BRN Discussion Ongoing

wilzy123

Founding Member
OK, so I said " I'm VERY disappointed that the share price has gone nowhere after the C.E.S., to which Wiltzy said "Where was it supposed to go? LOL. Perhaps I am the naive one, and you will enlighten me as to where it should have gone and why."

Fullmoonfever has clarified and I believe he's correct i.e. CES is a trade show & that's where I was wrong Wiltzy.

NOW, trying to be constructive, I still believe there was an opportunity missed at the CES.
I suggest that at future shows like the CES, we could have the best of both worlds.

Have a person or persons demoing, and another discussing investing in us. Have the booth clearly set up between the two and I reckon some visitors would see the demo, go off, thinking, then, realising the potential, and having subliminally noticed the investing idea, would come back for info. We could also be a bit naughty by employing a crowd enthusiastically jostling and calling out "how can I invest".;)
giphy (17).gif

"Have a person or persons demoing, and another discussing investing in us. Have the booth clearly set up between the two and I reckon some visitors would see the demo, go off, thinking, then, realising the potential, and having subliminally noticed the investing idea, would come back for info. We could also be a bit naughty by employing a crowd enthusiastically jostling and calling out "how can I invest""

You are still not getting it LMAO

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Yes accept all of your reasoning but what logic saw investors find a reason to sell off and drop the price to 16 cents?

What was the bad news that caused the loss of confidence?

Your thinking and mine align except that I am not asking why the price did not explode and go to $2.34 and beyond but why the engagement with these three companies is considered a negative.

By the way Kailash PrasadDesign Engineer @ Arm in the following confirms the statements by the representative of Infineon at CES 2024 that what sets AKIDA apart is its capacity to scale and fuse multiple inputs while providing low powered inference:

“The Brainchip Akida Neuromorphic System-on-Chip, which is a low-power and scalable chip that can integrate multiple DVS and DAS sensors and perform event-based learning and inference”

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
I guess most investors expect big announcements during these trade shows but honestly I cannot explain it.
The ones like you me and a lot of other in this forum know that this won’t happen and share their frustrations but still know that it’s not if but when when it comes to commercial success.
Greetings from Germany

• Love
Reactions: 24 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
Yes accept all of your reasoning but what logic saw investors find a reason to sell off and drop the price to 16 cents?

Your thinking and mine align except that I am not asking why the price did not explode and go to $2.34 and beyond but why the engagement with these three companies is considered a negative.

By the way Kailash PrasadDesign Engineer @ Arm in the following confirms the statements by the representative of Infineon at CES 2024 that what sets AKIDA apart is its capacity to scale and fuse multiple inputs while providing low powered inference:

“The Brainchip Akida Neuromorphic System-on-Chip, which is a low-power and scalable chip that can integrate multiple DVS and DAS sensors and perform event-based learning and inference”

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
For mine, the mkt isn't logical...well...when it comes to retail anyway :LOL:

SM, Funds, Instos etc have no emotional attachment. It's a numbers and profit game for them.

The run to the ATH was driven by Merc (pun intended) as we know and the promise of more at the time hence the FOMO.

I agree there was no bad news or anything negative with the 3 engagements, merely the unfilled "promise" of a follow up formal Ann or agreement.

That is not by design of BRN or the other companies. Merely, the engagements, tech etc were at early stages imv.

The formal side just hasn't happened....yet.

So those looking for the quick flip, short term follow through or even longer term confirmation of something formal, move on, hence the drift down as the demand isn't outstripping supply.

They will be back when there is something more formal to their liking, whether it's an Ann or revenue or both.

With that though comes the volatility.

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
OK, so I said " I'm VERY disappointed that the share price has gone nowhere after the C.E.S., to which Wiltzy said "Where was it supposed to go? LOL. Perhaps I am the naive one, and you will enlighten me as to where it should have gone and why."

Fullmoonfever has clarified and I believe he's correct i.e. CES is a trade show & that's where I was wrong Wiltzy.

NOW, trying to be constructive, I still believe there was an opportunity missed at the CES.
I suggest that at future shows like the CES, we could have the best of both worlds.

Have a person or persons demoing, and another discussing investing in us. Have the booth clearly set up between the two and I reckon some visitors would see the demo, go off, thinking, then, realising the potential, and having subliminally noticed the investing idea, would come back for info. We could also be a bit naughty by employing a crowd enthusiastically jostling and calling out "how can I invest"
CES is not an investors conference.
It's an opportunity to show off the tech to potential customers that haven't already been engaged. It's not an opportunity to pump the shit out of the SP.

So I'm not sure what opportunity was missed?

What were you expecting?

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 24 users

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Obviously the forum knows your background and the field you worked in Fact Finder and your level of intelligence is high,
The question I'm going to ask may seem silly because I'm not up with it.
Is it possible ARM could take a licence with us ? Or they would just buy our company out instead of a licence and keep the secret sauce for themselves

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Have a person or persons demoing, and another discussing investing in us. Have the booth clearly set up between the two and I reckon some visitors would see the demo, go off, thinking, then, realising the potential, and having subliminally noticed the investing idea, would come back for info. We could also be a bit naughty by employing a crowd enthusiastically jostling and calling out "how can I invest".;)
1705402117465.gif

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users
Obviously the forum knows your background and the field you worked in Fact Finder and your level of intelligence is high,
The question I'm going to ask may seem silly because I'm not up with it.
Is it possible ARM could take a licence with us ? Or they would just buy our company out instead of a licence and keep the secret sauce for themselves
1705402168755.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

schuey

Regular
This information needs to be absorbed by all who are complaining.

The 3 companies mentioned will have a much larger impact to BRN revenue then MB would but its about the Branding.

The SP action well there is no action happening its dead just being played with buy institutions and brokers. With no interest its pretty easy to see how the price got to where it is.

What is more frustrating in my view is the SP is measuring past performance instead of future performance. ATM.

The constant slide was achieved by driving away speculation investment Management have not been helpful in some of there action either to attract people.

The technologyband company from many many individuals in the industry speak highly of the SP.

The connections with Microchip, Infineon and Onsemi are more advertised then the one MB tweet that went out and people still dwelling on MB. Come on MB when and if they incorporate Akida will generate revenue till then they is no talk of anything from them. What we know is they are still partners and working away.
MB said they will announce who they choose to go forward with later in the year.....Boom or slow POP....Im confident its Akida. EQXX was a success....amazing.....why wouldnt They use us.....they aint silly.....

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Hi All
I am loath to bother stating the obvious because it will be attacked and lies will be spread far and wide for reasons that others need to judge but what the heck:

Fact 1: Mercedes Benz with a $72 billion market cap in a magazine article is reported as saying at CES 2022 that it is working with Brainchip trialling AKIDA technology in a concept vehicle not intended for production and makes some positive comments. Before these magazine reports can be verified the share price commences to rise terminating at $2.34 before commencing to fall.

Fact 2: OnSemi, Microchip and Infineon with a combined $122.10 billion market cap undertake joint demonstrations of their respective technologies working with Brainchip AKIDA technology at CES 2023 for a range of mass consumption use cases not concepts and company representatives of each come on publicly released Brainchip podcasts and go on record permanently confirming they are actually partnered for these demonstrations and speak highly of the individual outcomes and the Brainchip share price drops to 16 cents.

My opinion only so DYOR but the logic of the above is difficult to understand.
Fact Finder
Like some have said, Mercedes was a big name.
Who's really heard of OnSemi, Infineon, or Microchip?..

If Samsung had of dropped something, I think it would have been a bit of a different story, although times aren't what they were.

Also the general vibe around BrainChip, from the general investing public, has dropped off a lot.
This is the case, with many speculative companies these days.
Being on Tsex, has also insulated us a lot from other investors.
High ranking posts, would get hundreds of likes, ranking at the top of HC and drawing more attention.

The Market environment now, is completely different, to what it was in 2022, on sugar rush highs, of basically Worldwide stimulus, due to Covid19.

Now we have the hangover of "high" (not really high, but painful) interest rates, brought on by "uncontrolled" inflation, which was already there, but made worse, by Putin's invasion (basically all the World's problems stem from the US's desire for hegemony over others).

In the current Market environment, BrainChip is a little like the kid who cried wolf.
We are basically in the "Trough of Disillusionment" and the only thing that will pull us out, is "Income Sensitive" news, whether that's IP deals or true "Household name" engagements.

As the nature of BrainChip's relationships with its partners and customers, are hard to quantify, we are left, with "watching the financials".

So far, there hasn't been much to see, so the Market doubts us.

They have erroneously, put us out to pasture.

Just my simplistic views.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

Easytiger

Regular
Hi All
I am loath to bother stating the obvious because it will be attacked and lies will be spread far and wide for reasons that others need to judge but what the heck:

Fact 1: Mercedes Benz with a $72 billion market cap in a magazine article is reported as saying at CES 2022 that it is working with Brainchip trialling AKIDA technology in a concept vehicle not intended for production and makes some positive comments. Before these magazine reports can be verified the share price commences to rise terminating at $2.34 before commencing to fall.

Fact 2: OnSemi, Microchip and Infineon with a combined $122.10 billion market cap undertake joint demonstrations of their respective technologies working with Brainchip AKIDA technology at CES 2023 for a range of mass consumption use cases not concepts and company representatives of each come on publicly released Brainchip podcasts and go on record permanently confirming they are actually partnered for these demonstrations and speak highly of the individual outcomes and the Brainchip share price drops to 16 cents.

My opinion only so DYOR but the logic of the above is difficult to understand.
Fact Finder
Charlie Munger had three baskets for investing - Yes, No and To hard to understand. Based on that framework Warren Buffett would not invest in Tech as he did not understand it, and therefore would not play on that game. Have we made it easy to understand?

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
MB said they will announce who they choose to go forward with later in the year.....Boom or slow POP....Im confident its Akida. EQXX was a success....amazing.....why wouldnt They use us.....they aint silly.....
They ain't silly, but don't doubt the underhanded persuasiveness, of companies like Intel.

On a level playing field, we all know, we're the best choice.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

schuey

Regular
Like some have said, Mercedes was a big name.
Who's really heard of OnSemi, Infineon, or Microchip?..

If Samsung had of dropped something, I think it would have been a bit of a different story, although times aren't what they were.

Also the general vibe around BrainChip, from the general investing public, has dropped off a lot.
This is the case, with many speculative companies these days.
Being on Tsex, has also insulated us a lot from other investors.
High ranking posts, would get hundreds of likes, ranking at the top of HC and drawing more attention.

The Market environment now, is completely different, to what it was in 2022, on sugar rush highs, of basically Worldwide stimulus, due to Covid19.

Now we have the hangover of "high" (not really high, but painful) interest rates, brought on by "uncontrolled" inflation, which was already there, but made worse, by Putin's invasion (basically all the World's problems stem from the US's desire for hegemony over others).

In the current Market environment, BrainChip is a little like the kid who cried wolf.
We are basically in the "Trough of Disillusionment" and the only thing that will pull us out, is "Income Sensitive" news, whether that's IP deals or true "Household name" engagements.

As the nature of BrainChip's relationships with its partners and customers, are hard to quantify, we are left, with "watching the financials".

So far, there hasn't been much to see, so the Market doubts us.

They have erroneously, put us out to pasture.

Just my simplistic views.
I disagree to a degree...Brainchip are on track with all they set out acheive....They Cried Wolf and so far there us a Wolf.....Its hiding in the woods just waiting for the hunters to get to know him and stop attacking......Dont worry.....under in unfluence I am.....

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

schuey

Regular
They ain't silly, but don't doubt the underhanded persuasiveness, of companies like Intel.

On a level playing field, we all know, we're the best choice.
Have they got what we got.
Can they do what we can do and we have proven we can do?

Reactions: 2 users
I disagree to a degree...Brainchip are on track with all they set out acheive....They Cried Wolf and so far there us a Wolf.....Its hiding in the woods just waiting for the hunters to get to know him and stop attacking......Dont worry.....under in unfluence I am.....
I'm not saying we aren't progressly greatly and doing all the right things, as far as laying the foundations of a Great Company.

It's just the Market, presently expects more tangible results and many, have blown us off.

The Market perception of our value, just isn't there, at the moment.

Reactions: 12 users
6.20 mins

"Later this year we will decide on a partner to further develop our AI technology". Markus Shafer (CEO Mercedes)

They've already announced NVIDIA, so it can't be them he's referring to. Sooooo....

Nice thought Bravo.

Following that post I have been mulling over this thought bubble:

Mercedes has never publicly announced a ‘Partnership’ with Brainchip. No formal agreement has ever been announced. (Correct me if I am wrong)

Mercedes has released numerous articles saying they have worked with our technology and found it to be far superior to others they have tried.

Mercedes have gone on, to let it slip, that they are using Akida in the voice recognition software for their MBOS and other aspects of their future vehicles being released in 2024.

Brainchip has added Mercedes to their website under the banner You are in good company:

The funny thing is that every other company in that location is actually an official partner where announcements have been made.

1705404161882.png

1705404167390.png

1705404172130.png

In that respect, Mercedes are a little bit of an odd one out in this elite class of global companies, don’t you think?

So NVIDIA and MB present at the 2024CES here

CEO of Mercedes and CEO NVIDIA (their partnership-MB and NVIDIA has already been announced)

and the NVIDIA CEO has this to say @23:10

"We are going to build this fleet like no other fleet has been built.

We're going to put into and adapt into this fleet of Mercedes-Benz the most powerful computer in the world at it's time and it will have plenty of headroom.

It's still being designed.

Hundreds of engineers are currently designing that processor and it will go into a computer that will be outfitted into the entire fleet.

In no time in history has so much computing power been put into a car."

Then in the clip you are pointing to

Marcus Schaefer (Chief technology officer) says “later this year we will decide on a partner to further develop this technology.”

As you say MB has already announced NVIDIA as a new partner but have not officially announced a partnership with Brainchip and yet they allow their name to be plastered on the BRN website as someone that is in good company with Brainchip with many other already announced partners.

I have everything crossed that this is the ignition point for our beloved investment vehicle.

When is it coming?
Later this year according to Marcus.
Before the May AGM I really hope, even better allow them to sign a license to ensure first in best dressed amongst the automobile companies

Very exciting

edit : I dont think that NASA has officially announced a partnership either

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users
Have they got what we got.
Can they do what we can do and we have proven we can do?

They haven't, but they do have neuromorphic hardware and have worked with Mercedes previously.

Intel, could easily front up with the development funding (and extra) to design what is needed with the A.I. system Mercedes requires.

Obviously I don't want that to happen, just saying nothing is certain, until the ink dries.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users

Kachoo

Regular
I guess most investors expect big announcements during these trade shows but honestly I cannot explain it.
The ones like you me and a lot of other in this forum know that this won’t happen and share their frustrations but still know that it’s not if but when when it comes to commercial success.
Greetings from Germany
The CES show in my opinion was positive. We had 3 collaborations identified. We marketed our Edge Box product and what ever else they did. We know that they had fully booked the presentations.

Like in the past I'm sure there are NDAs in regards to both parties.

Having a edgy product well we know BRN is in the business of technology IP to OEM not to end consumers which the show specifically is set up for.

Its hard to see the positives but there are.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users
They haven't, but they do have neuromorphic hardware and have worked with Mercedes previously.

Intel, could easily front up with the development funding (and extra) to design what is needed with the A.I. system Mercedes requires.

Obviously I don't want that to happen, just saying nothing is certain, until the ink dries.
Hi DB
The last statement by Mike Davies was that commercialisation of Loihi technology is still five years away and they have moved their focus away from the Edge to the Cloud.

If we believe him then Mercedes must have decided on a very long lead time to bring their vision to market.

If we don’t believe Mike Davies what commercial advantage is he achieving for Intel by eroding potential customer expectations to this extent?

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Hi DB,

I'm hanging my hat on TeNNs which makes Akida 2 significantly more efficient than Akida 1, which itself is significantly more efficient than anything else MB has tried.

... and we have just found the published patent applications for TeNNs, so good luck to anyone trying to reproduce that.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 78 users
Top Bottom