BRN Discussion Ongoing

Xray1

Regular
and today's BRN winner is Chris Stevens !! :) :) :)

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
So how you come at 24/25 and when company did not said anything about that.
Matter of fact Sean told on his 1st AGM , judge me on results sales could be lumpy( which means there should be some by now) and then in second AGM he told us he has 5 year plan which will mean 2026 onwards.
A lot of companies share their strategies for next 5 years e.g megachips said they are planning on a turn around and should be happening by 2025. Accordingly investors take their positions but with brainchip neither they are sharing the strategy nor they are showing any revenue. So end result we are more than 90% down from all time high. Shorters make a good feast out of stock and holders are crying. But there is no mention of any strategy by Brainchip management.
BrainChip's goal is to become ubiquitous.

Their strategy to achieve it (beyond having a brilliant technological product) is to build out a World Class ecosystem of partners that will support it, including ground roots education, of the people that will be making the moves in that World.

They cannot make strategies, or give guidance of how the Company will perform in the future, because they are unknowns at the moment.

You can't judge what we should be doing as a Company, by comparing us to established Companies..

Well you can, but it's like expecting too much from a young child..

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

Arayat

Emerged
View attachment 47930
He could definitely still be on the list, just not in the top 20. This is from 27/04/2023.
Looks like Di Nardo has sold at least 365,981 shares. Because that's the difference between 5,921,536 that he held in April, when he was in the top 20 shareholders, and the 5,555,555 shares held by no. 20 in the October list.

Though I suppose he could be holding his shares in some other way now eg a nominee account.

Reactions: 6 users
Not watched yet

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Are there any that you do? 🤔
1698136712508.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Quatrojos

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Just my 2 cents:

referencing my own quote (from end of September):

1) get all bad news/sentiment - company related and macro economically (as far as possible regarding timing) out of the way first
2) get your product out
3) and then keep pushing the newsflow.

So what do we have:

• We have dropped out of the ASX200
  • We probaly will have a Q3 report with sub-optimal earnings
  • Macro economics are tough but these times seem either almost at the end of the downtrend trend or at least not far away before capitulation (at least stockmarket wise).
  • Interest rates won't get higher much more or even start to stagnate before the obvious reduction will kick in (will this happen in the first half of 2024, the second half or in the beginning of 2025? I don't know but it will beginn somewhen and stock market will adjust accordingly in advance)
  • August and September seem not to be a perfect timeslot regarding stock markets. If there's a move upwards it doesn't seem to happen during northern hemisphere summer time very often - more likely towards the end of the year.
  • Maybe bad performing stock even will be reduced/dropped out of the portfolios before the final quarter (end-of year-rally, if there's one).

What happened until now:
  • Bad news out of the way (macro nearing bottom , Q3 4C no revenue)? - check
  • Release the product/IP (version 2.0 & VVDN hardware box preorder by end of year) - check
  • Start to push the newsflow (I'm curious when it will start: beginning/mid of November?) - waiting

What am I expecting regarding revenue for the 2023-Q4/2024-Q1:
  • Last ATM LDA captial cash raise
  • Royalties should start dripping slowly (Renesas, Megachips ...)
  • One or two IP licenses sold (over the next half year)
  • Starting product revenue (VVDN preorders)
  • Some Engineering support / milestone payments by parters?

What I'm wondering is: who will be the first buyers of the VVDN Edge box and what will they use it for.

From the 4C:
Brainchip entered into a partnership with VVDN Technologies, an industry-leading device manufacturer and solutions provider that has extensive experience in developing and deploying vision-based solutions for various domains, such as automotive, industrial, security surveillance, enterprise, medical and others. VVDN will deliver the first Edge box based on neuromorphic technology.

The Edge box is a compact and powerful device that can run various AI applications at the Edge of the network, such as video analytics, face recognition, object detection and more on multiple streams of input at the same time. VVDN is a leading provider of Edge boxes and has selected BrainChip’s Akida due to its performance, energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness that allows it to create more portable solutions and scale to larger markets.

If I had to guess:
  • It's kind of similar to the original Akida 1.0 cards/dev-kits
    but maybe with less focus on developers
    but more on end-customers testing this boxes in the real world (testing the ouput in combination with their own software)

• Video analytics seems to be one mayor focus - hmmm ...
    haven't there been some refrences to evaluations/hackathons regarding smart city / traffic surveillance lately

Yes waiting & current stock price is hard, but I think we have almost made it through.
Good luck everyone

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

TECH

Regular
Tax Refund GIF

I received this last quarter from my son back in Perth who has been holding for around 7+ years, so he is like many holders
who have basically run out of patience....but not me, I'm on a journey to the stars or maybe a slow boat to China :ROFLMAO:

There was just no indication during the last quarter that any meaningful revenue would be produced and todays 4C proved a
number of us right.

Sean's report laid out what the company had already announced during the period, so despite feeling the frustration like many
I am still very positive in my January 2025 private review month.

I noticed someone wanted to hear from Peter and/or Anil to comment on commercial progress to date, well my suggestion is
either ring the US and ask to speak to Anil or ring Toulouse and ask to speak to Peter yourself, but let us know how you get on.

Hoping for some news on AKD III late this year, with a market release mid 2025 maybe.

Markets reaction strongly suggests today's result had well and truly already been factored in.

Good evening....Tech ;)

• Love
Reactions: 27 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Just my 2 cents:

What happened until now:
  • Release the product/IP (version 2.0 & VVDN hardware box preorder by end of year) - check
  • Start to push the newsflow (I'm curious when it will start: beginning/mid of November?) - waiting

What I'm wondering is: who will be the first buyers of the VVDN Edge box and what will they use it for.

From the 4C:

If I had to guess:
    but more on end-customers testing this boxes in the real world (testing the ouput in combination with their own software)

haven't there been some refrences to evaluations/hackathons regarding smart city / traffic surveillance lately

Yes waiting & current stock price is hard, but I think we have almost made it through.
Good luck everyone
In 2018, Brainchip Studio with Brainchip Accelerator were capable of monitoring 16 video channels (eg, facial recognition), and were being trialed by EU police.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

7für7

Regular
So how you come at 24/25 and when company did not said anything about that.
Matter of fact Sean told on his 1st AGM , judge me on results sales could be lumpy( which means there should be some by now) and then in second AGM he told us he has 5 year plan which will mean 2026 onwards.
A lot of companies share their strategies for next 5 years e.g megachips said they are planning on a turn around and should be happening by 2025. Accordingly investors take their positions but with brainchip neither they are sharing the strategy nor they are showing any revenue. So end result we are more than 90% down from all time high. Shorters make a good feast out of stock and holders are crying. But there is no mention of any strategy by Brainchip management.
I understand your worries but sometimes you have to read (how I said very often) between the lines. You have to read and understand what they want to tell us. You as investors are also responsible for your money you put or take out from the brainchip pot. It’s not always “yeah I will buy some shares wow let’s gooo” you have to work and react with the informations they provide us!

Here you can read some numbers for example

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users
Back to reality I’d say.
If I was running the company I’d be ashamed to call us the leader in anything
i think we really don't know shit.
who knows what deals have been done? do you? , i know I don't know what they have install for 2024?

my personal belief is that maybe just maybe they don't want anything released until 2024 because of the amount of infrastructure that needs to be put in place building a new market for 1, building an Ecco system.
creating partnerships, it all takes time not to mention the workload from the companies that are interested in the tech.

Anyway it will happen, and we are way out in front of the crowd.

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Sam

Nothing changes if nothing changes
Tax Refund GIF

I received this last quarter from my son back in Perth who has been holding for around 7+ years, so he is like many holders
who have basically run out of patience....but not me, I'm on a journey to the stars or maybe a slow boat to China :ROFLMAO:

There was just no indication during the last quarter that any meaningful revenue would be produced and todays 4C proved a
number of us right.

Sean's report laid out what the company had already announced during the period, so despite feeling the frustration like many
I am still very positive in my January 2025 private review month.

I noticed someone wanted to hear from Peter and/or Anil to comment on commercial progress to date, well my suggestion is
either ring the US and ask to speak to Anil or ring Toulouse and ask to speak to Peter yourself, but let us know how you get on.

Hoping for some news on AKD III late this year, with a market release mid 2025 maybe.

Markets reaction strongly suggests today's result had well and truly already been factored in.

Good evening....Tech ;)
Speaking of china…. Wen mintwendo switch… that’s the knock off version for those wondering….

• Haha
  • Fire

Slade

Top 20

Embedded Systems: A Journey with Arpan Pal, TCS Research’s Distinguished Chief Scientist​

IEEE Computer Society Team
10/23/2023
Share this on:
Arpan Pal

Arpan Pal, a distinguished Chief Scientist and Research Area Head at TCS Research, has carved a prominent niche in Intelligent Sensing, Signal Processing & AI, and Edge Computing. With an impressive career spanning over three decades, he has contributed significantly to the advancements in Embedded Devices and Intelligent Systems. His expertise lies at the intersection of hardware and software, where he thrives, making significant contributions to embedded systems.

In this interview, Arpan delves into the intricacies of his career journey, shedding light on the inspirations that led him to pursue a path in embedded systems and the subsequent evolution of his expectations. Furthermore, he generously shares insights into the surprises and challenges encountered, emphasizing the critical balance between technological innovation and real-world applications. As a seasoned professional, Arpan offers invaluable advice for aspiring scientists and engineers in the field, providing a roadmap for success that revolves around a deep understanding of hardware-software co-design and the adaptability to emerging technologies.

Arpan envisions a future for Embedded Systems that is deeply rooted in the principles of power efficiency and sustainable computing. With his visionary perspective on the transformative potential of brain-inspired neuromorphic computing and spiking neural networks, Arpan anticipates a paradigm shift towards energy-conscious AI systems. Pal’s remarkable contributions guide the future of technology and innovation as we delve deeper into the world of embedded intelligent systems.

What inspired you to go into embedded systems? Would you say your career has matched what your original expectations were? If so, what? If not, why not?​

For me, embedded systems had been a natural fit since I liked both hardware and programming and my first two jobs were in hardware-driven embedded systems – one was to build a microcontroller-based PSTN telephone exchange monitoring system, and the other was to build missile seeker systems. As I began working on these projects, I realized that I loved embedded systems because it is the only field that allows one to work at the intersection of hardware and software and requires knowledge of both electronics and software programming.

So far, the experience and the journey have exceeded my expectations. The biggest satisfaction is to see how embedded systems are making a comeback in the form of Edge Computing and how the concept of “AI at the Edge” is becoming mainstream for IoT, Robotics and AR/VR as it enables reliable, low latency, low power yet privacy-preserving intelligence at the edge.

What in your career has surprised you the most? Are there any challenges you overcame that you’d like to share?​

The biggest surprise in the early part of my career was to discover the possibility, for a given use case, of building a computationally lighter version of a sophisticated complex algorithm when faced with the compute/memory/power constraint of embedded systems without any significant compromise on the algorithm performance and I have applied this understanding again and again in my career.

The main challenge in embedded systems research is how to marry technological novelty to a visible and useful impact in the application.
When I worked in missile technology, this challenge manifested itself in designing novel real-time target-tracking algorithms that can run on a DSP chip. In my sensing work in TCS for healthcare, this meant designing AIML/Signal Processing algorithms that consume as little power as possible so that they can work with wearables. Our Industry 4.0 intelligent IoT work involved designing systems that provide real-time or near-real-time response with deterministic latency.

The other challenge is at the platform level, where we have come a long way from tiny microcontrollers to DSP processors to AI chipset accelerators. But what has not changed is that an algorithm will always need more time, memory, and power than is available in the target embedded hardware – optimizing it to fit the target hardware is always a challenging task that requires embedded engineering expertise.

What resources or skills did you find most helpful when moving up in your career?​

Key skills are as follows:
  • A thorough understanding of hardware system features and limitations is essential for abstracting their implications for embedded applications.
  • When dealing with real-time systems, how to make software optimally utilize the hardware – hardware-software co-design is the key.
  • Understanding on how to map the impact of an application to the novelty of an embedded system in terms of system/technology, and how an application-level constraint will translate into system-level constraint in an embedded system.

What advice would you give to scientists/engineers in embedded systems?​

The first piece of advice will be to understand the beauty and the nuances of the hardware-software co-design in embedded systems, which is unique in terms of hardware capability and software features.

The second piece of advice will be to keep an open mind and be ready to adapt to new technologies/techniques as they come. Let’s take an example – In today’s world AI is the hype word; however, AI on embedded systems is not really well-understood yet. Embedded Edge Computing technology is coming up in a big way to address this.

The third advice is to identify a problem and then use technology to solve it, rather than going bottom-up to build a novel technology system first and then look for its suitable application.

What do you see as the future of Embedded Systems?​

When will embedded intelligent systems become truly power-aware? Green computing is indispensable as we forge towards a sustainable future. Embedded System engineers are inherently trained to make their algorithms work on low-power, low-latency-constrained embedded devices. The same principles need to be applied to transform over-parameterized ultra-large and power-hungry AI models into power-efficient AI systems.

Our brain computation needs only 20 Watts, while a typical GPU cluster may need tens of kilowatts of power – how do we design AI systems that consume power in the order of our brain? In the area of low-power embedded systems, brain-inspired neuromorphic computing and spiking neural networks (SNN) tailor-made for non-Von-Neumann Neuromorphic architecture will result in significant power saving. SNN on Neuromorphic architecture is a great example of nature-inspired hardware-software co-design.

Learn More About Arpan Pal​

infographic of Arpan Pal career journey

Arpan Pal has more than 30 years of experience in the areas of Intelligent Sensing, Signal Processing &AI, Edge Computing and Affective Computing.

Currently, as Distinguished Chief Scientist and Research Area Head, Embedded Devices and Intelligent Systems, TCS Research, he is working in the areas of Connected Health, Smart Manufacturing, Smart Retail and Remote Sensing.

Arpan has been on the editorial board of notable journals like ACM Transactions on Embedded Systems, and Springer Nature Journal on Computer Science. Additionally, he is on the TPC of notable conferences like IEEE Sensors, ICASSP, and EUSIPCO. He has filed 180+ patents (out of which 95+ were granted in different geographies) and have published 160+ papers and book chapters in reputed conferences and journals. He has also written three complete books on IoT, Digital Twins in Manufacturing, and Application AI in Cardiac screening. He is on the governing/review/advisory board of some Indian Government organizations like CSIR, and MeitY, as well as of educational Institutions like IIT, IIIT, and Technology Innovation Hubs. Arpan is two times winner of the Tata Group top Innovation award in Tata InnoVista under Piloted technology category.

Prior to joining Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Arpan had worked for DRDO, India as Scientist for Missile Seeker Systems and in Rebeca Technologies as their Head of Real-time Systems. He has a B. Tech and M. Tech degree from IIT, Kharagpur, India and PhD. from Aalborg University, Denmark.
This

In 2018, Brainchip Studio with Brainchip Accelerator were capable of monitoring 16 video channels (eg, facial recognition), and were being trialed by EU police.
And if you want that to scale for most crossroads of a major city (let’s say London, Mexico City …) you could need one or two of these boxes I guess …

But that’s just wild speculation from my side. What I would like to know is if the chip inside of these Edge boxes will be branded Brainchip, VVDN or something else (Renesas?).

Reactions: 2 users
  • Fire
Just my 2 cents:

What happened until now:

From the 4C:

If I had to guess:

Good luck everyone
Edge boxes seem to be proliferating already in the market place..

“This portable and compact Edge box is a game-changer that enables customers to deploy AI applications cost-effectively with unprecedented speed and efficiency to proliferate the benefits of intelligent compute.”

You can just imagine a customer or investor looking at that and saying, fuck it, more verbal diarrhoea that doesn’t sell anything or give a differentiator why we should be buying this..

Let’s just go with Qualcomm. A known known, and we know what we’re going to get..

“This portable and compact Edge box is a game-changer that enables customers to deploy AI applications cost-effectively with unprecedented speed and efficiency to proliferate the benefits of intelligent compute.”

You can just imagine a customer or investor looking at that and saying, fuck it, more verbal diarrhoea that doesn’t sell anything or give a differentiator why we should be buying this..

Let’s just go with Qualcomm. A known known, and we know what we’re going to get..
„You won’t get fired for buying IBM.“ also did work for longer than I would have expected. But at some point in time, you could no longer ignore the competition.

And btw we don’t need to own the whole edge AI market, a single digit percentage would be just fine for me 😉

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

I hope this company will be selling millions amd millions of these boxes. Otherwise I can’t see any major income from them. But I guess some income is better than nothing

Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom