BRN Discussion Ongoing

RobjHunt

Regular
Daylight savings ended on weekend
Any nuggets of late Fred? We may get another little one at the end of the week 😉

Reactions: 2 users

Fredsnugget

Regular
Any nuggets of late Fred? We may get another little one at the end of the week 😉
Yep, got close to an ounce in nuggets over weekend. A BRN nugget to end this week would be great. Just gotta clean all the ironstone of the specimens

Attachments

• 20240407_143400.jpg
    20240407_143400.jpg
    671.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 28 users
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

7fĂźr7

Top 20
I don’t know , but somehow I have the feeling, SOMETHING BIG IS COMING !!!!!!!! It’s toooo quiet if you ask me … very suspicious !

Edit: no financial advice M.O.O DYOR

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Pmel

Regular
I don’t know , but somehow I have the feeling, SOMETHING BIG IS COMING !!!!!!!! It’s toooo quiet if you ask me … very suspicious !

I hope you are right. Its been very disappointing. It is taking forever. Patience is running out.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

itsol4605

Regular

Did someone tell you this, do you hear voices, was it written on stone tablets or did you perhaps have a divine apparition?

• Haha

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
A new article from our friends at Socionext.

Integrating sensors with edge AI for enhanced IoT solutions​

By Shreyas BasavarajuApr 7, 2024 4:04pm
edge AIagriculturesmart citiesSocionext
illustraion
Edge AI refers to processing data closer to its source, reducing latency, and enhancing real-time decision-making. Integrating sensors with Edge AI will push IoT innovation. (Socionext)
The proliferation of IoT devices and applications has generated massive data. Integrating sensors with edge AI has emerged as a critical solution to harness the potential of this data effectively.
Edge AI involves processing data closer to its source, reducing latency, and enhancing real-time decision-making. Combining this approach with sensors creates a powerful synergy, allowing devices to perceive, understand, and act autonomously.

Sensor Technologies

Various sensor technologies, such as cameras, temperature sensors, accelerometers, and proximity sensors, are fundamental components of IoT systems. These sensors capture data from the physical world, and their integration with edge AI enhances the capabilities of IoT devices. Sensor data can provide information about the environment, user behavior, and system health, which enables intelligent decision-making when analyzed at the edge.
Edge AI Capabilities
Edge AI brings machine learning and deep learning models to IoT devices, enabling them to process and analyze data locally. This approach provides several advantages, including reduced latency, improved privacy, and more efficient use of network resources. Depending on the AI models deployed, the capabilities of edge AI extend to real-time object detection, anomaly detection, predictive maintenance, and even natural language processing.

Key Benefits of Integrating Sensors with Edge AI
I. Real-time Decision Making: Edge AI enables devices to make decisions in real-time based on sensor data, reducing the need for centralized cloud processing. This is particularly crucial for applications like autonomous vehicles, industrial automation, and healthcare monitoring.
II. Enhanced Security and Privacy: Data remains on the device, minimizing the risk of data breaches and ensuring user privacy. This is vital in applications like home security systems and healthcare devices.
III. Reduced Network Traffic: By processing data at the edge, only relevant information is sent to the cloud, reducing bandwidth requirements and associated costs.

IV. Energy Efficiency: Edge AI optimizes energy consumption by processing data locally, leading to longer battery life for IoT devices.
V. Robustness in Unreliable Connectivity: Edge AI allows devices to function even in scenarios with intermittent or unstable network connections.
VI. Adaptability and Customization: Edge AI models can be tailored to specific use cases, making them adaptable to various applications.
Use Cases
I. Smart Cities: Integrating sensors with edge AI in smart city applications enhances traffic management, public safety, waste management, and environmental monitoring.
II. Industrial IoT: In manufacturing, sensors combined with edge AI improve quality control, predictive maintenance, and worker safety.
III. Healthcare: Wearable devices can provide real-time health monitoring, helping individuals manage chronic conditions and alerting healthcare providers in emergencies.
IV. Agriculture: Sensors on agricultural equipment can optimize planting, irrigation, and harvesting, leading to increased crop yields.
V. Retail: Edge AI-powered cameras and sensors enhance customer experiences through personalized recommendations and efficient inventory management.
Challenges
I. Resource Constraints: IoT devices often have limited computational resources, making it challenging to deploy sophisticated AI models.
II. Data Quality: The accuracy of AI models depends on the quality of the sensor data, which can be affected by environmental conditions.
III. Security: Edge AI devices must be safeguarded against physical and cyber threats, as they often operate in uncontrolled environments.
IV. Model Updates: Updating AI models on edge devices can be complex, and mechanisms for efficient model management must be developed.
Future Directions
The integration of sensors with edge AI is poised for significant growth. Emerging technologies, such as 5G networks and low-power AI hardware, will enable even more sophisticated and efficient edge AI solutions. Developing federated learning techniques will also allow AI models to be updated collectively while maintaining data privacy.

Socionext offers a wide range of low-power 24GHz and 60GHz RF CMOS sensors for detecting angles, distances, and objects. These sensors are suitable for everyday applications that require advanced calibration features.
Combined with the implementation of edge AI technology, Socionext extends benefits across various industries and applications. By deploying AI processing capabilities directly at the edge, closer to the source of data generation, Socionext enhances efficiency, reduces latency, and ensures real-time decision-making. This proves particularly advantageous when low-latency responses are crucial, such as autonomous vehicles, industrial automation, and healthcare. Additional benefits include remote or resource-constrained environments where continuous cloud connectivity may not be feasible.

Integrating sensors with edge AI represents a pivotal step forward in the IoT landscape. Enabling devices to make real-time, autonomous decisions based on sensor data enhances efficiency, security, and the overall user experience. As this technology continues to evolve, it will unlock new opportunities across various domains, reshaping the way we interact with our connected world.
Shreyas Basavaraju is a design engineer at Socionext America with over a decade of experience in prototyping SoCs on FPGAs.
edge AIagriculturesmart citiesSocionextSensors

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 52 users

itsol4605

Regular
A new article from our friends at Socionext.

Integrating sensors with edge AI for enhanced IoT solutions​

By Shreyas BasavarajuApr 7, 2024 4:04pm
edge AIagriculturesmart citiesSocionext
illustraion
Edge AI refers to processing data closer to its source, reducing latency, and enhancing real-time decision-making. Integrating sensors with Edge AI will push IoT innovation. (Socionext)
The proliferation of IoT devices and applications has generated massive data. Integrating sensors with edge AI has emerged as a critical solution to harness the potential of this data effectively.
Edge AI involves processing data closer to its source, reducing latency, and enhancing real-time decision-making. Combining this approach with sensors creates a powerful synergy, allowing devices to perceive, understand, and act autonomously.

Sensor Technologies

Various sensor technologies, such as cameras, temperature sensors, accelerometers, and proximity sensors, are fundamental components of IoT systems. These sensors capture data from the physical world, and their integration with edge AI enhances the capabilities of IoT devices. Sensor data can provide information about the environment, user behavior, and system health, which enables intelligent decision-making when analyzed at the edge.
Edge AI Capabilities
Edge AI brings machine learning and deep learning models to IoT devices, enabling them to process and analyze data locally. This approach provides several advantages, including reduced latency, improved privacy, and more efficient use of network resources. Depending on the AI models deployed, the capabilities of edge AI extend to real-time object detection, anomaly detection, predictive maintenance, and even natural language processing.

Key Benefits of Integrating Sensors with Edge AI
I. Real-time Decision Making: Edge AI enables devices to make decisions in real-time based on sensor data, reducing the need for centralized cloud processing. This is particularly crucial for applications like autonomous vehicles, industrial automation, and healthcare monitoring.
II. Enhanced Security and Privacy: Data remains on the device, minimizing the risk of data breaches and ensuring user privacy. This is vital in applications like home security systems and healthcare devices.
III. Reduced Network Traffic: By processing data at the edge, only relevant information is sent to the cloud, reducing bandwidth requirements and associated costs.

IV. Energy Efficiency: Edge AI optimizes energy consumption by processing data locally, leading to longer battery life for IoT devices.
V. Robustness in Unreliable Connectivity: Edge AI allows devices to function even in scenarios with intermittent or unstable network connections.
VI. Adaptability and Customization: Edge AI models can be tailored to specific use cases, making them adaptable to various applications.
Use Cases
I. Smart Cities: Integrating sensors with edge AI in smart city applications enhances traffic management, public safety, waste management, and environmental monitoring.
II. Industrial IoT: In manufacturing, sensors combined with edge AI improve quality control, predictive maintenance, and worker safety.
III. Healthcare: Wearable devices can provide real-time health monitoring, helping individuals manage chronic conditions and alerting healthcare providers in emergencies.
IV. Agriculture: Sensors on agricultural equipment can optimize planting, irrigation, and harvesting, leading to increased crop yields.
V. Retail: Edge AI-powered cameras and sensors enhance customer experiences through personalized recommendations and efficient inventory management.
Challenges
I. Resource Constraints: IoT devices often have limited computational resources, making it challenging to deploy sophisticated AI models.
II. Data Quality: The accuracy of AI models depends on the quality of the sensor data, which can be affected by environmental conditions.
III. Security: Edge AI devices must be safeguarded against physical and cyber threats, as they often operate in uncontrolled environments.
IV. Model Updates: Updating AI models on edge devices can be complex, and mechanisms for efficient model management must be developed.
Future Directions
The integration of sensors with edge AI is poised for significant growth. Emerging technologies, such as 5G networks and low-power AI hardware, will enable even more sophisticated and efficient edge AI solutions. Developing federated learning techniques will also allow AI models to be updated collectively while maintaining data privacy.

