Railroad systems

Railcar bearing monitoring has been mentioned by Brainchip in many of their previous presentations from as early as the October 2020 Brainchip update. They said Peter was working with a company to monitor railcar bearings. I think there was a mention of it being for a Western Australian company at a later date.

See from 5:44 below in the video link below. Key parts of the transcript are listed below (credit to takizawa2 on HC for writing this).

1644024172150.png

RailBAM, a product by Wabtec, has been mentioned many times on here as a potential candidate for this. I can't remember if this was posted previously but if you look at the companies they are working with, it includes all of the big mining companies in WA. If you look on the image below it includes BHP, Rio Tinto, FMG, Roy Hill, as well as Vale (a while ago there were mentions a few years ago by Brainchip about a South American company though it's not clear if this is still continuing. Vale was discussed on here as a potential candidate). They produce a product which sits by the side of the railway, and which can be solar / battery powered.

PVDM has previously said something along the lines of how Akida could be used along railway tracks with solar charging and only a small lithium battery.

1644022189858.png

Brainchip model zoo: Bearing diagnostic performance
1644022515532.png

Pitt Street Research Report on Brainchip referencing railcars

1644022837797.png

On top of this, Wabtec have recently developed the world's first 100% battery-electric heavy duty railcars and supplied some of these to Rio Tinto and RoyHill. They seem to be pushing heavily into chasing innovative low carbon technologies, so working with Brainchip would be a logical step forward.

• Fire
Reactions: 33 users
Great post and can confirm your recollections and the latest presentation by the CEO Sean Hehir also mentions rail so still very current.

The South American lead is very interesting as to my knowledge it was only mentioned once by the former CEO Mr. Dinardo in 2020 and came completely out of left field.

I personally did a lot of digging without any luck but did not think to consider heavy rail used in mining operations.

Perhaps the 1,000 eyes might have success as a number of Australian miners are in South America.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 18 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
Great post and can confirm your recollections and the latest presentation by the CEO Sean Hehir also mentions rail so still very current.

The South American lead is very interesting as to my knowledge it was only mentioned once by the former CEO Mr. Dinardo in 2020 and came completely out of left field.

I personally did a lot of digging without any luck but did not think to consider heavy rail used in mining operations.

Perhaps the 1,000 eyes might have success as a number of Australian miners are in South America.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

It may be proving difficult because the mining logistics industry is big secretive money. They invest in building their own remote data centres and are actually pretty high tech, all things considered. So I would 100% believe they’d be seriously looking at Akida, meanwhile we would find it hard to determine that.

Reactions: 13 users
It may be proving difficult because the mining logistics industry is big secretive money. They invest in building their own remote data centres and are actually pretty high tech, all things considered. So I would 100% believe they’d be seriously looking at Akida, meanwhile we would find it hard to determine that.
Could well be right but if anyone can find it the 1,000 eyes can. FF

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
I work for one of the said companies above, me and a coworker planted some seed's during a training day last year. There was a company rep taking feedback and idea's.. We mentioned Brainchip and all Akida's positives. Low Power, No Internet connection required, 1 shot learning etc.

After we spoke the rep pointed towards a booth and Razor Labs was present. We spoke about their tech. Most of the stuff they run is in watts.

Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom