BRN Discussion Ongoing

A few jumping ship before tomorrow's potential sp fall. Sean will cop a social media flogging if we see under.20 again!
1716192485722.gif

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

CHIPS

Regular
The article discusses how ARM was an overnight success 😎

Here you go @Esq.111

Unfortunately, Rene Haas liked ALL the comments made. I guess, it is just a matter of politeness. 😔

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

CHIPS

Regular
A few jumping ship before tomorrow's potential sp fall. Sean will cop a social media flogging if we see under.20 again!

SP already fell over 7% today in Germany. 😶‍🌫️

Reactions: 2 users
Unfortunately, Rene Haas liked ALL the comments made. I guess, it is just a matter of politeness. 😔
Go Brainchip

Tothemoon24

Top 20
IMG_8942.jpeg

IMG_8943.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8942.jpeg
    IMG_8942.jpeg
    396.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

jla

Regular
Reactions: 1 users

FJ-215

Regular
As long as LDA have sold enough shares around the 30c mark, that's all that matters atm. Originally the calls were over a 30 day period but have since been increased to 2+ months. Hard to keep the SP trending up over that time frame especially when there is no ASX worthy news. Throw in a poor 4C and an AGM where the board is facing a 2nd strike and it's a miracle the SP is where it is.

Still, share price is only relevant when we are raising cash and we probably won't have to worry about that for another 6 months. Unless there is news to help milk the markets.

Heard a great quote on Bloomberg the other day regarding some of the US meme stocks raising cash off the back of "Roaring Kitty" returning to social media.........

"There are only two reasons you must raise capital. 1) When you need too and: 2) when it's stupid not too."

Hopefully situation number 2 will present itself in the not too distant future.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Cardpro

Regular
Good morning from Perth ! yes I'm home, who cares I hear you all cry :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anyway, the Board members attending tomorrows AGM will be very busy all day today in Sydney holding their regular meeting
prior to the AGM, no doubt a lot to unpack in anticipation for a potentially hostile meeting from some in attendance.

To say that the company hasn't made any progress during the last 12 months would be factually wrong, before opening your mouth,
try to think of the big picture, I look forward to some really honest questions both positive and negative and await an honest, open
response from whomever the question is directed toward.

See you all tomorrow...Go Brainchip :love:

Tech x
Well... tell that to our share price :)
Good morning from Perth ! yes I'm home, who cares I hear you all cry :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anyway, the Board members attending tomorrows AGM will be very busy all day today in Sydney holding their regular meeting
prior to the AGM, no doubt a lot to unpack in anticipation for a potentially hostile meeting from some in attendance.

To say that the company hasn't made any progress during the last 12 months would be factually wrong, before opening your mouth,
try to think of the big picture, I look forward to some really honest questions both positive and negative and await an honest, open
response from whomever the question is directed toward.

See you all tomorrow...Go Brainchip :love:

Tech x
I hope it's material enough to be reflected in the share price :)

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Kachoo

Regular
Well tomorrow the Big AGM day is in my opinion likely to be a non event.

We know they the CR wad happening and likely BRN wad close to filling it around an average price of 28 to 29 cents in my opinion.

The drop in the SP is from those that expect the SPnto drop to the teens after an AGM which is basicly a rehash of what has happened over the last year.

The strike is really a non event as all it means is you vote for the spill. To spill you need 50 % of the vote could it happen yes but in reality if you voted for a spill and you hold you shot your self in the foot imo. The possibility is there though fairly low. The fear of a spill has declined the shareprice by well over 30 to 35 percent. Be It what one thinks. The market is not happy clearly evident except those buying I do not think that retail is buying these days as they fear this spill.

It will be nice to get the AGM behind us and focus on what counts is the future of revenue and the ecosystem.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

TECH

Regular
25% for a spill....moves to 50% at the actual AGM....I personally can't see that eventuating.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if resolution 1 gets up that in affect means nothing really happens for 90 days, so resolution 9
kicks in and if 50% or more vote for a spill at the AGM it gets dealt with there and then, is that correct ?

I haven't voted as yet, so it's the AGM for me, but getting it over and done with asap at the AGM would be my pick, and the odds
of 50% or more would be rather slim in my humble opinion, who wants the potential unrest and negativity associated with this
outcome dragging on over 3 months, certainly not me, just saying.

I give the revenue train to January to show some signs of life, or I will be very disappointed, there, I have laid my hand bare.

Love the technology, but not the headwinds associated with being a leader in state-of-the-art disruptive technology !

Tech ;)

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Dipti Vachani
Dipti Vachani - SVP & GM Automotive Business, Arm

IMG_8946.jpeg

Dipti Vachani - SVP & GM Automotive Business, Arm​

17:00 - 17:20
Queen Elisabeth
Speaker(s):
Dipti Vachani
A collision course with reality: the insatiable demands of AI
AI has the potential to exceed all the transformative innovations created in the past century, powering workloads from cloud to edge. The promise is exciting: the transformation of health care, productivity, education, transportation and many other areas will be beyond our imagination. AI workloads will be required in everything, from data centers to edge devices.
AI is on a collision course with reality. In its current trajectory the compute it needs will consume an immense and unsustainable amount of power. Future AI models will continue to become larger and smarter, fueling the need for more and more compute.
Arm’s SVP Dipti Vachani will address this critical challenge, and how new optimizations and approaches that bring energy efficiency to complex AI workloads can exponentially scale and bring the transformative power of AI to the world without bankrupting energy resources.

Biography​

Dipti Vachani - SVP & GM Automotive Business, Arm
Dipti leads the organization responsible for delivering Arm-based solutions in the transformational opportunities of automotive.
Previously, Dipti served as Vice President and General Manager of the Product Management and Customer Enablement division in the IoT Group at Intel. Before that, Dipti held several leadership positions at Texas Instruments and led the creation of the company’s Sitara brand of Arm MPUs.
Dipti is on the Women’s Leadership Council for the Global Semiconductor Association. She holds a BS in Computer Engineering from Texas A&M, an Executive MBA degree from the University of Texas, and is a graduate of the Executive Education programs at Stanford, Harvard, and Cambridge business schools.

• Fire

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

FJ-215

Regular
25% for a spill....moves to 50% at the actual AGM....I personally can't see that eventuating.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if resolution 1 gets up that in affect means nothing really happens for 90 days, so resolution 9
kicks in and if 50% or more vote for a spill at the AGM it gets dealt with there and then, is that correct ?

I haven't voted as yet, so it's the AGM for me, but getting it over and done with asap at the AGM would be my pick, and the odds
of 50% or more would be rather slim in my humble opinion, who wants the potential unrest and negativity associated with this
outcome dragging on over 3 months, certainly not me, just saying.

I give the revenue train to January to show some signs of life, or I will be very disappointed, there, I have laid my hand bare.

Love the technology, but not the headwinds associated with being a leader in state-of-the-art disruptive technology !

Tech ;)
Sorry Tech,
Thought you said you weren't attending this year. Online votes needed to be cast yesterday.

Sorry Tech,
Thought you said you weren't attending this year. Online votes needed to be cast yesterday.

Hi @FJ-215 and @TECH

You can still cast a vote live via Lumi app as per the agm announcement instructions.

The cut off date was if you nominated a proxy, eg the chairman or someone else.

1716206793441.jpeg

I voted early to get it done and make sure it counted in case there were technical glitches.

I personally don’t see voting for a strike as beneficial to the company. It’s the equivalent to kicking an own goal in soccer!

Like many I’m disappointed with the current SP but I still have confidence in the long term prospects of the company so I don’t see any point in disrupting the ecosystem they’re building or confidence in the company from prospective customers.

As far as remuneration goes; if we want the best minds and leaders in their fields; we have to pay them what they’re worth in this extremely competitive market!

I’ll be happy to get this AGM behind us and look forwards to the future. With so many partners surely we’ll get some early mover revenue before years end!

P.S. I’ve decided to protest the R&D budget though! Creating science fiction technology and protecting it with patents is obviously a waste of time because every time Brainchip announces a new patent the share price goes down.
Obviously retail doesn’t see any value in building a technology moat so let’s just save money by cutting that expenditure 🤪

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

FJ-215

Regular
Hi @FJ-215 and @TECH

You can still cast a vote live via Lumi app as per the agm announcement instructions.

The cut off date was if you nominated a proxy, eg the chairman or someone else.

View attachment 63303

I voted early to get it done and make sure it counted in case there were technical glitches.

I personally don’t see voting for a strike as beneficial to the company. It’s the equivalent to kicking a own goal in soccer!

Like many I’m disappointed with the current SP but I still have confidence in the long term prospects of the company so I don’t see any point in disrupting the ecosystem their building or confidence in the company from prospective customers.

As far as remuneration goes; if we want the best minds and leaders in their fields; we have to pay them what they’re worth in this extremely competitive market!

I’ll be happy to get this AGM behind us and look forwards to the future. With so many partners surely we’ll get some early mover revenue before years end!

P.S. I’ve decided to protest the R&D budget though! Creating science fiction technology and protecting it with patents is obviously a waste of time because every time Brainchip announces a new patent the share price goes down.
Obviously retail doesn’t see any value in building a technology moat so let’s just save money by cutting that expenditure 🤪
Cheers SG,

The phone call I received stated that Sunday was the cut off.

Hmm.... I guess not..

CHIPS

Regular
  • Haha
  • Thinking

Frangipani

Regular
Hi Frangipani,

So, it's an indisputable fact that BrainChip's AKIDA is unique in that it is the only commercially available neuromorphic processor with on-chip learning, since neither Synsense nor Innatera offer on-chip learning. In that sense, Manny was on the right track IMO. 😇

Regards,
Bravo

In that sense?!
It is an indisputable fact that the above is not what manny100 had actually said.

Just to refresh everyone’s memory:
Yes, we BRN are unique as we offer the only 'cloudless' commercial solution ATM - this is an indisputable fact

Speaking of on-chip learning: Loihi 2 is fully digital and is claimed to have on-chip learning - like or similar to Akida.

Yes, true - Loihi and Loihi 2 have been described as research chips by Intel and are not yet commercially available as physical chips to date. While Intel’s next-gen silicon may still be a couple of years away from what we’ve gathered through interviews with Mike Davies, I’ve been wondering whether Intel might actually consider offering the licensing of Loihi IP much sooner, depending on customer demand. After all, the idea of IP offerings for Intel Foundry customers has been around for quite a while - see this slide taken from a September 2021 presentation, when Loihi 2 was revealed:

B359BE13-00E9-47DB-89A8-6E8CE321AE9A.jpeg

In a similar presentation six months later (March 2022), the word potential had been deleted from the presentation, and the offering had been rephrased as “IP and embedded accelerators for Intel Foundry customers.”

8E7C3747-ACAE-4D80-96F4-6D6526A30100.jpeg

This brings me back to our engagement with Mercedes:

While we BRN shareholders naturally all wish for Mercedes to announce BrainChip as their future neuromorphic partner, we should keep in mind that Markus Schäfer praised both Intel and BrainChip in his post on neuromorphic computing last year, and that employees from both companies liked his post, which could mean all of them had high hopes at the time.

This observation in combination with the word potential in “positioning for a potential project collaboration with Mercedes” showing up in a former BrainChip intern’s CV, suggested to me that Mercedes must have been weighing their options and were evaluating more than one neuromorphic processor last year.

That is why I wrote on January 29:

C03DFAB8-6F83-4FC0-8884-215A9499ACB1.jpeg

As for Loihi not being commercial, yet, see my comments about the potential licensing of Loihi IP further up - I hadn’t yet spotted those presentation slides when I wrote my earlier post.

Also, I’ve never understood why Mercedes would make such a big secret out of continuing their collaboration with BrainChip, after they themselves had already let it slip in early 2022 that their AI engineers had implemented Akida for keyword spotting in the EQXX and hence had - intentionally or unintentionally - lifted the NDA veil. The whole world has since known about their engagement with BrainChip anyway, so what was the point of draping those blackout curtains over that NDA again?

The Mercedes top management has since named several start-ups (unrelated to neuromorphic tech) as their partners in LinkedIn posts. So why the ongoing secrecy regarding the carmaker’s future neuromorphic technology partner? Unless they are still weighing their options? This would not even contradict the recent statement by Sean Hehir “We have not lost to any competitor at this point in time. We’ve seen some small delays, as people need more time to evaluate…” (from 12:12 min in the Quarterly Investor Podcast, Episode 5 - Q1 2024)

And now there is also Innatera as yet another competitor - I happened to check their website for partnerships and discovered this:

50E5EFF4-6283-4240-A440-A8AE32698777.jpeg

Not sure how they define being an “industry partner”, but if those were exclusively involved in super secret NDAs with the Dutch start-up (founded in 2018), wouldn’t they mind having their logos prominently displayed on the Innatera website? Oh, and plenty of other familiar names showing up here, as you can see: Ericsson, Infineon, Schneider Electric, BMW, Safran…

Those “partnerships” may not all lead up to a real deal getting signed eventually, but they are evidence that the competition between the various neuromorphic players is heating up, despite our first-to-market advantage. And we all know that it is not always the best technology that wins the contract.

But is that a reason for BRN shareholders to be pessimistic? Not at all.
After all, the future of BrainChip is not limited to a binary option of either world domination or insolvency. For various reasons, it is just taking a lot longer than most of us anticipated.

I continue to trust in the optimism reflected in our company’s reply to manny100’s question:
"We know the market is heading in our direction, and the ability to process data on The Edge is something that more and more AI applications will be expected to perform. In that case, we are uniquely positioned to capitalise on that trend."

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Frangipani

Regular
Hi Frangipani, I received the quoted paragraph below as part of a reply from BRN to a question I had.
The crucial word that BRN uses is "unique" which means one of a kind or unlike anything else.
The context of the quote is in relation to my query concerning 'cloud' or 'cloudless' AI at the Edge.
"We know the market is heading in our direction, and the ability to process data on The Edge is something that more and more AI applications will be expected to perform. In that case, we are uniquely positioned to capitalise on that trend."
I just asked whether they had considered having a 'switch' on AKIDA for cloud or cloudless use during the transition to cloudless Edge. No interest in that. Seems to me we are to close to worry about it.
Cheers, manny100

The context of my post that we are unique in relation to cloudless AI at the Edge.
That was confirmed by BRN in their reply to my query.
According to slide presentations by Sean right through 2023 we are still unique. The others are apparently still in the research stage. If they are in research they are not yet proven commercially ready for cloudless AI at the Edge and there is no guarantee they ever will be.
You are right we are also unique in that we are the only provider that has on chip learning.

Thank’s for your explanation, @manny100.

However, in your last sentence - and that was the part I commented on - you did not define BRN’s uniqueness with any of Akida’s technical specifications, but by claiming that it is the current monopoly of commercial availability in the cloudless AI space that sets us apart from our competitors. Which is evidently not true, even if we limit the competition to the neuromorphic playing field.

Akida’s unique combination of technical specifications, on the other hand, is.

I believe this is what BrainChip meant when they replied the following to you:
“We know the market is heading in our direction, and the ability to process data on The Edge is something that more and more AI applications will be expected to perform. In that case, we are uniquely positioned to capitalise on that trend."

Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom