AVZ Discussion 2022

We've discussed this article previously MB and found it odd that Cominiere had to try to muscle in on testifying at the arbitration instead of being invited by the government.
:unsure:

Why wasn’t I told

ad6c9fcf-43c7-4922-a83f-c07b6bdef1f4-gif.32782.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
The truth is Sam, I came across the the article while I was looking for information on Ciprien Kitanga Kabale.

This bloke was appointed territory administrator at Manono by Felix last year but I personally think he’s sus and hopefully Felix is on to him now

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users
1. How confident are you that courts/ASX would see it that way?
2. Releasing non public information about a publicly listed company is independent of whether it's trading or not.
3. Off market purchase can happen.

Very. As long as all relevant information is available to the market before trading resumes. Problem is most of management's predictions while in suspension have been wrong so there wouldn't be any need to announce most of it.

2. Releasing non public information about a publicly listed company is independent of whether it's trading or not.

Agree. It shouldn't happen regardless of suspension. I have called out the Chinese whispers by management plenty of times especially in regards to giving dates that don't materialise.

Insider trading occurs when a person or a company makes a profit or avoids a loss based off information not available to the market. Yes it is possible someone that management tells information to could engage in off market activity but they are more likely to end up with stale champagne rather than engage in insider trading imo

jericho-a-little-bit-of-the-bubbly-wine.gif

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

timb89

Regular

Very. As long as all relevant information is available to the market before trading resumes. Problem is most of management's predictions while in suspension have been wrong so there wouldn't be any need to announce most of it.

Agree. It shouldn't happen regardless of suspension. I have called out the Chinese whispers by management plenty of times especially in regards to giving dates that don't materialise.

Insider trading occurs when a person or a company makes a profit or avoids a loss based off information not available to the market. Yes it is possible someone that management tells information to could engage in off market activity but they are more likely to end up with stale champagne rather than engage in insider trading imo

View attachment 41583

My point is that with the Omni Bridgeway/continuous disclosure issues, our ship should be water tight.

Reactions: 2 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
This is coming up in the first week of September in Perth

1691404109675.png

What would the sentiment be like if the AVZ situation regarding Manono and the ML is not resolved positively before then?

The DRC Mining Code needs to be followed and the correct legal outcomes must prevail

It is imperative for this to happen to restore international confidence in undertaking mining JV's in the DRC

Anything short of that sends the DRC, it's Government, it's economy and it's people backwards at a million miles an hour

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

wombat74

Top 20

View attachment 41584

What would the sentiment be like if the AVZ situation regarding Manono and the ML is not resolved positively before then?

The DRC Mining Code needs to be followed and the correct legal outcomes must prevail

It is imperative for this to happen to restore international confidence in undertaking mining JV's in the DRC

Anything short of that sends the DRC, it's Government, it's economy and it's people backwards at a million miles an hour
She will be a no show if AVZ is still being f--kd over . IMO

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

cruiser51

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users

John25

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

CHB

Regular

View attachment 41584

Is anyone in perth confirmed going?

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

JAG

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

CHB

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Frank

Top 20

1691412760212.png

Manono.JPG

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

CashKing

Regular
How the fuck can it be insider trading if we aren't trading lmao
Bro If you ever get in trouble just say “ I can’t recall” 👍 and then say it heaps of times over and over and over…

GLTAH

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

CashKing

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Bro If you ever get in trouble just say “ I can’t recall” 👍 and then say it heaps of times over and over and over…

GLTAH
com-kramerkarma.gif

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Rediah

Regular

GLTAH
Followed by "can you repeat that again"

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Mickyb64

Regular

GLTAH
Works a treat in Victoria.

• Haha
  • Fire

Uglybob

Regular
Late night/early morning ponderings: What are the actual odds of going mining vs TO?
Realistically we have a small, unknown company sitting on the biggest and best deposit of one of the most important minerals in the world right now.
This deposit is a king maker and everybody wants their piece of it. There will be plenty of people, companies and countries who are very keen to get their hands on the whole thing once all the hard work and de-risking is done.

Capitalism 101 - small fish are eaten by bigger fish (until only one fish is left). AZV is a small fish. Does anyone really thing we will be going mining?

• Thinking

tonster66

Regular
Late night/early morning ponderings: What are the actual odds of going mining vs TO?
Realistically we have a small, unknown company sitting on the biggest and best deposit of one of the most important minerals in the world right now.
This deposit is a king maker and everybody wants their piece of it. There will be plenty of people, companies and countries who are very keen to get their hands on the whole thing once all the hard work and de-risking is done.

Capitalism 101 - small fish are eaten by bigger fish (until only one fish is left). AZV is a small fish. Does anyone really thing we will be going mining?
Small fish are not always eaten by big fish. Small fish sometimes hang on the coat tails of big fish.
1691444503204.png

• Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

timb89

Regular

The question you need to ask yourself is what do DRC want? I presume they want to have someone operating this mine so they can realise their share in the profits as well as tax revenue. Not to mention the plotical clout and broader social development that further investment in DRC that will follow.

So we can presume DRC doesn't particularly care who does this. However, if it's not AVZ there would be a cost. That cost will most likely come from the fall out surrounding arbitration. This would be greater that just the damages AVZ might get in the case of a win, in the sense of decreased investment and decreased politcal clout. There could also be a time cost to DRC in terms of having an operating mine. DRC could always play this card, but I personally doubt it. An unknown component is the power that the corrupt players have.

Seeing a resolution to an african mining drama with as many eyes on it that this has would be enormous for the country as a place for investment. DRC could turn their place in the world around. The president who did this would be someone of historical importance to the country.

So if you are to beleive that powers that be have the ability to act in medium to long term self interest (and out weigh those who dont) then I see mining as an entirely possible outcome. Although not certain obviously.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
Top Bottom