BRN Discussion Ongoing

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Poor Billionaires get a bad rap, probably safer and more politically correct these days to just stay a boring old multi millionaire. :)

And not a mention of the obvious gold digger elephant in the room!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Hi FMF,

not sure visiting Russian sites is a good idea at the best of times.

In the early days of PCs, I advised a friend to get some security software. He googled the product and, being, shall we say, cost-conscious, he looked for the cheapest offer rather than the home page of the software provider. Also being fairly new to computers, he either did not see the ".ru" or did not understand what it meant.

Needless to say, his computer caught a nasty rash which required a visit to the computer clinic ...

... and he had the temerity to blame me for his troubles.
We’ve all been there @Diogenese (re. Blame for helpful computing advice), well at least I have. I even once wrote the word “any” on the space bar of a relative’s computer to satisfy his requests for “which key is the any key?”.
I gave up offering computer advice years ago. Even after moving to an all-apple experience in about 2008, I still regularly field questions from Windows users. My answer now is “That’s why I changed over to Apple”.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Hoots Mon!
Well, we are just going to have to behave better, when we all become Brainchip Billionaires!
I'm giving it ten more years!
And then, if'n my net worth is not o'ertoppin $999,999,999....
I'll be writing a stern letter to our Mr Heheheir... :)
I'll definitely be needing a young wife by then to prepare my coco at night. :)

View attachment 3468
A true gentleman to the very end.......I believe his last words were...." I'm just coming Dear."

• Haha
  • Love

MrNick

Regular
Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 1.52.56 pm.png

Reactions: 10 users
We’ve all been there @Diogenese (re. Blame for helpful computing advice), well at least I have. I even once wrote the word “any” on the space bar of a relative’s computer to satisfy his requests for “which key is the any key?”.
I gave up offering computer advice years ago. Even after moving to an all-apple experience in about 2008, I still regularly field questions from Windows users. My answer now is “That’s why I changed over to Apple”.
I have sympathy with both sides of this human interaction. What seems like a life time ago I took my PC tower (why not call it a box) to the computer repair shop.

A full of his own brilliance young fellow asked me what was wrong. I made the mistake of saying l didn’t know anything about computers but that while I was working on it, it would get slower and slower then freeze up. He plugged it in hit the keyboard at 1,000 miles an hour unplugged brought back to the counter told me it was something I was doing as there was nothing wrong. Basically F off.

I stood silent at the counter and from further back in the shop an older (meaning my age) chap came out. Asked me what was going on.

Told him my problem and did not rubbish the bastard who had served me first but assured this fellow there must be a problem.

Anyway he said can you leave it with me and come back later etc;
When I returned later the older chap saw me and came to the counter and explained that only a few minutes before I returned the problem had happened and they had just discovered that the fan was failing and they were just putting in a new one.

Two things came about as a result of this:

1. I learnt that young people did not have a monopoly on knowledge about computers and can be as cranky and intolerant as any geriatric.

2. Heat is the enemy of Von Neumann based architecture.

The first one I probably already knew. Age does not have a monopoly on intelligence or ignorance.

The second one though is what first attracted me to Brainchip and its technology as heat and Von Neumann problems played out many more times in the following years.

To a certain extent that first need to seek advice about a faulty PC has been responsible for a now very profitable investment.

My opinion only DYOR.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 24 users

Vanman1100

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
Capture.PNG

wonder if theres any gold in this paid market research report - looks like just updated yesterday from an earlier January report

Reactions: 17 users
For those interested in a comparison of Syntiant and BrainChip I found this Linley Group Report by Mike Demler from October 2019.

Quote of the day: "BrainChip has developed a unique product that’s more versatile than its low-power competitors".

View attachment 3456
Just brilliant. Hopefully after this we can bury Syntiant. Then again if they have breached Brainchip’s patents and need to pay damages and royalties I won’t be able to get enough Syntiant news. 😂🤣😎

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 22 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I though the answer would be “an un-irond table cloth”

Not exactly. But that made me think of another one.

Question: What do you get if you cross BrainChip with an un-ironed tablecloth?
Answer: The Wrinkle-Gate Affair.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Yeah, but she also gave him a hard time!
Looks like it was not something that she could do all that often 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 1 users

VictorG

Not exactly. But that made me think of another one.

Question: What do you get if you cross BrainChip with an un-ironed tablecloth?
Answer: The Wrinkle-Gate Affair.
You have killed several billion of my synapse.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

JK200SX

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Neuromorphia

fact collector
Context...Brainchip job advertisement mentions Agricultural Equipment. Here is a video with autonomous Agricultural Equipment.

ag.JPG

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 32 users

In one of Mr. Dinardo the former CEO’s webinars he spoke in an almost random fashion about the fact that he had no idea how many different data points tractors measured and sent to the cloud. He did put a number which I think was over 100.

There has been clearly an ongoing engagement with the Agricultural industry for some years. We have even had photographs of tractors in presentations.

We know at the highest level of probability that an EAP is one of the large players in advanced intelligent automated agriculture we just don’t know which one.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

Easytiger

Regular
Taken from the MegaChips website, the text below shows that BrainChip is an important part of MegaChip's business model in the US. This is a strategic move made by a successful Japanese company. I believe a great deal of research would have been conducted by MegaChips prior to them selecting BrainChip as one of their two AI IP providers.

Moving to the US
MegaChips came to the United States in 1995, but kept a low profile. However it has made a number of strategic investments in the US. It acquired SiTime Corp, located in Santa Clara CA, in 2014 and then spun it out as a public company in 2019. In July 2021, MegaChips invested in SiliconBrite, a company focused on analog and mixed-signal technologies. Later in 2021, MegaChips struck a strategic partnership with Motus-Labs to work jointly on products for the robotics and automated equipment.
In a much more aggressive move, in mid-2020, founder and Chairman, Masahiro Shindo, identified AI/ML technology to be critical to Megachips’ future and asked the US operation to take a leadership position in moving the company in that direction.

MegaChips began an internal training program to allow a group of dedicated engineers to become experts in this important technology. The company made significant investments in the US to identify key partners, build relationships with local universities, and acquire key talent in this space. In 2021, the company made multi-million-dollar investments in two key AI/IP partners, Brainchip and Quadric, to bolster its offerings in the Edge AI market. The company is now positioned to make an aggressive move into the US ASIC market, using its skills in Edge AI as a key component of that move.

View attachment 3432
Masahiro Shindo
Wow

• Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Cyw

Regular
  • Thinking

Diogenese

Top 20
Yes I saw that then I thought I would look up the definition of “graphic processor unit” and they are but one part of a GPU which I am sure you know. I then read a Q&A where someone asked if you could run one without a GPU and the answer was that you could for limited purposes run them directly on the CPU.

Then this totally techno unco thought to himself NASA does not mention either a GPU or a CPU being involved but does mention neuromorphic computing and adding much more thinking.

Then I went to the statement in the last couple of months from Brainchip that someone was benchmarking AKIDA against a GPU and it was coming back favourable to AKIDA.

So then I without any engineering qualifications or idea leapt to the following:

1. A graphic processor needs some compute to maximise its potential as a sensor;

2. AKIDA out performs a GPU and is SWaP and COTS ready and is being investigated at Ames. Ames is where this was all developed;

3. Why could AKIDA technology not be providing the extra processing power to maximise the analogue graphic processing unit???

“graphic processor units that use electric analog circuits to mimic the human nervous system, known as or neuromorphic processors, adds much more "thinking" capability in these small boxes”

Wild and meaningless speculation DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi FF,

I noticed you were looking askance at my linking NASA and MemRistors.

If you google "NASA memristor" you will find a wealth of SBIRs, over several years, eg:

https://sbir.nasa.gov/SBIR/abstracts/21/sbir/phase1/SBIR-21-1-H6.22-2890.html

Radiation-Hardened Memristor-based Memory for Extreme Environments​

Submitted by drupal on Wed, 10/23/2013 - 18:04

Early investigations have also shown that memristors have high radiation hardness. In this SBIR, CFDRC and Arizona State University propose to develop, characterize, and demonstrate novel, memristor-based, radiation-hardened NVM (non-volatile memory) for NASA space applications. In Phase I we will: 1) Fabricate state-of-the-art Chalcogenide Glass (ChG) memristors based on the CBRAM technology; 2) Examine their wide temperature performance (-230 to +130 deg.C) via thermal experiments; and 3) Add new models to CFDRC's NanoTCAD Mixed-Mode simulator for accurate physics-based simulation of memristors. The Phase I effort will evaluate suitability of ChG memristors for extreme temperature applications. In Phase II, we will extend our scope to include wide-temperature investigation of the competing transition-metal-oxide (TMO, e.g., TiO2) memristor technology. For both ChG and TMO, we will then perform irradiation testing and down-select the technology with the best extreme environment (radiation + temperature) performance. Subsequently, we will generate wide-temperature, radiation-enabled, device physics and compact models for the memristors, develop designs for memristor-based NVM, and perform mixed-mode simulations to determine their radiation and thermal response. These results, and physics-based understanding of device response, will be used to develop an NVM prototype that will be tested and demonstrated for NASA space applications.

#######################################################
https://sbir.nasa.gov/SBIR/abstracts/12/sbir/phase1/SBIR-12-1-H6.02-9737.html

Proposal Number: 21-1- H6.22-2890

Subtopic Title:
Deep Neural Net and Neuromorphic Processors for In-Space Autonomy and Cognition

Proposal Title:
3D Integrated Memristor Chip for Neuromorphic Processing
Form Generated on 04/06/2021 12:12:34
The innovation is in the design and fabrication of oxide thin film based memristors for each layer, with some of the memristors exhibiting large off/on resistance ratios, some used for switching, and some with low off/on resistance ratio with large number of intermediate resistance states (depicting the synaptic weights). Innovative fabrication and packaging solutions will be considered in Phase 2 for developing a microsystem with unique low power neuromorphic computing capability with SWaP considerations for small satellites.

Potential NASA Applications (Limit 1500 characters, approximately 150 words):
Neuromorphic computing is expected to enable NASA’s growing demands for artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) on board space platforms to optimize and automate operations. A hardware based neuromorphic computing utilizing memristors provides a potential low power computing with integrated memory and decentralized operations. Such an architecture could be used for onboard learning to optimize communication and data processing capabilities in a cognitive system meeting the SWaP constraints in space systems.

While it may be that there is scope for the use of memristor NVM in conjunction with Akida, memristors have a tendency for the charge to leak, which is a serious problem for analog NNs. Only the other day we looked at a hybrid (Frankenstein) NN (Syntiant) which used memristors, but required a digital output stage to correct for the drift in memristor charge.

1. BRN Discussion 2022

Hi Vanman, We've looked at Syntiant a couple of times here and "there". They have a Frankenstein neural arrangement blending analog and digital circuitry. We looked at Syntiant earlier this (last) year, but they are worth another look. Many of their patents relate to the computerized...
So to your question:

"3. Why could AKIDA technology not be providing the extra processing power to maximise the analogue graphic processing unit???

“graphic processor units that use electric analog circuits to mimic the human nervous system, known as or neuromorphic processors, adds much more "thinking" capability in these small boxes
”"

I think it is an either/or situation, they would both be doing the same job of being NNs classifying input data. So, we know that NASA also has a thing for redundancy, so they could have one of each. Better still, they could have 3 Akidas.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
In one of Mr. Dinardo the former CEO’s webinars he spoke in an almost random fashion about the fact that he had no idea how many different data points tractors measured and sent to the cloud. He did put a number which I think was over 100.

There has been clearly an ongoing engagement with the Agricultural industry for some years. We have even had photographs of tractors in presentations.

We know at the highest level of probability that an EAP is one of the large players in advanced intelligent automated agriculture we just don’t know which one.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Oh Deere. I hope whichever company it is, we sell them on Masse-y.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users
S

Straw

Oh Deere. I hope whichever company it is, we sell them on Masse-y.
As long as they don't retrofit fully AGI capable vibration analysis on 60yo acreage tractors or it might develop anxiety issues.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom