BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Wonder if we get a look in or have had any input here at all?

This paper has just been released and whilst there is no mention of us and the work benefited from some input from Dr's at Numenta (they work with CPUs) after a guest lecture at CMU, there has been some history with Akida and cortical column work at CMU with John Shen et al as per a prev post of mine below for reference.

From memory I think @Diogenese or someone mentioned PVDM had looked at or studied or started on similar but could be mistaken.

Submitted on 20 May 2024]

NeRTCAM: CAM-Based CMOS Implementation of Reference Frames for Neuromorphic Processors​

View attachment 64271
Some info in the previous post on C3S cortical columns.

Sri Lakshmi Vemulapalli​

Research Assistant at Neuromorphic Computer Architecture Lab | ECE Graduate Student at Carnegie Mellon University | Seeking full time positions starting immediately.​

Carnegie Mellon UniversityCarnegie Mellon University​

Carnegie Mellon University

1 year 1 month

• Teaching Assistant​

Jan 2023 - May 20235 months
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
    Working as a Teaching Assistant for 18698 - Neural Signal Processing.
  • Research Assistant​

Aug 2022 - May 202310 months
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
    Working as a Research Assistant under Prof. John Shen on a Neural Processor, “Akida” by Brainchip.
    - Developing a C3S designs in MetaTF and map to Akida chip.
    - Developing a technique for the conversion of CNNs to Spiking Neural Networks (SNN) and designing a framework for Native TNNs.

Thousand Brains Project (not to be confused with the "thousand eyes" because that's us😝) has received funding from the Gates Foundation - $2.69 million over two years.

The Thousand Brains Project aims to develop a new AI platform based on the brains cortical columns (hello PVDM).

Professor John Shen
from Carnegie Melon University is designing the hardware.

Refer to FMF's post above to re history of AKIDA + John Shen.

TBP pm.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Bravo

If anyone can read this summary and explain what it means and whether it might assist us in some way, I'll give you $100.

krule-john-c-reilly.gif

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 1.41.05 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Bravo

MERCEDES EXEC BLASTS TESLA FOR RECKLESS “FULL SELF-DRIVING” ROLLOUT​

"IF THINGS ARE OVERPROMISED OR DO UNDERPERFORM, EVEN IF IT'S VERY SELDOM, THE ENTIRE TRUST IN AUTONOMOUS DRIVING ITSELF LOSES CONFIDENCE."​

TESLA / FUTURISM

Baby Steps​

Tesla has gotten plenty of flack for the way it's been rolling out its controversial "Autopilot" and "Full Self-Driving" driver assistance software.

For years now, the Elon Musk-led company has used the general public as guinea pigs, offering its customers to beta test FSD through a mind-bogglingly expensive beta.
And the data speaks for itself: regulators are investigating hundreds of crashes involving the company's self-driving software, including dozens of deaths.
It's an approach to autonomous driving that could backfire spectacularly, Musk's executive peers say, further eroding trust in self-driving tech overall.
Such a rollout "should be a step-by-step approach." Mercedes-Benz's autonomous driving head Jochen Haab told Drive. "Do it slowly, but do it the right way. Build trust, build confidence."

Overpromise and Underperform​

Haab took aim at Tesla's boisterous marketing, something that regulators have found could lead to overconfident drivers who overestimate its capabilities and end up behaving dangerously on the road.
"We're concerned about others, let's say, promising too much," Haab told Drive. "That's not the way we approach things."
"The problem is — if things are overpromised or do underperform, even if it's very seldom, the entire trust in autonomous driving itself loses confidence," he added. "And that's a bad thing."

A JD Power study last year more or less confirmed Haab's suspicions, finding that consumers are losing confidence in self-driving cars. A separate AAA survey in March found that 68 percent of Americans are afraid of self-driving cars, an increase of 13 percent year over year.
Mercedes has been working on its own Level 3 autonomous driving system, meaning that vehicles can make informed decisions for themselves but still require human drivers poised to take over at any time — although they're able to take their eyes off the road for short periods. The tech was greenlit in California and Nevada last year, making the German automaker the first company in the US to sell cars with Level 3 features.
Tesla's FSD system is still technically considered Level 2, a subtle distinction that means humans are still very much expected to be in control over the vehicle.
By misleadingly marketing it as "Full Self-Driving," and allowing the public to beta test incomplete and deeply flawed software, Tesla is putting the self-driving cart in front of the horse.
"We deal with the risk and then we take the step," Haab told Drive. "We do field validation, we act as if we're the customers."
Haab argued that Mercedes only beta tests with trained employees, who are "skilled engineers or testing drivers."
Given the documented drop in confidence among consumers, there's good reason to be wary of Tesla's move-fast and break-things approach to what it calls "self-driving."

https://futurism.com/tesla-laying-off-every-employee-superchargers

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Bravo

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
What are your thoughts on this Bravo, could we be apart of this ?

Bravo

This was the translation from Q4.

I'm not really sure what "vinegar" has to with any of this though?
Vin at 2.23.06 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Bravo

What are your thoughts on this Bravo, could we be apart of this ?
Hi @Smoothsailing,

I beleive it's quite likely for reasons outlined here #58,557.

In addition, I beleive there has also been some speculation that the Nintendo Switch 2 might be a trimmed down variant of the NVIDIA Thor SoC, which if this proves to be true, then the power consumption/ battery life would likely be an issue, which AKIDA may be able to help offset IMO.

But, I'm not an expert and all of this is just speculation on my behalf.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Thanks Bravo , that put a smile on my face , it seems we are getting real close to ‘ game time ‘.
no pun intendo.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

GDJR69

Regular
This was the translation from Q4.

I'm not really sure what "vinegar" has to with any of this though?
View attachment 65986
What do you use vinegar with? Chips of course! Brainchip perhaps? Now there's some premium dot joining for you :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

toasty

Regular
What do you use vinegar with? Chips of course! Brainchip perhaps? Now there's some premium dot joining for you :ROFLMAO:
That's amateur dot joining. The Cockneys are the masters. For example, how do you get the name "Aris" for someones bottom? Well, Aris is short for Aristotle, Aristotle rhymes with bottle, bottle is made of glass, glass rhymes with arse!! And there you have it fellow Brainiacs, a perfect examlpe of the type of dot joining that often goes on around here!!!!! :D:D:D

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
I believe they also coined the praise
Fornicate under Consent King
F.u.c.k

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Diogenese

Top 20
If anyone can read this summary and explain what it means and whether it might assist us in some way, I'll give you $100.

View attachment 65981

View attachment 65980
I'll plead to a quantum of ignorance (apologies to Ian Fleming's imitators).

• Haha

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

7für7

Regular

MERCEDES EXEC BLASTS TESLA FOR RECKLESS “FULL SELF-DRIVING” ROLLOUT​

"IF THINGS ARE OVERPROMISED OR DO UNDERPERFORM, EVEN IF IT'S VERY SELDOM, THE ENTIRE TRUST IN AUTONOMOUS DRIVING ITSELF LOSES CONFIDENCE."​

TESLA / FUTURISM

Baby Steps​

Tesla has gotten plenty of flack for the way it's been rolling out its controversial "Autopilot" and "Full Self-Driving" driver assistance software.

For years now, the Elon Musk-led company has used the general public as guinea pigs, offering its customers to beta test FSD through a mind-bogglingly expensive beta.
And the data speaks for itself: regulators are investigating hundreds of crashes involving the company's self-driving software, including dozens of deaths.
It's an approach to autonomous driving that could backfire spectacularly, Musk's executive peers say, further eroding trust in self-driving tech overall.
Such a rollout "should be a step-by-step approach." Mercedes-Benz's autonomous driving head Jochen Haab told Drive. "Do it slowly, but do it the right way. Build trust, build confidence."

Overpromise and Underperform​

Haab took aim at Tesla's boisterous marketing, something that regulators have found could lead to overconfident drivers who overestimate its capabilities and end up behaving dangerously on the road.
"We're concerned about others, let's say, promising too much," Haab told Drive. "That's not the way we approach things."
"The problem is — if things are overpromised or do underperform, even if it's very seldom, the entire trust in autonomous driving itself loses confidence," he added. "And that's a bad thing."

A JD Power study last year more or less confirmed Haab's suspicions, finding that consumers are losing confidence in self-driving cars. A separate AAA survey in March found that 68 percent of Americans are afraid of self-driving cars, an increase of 13 percent year over year.
Mercedes has been working on its own Level 3 autonomous driving system, meaning that vehicles can make informed decisions for themselves but still require human drivers poised to take over at any time — although they're able to take their eyes off the road for short periods. The tech was greenlit in California and Nevada last year, making the German automaker the first company in the US to sell cars with Level 3 features.
Tesla's FSD system is still technically considered Level 2, a subtle distinction that means humans are still very much expected to be in control over the vehicle.
By misleadingly marketing it as "Full Self-Driving," and allowing the public to beta test incomplete and deeply flawed software, Tesla is putting the self-driving cart in front of the horse.
"We deal with the risk and then we take the step," Haab told Drive. "We do field validation, we act as if we're the customers."
Haab argued that Mercedes only beta tests with trained employees, who are "skilled engineers or testing drivers."
Given the documented drop in confidence among consumers, there's good reason to be wary of Tesla's move-fast and break-things approach to what it calls "self-driving."

https://futurism.com/tesla-laying-off-every-employee-superchargers
We know that Mr musk is not a big fan of AI.. BUT….. I just make some wild speculation…. BUT IF he is impressed by AKIDA because he realised our solution is working perfectly also without cloud connection or internet. Maybe he could work at something with our technology behind the scenes to improve one or some of his projects….- and push us to space with his rockets…. Wait he already did… yeah what ever… you know what I mean…. 😂 I like this more then this Mercedes hype

Rskiff

Regular
We know that Mr musk is not a big fan of AI.. BUT….. I just make some wild speculation…. BUT IF he is impressed by AKIDA because he realised our solution is working perfectly also without cloud connection or internet. Maybe he could work at something with our technology behind the scenes to improve one or some of his projects….- and push us to space with his rockets…. Wait he already did… yeah what ever… you know what I mean…. 😂 I like this more then this Mercedes hype
I posted this the other month, great real comparison between Tesla FSD and Mercedes FSD

Reactions: 6 users

7für7

Regular
I posted this the other month, great real comparison between Tesla FSD and Mercedes FSD

1720163568137.gif

‘I really don’t know what they said – and I don’t think they does either’​

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Sometimes it helps if you read the instructions first, and don't make up your own definition of highway.

• Haha
  • Fire

The Pope

Regular

View attachment 65981

View attachment 65980
It means BrainChip will make good and nothing to worry about. Leave the $100 at the bar until we catch up next time.
Have a good weekend and that even includes DK6161. I am glad DK 6161 has his cousin currently writing new material on MF even though it’s more shite.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom