BRN Discussion Ongoing

Part 3

What could be next for Nvidia? Neuromorphic Computing? 🧠

Okay, so to understand neuromorphic computing (NC), all you need to know is this formula:

Juust kidding.
In short, the answer is much simpler: The future of chips is making physical computers think more like human brains, where chips use the same physics of computation as our own nervous system.
The term "neuromorphic" comes from the Greek words "neuron" (meaning nerve cell) and "morphe" (meaning form). In the context of computing, it refers to the use of electronic circuits and devices inspired by biological neurons' structure and function.
While still nascent, this is another massive technological feat. You might be thinking—but we’ve done something similar already with AI neural networks, what’s the difference?
Simply, we’ve made great progress on the software side of things in terms of mimicking the logic of how a human brain thinks. But solving those challenges on a physical chip is a different beast.
That’s what NC is solving though, and you can imagine how much more advanced our AI and computing will be when we have the chips and software both working in unison like a brain. 🧠
And just to illustrate the monumental difference on the chips’ side:
  • Your computer operates in binary. That’s 0s and 1s; Yes and Nos. It’s rigid, so, the code we use and the questions we ask these kinds of machines must be structured in rigid way.
  • With NC though, we go from rigid to flexible, as these chips will bring computers to the ability to have a gradient of understanding. I’m no engineer, but from what I’ve read, that’s huge.
Here are a few of the breakthrough benefits NC has pundits excited about:
In more succinct words: Neuromorphic Computing is the key to huge leaps in AI advancements.
Just imagine how fast things would be changing in the AI landscape if these were powering Nvidia’s data centers and AI platforms.

It sounds somewhat far-fetched, but that future is already here and in the works.
As was published in this research paper in Nature:
With the end of Moore’s law approaching and Dennard scaling ending, the computing community is increasingly looking at new technologies to enable continued performance improvements. Neuromorphic computers are one such new computing technology. The term neuromorphic was coined by Carver Mead in the late 1980s1,2, and at that time primarily referred to mixed analogue–digital implementations of brain-inspired computing; however, as the field has continued to evolve and with the advent of large-scale funding opportunities for brain-inspired computing systems such as the DARPA Synapse project and the European Union’s Human Brain Project, the term neuromorphic has come to encompass a wider variety of hardware implementations.
And builders are going after it. Intel is already working on these chips, as are various other startups.
In the long term, NC poses a technological obsolescence risk to traditional GPUs and DPUs. If these types of chips become successful, it could threaten Nvidia's business.
However, because NC has the potential to be a game-changer in many different areas of society, and its consequences could be far-reaching and complex, I have zero doubt in my mind that Jensen and his crew are sitting in a Denny’s somewhere, dice in hand, and mapping out Nvidia’s strategic future over some burnt coffee. ☕

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I am just trying to get up to date about the Nvidia GTC news.
Nvidia's Blackwell looks really impressive but power consumption for these ML systems is becoming mind boggling if you add up all instances/data centers etc.

A german tech journal had a nice quote (translated via deepl.com)

We should buy one for @Bravo's $5 party ...

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
I like this analogy so what share prices would you consider to be reasonable for each of the following, just for shits and giggles ?.
That's hard to say and depends on a lot of factors (even just for shits and giggles)..

Keeping it simple and supposing strong uptake, with solid deals and revenue.

2024 A$1.50 - A$2.50
2025 A$2.50 - A$4.50
2026 A$4 50 - A$7.00

At A$7.00 (assuming 1.8B SOI) that's a market cap of 12.6 Billion dollars and we've had a market cap of over 2 billion, on a Mercedes tweet.

So these figures, could well be conservative, but I would be happy of course to see them 😛

Company's have reached much higher market caps, on hundreds of millions of revenue (although while still making a loss).
If BrainChip is making 100s of millions of dollars in revenue, it will be at a margin of over 80%, with our IP model, so in that case, a market cap of over 30 billion AUD is easily achievable (considering AfterPay reached a MC of 33 billion, with around 500 million revenue, but while still running at a 50 million loss, from memory).

Time frames to these kind of revenues, are what we just don't know.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
We should buy one for @Bravo's $5 party ...

How could I possibly decline such a generous offer dear Dodgy Knees?

It sounds powerful enough that I could probably rig it up to the hot tub's operating system when we hit $5! Could be useful for clothing detection purposes!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Bravo

This would be an extremely good fit for us IMO. Could someone please get on the blower to Jensen Huang and let him know, if he doesn't already.

Lockheed, NVIDIA Make AI-Powered Digital Twin to Predict the Weather​

February 1, 2024·2 min read

e634c60a18ff70260a29536f17679777

Lockheed Martin is collaborating with Nvidia to build a prototype that uses AI to combine data and detect anomalies in current environmental conditions. The tool could be increasingly important as the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) last year reported record ocean surface temperatures
The company’s have been working together since 2022 to build a prototype of an AI-driven Earth and Space Observing Digital Twin that can process live streams of weather data, apply AI to analyze the data and display current global environmental conditions from satellite and ground-based observations and output from weather forecasting models.

The project recently reached a significant milestone, demonstrating sea surface temperatures, one of NOAA’s critical data pipelines, to highlight multi-sensor fusion from satellite and model data along with short term temperature anomalies.
Most Read from IEN:

The Earth and Space Observing Digital Twin hopes to provide NOAA with a centralized approach to fuse and visualize data from various space and earth sensors. The demo showed NOAA and other government customers the potential of using AI to display high-resolution, accurate, and timely depictions of satellites and sensor data.
The NOAA is sent terabytes of weather data from multiple space and Earth-based sensors daily, accurately fusing the information could support real-time representations of global conditions.
According to Lynn Montgomery, AI research engineer at Lockheed Martin, the platform could be a “one-stop-shop for global weather monitoring” and enable more accurate initial conditions for predictive forecasting.
The project uses Lockheed Martin’s OpenRosetta3D software and the NVIDIA Omniverse development platform to build applications that aggregate data in real time. The digital twin uses these technologies to advance 4D visualizations and display this information in a digestible format.
Next, Lockheed will feed additional data streams, like space weather and sea ice concentrations, into the Earth and Space Observing Digital Twin next year.
This project was funded by NOAA SAE Joint Venture Partnerships for the exploration of possibilities for a future state and not a mission itself.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
That's hard to say and depends on a lot of factors (even just for shits and giggles)..

Keeping it simple and supposing strong uptake, with solid deals and revenue.

2024 A$1.50 - A$2.50
2025 A$2.50 - A$4.50
2026 A$4 50 - A$7.00

At A$7.00 (assuming 1.8B SOI) that's a market cap of 12.6 Billion dollars and we've had a market cap of over 2 billion, on a Mercedes tweet.

So these figures, could well be conservative, but I would be happy of course to see them 😛

Company's have reached much higher market caps, on hundreds of millions of revenue (although while still making a loss).
If BrainChip is making 100s of millions of dollars in revenue, it will be at a margin of over 80%, with our IP model, so in that case, a market cap of over 30 billion AUD is easily achievable (considering AfterPay reached a MC of 33 billion, with around 500 million revenue, but while still running at a 50 million loss, from memory).

Time frames to these kind of revenues, are what we just don't know.
Brilliant Thankyou

Reactions: 2 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Peter Van Der Made once said "4 bits are enough".

View attachment 59370

Find the missing EV manufacturer who uses Nvidia ...

"Next-gen AI Vehicle Partners
Car partners who’ve pledged their support to roll out next-gen AI vehicle fleets with Drive Thor are BYD, Hyper, XPENG, Li Auto and ZEEKR. Even commercial deployment vendors managing trucks, delivery vehicles, robotaxis and more are working on level 4 autonomous driving solutions with the NVIDIA Thor. These are Nuro, Plus, Waabi, and WeRide with Lenovo Vehicle Computing
."

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Bravo

I like this analogy so what share prices would you consider to be reasonable for each of the following, just for shits and giggles ?.

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 1.34.24 pm.png

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 1.34.47 pm.png

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 1.35.53 pm.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 57 users

skutza

Regular
Just to make sure I'm not misunderstanding, you typically expect a huge event from a company that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to showcase progress in their technology that they're still refining? But because we're a startup, you'll let it slide? (Besides, it's Edge Impulse with our Akida, but okay...)

And by the way in the next set of Quartals, you're probably going to be the first one to ask why we have -1.5 million in expenses. 😂🫵
No, I don't expect any of that. But my point was that this looks like a small science project at a USA science fair at Springfield elementary school. So I would rather that the company didn't post it on their socials. Let the dude have it on his LinkedIn. But again, just my feel, you're obviously happy with it, so good for you. My guess is I likely have about $300k more invested in BRN and would like to be sure I have invested it well. Currently I feel great about my investment, however ask me again after the qtrly.

Diogenese

Top 20
This would be an extremely good fit for us IMO. Could someone please get on the blower to Jensen Huang and let him know, if he doesn't already.

Lockheed, NVIDIA Make AI-Powered Digital Twin to Predict the Weather​

February 1, 2024·2 min read

e634c60a18ff70260a29536f17679777

Lockheed Martin is collaborating with Nvidia to build a prototype that uses AI to combine data and detect anomalies in current environmental conditions. The tool could be increasingly important as the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) last year reported record ocean surface temperatures
The company’s have been working together since 2022 to build a prototype of an AI-driven Earth and Space Observing Digital Twin that can process live streams of weather data, apply AI to analyze the data and display current global environmental conditions from satellite and ground-based observations and output from weather forecasting models.

The project recently reached a significant milestone, demonstrating sea surface temperatures, one of NOAA’s critical data pipelines, to highlight multi-sensor fusion from satellite and model data along with short term temperature anomalies.
Most Read from IEN:

The Earth and Space Observing Digital Twin hopes to provide NOAA with a centralized approach to fuse and visualize data from various space and earth sensors. The demo showed NOAA and other government customers the potential of using AI to display high-resolution, accurate, and timely depictions of satellites and sensor data.
The NOAA is sent terabytes of weather data from multiple space and Earth-based sensors daily, accurately fusing the information could support real-time representations of global conditions.
According to Lynn Montgomery, AI research engineer at Lockheed Martin, the platform could be a “one-stop-shop for global weather monitoring” and enable more accurate initial conditions for predictive forecasting.
The project uses Lockheed Martin’s OpenRosetta3D software and the NVIDIA Omniverse development platform to build applications that aggregate data in real time. The digital twin uses these technologies to advance 4D visualizations and display this information in a digestible format.
Next, Lockheed will feed additional data streams, like space weather and sea ice concentrations, into the Earth and Space Observing Digital Twin next year.
This project was funded by NOAA SAE Joint Venture Partnerships for the exploration of possibilities for a future state and not a mission itself.

Weather prediction will be simplified when they get Blackwell running - when it's on it's hot, when it's not, it's not.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

jtardif999

Regular
Hi all, is it just me or does this type of post/marketing actually put us backwards? I mean as nice as the information is, it seems like a very basic and ...... i don't know unprofessional finish/polish to the company? Cheap? i can totally say it's just my impression, but maybe others feel similar? Ho hum.
Cheap is the only way to eventually proliferate. 54% of companies surveyed recently said they would have to incorporate AI to help their business grow by 2030 or be left behind. (Paraphrasing a story I read on Apple News a few days ago.) There is a greater proportion of companies that won’t be able to afford the expensive infrastructure changes to incorporate the AI we currently have and this includes edge technology. Selling cheaper, lower power tech to that proportion could be the most lucrative thing we could do. BRN has the top down approach selling IP to bigger companies that can then produce large quantities at scale, but through Edge Impulse and similar and the university programs imo are also tackling proliferation from the bottom up. I think the Edge Box and the Cup Cake server are examples of plug and play for a larger audience and the Edge Impulse projects then provide real world examples of use cases that in time will take hold. We’ve seen in the last couple of days a medical tech example detecting pneumonia and now the defect monitoring example. The more these kinds of examples are shown the more Akida will be thought of as a go to imo. It feels like we are getting much closer to that tipping point right now!

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
Weather prediction will be simplified when they get Blackwell running - when it's on it's hot, when it's not, it's not.
Blackwell heat issue? No problemo!
images - 2024-03-19T141957.942.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 24 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

Bravo

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom