The Brainchip Bar - friendly banter / anything goes - all welcome!

Does anyone know why the BRN discussion ongoing thread would have disappeared from my thread list on here.
If I toggle to post view all the unread posts come up but not its just disappeared off thread view.
Not sure if I have fat fingered something but can't seem to find any filters etc that are on.
Have sent a message to zeeb0t but thought I would try the brains trust to.
Not using the app, just on internet
Cheers
Or you may need to toggle here
Screenshot_20230923-095342-400.png

Fredsnugget

Regular
Or you may need to toggle here
View attachment 45309
Rise
If I toggle to posts all the posts for BRN discussion ongoing come up with the unread highlighted. But when you go back to threads the whole thread is not there anywhere. Just not sure if I have accidently hit a button I shouldn't have but cant find anything. It is the same on my phone and on laptop. Have been through setting and cant find anything.
With the amount of comments its just easier to go to the last unread one on thread listing than having all comments listed.

Samod

Emerged
Does anyone know why the BRN discussion ongoing thread would have disappeared from my thread list on here.
If I toggle to post view all the unread posts come up but not its just disappeared off thread view.
Not sure if I have fat fingered something but can't seem to find any filters etc that are on.
Have sent a message to zeeb0t but thought I would try the brains trust to.
Not using the app, just on internet
Cheers
Hi,
Happened to me and I found that I accidentally put Tech Girl on ignore ( fat fingers)
Check that.

Cheers

Reactions: 2 users
Rise
If I toggle to posts all the posts for BRN discussion ongoing come up with the unread highlighted. But when you go back to threads the whole thread is not there anywhere. Just not sure if I have accidently hit a button I shouldn't have but cant find anything. It is the same on my phone and on laptop. Have been through setting and cant find anything.
With the amount of comments its just easier to go to the last unread one on thread listing than having all comments listed.
Have you tried turning yourself off and on?
😛
I'll try and duplicate your issue.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
@Fredsnugget you want something like this to appear?
Screenshot_20230923-102044.png

Fredsnugget

Regular
Hi,
Happened to me and I found that I accidentally put Tech Girl on ignore ( fat fingers)
Check that.

Cheers
Thanks for that Samod, that is exactly what I had done. No idea how, but unignored her and now the TSE world is back to normal.
Thanks Samod and Rise for you help, did not even consider that at all

• Love
@buena suerte :-) yes it took this long for me to check my first buy on azk.
If you recall our posts about this many months ago.😛

• Fire
Reactions: 1 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
@buena suerte :-) yes it took this long for me to check my first buy on azk.
If you recall our posts about this many months ago.😛
I do recall mate :)

A bit of reading from back in those days!!! :) cheers Rise

Have a great weekend Chippers

Aussie investors back company that promises 'human' artificial intelligence​

Timna JacksHealth Reporter
Apr 7, 2015 – 12.15am
Save
Former mining stock Aziana Limited has whet Australian investors' appetite for science fiction, with its share price jumping 125 per cent since it announced it was acquiring a US-based tech company called BrainChip, which promises artificial intelligence through a microchip that replicates the neural system of the human brain.
Shares in the company closed at 9¢ before the Easter long weekend, having been priced at just 4¢ when the backdoor listing of BrainChip was announced to the market on March 18.
Creator of the patented digital chip, Peter Van Der Made told The Australian Financial Review the technology has the capacity to learn autonomously, due to its composition of 10,000 biomimic neurons, which, through a process known as synaptic time-dependent plasticity, can form memories and associations in the same way as a biological brain. He said it works 5000 times faster and uses a thousandth of the power of the fastest computers available today.
cf406a079ea0bd2a5a20d21a19c1bdcb47e432f9

Peter Van Der Made says his technology could create a computer with a "human" brain.
Mr Van Der Made said the technology - technically known as a Spiking Neuron Adaptive Processor (SNAP) - would have myriad commercial uses, with an early lucrative option likely to be in smartphones, within 12 months.
"Smartphones are a very big focus. BrainChip's technology can recognise your voice, so you could unlock the phone by talking to it, which means you could use it as a security device to control not just your smartphone, but other devices too. We're also thinking about things like facial recognition," he said.

The chip has endless potential applications, including driverless cars, implantable prostheses, drones, forecasting and insurance risk analysis. It could also theoretically give sight to blind people with an artificial retina; inject "life-like character" in avatars in computer games; serve as an intelligence sensor and safety device for aircraft and cars, and a security solution for the so-called Internet of Things, Mr Van Der Made said.
Mr Van Der Made is inviting technology partners to license the technology for their own chips and products, and is donating the technology to university laboratories in the US for research.
The Netherlands-born Australian, now based in southern California, was inspired to create the brain-like chip in 2004, after working at the IBM Internet Security Systems for two years, where he was chief scientist for behaviour analysis security systems. He previously invented and sold a computer immune system to the company.
He said he recognised a need for a computer to recognise and interpret information at a level of sophistication beyond its mathematical programming.
"A computer is good at storing data, but it is poor at recognising things," he said.
"I saw the need to build something that works like a brain, something that can recognise the world ... if we don't recognise someone we talk to, or something we can see, we instantly learn. No super computer can do that."

He first set out to create a fast parallel processor, before realising it would be too slow to perform the brain chip's functions. By 2007, he had worked out a new design based on the human brain and had a patent for the technology by 2008 in Australia and the US.
Within 20 years, he said the chip could be expanded to make an artificial human brain that is three times the size, and 2000 times faster than the human biological brain. Scientists could use multiple chips to create larger "brains", of up to several millions of neurons.
"That's the capability of the technology," he said.
"The human brain consists of 88 billion neurons; currently we are talking about 10,000 neurons ... the capacity is very much like an animal. So it doesn't come close to human intelligence. Not yet."
Gain insights into the week’s biggest tech stories, deals and trends.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Apr 7, 2015 – 12.15am
Save
Former mining stock Aziana Limited has whet Australian investors' appetite for science fiction, with its share price jumping 125 per cent since it announced it was acquiring a US-based tech company called BrainChip, which promises artificial intelligence through a microchip that replicates the neural system of the human brain.
Shares in the company closed at 9¢ before the Easter long weekend, having been priced at just 4¢ when the backdoor listing of BrainChip was announced to the market on March 18.
Creator of the patented digital chip, Peter Van Der Made told The Australian Financial Review the technology has the capacity to learn autonomously, due to its composition of 10,000 biomimic neurons, which, through a process known as synaptic time-dependent plasticity, can form memories and associations in the same way as a biological brain. He said it works 5000 times faster and uses a thousandth of the power of the fastest computers available today.

Peter Van Der Made says his technology could create a computer with a "human" brain.
Mr Van Der Made said the technology - technically known as a Spiking Neuron Adaptive Processor (SNAP) - would have myriad commercial uses, with an early lucrative option likely to be in smartphones, within 12 months.
"Smartphones are a very big focus. BrainChip's technology can recognise your voice, so you could unlock the phone by talking to it, which means you could use it as a security device to control not just your smartphone, but other devices too. We're also thinking about things like facial recognition," he said.

The chip has endless potential applications, including driverless cars, implantable prostheses, drones, forecasting and insurance risk analysis. It could also theoretically give sight to blind people with an artificial retina; inject "life-like character" in avatars in computer games; serve as an intelligence sensor and safety device for aircraft and cars, and a security solution for the so-called Internet of Things, Mr Van Der Made said.
Mr Van Der Made is inviting technology partners to license the technology for their own chips and products, and is donating the technology to university laboratories in the US for research.
The Netherlands-born Australian, now based in southern California, was inspired to create the brain-like chip in 2004, after working at the IBM Internet Security Systems for two years, where he was chief scientist for behaviour analysis security systems. He previously invented and sold a computer immune system to the company.
He said he recognised a need for a computer to recognise and interpret information at a level of sophistication beyond its mathematical programming.
"A computer is good at storing data, but it is poor at recognising things," he said.
"I saw the need to build something that works like a brain, something that can recognise the world ... if we don't recognise someone we talk to, or something we can see, we instantly learn. No super computer can do that."

He first set out to create a fast parallel processor, before realising it would be too slow to perform the brain chip's functions. By 2007, he had worked out a new design based on the human brain and had a patent for the technology by 2008 in Australia and the US.
Within 20 years, he said the chip could be expanded to make an artificial human brain that is three times the size, and 2000 times faster than the human biological brain. Scientists could use multiple chips to create larger "brains", of up to several millions of neurons.
"The human brain consists of 88 billion neurons; currently we are talking about 10,000 neurons ... the capacity is very much like an animal. So it doesn't come close to human intelligence. Not yet."
I might actually have that story cut out from the news paper mate. I'll have a look hopefully it won't take months for me to actually pull my finger out this time 😛
I definitely have a few news clipping from back then

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Here's a little flash back to the march 2019 update.
Screenshot_20230923-163136-264.png

Apparently back then we were in discussion with "some" on the list.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Watched this last night. Beautifully filmed and acted. 5 stars from me.
Living.jpg

• Fire
  • Thinking

Apr 7, 2015 – 12.15am
Save

IMG_20230926_130753540~2.jpg

Apologies for the little bit cropped out top left ...
My hairy legs were in view .😳
I have several more clippings that I have cut out of various topics relating to Brn. Will find those another day😉😅

• Love
  • Fire
Yes @Esq.111 I'm also a fan of the paper version of the news😛

• Love
  • Fire

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Reactions: 1 users
  • Fire

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Good Morning Chippers,

Just started listening to this set, if the first 30 seconds is anything to go by should be a cracker.

CRANK IT.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
Good Morning Chippers,

Just started listening to this set, if the first 30 seconds is anything to go by should be a cracker.

CRANK IT.

Regards,
Esq.

This sums up my feeling for today

• Fire
  • Haha
  • Fire
  • Love

• Fire