Socionext offers a wide range of low-power 24GHz and 60GHz RF CMOS sensors for detecting angles, distances, and objects. These sensors are suitable for everyday applications that require advanced calibration features.
Combined with the implementation of edge AI technology, Socionext extends benefits across various industries and applications. By deploying AI processing capabilities directly at the edge, closer to the source of data generation, Socionext enhances efficiency, reduces latency, and ensures real-time decision-making. This proves particularly advantageous when low-latency responses are crucial, such as autonomous vehicles, industrial automation, and healthcare. Additional benefits include remote or resource-constrained environments where continuous cloud connectivity may not be feasible.

Integrating sensors with edge AI represents a pivotal step forward in the IoT landscape. Enabling devices to make real-time, autonomous decisions based on sensor data enhances efficiency, security, and the overall user experience. As this technology continues to evolve, it will unlock new opportunities across various domains, reshaping the way we interact with our connected world.
Shreyas Basavaraju is a design engineer at Socionext America with over a decade of experience in prototyping SoCs on FPGAs.
edge AIagriculturesmart citiesSocionextSensors

The obligatory question arises:
Brainchip Akida inside ???

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

7fĂźr7

Top 20
Did someone tell you this, do you hear voices, was it written on stone tablets or did you perhaps have a divine apparition?
Actually I have a 🔮 ! Bought in Vietnam on the Mekong River from an old lady… don’t want to tell the whole story again.

• Haha

Diogenese

Top 20
The obligatory question arises:
Brainchip Akida inside ???

There's a fair chance:

sn_pr20221223_01e.pdf (socionext.com)

[MILPITAS/Calif. and Yokohama/Japan. December 23, 2022] --- Socionext Inc., a global leader in the design and development of innovative System-on-Chip products, will showcase its automotive custom SoC technologies at the CES Vehicle Tech and Advanced Mobility Zone, located in the Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall, Booth 10654. CES runs from January 5-8, 2023.

Advanced AI Solutions for Automotive

Socionext has partnered with artificial intelligence provider BrainChip to develop optimized, intelligent sensor data solutions based on Brainchip’s Akida® processor IP.

BrainChip’s flexible AI processing fabric IP delivers neuromorphic, event-based computation, enabling ultimate performance while minimizing silicon footprint and power consumption. Sensor data can be analyzed in real time with distributed, high-performance and low-power edge inferencing, resulting in improved response time and reduced energy consumption.

Creating a proprietary chip requires a complex, highly structured framework with a complete support system for addressing each phase of the development process. With extensive experience in custom SoC development, Socionext uses state-of-the-art process technologies, such as 7nm and 5nm , to produce automotive-grade SoCs that ensure functional safety while accelerating software development and system verification.

Socionext is committed to offering the optimal combination of IPs, design expertise, software development and support to implement large-scale, fully customizable automotive SoC solutions to meet the most demanding and rigorous automotive application performance requirements

Akida - Gateway to the Cyberverse

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 54 users

ndefries

Regular
There's a fair chance:

sn_pr20221223_01e.pdf (socionext.com)

[MILPITAS/Calif. and Yokohama/Japan. December 23, 2022] --- Socionext Inc., a global leader in the design and development of innovative System-on-Chip products, will showcase its automotive custom SoC technologies at the CES Vehicle Tech and Advanced Mobility Zone, located in the Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall, Booth 10654. CES runs from January 5-8, 2023.

Advanced AI Solutions for Automotive

Socionext has partnered with artificial intelligence provider BrainChip to develop optimized, intelligent sensor data solutions based on Brainchip’s Akida® processor IP.

BrainChip’s flexible AI processing fabric IP delivers neuromorphic, event-based computation, enabling ultimate performance while minimizing silicon footprint and power consumption. Sensor data can be analyzed in real time with distributed, high-performance and low-power edge inferencing, resulting in improved response time and reduced energy consumption.

