree! I think the freedom afforded by not being ASX listed will make us nimble and capable of doing business in this corrupt space

• Thinking

RHyNO

Regular
Non-compliance with an award from the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) can have several consequences, primarily because such non-compliance directly contravenes the obligations that member states have agreed to under the ICSID Convention. While the Convention itself does not specify penalties for non-compliance, there are indirect repercussions and broader implications for a state that fails to honor an ICSID award. Here are some of the potential consequences:

• Interest on Unpaid Awards: Typically, ICSID awards include provisions for interest to accrue on any unpaid sums. Thus, the financial burden on the non-compliant state can increase over time as interest accrues on the outstanding amount.
    • Enforcement in Other Jurisdictions: The aggrieved party can seek enforcement of the award in any of the countries that are signatories to the ICSID Convention. This can lead to the seizure or freezing of state assets located in foreign jurisdictions, though this is subject to international laws concerning sovereign immunity.
    • Strain on International Relations: Non-compliance can strain the diplomatic relations between the non-compliant state and the home country of the aggrieved investor, potentially affecting bilateral trade, investment, and political cooperation.
    • Impact on International Standing: Persistent non-compliance or disregard for international arbitration awards can tarnish a state's reputation in the international community, potentially making other countries and international investors wary of engaging with it.
    • Reduced Foreign Investment: A reputation for non-compliance with international arbitration awards can deter foreign investors, who may see it as a sign of legal unpredictability and a high-risk environment. This could lead to a decrease in foreign direct investment (FDI), which can be crucial for economic development.
    • Credit Rating and Borrowing Costs: International financial markets and credit rating agencies might view non-compliance as indicative of a broader governance issue, potentially leading to a downgrade in credit ratings. This can increase the cost of borrowing for the country on international markets.
    • Influence on Future Cases: Non-compliance might influence the proceedings and rulings of future international disputes involving the state. Arbitrators in other forums might view the state’s non-compliance as a negative factor, potentially influencing dispute resolution outcomes unfavorably against the state.
While these are not direct "penalties" in the traditional sense of punitive measures imposed by a governing body, they are significant negative consequences that can affect multiple aspects of a nation's political, economic, and legal landscape. States typically weigh these potential repercussions carefully when deciding whether to comply with an ICSID award.

Regards,

SilentOne.
Amazing thanks for the insight silent one. Greatly appreciated

Reactions: 1 users

tonster66

Regular

Miljew91

Regular
Amazing thanks for the insight silent one. Greatly appreciated
I hope everyone knows this isn't the real Tommy from afr lol

Reactions: 1 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Haha what? Nigel’s been good actually and put up with a lot of shit especially when in country. Him and Ben definitely have my respect I’ve heard a few things.

Rest of them can probably move on they’ve got plenty of shares and will be rewarded if we are

Apart from some excellent skills they bring to the table the appointment of additional board members I believe was partly to limit the number of available board positions and help in a strategic way to keep those MMGA and Fat Tail cunts from getting a seat on AVZ for their grubby fucking corrupted arses....

Or something like that :cool:

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Interesting pieces having reread; Fat tail must put up security to continue to the value of expected payout should avz win - I’ll take Peter’s house thanks.

Locke had 2 x tranches one for lit funding and another for opex (less expensive) avz should be sweet until September before needing these at all.

Mentioned sale of asset/divestment for the first time.

Think we’re done with Cath/Catl which is a good thing in my mind but both parties playing possum and hence doubt we’ll get 20m from them.

I recon being delisted would make it easier to sell (unconfirmed) and judging by the agm results most shareholders would be stoked to vote yes should this occur.

Reactions: 18 users

Doc

Master of Quan
Interesting pieces having reread; Fat tail must put up security to continue to the value of expected payout should avz win - I’ll take Peter’s house thanks.

Locke had 2 x tranches one for lit funding and another for opex (less expensive) avz should be sweet until September before needing these at all.

Mentioned sale of asset/divestment for the first time.

Think we’re done with Cath/Catl which is a good thing in my mind but both parties playing possum and hence doubt we’ll get 20m from them.

I recon being delisted would make it easier to sell (unconfirmed) and judging by the agm results most shareholders would be stoked to vote yes should this occur.
As long as we dont have to pay 20m to Cath then kick the back stabbing bastards out the door.

Reactions: 14 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Think we’ll dicktease Cath along to avoid that happening with no real intention for us to mine unless something drastic happens. Great result as we’re not having to give them 24% for next to nothing.

They are all the same and beholden to Chinese government so fuck them

• Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Shorters on the other channel all freaking out, underlying comments and posting links.

Avz has enough money to continue these court cases which they will win and make very very uncomfortable for the DRC government. Cominiere told superiors we would go bankrupt and slip away which is not going to happen.

Read a few articles recently about large groups looking for lithium investments in Africa and have billions up their sleeve, draw your own conclusions.

Sucks for people needing cash soon but if reach out to shorters who are desperate to buy shares and close positions.

People are also suggesting we give Dathomir back 15% for $20M despite our court case being a slam dunk against them clearly, an absolute joke and very short sighted.

I’m not concerned at all re delisting despite it being disapointing from an optics perspective

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Doc

Master of Quan
Shorters on the other channel all freaking out, underlying comments and posting links.

Avz has enough money to continue these court cases which they will win and make very very uncomfortable for the DRC government. Cominiere told superiors we would go bankrupt and slip away which is not going to happen.

Read a few articles recently about large groups looking for lithium investments in Africa and have billions up their sleeve, draw your own conclusions.

Sucks for people needing cash soon but if reach out to shorters who are desperate to buy shares and close positions.

People are also suggesting we give Dathomir back 15% for $20M despite our court case being a slam dunk against them clearly, an absolute joke and very short sighted.

I’m not concerned at all re delisting despite it being disapointing from an optics perspective
We are already owed close to $1m in court costs granted to us. We keep winning that sum will sky rocket. Making DRC/zijin/Comieniere pay up is another matter. I believe we are still owed money from last June/July court case.

Reactions: 10 users

SilentOne

Regular
We are already owed close to $1m in court costs granted to us. We keep winning that sum will sky rocket. Making DRC/zijin/Comieniere pay up is another matter. I believe we are still owed money from last June/July court case.
Hi Doc,

In response to your statement.

Regards,

SilentOne.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

RHyNO

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

No_idea

Emerged
So, looking down the barrel of a potential sale of the asset, what's it actually worth now?

JAG

Top 20
So, looking down the barrel of a potential sale of the asset, what's it actually worth now?
No idea

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom