😃

Screenshot_20230804_224646_LinkedIn.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Foxdog

Regular
Another reminder that South Korea should not be underestimated…
They even have a Minister of Science and ICT (Information and Communication Technology), who is very much aware of neuromorphic technology’s groundbreaking potential:

South Korea unveils 10-year blueprint for chip supremacy​

While the chip industry has reached a certain level of maturity, the ministry also predicted the market size will double over the next decade.

Jo He-rim

Jo He-rim​

The Korea Herald
20230509000555_0.jpeg

Minister of Science and ICT Lee Jong-ho speaks at a meeting in Seoul on April 21. (Yonhap)

May 10, 2023
SEOUL – South Korea on Tuesday introduced its first blueprint on research and development of the chip industry, aimed at fostering next-generation memory and logic chips amid rising global competition.

Under the 10-year R&D road map, the Ministry of Science and ICT outlined its pursuit of technological advancement in three areas of next-generation memory and logic chips, and advanced packaging.

The ministry vowed to support the semiconductor industry to produce faster, more energy efficient and higher capacity chips for the industry to maintain its global dominance in fields it is already leading, and for it to gain a competitive edge in advanced logic chips.

The blueprint elaborates on the details of the chip strategy the government had announced earlier in April. At that time, the government said it would invest 563.5 billion won ($425 million) in R&D in the chip industry to support fostering talent, infrastructure and technology development.

The road map is also a follow-up measure to the agreements made in the latest summits with the US and Japan on R&D cooperation in the chip, display and battery sectors, the ministry added.

A public-private consultative group, to be led by the Science Ministry, was established the same day to connect and promote cooperation among the government, industry stakeholders and those in academia.

“With the public-private consultative group of future chip technology, we plan to establish an R&D ecosystem to promote frequent cooperation of all players, including the government, industry and research sectors,” said Science Minister Lee Jong-ho at the presentation event held in Seoul.

“The government will strategically pursue R&D based on the road map, for future semiconductor technology policies and business directions,” Lee added.

The ministry said related industry, government and research entities have taken part in discussions to establish the national blueprint since May last year.
In the consultative body, the minister said the government will play a role in bolstering the chip industry’s long-term preparedness throughout the whole supply chain from materials to design and manufacturing.

Under the R&D blueprint, the country aims to develop next-generation memory chips, involving next-generation chip devices, ferroelectric RAM, magnetic RAM, phase-change RAM and ReRAM, or resistive random-access memory.

Intensifying competition to miniaturize circuits for high-density and low-power chips have prompted leading chipmakers such as Samsung Electronics and TSMC to develop 3-nanometer chips.

For narrower and more efficient chips, the companies are working to overcome the limits of the current complementary metal-oxide semiconductors, but at the same time looking for ways to boost the durability and reproducibility, the ministry said.

Over the next decade, it has also set goals to develop original technologies in chip design for artificial intelligence, 6G, electricity and automotive sectors, and also original technologies for ultra chip-scaling and advanced packaging.

It is crucial the country achieves a competitive edge in producing processing-in-memory chips, which combines the computing function to memory chips, as demand is rising fast for bigger data and computing capacities, the ministry explained.

The rise of artificial intelligence, the ministry said, would lead the chip trend to evolve from graphics processing units to neural processing units, or microprocessors that specialize in accelerating machine learning for various uses such as self-driving cars and facial recognition.

It would then move to focus on neuromorphic chips to deliver capabilities in robotics, health care through technology that mimics how the human brain works, it added.

The blueprint also highlights the importance of foundries, which are critically linked to chip design and production capacity of logic chips, and seeks to support technology advancement in manufacturing.

The ministry also stressed on the post-manufacturing process of advanced packaging, calling it the key to advancing chip technology as growth from chip miniaturization starts to plateau.

At the Tuesday briefing held in Seoul, Samsung Electronics, SK hynix, Sapeon Korea, RFHIC and Wonik IPS also presented their latest technology and industry trends.

While the chip industry has reached a certain level of maturity, the ministry predicted the market size will double over the next decade. The global chip market was valued at $601.5 billion in 2022, quadruple the size in 2002, according to data from Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency.
Excuse me Mr Lee Jong-ho, a company called Brainchip already does a neuromorphic chip, in fact has done for some time. I respectfully suggest you save yourself years of research and millions of dollars and give them a call, ask about AKIDA. I think you'll be pleasantly amazed 👍

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Getupthere

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Vladsblood

Regular
Another reminder that South Korea should not be underestimated…
They even have a Minister of Science and ICT (Information and Communication Technology), who is very much aware of neuromorphic technology’s groundbreaking potential:

South Korea unveils 10-year blueprint for chip supremacy​

While the chip industry has reached a certain level of maturity, the ministry also predicted the market size will double over the next decade.

Jo He-rim

Jo He-rim​

The Korea Herald
20230509000555_0.jpeg

Minister of Science and ICT Lee Jong-ho speaks at a meeting in Seoul on April 21. (Yonhap)

May 10, 2023
SEOUL – South Korea on Tuesday introduced its first blueprint on research and development of the chip industry, aimed at fostering next-generation memory and logic chips amid rising global competition.

Under the 10-year R&D road map, the Ministry of Science and ICT outlined its pursuit of technological advancement in three areas of next-generation memory and logic chips, and advanced packaging.

The ministry vowed to support the semiconductor industry to produce faster, more energy efficient and higher capacity chips for the industry to maintain its global dominance in fields it is already leading, and for it to gain a competitive edge in advanced logic chips.

The blueprint elaborates on the details of the chip strategy the government had announced earlier in April. At that time, the government said it would invest 563.5 billion won ($425 million) in R&D in the chip industry to support fostering talent, infrastructure and technology development.

The road map is also a follow-up measure to the agreements made in the latest summits with the US and Japan on R&D cooperation in the chip, display and battery sectors, the ministry added.

A public-private consultative group, to be led by the Science Ministry, was established the same day to connect and promote cooperation among the government, industry stakeholders and those in academia.

“With the public-private consultative group of future chip technology, we plan to establish an R&D ecosystem to promote frequent cooperation of all players, including the government, industry and research sectors,” said Science Minister Lee Jong-ho at the presentation event held in Seoul.

“The government will strategically pursue R&D based on the road map, for future semiconductor technology policies and business directions,” Lee added.

The ministry said related industry, government and research entities have taken part in discussions to establish the national blueprint since May last year.
In the consultative body, the minister said the government will play a role in bolstering the chip industry’s long-term preparedness throughout the whole supply chain from materials to design and manufacturing.

Under the R&D blueprint, the country aims to develop next-generation memory chips, involving next-generation chip devices, ferroelectric RAM, magnetic RAM, phase-change RAM and ReRAM, or resistive random-access memory.

Intensifying competition to miniaturize circuits for high-density and low-power chips have prompted leading chipmakers such as Samsung Electronics and TSMC to develop 3-nanometer chips.

For narrower and more efficient chips, the companies are working to overcome the limits of the current complementary metal-oxide semiconductors, but at the same time looking for ways to boost the durability and reproducibility, the ministry said.

Over the next decade, it has also set goals to develop original technologies in chip design for artificial intelligence, 6G, electricity and automotive sectors, and also original technologies for ultra chip-scaling and advanced packaging.

It is crucial the country achieves a competitive edge in producing processing-in-memory chips, which combines the computing function to memory chips, as demand is rising fast for bigger data and computing capacities, the ministry explained.

The rise of artificial intelligence, the ministry said, would lead the chip trend to evolve from graphics processing units to neural processing units, or microprocessors that specialize in accelerating machine learning for various uses such as self-driving cars and facial recognition.

It would then move to focus on neuromorphic chips to deliver capabilities in robotics, health care through technology that mimics how the human brain works, it added.

The blueprint also highlights the importance of foundries, which are critically linked to chip design and production capacity of logic chips, and seeks to support technology advancement in manufacturing.

The ministry also stressed on the post-manufacturing process of advanced packaging, calling it the key to advancing chip technology as growth from chip miniaturization starts to plateau.

At the Tuesday briefing held in Seoul, Samsung Electronics, SK hynix, Sapeon Korea, RFHIC and Wonik IPS also presented their latest technology and industry trends.

While the chip industry has reached a certain level of maturity, the ministry predicted the market size will double over the next decade. The global chip market was valued at $601.5 billion in 2022, quadruple the size in 2002, according to data from Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency.
This is some more media coverage that’s in the right place and timing to allow Brainchip to get others around the world 🌎 to realise just how far out in front Brainchips lead actually is. Vlad

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20230805_071910_LinkedIn.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
This is two weeks old, but I don't recall having seen this posted here.

The g mac intelligence CEO, posted about us a couple of weeks ago,

This guy is very well connected at Qualcomm............. If Qualcomm have developed their own equivalent technology, or close to it,......... Why would they partner with brain chip instead?

He would be privy to most recent tech advancements that Qualcomm and the industry have to currently offer given the connections he has.

Why Amite Mate?? Why choose Brainchip over Qualcomm?

I know why. Do you?

"Excited to partner with Brainchip, a renowned leader in edge AI computing "

🥴

Screenshot_20230805_072642_LinkedIn.jpg
Screenshot_20230805_072620_LinkedIn.jpg
Screenshot_20230805_072552_LinkedIn.jpg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 62 users

Frangipani

Regular
This might be something!! Maybe more revenue incoming 🤞

Telit Cinterion, a global enabler of the intelligent edge, announced a strategic relationship with VVDN Technologies, a premier electronics engineering, manufacturing and digital services company, for the mass production of modules, data cards and custom products as part of Telit Cinterion's ongoing execution of its western IoT leadership strategy.

Starting in August, VVDN begins mass production and customer shipments. VVDN operates state-of-the-art facilities in Manesar, Haryana, and Pollachi, Tamil Nadu and is known for their advanced manufacturing capabilities and stringent quality standards.

View attachment 41195

Incidentally, Chris Stevens worked for Telit in 2016… 🤔
It was for eight months only, but these days it is so easy to keep in touch with former colleagues through channels such as LinkedIn…

A3E5E296-E5AF-4154-A4A8-DCD36D871F64.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

JB49

Regular
Something HAS TO BE going on with TEAL and BRN

We are in E-Sim technology somehow......or Rob is just a big ol weirdo...

View attachment 41414 View attachment 41415
I can't remember which podcast it was, but I remember him saying they were working with a telecommunications company. That's the same time he started liking all their linkedin posts

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Some more from a massive company TATA.

Screenshot_20230805-102828_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 63 users

Labsy

Regular
Excuse me Mr Lee Jong-ho, a company called Brainchip already does a neuromorphic chip, in fact has done for some time. I respectfully suggest you save yourself years of research and millions of dollars and give them a call, ask about AKIDA. I think you'll be pleasantly amazed 👍
If they're not collaborating with us already, they'll find out when they get smacked in the head with our IP wall....

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Yes, it feels like the retail sellers have dried up drier than a dead dingo's donga.😁😁
Hey I’m still around..

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Mt09

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Getupthere

Regular

Reactions: 4 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

Gelsinger also highlighted the upcoming introduction of Intel's codenamed Meteor Lake processor, the company's first client CPU to use a multi-chiplet design and a built-in AI accelerator to boost applications like real-time language translation, transcription, and video effects, among other things.

Interestingly, Gelsinger sees AI accelerator integration as the company's new Centrino moment.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
This is two weeks old, but I don't recall having seen this posted here.

The g mac intelligence CEO, posted about us a couple of weeks ago,

This guy is very well connected at Qualcomm............. If Qualcomm have developed their own equivalent technology, or close to it,......... Why would they partner with brain chip instead?

He would be privy to most recent tech advancements that Qualcomm and the industry have to currently offer given the connections he has.

Why Amite Mate?? Why choose Brainchip over Qualcomm?

I know why. Do you?

"Excited to partner with Brainchip, a renowned leader in edge AI computing "

🥴

View attachment 41407 View attachment 41408 View attachment 41409

1691213682701.png

Yes, I did see it come up a few weeks ago and decided to revisit it, and I'm Luvin it!

As AMIT Mate has already mentioned that the QSRBOT247 is running on the AKIDA platform. Then I guess the video on their website is a demonstration of the QSRBOT functionality running on AKIDA, and what strikes me is that McDonalds is used in the example.
I can only assume that there is something going on with Macca's, otherwise why would they use there name as a use case, let alone the copyright/trademark infringement.

Assuming an average of $20/hr, over 24hrs, 365 days/yr to pay the young person at the 24hr drive thru at the Bell St Macca's, the QSRBOT would bring about a $175,000 saving per annum. No brainer for an AKIDA chip at a going price of <$50 plus on going royalties..... :)

And there's about 550,000 fast food outlets worldwide...... :)

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
View attachment 41433

Yes, I did see it come up a few weeks ago and decided to revisit it, and I'm Luvin it!

As AMIT Mate has already mentioned that the QSRBOT247 is running on the AKIDA platform. Then I guess the video on their website is a demonstration of the QSRBOT functionality running on AKIDA, and what strikes me is that McDonalds is used in the example.
I can only assume that there is something going on with Macca's, otherwise why would they use there name as a use case, let alone the copyright/trademark infringement.

Assuming an average of $20/hr, over 24hrs, 365 days/yr to pay the young person at the 24hr drive thru at the Bell St Macca's, the QSRBOT would bring about a $175,000 saving per annum. No brainer for an AKIDA chip at a going price of <$50 plus on going royalties..... :)

And there's about 550,000 fast food outlets worldwide...... :)

How many chips per restaurant I wonder....🤔

Lots is my guess..... 😃

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
Recent Edge Impulse paper from June by the looks at the:

Proceedings of the 6th MLSys Conference,

Paper

HERE

Discussion has a reference to us obviously.

There are a couple of projects outlined that don't specifically mention us but you wonder given the process steps discussed in the paper whether we did get used or not?

IMG_20230805_144117.jpg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
Top Bottom