Creating a proprietary chip requires a complex, highly structured framework with a complete support system for addressing each phase of the development process. With extensive experience in custom SoC development, Socionext uses state-of-the-art process technologies, such as 7nm and 5nm , to produce automotive-grade SoCs that ensure functional safety while accelerating software development and system verification.

Socionext is committed to offering the optimal combination of IPs, design expertise, software development and support to implement large-scale, fully customizable automotive SoC solutions to meet the most demanding and rigorous automotive application performance requirements

Akida - Gateway to the Cyberverse
very high chance - they produced this demo using Akida

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
  • Fire
  • Haha

7fĂźr7

Top 20
I hope you are right. Its been very disappointing. It is taking forever. Patience is running out.
As I said…. NO FINANCIAL ADVICE!!!!
I’m patient to be honest. All the prognosis for our Market are looking promising! The question here for me personally is not if, it’s when! And I expect a movement from erliest end 2024 beginning 2025. Latest end 2025. MOO DYOR

Reactions: 4 users
I believe Sean stated 2024 we needed to have runs on the board to be successful
To me that means hitting 6 figures all round smashing it out of the park .

Reactions: 7 users

toasty

Regular
As I said…. NO FINANCIAL ADVICE!!!!
I’m patient to be honest. All the prognosis for our Market are looking promising! The question here for me personally is not if, it’s when! And I expect a movement from erliest end 2024 beginning 2025. Latest end 2025. MOO DYOR
Been hearing dates, and hearing about them blowing out, since 2016..............still believe in the tech, don't have confidence in management to make it happen commercially. Too many timelines blown out and too many promises/comments not met..........

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

7fĂźr7

Top 20
Been hearing dates, and hearing about them blowing out, since 2016..............still believe in the tech, don't have confidence in management to make it happen commercially. Too many timelines blown out and too many promises/comments not met..........
I fully understand your point. It’s hard to understand what’s happening behind closed doors. All the speculations with “akida inside” do the rest. People are too much hyped and on the end they are disappointed. That’s why i always think “hum” when I see postings about “neural link” “intel” “Benz” which are zero related to brainchip. Nothing but speculations. But yeah.. it’s everyone’s choice how to handle the informations and how to coordinate his investment. My investment horizon is minimum 10 years

Last edited:

toasty

Regular
I fully understand your point. It’s hard to understand what’s happening behind closed doors. All the speculations with “akida inside” do the rest. People are too much hyped and on the end they are disappointed. That’s why i always think “hum” when I see postings about “neural link” “intel” “Benz” which are zero related to brainchip. Nothing but speculations. But yeah.. it’s everyone’s choice how to handle the informations and how to coordinate his investment. My investment horizon is minimum 10 years
Ten year horizon, yeah me too. Difference is I've already been in 8 years and heard management make many statements (J-curve sales, explosion of sales, watch the financials, etc.) that have not resulted in any demonstrable commercial progress............

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

MegaportX

Regular
Very slow around the traps today. The market suffering from dopey syndrome. Where is hairy legs with something to chew on.. Back to Romeo and Juliet.... 😎

Reactions: 1 users

Damo4

Regular
Ten year horizon, yeah me too. Difference is I've already been in 8 years and heard management make many statements (J-curve sales, explosion of sales, watch the financials, etc.) that have not resulted in any demonstrable commercial progress............
Hi Toasty,

Would you consider the lack of continuous IP sales as the cause of those unkept promises?
Would you also lay the blame solely on management, or does the excuses of headwinds soften the blow?
Finally would you be more content if they hadn't made any predictions at all? Would the 8 year wait be ok if they said they are still building an ecosystem and left it at that?

I only ask, as it appears they have modified their plan as they encountered these headwinds. It doesn't sound like there plan was to focus on bolstering partnerships, patents, collaborations etc. They also didn't account for the economic headwinds, rightly or wrongly. What was chips, became IP only and now it's a hybrid model with the money still on IP but using chips to grow the customer base.

The lack of IP sales is definitely a measure of commercial success, or lack thereof, but I do think there's lot of success in other ways that may have laid a solid foundation for when the mainstream market decide to take edge Ai seriously.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users
Sean’s plan hasn’t changed from what I can see with patients, partners, eco systems all in order.
I don’t think the IP deals are all Sean plans have ever been.
We are getting close , I take my hat off to those whom have waited along time like myself, this year we win 100% imo.

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
Top Bottom