AVZ Discussion 2022

Ashlee

Regular
  • Like
  • Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 22 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
1685722546489.png
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Gotta admit but we are hungry & starving on the side line….

AVZ Shareholders have been told how many times to be quiet 🤫 now !!!

It’s time something ACTUALLY happened isn’t it ???

Shareholders are sick of the SILENCING…

KICKING THE CAN DOWN THE ROAD AGAIN ???

GLTAH

View attachment 37584
Delete that lion image Cashy......we ain't
LTR !!!
That being said , if only Roche Dure & CDL was located in WA...:unsure:

$24....🤣🤣🤣
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Samus

Top 20
At least it's not the Northern part of our tenement as seemed to be the case previously!

Perhaps things are looking up a bit for the first time in months.

Cheers! The Kunt water for Zijin and the beer to you guys.
20230602_205201.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

cruiser51

Top 20
1-2.jpg

NEWSECONOMY

Katanga: the Minister of Mines, Nsamba Kalambayi suspends the activities of the mining company, Boss Mining for 3 months​

June 2, 2023
Kiki Kienge
By Kiki Kienge

After the Chinese company, Xiang Jiang Mining SARL exploiting gold in the province of Tshopo, the Congolese government has just sanctioned the joint venture between the group Eurasian Resources Group (ERG) of Kazakistan and Gécamines , Boss Mining which operates copper and cobalt concentrates in KAKANDA, in the District of LUBUDI 60 km from the town of LIKASI, suspending all activities of the group for a period of 3 months.

The reason for this suspension would be, according to the communiqué of the Ministry of Mines of the DR Congo, the environmental pollution of Boss Mining, this decision could be renewed if no positive modification is made by the group in the improvement of the protection environmental.
Antoinette Nsamba Kalambayi , Minister of Mines of the DR Congo, with this gesture wants to confirm the end of the impunity of the big polluters of the environment on the mining zones of the country, workhorse of her administration.

In the letter from the Minister of Mines to Boss Mining dated May 29, 2023, the Minister had informed the Director General of the now suspended Boss Mining in these terms:
“I learned through my services of the succession of incidents that occurred on your site respectively on the night of March 21 to 22 and April 9 of the current year, having caused enormous environmental damage but also losses in human lives; this situation could have been avoided or at least mitigated if, before resuming your activities in November 2022, you had taken care to audit your site environmental management system, with a view to adapting it to current conditions and include all these changes in an updated environmental plan.

Furthermore, I note that you are operating illegally, since your environmental and social impact study is no longer valid and you have accumulated numerous breaches of environmental obligations, which directly endanger the life and health of several people. .
This is why, pursuant to Article 570, paragraph 2 of the Mining Regulations, I am suspending all your mining activities for a period of three months, with the possibility of renewal of this measure, as long as you have not carried out the recommendations sent to you by the Director-Head of the Mining Environmental Protection Service, through his letter referenced 201/DPEM/2023 of 12 msi 2023.
To do this, I instruct the Head of the Provincial Division of Mines of Lualaba, who read me a copy, to strictly enforce this decision and also request the involvement of the Provincial Governor in this regard.
The Secretary General for Mines is invited to take all the necessary measures to repair the damage suffered by the communities following these incidents. »
Communication Unit Ministry of Mines of the DR Congo.
 
  • Like
  • Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

Rediah

Regular
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Dave Evans

Regular
A few people asking questions about gecamines and others talking about cominiere and zijin being out and AVZ getting a new partner. Suppose you forgot gecamines wants a bigger share of the sicomines partnership so what’s stopping them wanting 30 or 40% of dathcom if they partnered. @Frank @Cashcity don’t think you will have to worry about MB asking more questions or giving a shit what goes on here anymore
 
  • Like
  • Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
A few people asking questions about gecamines and others talking about cominiere and zijin being out and AVZ getting a new partner. Suppose you forgot gecamines wants a bigger share of the sicomines partnership so what’s stopping them wanting 30 or 40% of dathcom if they partnered. @Frank @Cashcity don’t think you will have to worry about MB asking more questions or giving a shit what goes on here anymore
Hi Dave Evans. Good to hear from you again. I know you & welcome all your input. Whilst its probs premature to single out 1 new possible JV partner to replace the Zijin & Cominere looters, i.e. lets not hype Gecamines ... there are other options. But Gecamines is state controlled & has the size, experience & relationships to help AVZ get to mining. With Zijin & Cominiere out (?) ... interesting times. Br Sparrowhawk.
 
  • Like
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

whales

Regular
Also on the Gecamines front - i believe CMOC has far more sway than ZJ in the red state. Their issue over TFM was basically resolved through sheer political will.

The state visit could have discussed something to a similar effect for our project. DRC keeps China on side to a degree by letting CMOC in while removing the fucking dunce CKK, and everyone gets to flip the bird to ZJ and tell em

Zijin not part of Dathcom anymore. No bullshit, no frills, no hype, they are out - returned the 15% to Cominiere.

Waiting for documentation to this effect - but its there boys.

View attachment 37619

this is probably what has caused my tingle.

View attachment 37620

Edit: Preface the mining license picture, we don't have that. But wheels are turning. Just thought itd be fun to see how a license looks.
Returned 15% to Comminiere.
But 20% to Geccomines
Great news! Any implications on the northern part?
15% returned to Comminiere but class action by Zijin and Comminiere for potential loss of earnings?
Makes sense if the 20% now held by comminiere goes to another state controlled company in Gecomines .
Certainly a good move by DRC if correct.
 
  • Like
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Flight996

Regular
Gecamines is not squeaky clean.


Let's hope that it's not just another Cominiere.

Cheers
F
 
  • Like
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

CHB

Regular
Gecamines is not squeaky clean.


Let's hope that it's not just another Cominiere.

Cheers
F
Nige to run Gecamines too 🤣

I'm just looking forward to a resolution to this shit show.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Flight996

Regular
Nige to run Gecamines too 🤣

I'm just looking forward to a resolution to this shit show.
Just as Cominiere is in bed with Zijin Mining, Gecamines is in bed with CMOC.

While Chinese mining giants Zijin and CMOC focus on different minerals, both are dirty.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

tonster66

Regular
1-2.jpg

NEWSECONOMY

Katanga: the Minister of Mines, Nsamba Kalambayi suspends the activities of the mining company, Boss Mining for 3 months​

June 2, 2023
Kiki Kienge
By Kiki Kienge

After the Chinese company, Xiang Jiang Mining SARL exploiting gold in the province of Tshopo, the Congolese government has just sanctioned the joint venture between the group Eurasian Resources Group (ERG) of Kazakistan and Gécamines , Boss Mining which operates copper and cobalt concentrates in KAKANDA, in the District of LUBUDI 60 km from the town of LIKASI, suspending all activities of the group for a period of 3 months.

The reason for this suspension would be, according to the communiqué of the Ministry of Mines of the DR Congo, the environmental pollution of Boss Mining, this decision could be renewed if no positive modification is made by the group in the improvement of the protection environmental.
Antoinette Nsamba Kalambayi , Minister of Mines of the DR Congo, with this gesture wants to confirm the end of the impunity of the big polluters of the environment on the mining zones of the country, workhorse of her administration.

In the letter from the Minister of Mines to Boss Mining dated May 29, 2023, the Minister had informed the Director General of the now suspended Boss Mining in these terms:
“I learned through my services of the succession of incidents that occurred on your site respectively on the night of March 21 to 22 and April 9 of the current year, having caused enormous environmental damage but also losses in human lives; this situation could have been avoided or at least mitigated if, before resuming your activities in November 2022, you had taken care to audit your site environmental management system, with a view to adapting it to current conditions and include all these changes in an updated environmental plan.

Furthermore, I note that you are operating illegally, since your environmental and social impact study is no longer valid and you have accumulated numerous breaches of environmental obligations, which directly endanger the life and health of several people. .
This is why, pursuant to Article 570, paragraph 2 of the Mining Regulations, I am suspending all your mining activities for a period of three months, with the possibility of renewal of this measure, as long as you have not carried out the recommendations sent to you by the Director-Head of the Mining Environmental Protection Service, through his letter referenced 201/DPEM/2023 of 12 msi 2023.
To do this, I instruct the Head of the Provincial Division of Mines of Lualaba, who read me a copy, to strictly enforce this decision and also request the involvement of the Provincial Governor in this regard.
The Secretary General for Mines is invited to take all the necessary measures to repair the damage suffered by the communities following these incidents. »
Communication Unit Ministry of Mines of the DR Congo.

I find this interesting as there are references to the breaches of the mining code.
Yet when they cancelled AVZ decree the MoM stated 'Be nice to the other shareholders'
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7 users

Azzler

Top 20
Coopers is good
Miles better than that shit called Guinness.

But the best easily sourced stuff is Sheath.
Nectar.

8 is too much for me these days.
6 does the trick
I recently got onto the Guinness Extra Stout, completely different to the draft, not nitro, 6% and really decent!
Agree with coopers, but I'm a bit funny with the yeast they use, has a very strong distinct flavor.

I just love imperials and strong stouts though. I've made some of my own that were pretty incredible.
 
  • Like
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Dazmac66

Regular
Excuse my pessimistic post but are we really thinking that C and Z have been removed. When and in what government setting would this decision have been made? Any speck of info appreciated. Come on 9card give us hint.
 
  • Like
  • Thinking
Reactions: 17 users

timb89

Regular
Excuse my pessimistic post but are we really thinking that C and Z have been removed. When and in what government setting would this decision have been made? Any speck of info appreciated. Come on 9card give us hint.

Agreed. Rampant of positive speculation is based on an unsubstantiated post. I hope it's correct but when people talk about AVZ being a rollercoaster, some of that seems to be self induced.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8 users

wombat74

Top 20
I recently got onto the Guinness Extra Stout, completely different to the draft, not nitro, 6% and really decent!
Agree with coopers, but I'm a bit funny with the yeast they use, has a very strong distinct flavor.

I just love imperials and strong stouts though. I've made some of my own that were pretty incredible.
"I can't help but think (ever the optimist) that AVZ have secured Manono and Com and Z are out. But it can not yet be announced, finalizing stages ect... So Com and Z are suing for their claimed ownership valuations." Azzler 15/05.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 13 users

Dom1974

Regular
So Cominiere is suing AVZ for the loss of their 10% that by law cedes to the Govt (or is it 5% with MMCS still in the picture?). So in theory, MoM issues mining license, 10% cedes to Govt, Cominiere own 0%, no case to answer to? Felix just has to wave the axe in that Department and they will be out of the picture.

Let’s see if Zijin continue their lawsuit and piss off the Govt. Zijin are suing AVZ for what? The Govt would have made the decision to kick them out, not AVZ. Zijin would have a better chance of suing the Govt if that’s in fact what has happened.

If I were Felix, I’d tell Zijin to drop everything otherwise he will start revisiting their other projects in the DRC. Will Zijin take that gamble with a Govt that clearly doesn’t want them in the picture, not to mention China’s exemplary record in the DRC.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 31 users

Xerof

Have a Cigar 1975
9card won't and shouldn't give any details on a public forum unless it's rock solid info. This has been his MO all along.

Even then I would suggest leaving it to AVZ to make appropriate announcements, as if true, this is sensitive, major news

Doesn't mean he can't share privately with trusted colleagues:sneaky::sneaky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

In the meantime, we will speculate, theorise and come up with wish lists, wishful thinking and maybe even a few down ramps
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

Dazmac66

Regular
Well no use discussing this any further till we hear an announcement.
On another topic, when is snakehead supposed to front the parliamentary chamber or has that already happened? Would love to be a fly on the wall for that display.
 
  • Like
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom