BRN Discussion Ongoing

Kachoo

Regular
Edgx wins the ESA contract Akida will be going to space.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

charles2

Regular
Fantastic news and likely further validation for Akida. And parenthetically exactly 11 years to this day my surgical career finished....I retired.

So of course to celebrate I bought more shares today. 34k.

Does that make any sense??? Or just a complete non sequitur.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 52 users

rgupta

Regular
In
Akida could already be there in space. Renasas supplied a good chunk of hardware to ISRO on their mission to Moon and Sun.
On top we all know our involvements with NASA and Ant61.
I assume akida is making life easy for a lot of space agencies to accomplish their missions.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Draed

Regular
Fantastic news and likely validation for Akida. And parenthetically exactly 11 years to this day my surgical career finished....I retired.

Also, a doctor. I attended a medical conference in Melbourne on AI in medicine last week. Was fascinating. I'm talking to an Australian company atm that writes your medical notes from as you take history and examine. It was flawless. Even generated very impressive referral letters. But, all has to be sent to server farm and then back. Which makes it less secure and power hungry. Several speakers were aware of brain chip and said the only barrier is more research papers proving its design and results. Which FAct finder had graciously supplied.... hope more to come.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 59 users

JoMo68

Regular

Momentum is building. Bring on ubiquity!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Kachoo

Regular
In

Akida could already be there in space. Renasas supplied a good chunk of hardware to ISRO on their mission to Moon and Sun.
On top we all know our involvements with NASA and Ant61.
I assume akida is making life easy for a lot of space agencies to accomplish their missions.
Ant61 yes they are also one. Nasa well we know nothing of those but its possible that word had beed spread that Akida's efficiency significantly improves project capabilities and comes.

I mean to not take anything away from EDGX its a collaboration but I'm seeing a pattern starting to develop. IMO

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20240201_081641_LinkedIn.jpg

1705480644098.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users

Earlyrelease

Regular
To the moon

Re your article about Akida and traffic command.

I particularly liked the summary

“ The low cost, energy efficiency, and computational horsepower of this combination should result in a device that could be practically deployed throughout a city.”

Humm one city multiple sets of traffic controls light (100’s). Let’s extrapolate that over the developed world and at low cost at edge. Will enjoy just this one ideas addition to the flow of pennies as I am watching financials.
💰 💵💶💷💴

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Perhaps

Regular
Bye bye iniVation, bon voyage to China:

1706742649033.png

1706742713253.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Fantastic news and likely further validation for Akida. And parenthetically exactly 11 years to this day my surgical career finished....I retired.

Sequiturs are so boring.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Hi All

The following are the known Brainchip Aerospace and Defence partnerships and relationships:

NASA
VORAGO
ARM
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES
INTEL FOUNDRY SERVICES
INTELLISENSE
INFORMATION SYSTEMS LABS
US AIR FORCE RESEARCH LAB
QUANTUM VENTURA
US HOMELAND SECURITY
US DEPT OF ENERGY
ANT61
EDGX
EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY
MICROCHIP
SIFIVE
PROPHESEE
BLUE RIDGE ENVISIONEERING

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 64 users

GazDix

Regular
Hi All

The following are the known Brainchip Aerospace and Defence partnerships and relationships:

NASA
VORAGO
ARM
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES
INTEL FOUNDRY SERVICES
INTELLISENSE
INFORMATION SYSTEMS LABS
US AIR FORCE RESEARCH LAB
QUANTUM VENTURA
US HOMELAND SECURITY
US DEPT OF ENERGY
ANT61
EDGX
EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY
MICROCHIP
SIFIVE
PROPHESEE

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Don't forget Airbus as well FF.

Last year, an Airbus engineer compared Akida with an Nvidia A100 and found Akida superior.

Also we collaborated together in 2018 from memory?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Morning Chippers ,

INTEL ,CEO Pat Gunslinger sits down at World Economic Forum for a chit chat with Klaus Schwab.

* For those that are time poor ..... watch it at 1.5 X playback speed.

Regards,
Esq.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

rgupta

Regular
Ant61 yes they are also one. Nasa well we know nothing of those but its possible that word had beed spread that Akida's efficiency significantly improves project capabilities and comes.

I mean to not take anything away from EDGX its a collaboration but I'm seeing a pattern starting to develop. IMO
Firstly nasa is official partner to brainchilp.
And I donot want to discredit EDGX, but still feel EDGX chose us coz we are the pime candidate for space and world's biggest space industry is already our partner.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users
Peter van der Made has a successful track record where cybersecurity is concerned. Very early in AKIDA technology development Peter van der Made emphasised that its capacity to recognise unseen repeating patterns made AKIDA ideal for detecting cybersecurity threats.

In furtherance of this Peter van der Made flew to Greece and acquired the exclusive rights to cybersecurity Software for spiking neural networks from Professor Iliadis at the Democratis University of Thrace.

Professor Iliadis caused a little bit of a stir shortly after by stating in an interview with a student magazine that AKIDA with his software was being used by NASA to navigate in space.

Quantum Ventura partnered with Brainchip to develop a Cybersecurity system to protect essential infrastructure in an SBIR from the US Department of Energy.

A friend pointed out that the very nature of such a project is likely to require that its successful completion will never be revealed.

So the next best thing would be research that confirms the feasibility of this approach to cybersecurity.

The following researchers unrelated to Quantum Ventura and Brainchip believe so:

“Adaptive Cyber Defense: Leveraging Neuromorphic Computing for Advanced Threat Detection and Response

Aviral Srivastava, Viral Parmar, Samir Patel, Akshat Chaturvedi
2023 International Conference on Sustainable Computing and Smart Systems (ICSCSS), 1557-1562, 2023
As the complexity of the digital landscape evolves, so does the sophistication of cyber threats, necessitating advanced cybersecurity measures. Despite significant strides in threat detection and response using machine learning and deep learning techniques, these systems grapple with high false positive rates, limited adaptability to evolving threats, and computational inefficiency in real-time data processing. This study proposes to delve into the potential of Neuromorphic Computing (NC) to address these challenges. Inspired by the human brain’s principles, NC offers rapid, efficient information processing through Spiking Neural Networks (SNNs) and other brain-inspired architectures. The study hypothesizes that integrating NC into cyber defence could enhance threat detection, response times, and adaptability, thereby bolstering cybersecurity systems’ resilience. However, the implementation of NC in cybersecurity is fraught with challenges, including scalability, compatibility with existing infrastructures, and the creation of secure, robust neuromorphic systems. This study elucidates these challenges, proposes potential solutions, and highlights future research directions in this promising field. With focused research and development, NC could revolutionize cybersecurity, enhancing the defence mechanisms of the digital ecosystems against the relentless onslaught of cyber threats.

The study analyses that the incorporation of NC into cybersecurity is not only feasible but also necessary in increasingly digital world.

Given all of the above it is hard to not believe that Quantum Ventura will convince the US Department of Energy that the use of AKIDA technology to ensure the cybersecurity of essential infrastructure is NOT ONLY FEASIBLE BUT ALSO NECESSARY.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 56 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Hi All

A tiny detail that some may miss in this EDGX paper is that one of the authors is David Steenari ESA
The Netherlands.

ESA for those that might not know is the European Space Agency.

This is significant lest there be any doubt circulated as to whether the benefits of using AKD1000 has filtered through from EDGX to those in charge in the ESA.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Hi Fact Finder,

Speaking of the European Space Agency! This ties in with the following posts:
Seeing as Adam Taylor (Adiuvo Engineering) acts as a consultant and is developing the flight electronics and FPGA solutions then no doubt he has or will come across EDGX too.

Adiuvo are also developing embedded vision and ADAS vision systems and given Adam Taylor sung our praises in his blog, would it be too much to expect inclusion in these systems also?🤞

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 11.25.52 am.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users
Hi Facty,

I just noticed that the author of the article you posted previously on NASA's HPSC admits he's not an expert in space-based computing, so he asked an expert for his opinion, and that expert was Adam Taylor, the founder and president of Adiuvo Engineering in the UK. That happens to be the very same Adam Taylor that wrote the below blog on our website. Talk about a coincidence!😝

Adam Taylor states in the article “It is interesting that as an FPGA design company (primarily), we have designed in several MicroChip SAM71 RT and RH [radiation tolerant and radiation hardened] microcontrollers recently, which really provide some great capabilities where processing demands are low. I see HPSC as being very complementary to this range of devices, leaving the ultrahigh performance / very hard real time applications to be implemented in FPGA."

So, from the horses mouth, so-to-speak, Aduivo has designed several radiation tolerant and radiation hardened MicroChip controllers recently.

View attachment 55591

View attachment 55590

Adam Taylors opinion of BrainChip's Akida in a nutshell.🥳

Extract 1

View attachment 55596
Extract 2

View attachment 55593

Brilliant research as always @Bravo 😊

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Bravo

Hailo, Renesas in 2024 AI domain controller

Hailo, Renesas in 2024 AI domain controller​

Business news | January 31, 2024
By Nick Flaherty
AI AUTOMOTIVE POWER MANAGEMENT

The Hailo-8 AI accelerator and Renesas R-car controller are being used for a passively cooled main controller in production later this year.​

The iMotion iDC High Domain Controller combines the Hailo-8 AI accelerator and R-Car V4H SoC and will be deployed in mass production in 2024 by a Chinese OEM. iMotion, based in China, works with OEMs such as Geely, Great Wall Motor, Chery, Dongfeng and Polestar.

The AI-enabled domain controller makes advanced driving, parking safety and comfort applications more affordable for mass market vehicles. The Hailo-8 chip is used for Highway Pilot / Navigate on Autopilot (NoA), Automated Home Parking, and in the future also Urban Pilot / NoA.

The domain controller enables Bird’s Eye View 3D perception for advanced automated driving applications and enhances safety and comfort with a 10V5R sensor configuration. Importantly, the low power consumption of the Hailo-8 accelerator enables passive cooling of the ECU, lowering the cost of the residual bill of materials (BoM) and simplifying the vehicle integration.

Hailo is one of several AI chip suppliers that Renesas works with for different OEM suppliers, and Renesas is also developing its own AI silicon with IP from Brainchip and its own cloud-based AI development toolchain.

“The integration of Hailo’s groundbreaking Hailo-8 AI accelerator and the high-performance Renasas R-Car V4H SoC significantly improves the affordability of iMotion’s AD/ADAS domain controller while enabling best-in-class processing capabilities, an important development in our shared commitment to make advanced automated driving safer and more affordable for all vehicles,” said Orr Danon, Hailo CEO. “Partnering with iMotion represents another key milestone in our quest to make our AI technology foundational in the 21st century global automotive industry that needs high performance, cost-effective, robust and scalable AI solutions for automated driving and parking.”

“We chose to partner with Hailo for high performance AI in ADAS because of the advanced AI capabilities and efficiencies their Hailo-8 AI processor brings to the market for the benefit of all drivers. The Hailo-8 accelerator is unique in its ability to enable power-efficient AI acceleration of state-of-the-art Neural Networks with low energy consumption that greatly advances automotive innovation,” said iMotion CTO Calvin Lu.

Further amplifying that point, Takeshi Fuse, Vice President of Marketing, High Performance Computing Division of Renesas, noted: “The integration of the Renesas R-Car SoC with the Hailo-8 AI accelerator further enables unprecedented capabilities such as Bird’s-Eye-View 3D perception at an affordable cost for mass market vehicles. Together, we are bringing to life a new era in high performance, affordable automated driving that will benefit the Chinese automotive market specifically and the automotive industry at large.”

www.renesas.com; www.hailo.com; www.imotion.ai

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 59 users

Bravo

Rebellions collaboration with Samsung set to challenge NVIDIA. The two companies aim to complete the chip’s development by the end of this year and begin mass production in 2025. Rebel will target the generative AI market, specifically large language models (LLMs) and hyperscalers.

Extract

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 12.27.42 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom