BRN Discussion Ongoing

Ahh crap, who did they let go to get Johnny boy?
Seems like a high turnover this year 😩😂🤡🤷.

Relax everyone. I was half joking
1719684891746.gif

Reactions: 2 users

Kozikan

Regular
Ahh crap, who did they let go to get Johnny boy?
Seems like a high turnover this year 😩😂🤡🤷.

Relax everyone. I was half joking
Yeah - Nah.

Except you said it Bong Boy

Half joking.
Ya Half wit

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Some interesting views & predictions being made here by Karin Eibschitz Segal, VP at Intel Israel:

"We are in the process of a significant strategic transformation, transitioning from self-only manufacturing to manufacturing and developing for other companies. Today, there are only three companies in the entire world that manufacture silicon chips with the most advanced technology, two of them in Asia. The fact that Intel is the only Western company is an opportunity, especially in light of exposure to crises like the coronavirus and other geopolitical challenges that disrupt supply chains."

"Today, almost everything that requires intelligence goes to the cloud and back. But there are many applications that you would prefer to use on a computer without going to the cloud and back, for reasons of speed and maintaining privacy. That is why we see a significant trend today, with estimates that by 2028 about 80% of the personal computer market will be dominated by AIPC (Artificial Intelligence Personal Computers). This will affect accessibility, productivity, gaming, image and video search and editing, text-to-image, etc."

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users

7für7

Regular
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

Kozikan

Regular
Now look at what my Google search on “Brainchip Akida” dug up from the depths of the internet:

View attachment 59325

The link looked pretty dodgy to me, so I didn’t click on it. Instead, I did another Google search, this time on “C-Leg 4, Kenovo, Genium and Genium X3”, and it turns out they are all microprocessor-controlled knee prostheses by German orthopaedic technology company Ottobock, which according to Wikipedia (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottobock) is considered “the world market leader in the field of prosthetics and one of the leading suppliers in orthotics, wheelchairs and exoskeletons.”

View attachment 59334

These microprocessor-controlled prosthetic knee joints have been on the market for many years now (the C-Leg was the world’s first in 1997, followed by the first generations of Genium (2011) Genium X3 (2013) and Kenovo (2015), with model updates since), but maybe Ottobock figured it was time for an ultra-low power upgrade?! 🤔

A quick search did not yield any (other) connections between Ottobock and Brainchip, so I am not sure whether this is a valid dot join or possibly some GenAI’s hallucination 😂 (would anyone like to volunteer to click on that link?!).

Employing neuromorphic technology as a means of restoring tactile sensation is definitely something the bionic limbs industry is extremely interested in (not to mention the affected patients!), and of course research of that kind is already being conducted at universities (see the paper below, which @Sirod69 shared with us two months ago), so chances are, the world market leader in prosthetics will have already checked out the available providers of this promising tech and possibly play around with less complicated use cases first.

View attachment 59333

Progress with tradition

Ottobock sets standards​

For more than 100 years, Ottobock develops innovative products. Meanwhile, the med-tech company also takes care of the full treatment cycle all over the globe. These services are provided under the Ottobock SE & Co. KGaA name, which began in 2018 to channel the company’s med-tech expertise also into sustainably healthy workplaces.

We continually develop our company and perfect our technology to improve the lives of our users. In 2022, we invested 7% of our turnover in research and development.

Since 1919 products and technologies from Ottobock have been helping people gain new freedom of movement and avoid potential complications. Initially, the company revolutionised the market – above all treatment for patients – thanks to the series production of prosthetic components. Since then, the focus has turned to microprocessor-controlled knee joints such as the C-Leg (which can be controlled via an app), the computer-controlled C-Brace leg orthosis, the multi-articulating bebionic hand, Juvo power wheelchairs and the Paexo exoskeleton range for ergonomic workplaces.

Our single-minded determination to improve quality of life has made us a global leader in technology for wearable human bionics, which enhance or replace parts of the human body.

In numbers

Ottobock SE & Co. KGaA​

Turnover in 2022​

EUR 1.3 billion

Employees​

Over 9,000 in almost 60 countries across the world

patient care centres​

more than 400

Global market leader​

in prosthetics

View attachment 59340
This isn’t the actual article I was searching for, but it directs you to sooo many New Possibilities
The Bionics market is setting up to take advantage with huge generational improvements for recipients.
Feeling and pressure sensations, as well as hot/cold , thru bionics are at the forefront of ground breaking advancements.

Another space for Akida

Cheers Frangipani

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
This isn’t the actual article I was searching for, but it directs you to sooo many New Possibilities
The Bionics market is setting up to take advantage with huge generational improvements for recipients.
Feeling and pressure sensations, as well as hot/cold , thru bionics are at the forefront of ground breaking advancements.

Another space for Akida

Cheers Frangipani
Really?!..

bionic-man-six-million-dollar.gif

Maybe I can be "Elite" again...

the-six-million-dollar-man-six-million-dollar-man.gif

And if BrainChip doesn't do that well..

family-guy-we-can-rebuild-him.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Maybe some here are already aware of this, but I just came across this interesting development happening in Joondalup, Western Australia. Wonder if Brainchip will be involved in this very big significant Australian project:

"The Australian Automation and Robotics Precinct (AARP) is a world-leading collaborative innovation hub and Australia’s largest test and development site supporting the advancement of automation, robotics, remote operations and zero emissions technologies globally.

Strategically located just 35km north of Perth, Western Australia and just 30mins drive from the CBD, the AARP provides a unique and accessible testing environment, developed and managed by DevelopmentWA – the State Government of Western Australia’s land development agency, and operated by CORE Innovation Hub."

"The AARP Signature Series will bring together thought leaders and customers in a focused industry to discuss real-world challenges and use cases where innovation in robotics and AI can provide solutions. It offers a platform for startups to share their innovative technology and solutions that can be adopted and tested in mining and other sectors."

"We welcome startups with a focus on industrial automation and robotics, including field robotics, autonomous vehicles, autonomous systems, AI, computer and machine vision and internet of things (IoT). Across various stages from concept and design, prototyping, testing to scaling and manufacturing."

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

7für7

Regular

• Thinking
  • Fire

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Ok, here we go with the start of a new financial year.
I hope to retire in 2-3 years and fingers crossed BrainChip will make it a delightful retirement.
Good luck to all LTH's

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 48 users

Diogenese

Top 20
ASIC in the hot seat:

https://www.abc.net.au/listen/progr...o-asic-analysis-with-adele-ferguson/104042088

This week a Senate Inquiry will deliver what is widely expected to be a damning report into the performance of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, ASIC.

In his report, the Chair of the Inquiry Andrew Bragg is likely to recommend major changes to the structure of the organisation, and look at how to better incentivise the regulator, which collects more than 1-point-8 billion dollars annually for the Commonwealth

Hoping they fire a rocket up ASX's trouser leg.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

GDJR69

Regular
I have been on holidays overseas and hadn't looked at the buy/sell ratio for a while. Gee there are certainly a lot of buyers now!

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users
ASIC in the hot seat:

https://www.abc.net.au/listen/progr...o-asic-analysis-with-adele-ferguson/104042088

This week a Senate Inquiry will deliver what is widely expected to be a damning report into the performance of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, ASIC.

In his report, the Chair of the Inquiry Andrew Bragg is likely to recommend major changes to the structure of the organisation, and look at how to better incentivise the regulator, which collects more than 1-point-8 billion dollars annually for the Commonwealth

1719797955340.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

HarryCool1

Regular
ASIC in the hot seat:

I'm going to step out on a very sketchy limb here with what I think they will find!!

giphy.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

7für7

Regular
I have been on holidays overseas and hadn't looked at the buy/sell ratio for a while. Gee there are certainly a lot of buyers now!
Yes there are! They just don’t buy

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Wake me up when something happens...Zzzz....

giphy (1).gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Top Bottom