BRN Discussion Ongoing

ndefries

Regular
So no revenue this 4C?????:cry:
Its hard to know. We know that there was possibly two licenses paid for that we doing know about. If they were purchased close to when the license was needed then royalties could have commenced and be a big surprise.

We also know that Renases said this “Now you have accelerators for driving AI with neural processing units rather than a dual core CPU. We are working with a third party taping out a device in December on 22nm CMOS,” said Chittipeddi who is the Executive Vice President and General Manager of IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit at Renesas Electronics.

If they have tapped this out in December there is a chance in Q2 4C we will see royalties start to flow.

I am not aware of much else that would drive income apart from engineering support, some valeo progress payments, any payment Megachip still owes us or something to do with the Akida 1500 tape out (athough that is still premature). Overall dont have much expectation for Q1 revenue.

Reactions: 11 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Its hard to know. We know that there was possibly two licenses paid for that we doing know about. If they were purchased close to when the license was needed then royalties could have commenced and be a big surprise.

We also know that Renases said this “Now you have accelerators for driving AI with neural processing units rather than a dual core CPU. We are working with a third party taping out a device in December on 22nm CMOS,” said Chittipeddi who is the Executive Vice President and General Manager of IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit at Renesas Electronics.

If they have tapped this out in December there is a chance in Q2 4C we will see royalties start to flow.

I am not aware of much else that would drive income apart from engineering support, some valeo progress payments, any payment Megachip still owes us or something to do with the Akida 1500 tape out (athough that is still premature). Overall dont have much expectation for Q1 revenue.
This is a spot on post imo but I doubt we will see anything in the way of royalties from Renasas yet.

There is also the possibility that someone has signed a license agreement through Renasas or Megachips which does not need to be disclosed to the markets.

I am keeping my expectations low for this though. Reading between the lines of the Akida 2.0 announcement, it seems like there are multiple potential customers that needed tweaks to the first Akida in order to meet their needs. I doubt an agreement has been signed that quickly but there's a possibility.

Zedjack33

Regular
Good morning,

I do self invest with QSuper and have just been notified that Self Invest is closing to new investors as of the 1 July 2023.

Just thinking that this might have something to do the superannuation changes to tax concessions, and tax to be paid on unrealised capital gains that Treasurer Jim Chalmers wants to bring in. Maybe the funds are thinking along the lines that the changes will be to hard to manage with regards to implementing tax paid on unrealised capital gains.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has received any such notification from the super funds with the ceasing of accepting any new members to direct invest within their funds.

Regards
Meetupsoon.
Yup. Received email also.

Reactions: 3 users
Here's a video with Amit Mate from GMAC Intelligence. He discusses use cases for people and object recognition in stores like Amazon, where customers can simply walk in, grab whatever products they want and walk out without paying through a register. All performed on the edge in real time.

Some key points that stand out to me. Apologies if you already posted this info @Bravo , I must have missed it!

"While the consumer experience driven by our technology is simple, there’s a great amount of complexity behind the scenes. The experience is facilitated by state-of-the-art computer vision (CV), sensor fusion, and deep learning algorithms made possible by several pieces of hardware and a system of in-store and cloud microservices that we’ve designed."

What hardware powers the Just Walk Out technology shopping experience?

"Once consumers enter the store, our technology relies on in-house-designed cameras to identify what products consumers take off or put back on the shelves. Each of our cameras has high resolution and a wide field of view, allowing us to install the fewest number of cameras possible. The reduced number of cameras makes the technology cost effective. We run CV algorithms directly on the camera to process data locally to reduce the bandwidth needed to send data to other devices or to the cloud. To provide security, our cameras also incorporate hardware-backed security capabilities and end-to-end encryption of data both locally and while being sent between our services."

Bringing the power of the cloud to the store

"While Amazon Web Services (AWS) helps us to elastically scale our resources to process data, stores can be a long distance from a data center, and there can often be a large amount of data to process. Our initial prototypes and installations in our own store formats started with all of our processing done in the cloud. As we scaled to different locations and larger store formats, we quickly needed to iterate on an architecture to allow us to run our algorithms where it makes the most sense—either in the cloud with elastic compute or in the store where the data is.

To manage these bandwidth issues, we built an edge computing architecture to process sensor data and compute receipts locally without going back and forth to the cloud
. Placing compute close to our data helps us to improve reliability by sending less data over the internet.

Ultimately, all our cameras, sensors, and scanners create a significant amount of data to process. To make the whole system more robust, the data streams are processed as independently as possible, resulting in a highly concurrent and asynchronous architecture."

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

VictorG

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
D

Deleted member 118

May be missing FF for last 2 days!!
Likes to vanish a few weeks before the quarter release. Don’t really blame him with the crap that gets posted now until release.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
May be missing FF for last 2 days!!
Well @cosors will be cock-a-hoop - there was an announcement that Talga was granted its mining permit in Sweden, which was contested by the reindeer herders.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Dhm

Regular
Short and beautiful, be sure to read the comments as well.

To coat tail on this, the comments are great! Go @chapman89 !!
Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 6.57.45 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 6.58.09 pm.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 68 users

manny100

Regular
This is a spot on post imo but I doubt we will see anything in the way of royalties from Renasas yet.

There is also the possibility that someone has signed a license agreement through Renasas or Megachips which does not need to be disclosed to the markets.

I am keeping my expectations low for this though. Reading between the lines of the Akida 2.0 announcement, it seems like there are multiple potential customers that needed tweaks to the first Akida in order to meet their needs. I doubt an agreement has been signed that quickly but there's a possibility.
I guess the key to the Renasas deal is who did the Tape out the Chip for???
Was it produced for BRN to warehouse and sell?
Did Renasas produce for themselves to sell?
Were the Chips produced for a genuine 3rd party who have clients to sell to? They would not get Renasas to Tape the Chip out on a 'wing and a prayer'. They would have done their research and have clients to sell to.
So i guess depending on who the chips were for is the key to revenue this quarter. It might not be much but it would be a start.
One thing is a certainty - the Chips would not have been Taped out for the office Rubbish bin.

• Love
Reactions: 22 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Data from Mercedes-Benz vehicles will soon be used to help improve road maintenance, and thereby road safety, in #Sweden.

Mercedes-Benz Sweden recently signed an agreement with Trafikverket, the Swedish Transport Administration, to provide anonymised data from connected cars to collect information about damage to road surfaces. Trafikverket aims to assess the benefits of this data for monitoring pavement quality, in particular, to obtain more frequent, complete, and digital information about the road surface.

Up to 350 different sensors available on our cars will deliver three different data products. Surface Events measures the condition of the surface in terms of potholes and cracks and how these develop over time. Waviness measures the waviness of the surface over longer segments and Hazard Warning sends information on localised temporary problems such as fog, slippery roads, rain or stationary vehicles.

As well as being anonymised, this data is only sent from those cars whose owners have opted-in to data sharing via the Mercedes me app.

Congratulations to Mercedes-Benz Sverige and Mercedes-Benz Connectivity Services GmbH, who worked with Mercedes-Benz AG to secure this important project.

It is another example of how strategic collaboration in the intelligent use of data can deliver benefits not just to Mercedes-Benz customers but to the wider public.

#MercedesBenz #FutureOfMobility #LeadInCarSoftware

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 32 users

The Pope

Regular
Likes to vanish a few weeks before the quarter release. Don’t really blame him with the crap that gets posted now until release.

Doesn’t vanish but lurks around reading posts. Lasted seen on Tse

1680688122299.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Doesn’t vanish but lurks around reading posts. Lasted seen on Tse

View attachment 33703
Hardly seems fair using your divine powers to rat him out. 🤣
Perhaps he needs to buy an indulgence or two? Hmmmm? 🤣
As I understand it this was the first recorded usage of our much beloved......."AKIDA BALLISTA"

Luther-posting-95-theses-560x366.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

The Pope

Regular
Question time. Other than me and and one other I know, how many from TSE are going to attend this years BRN AGM in Sydney on Tuesday 23rd May @11am?
I don’t know how to do a poll via this forum so just hit like.

• Sad
Reactions: 16 users

Steve10

Regular
Three Major Technologies Transforming The Industrial Automation Market - By The Business Research Company

The Business Research Company's global market reports are now updated with the latest market sizing information for the year 2023 and forecasted to 2032

LONDON, April 5, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- As per The Business Research Company's Industrial Automation Global Market Report 2023, the global industrial automation market size will grow from $177.2 billion in 2022 to $190.9 billion in 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of more than 7%. The factory automation market size is then expected to grow to $256.7 billion in 2027 at a CAGR of more than 7%. Going forward, increasing adoption of IoT, rising healthcare expenditure, rising demand from agriculture industry and increase in passenger air traffic will drive the industrial automation market growth.

The industrial automation market is fairy fragmented, with a large number of players. Siemens AG was the largest competitor with 4.1% industrial automation market share, followed by ABB Ltd., Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Schneider Electric, Fanuc Corporation, Omron Corporation, Emerson Electric Co., Rockwell Automation, Inc., Yaskawa Electric Corporation, and General Electric.

Learn More On The Industrial Automation Market Report – https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/sample.aspx?id=6254&type=smp

The industrial automation market forecast identifies the following top three technologies companies in the industrial automation market should adopt to stay relevant in the market:

1. Implementation of AI In Industrial Automation

The implementation of AI (artificial intelligence) in industrial automation is a key trend in the industrial automation market. Artificial Intelligence (AI) involves robots performing complex human tasks. Robots are capable of doing recurring activities, designing the production model, rising competence, building automation solutions, eradicating human error and delivering superior levels of quality assurance.

2. Edge And Cloud Computing for Industrial Automation

Edge computing represents a major technological advancement in the industrial automation market. Edge computing is driven by the need for real-time data processing and low-latency communication in industrial settings. Edge computing performs real-time monitoring and machinery control, while cloud computing powers data analytics, storage and access.

3. 5G in Industrial Automation

Companies in the industrial automation market are focusing on the use of 5G technology in industrial automation. 5G is expected to make the Internet of Things (IoT) a reality for many industries, including industrial automation and manufacturing. 5G has the potential to revolutionize industrial automation by powering the networking capabilities of its various elements. Low-latency wireless communications will make it easier to monitor machines in real-time, giving industry leaders more information and better control of their facilities.

Request A Free Sample Of The Industrial Automation Market Report – https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/report/industrial-automation-global-market-report

Asia Pacific was the largest region in the industrial automation market, accounting for 40.9% of the total in 2022. It was followed by North America, and then the other regions. Going forward, the fastest-growing regions in the industrial automation market will be South America, and, Middle East.

According to the industrial automation outlook, player-adopted strategies in the industrial automation market include expanding product portfolio through strategic acquisitions, launching compact robotic solutions, strengthening operational capabilities and focusing on strategic collaborations.

For instance, In January 2023, Galco Industrial Electronics, Inc. (Galco), a US-based distributor of over one million products from over 150 brands, which specializes in Industrial Electrical and Electronic automation, control and component solutions, announced it has acquired Zesco, Inc., for an undisclosed amount. The acquisition of Zesco further positions Galco as a global leader in the industrial automation and motion control industry. Zesco Inc. is a US-based automation solutions provider specializing in drives, motion control and automation, founded in 1970.

D

Deleted member 118

Question time. Other than me and and one other I know, how many from TSE are going to attend this years BRN AGM in Sydney on Tuesday 23rd May @11am?
Having my own party with @VictorG in Brisbane

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
I'll be there to kiss your ring! 🤣
How will I recognise you?
Will you be wearing your halo? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

rgupta

Regular

Data from Mercedes-Benz vehicles will soon be used to help improve road maintenance, and thereby road safety, in #Sweden.

Mercedes-Benz Sweden recently signed an agreement with Trafikverket, the Swedish Transport Administration, to provide anonymised data from connected cars to collect information about damage to road surfaces. Trafikverket aims to assess the benefits of this data for monitoring pavement quality, in particular, to obtain more frequent, complete, and digital information about the road surface.

Up to 350 different sensors available on our cars will deliver three different data products. Surface Events measures the condition of the surface in terms of potholes and cracks and how these develop over time. Waviness measures the waviness of the surface over longer segments and Hazard Warning sends information on localised temporary problems such as fog, slippery roads, rain or stationary vehicles.

As well as being anonymised, this data is only sent from those cars whose owners have opted-in to data sharing via the Mercedes me app.

Congratulations to Mercedes-Benz Sverige and Mercedes-Benz Connectivity Services GmbH, who worked with Mercedes-Benz AG to secure this important project.

It is another example of how strategic collaboration in the intelligent use of data can deliver benefits not just to Mercedes-Benz customers but to the wider public.

#MercedesBenz #FutureOfMobility #LeadInCarSoftware
That is real beneficial ai

Reactions: 1 users

The Pope

Regular
I'll be there to kiss your ring! 🤣
How will I recognise you?
Will you be wearing your halo? 🤣
I will have my usual gear on like the below and geeing up the investors before Sean and co walk in to deliver their news. Hopefully only all good news. So shouldn’t stand out at all.
Video Games Clap GIF by Call of Duty League

After the AGM I will have a confessional booth set up to the side for BRN management or anyone else who attend to confess anything or get things off their chest. Maybe chat about NDA’s but unfortunately I will not be able to tell anyone. Lol

1680690273782.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
Top Bottom