BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Dr. Brad Aimone of Sandia National Labs explains why ChatGPT needs neuromorphic computing to create sustainable AI.

YouTube · INC Lab · 5 days ago

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 1.21.03 pm.png

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
I was just thinking we know human brain is the smartest on this planet. But can we say with confidence that human is the smartest vision.
I assume all birds have better eyes than humans. Dragon fly eyes are 50000 times smarter than humans.
But on the other hand they don't have that smart brain. Does it mean they cannot process all the information they get or there is much less brain is required to get a fully functional eye.
I assume 2 million spikes may be less for human brain but could be sufficient for a dragon fly. Which means to make a best vision system we may require much less than what we think.
Dyor
Each of the various eyes mentioned above have evolved to efficiently perceive and transmit relevant data along side brains that “see and process“ what is most advantageous to its owner. So in most cases I imagine that mainly concentrates on threats, prey and whatever passes for sexual availability amongst its likely partners.
What is classified as “smart” will similarly be determined as to what is “intelligent” in AI by its ability to succeed in whatever processes it is tasked to perform. That which is most efficient in terms of energy consumption, ability, proficiency, universal applicability and resource utilisation amongst other attributes is most likely to succeed in the long term.
AKIDA BALLISTA
AKIDA EVERYWHERE

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
The amount of jobs listed recruiting for neuromorphic research has been going gangbusters. No direct mention of Brainchip but we know USAF have at the very least used us in AFRL radar projects.

Announcements would be nice but I feel confident we are going to have overwhelming success in the coming years. Neuromorphic AI is well known at this point by those customers who matter. It’s now just a matter of the research being done to see how a revolutionary emerging technology can solve specific problems. And Brainchip fortunately have the money in the bank giving them the privelige of time.

RESEARCH SCIENTIST - SR. RESEARCH SCIENTIST - STRATEGIC AEROSPACE​

Who We Are:
The Strategic Aerospace Department in the Defense & Intelligence Solutions Division provides the USAF with engineering services that increases the warfighters capabilities specifically for the bombers, tankers and heavies platforms.
Objectives of this Role:
Create Physics-based algorithms/models.
Support the Department's research in the areas of AI as applied to Systems and or UAS/Avionics subsystems.
Hardware and Software.
Support research in the areas of AI as applied to Systems and or UAS/Avionics subsystems.
Perform Literature reviews.
Write code.
Python and C+
based.
Perform Experimentation and Data Science.
Write proposals, articles, and attend conferences.
Daily and Monthly
Responsibilities:
Develop Solutions for AI systems and embedded Avionics systems and subsystems.
Develop Solutions for neuromorphic systems and or Drones (UAS/UAV) AI/ML sensor fusion.
Develop Solutions for Aircraft AI/ML sensor fusion.
Review AI/ML algorithms to verify/validate design requirements.
Integrate with a multidisciplinary engineering team to develop AI related hardware.
Perform Data Science duties.
Requirements:
Requires a Bachelors in mathematics, physics, chemistry, or related
MS or PhD in Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning/Data Science/Science/Chemistry/Physics/Neuromorphics/UAS is preferred
3 years:
Artificial Intelligence graduate type degrees and or certificates preferred focusing on UAS, Avionics, AI, and or ML (from both a HW and SW perspective)
Machine Learning as applied to Data Science and technology
Developing AI and other software in Python, Tensor Flow, Keras, PyTorch
Developing software code in C++
A valid/clear driver's license is requiredEstimated Salary: $20 to $28 per hour based on qualifications.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

rgupta

Regular
Each of the various eyes mentioned above have evolved to efficiently perceive and transmit relevant data along side brains that “see and process“ what is most advantageous to its owner. So in most cases I imagine that mainly concentrates on threats, prey and whatever passes for sexual availability amongst its likely partners.
What is classified as “smart” will similarly be determined as to what is “intelligent” in AI by its ability to succeed in whatever processes it is tasked to perform. That which is most efficient in terms of energy consumption, ability, proficiency, universal applicability and resource utilisation amongst other attributes is most likely to succeed in the long term.
AKIDA BALLISTA
AKIDA EVERYWHERE
That is right. So idea on thinking is we are comparing things with requirements of human brain but the actual requirement may be way less than that to fulfill a task.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users

skutza

Regular
Sorry forum I just got dreadbotted for the first time 🫨 I'll keep it clearly on topic from now on 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

RobjHunt

Regular
Looking like the last half hour maybe quite interesting. They're trying their hardest to hold us back!

Pantene Peeps!

Reactions: 7 users

GDJR69

Regular
Are we expecting any income in the next 4C?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Damo4

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
yeah sure

I'm sure all of us are expecting more revenue in our upcoming 4C, but sometimes, expectation vs reality...

IMG-20180929-WA0002.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Reactions: 5 users

Tezza

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users
D

Deleted member 118

Wait! I found something!!!!

This was published online 2 hours ago.

You can't have a truly intelligent Connected Intelligent Edge IMO without AKIDA so I don't know what to think.

Qualcomm flaunts its ability in AI and Connected Intelligent Edge

SOCIAL BUZZ

Qualcomm flaunts its ability in AI and Connected Intelligent EdgeSource: Shutterstock

Qualcomm flaunts its ability in AI and Connected Intelligent Edge​

By Dashveenjit Kaur | 3 April, 2023

• A few months after Qualcomm shared how the company is driving the emergence of the Connected Intelligent Edge, the US chip designer shared further updates in a media briefing in Kuala Lumpur.
Back at Qualcomm Investor Day in 2021, President and CEO Cristiano Amon shared how the company is leading the realization of the “connected intelligent edge,” where the convergence of wireless connectivity, efficient computing, and distributed AI will power devices and experiences. “We are working to enable a world where everyone and everything is intelligently connected,” Amon said.
He meant that Qualcomm’s mobile heritage and DNA put the company in “an incredible position to provide high-performance, low-power computing, on-device intelligence, all wireless technologies, and leadership across AI processing and connectivity and camera graphics and sensors.” For Qualcomm, Amon sees this as an opportunity to engage a US$700 billion addressable market in the next decade.

Several Android phone makers are collaborating with Qualcomm to enable satellite text messaging Image: The launch of the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 powered Xiaomi 13 Series Source: Qualcomm's Twitter's Twitter

ANDROID PHONE MAKERS AND QUALCOMM COLLABORATE TO ENABLE SATELLITE TEXT MESSAGING

Dashveenjit Kaur | 1 March, 2023

Fast forward to today, Qualcomm, as part of its ongoing campaign, “The Edge of Possible,” highlighted the significance of driving edge computing innovations to transform industries, power new consumer experiences, and fuel the growth of the digital economy. In a media briefing held in Kuala Lumpur on March 29, Qualcomm shared its progress in the space.

Connected Intelligent Edge with Qualcomm

For starters, the Connected Intelligent Edge, according to Qualcomm, is the convergence of 5G networks, edge computing, and AI. “This integration allows data to be processed and analyzed in real time, allowing faster decision-making and response times. As a result, various industries, including manufacturing, transportation, and security, can use this technology,” said Alicia Lim, head of marketing for Qualcomm Southeast Asia.
In terms of sector, for instance, Connected Intelligent Edge devices monitor patients in real-time, like tracking a patient’s vital signs, such as blood pressure and heart rate, and send the information to healthcare providers in real-time. This method allows medical professionals to identify issues and take appropriate action quickly.
In transportation, Connected Intelligent Edge devices are used to make vehicles safer and more efficient. “For example, sensors placed throughout a car can monitor its performance and provide real-time data to the driver, alerting them to any issues. The information can help prevent accidents and improve fuel efficiency, reducing costs and environmental impact,” Lim told the press during the briefing.

From a client’s perspective, Malaysia’s telco provider YTL Communications shared how Qualcomm’s Connected Intelligent Edge devices have helped the company maintain a seamless operation. “We are fortunate to have been given early access to a Connected Intelligent Edge device known as the AI Box by Qualcomm to be deployed in our building,” CEO Wing K Lee shared.
The AI Box is an intelligent edge device that supports traditional IP camera video streams to be offloaded and processed via the box — powered by system-on-chip (SOC) designed for high computing and high concurrency of machine learning-based analytics across multiple camera streams.
“With the AI box, we have applied localized processing intelligence from an analytics standpoint. The AI Box approach is aligned with the industry’s shift from video management software (VMS) to Video software as a service (VsaaS) implementation, enabling us to optimize our operations,” Lee noted.
Separately, Lim also shared how Qualcomm and Microsoft collaborated on Snapdragon to enable these new AI-accelerated experiences for Windows 11 — without impacting performance and power efficiency. “Instead, Snapdragon intelligently offloads these computationally intensive tasks to a dedicated AI engine, which frees up the CPU and GPU resources,” she said.
To top it off, adding on-device AI processing to powerful CPU and GPU capabilities adds the ability to offload compute-intensive processes. “As a result, performance is dramatically increased, delivering a higher user experience. Snapdragon computes platforms offer AI-accelerated user experiences to reach a new level of mobile computing performance,” Lim shared.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

FJ-215

Regular
We are all waiting for the companies CFO to release information confirming that LDA Capital have deposited
"our funds into our account".

It was announced when we entered into the last of our obligations back in January, so I expect confirmation that it's
all been closed successfully...before the middle of April 2023.

Tech :unsure:
G'day Tech,

Don't forget, LDA can subscribe for an additional 10 million shares. Unless there is some major news to come, my guess is that neither LDA or BRN would bother due to the SP being where it is.

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Mccabe84

Regular
Sp will be in trouble if there is none
Im not to sure about that, share price is low due to the shorting and LDA selling shares. If it does drop I’ll just buy more 😁

• Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Tezza

Regular
Im not to sure about that, share price is low due to the shorting and LDA selling shares. If it does drop I’ll just buy more 😁
All I meant was the shorter will attack harder if no revenue this 4c won't alter my plan.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 27 users
I’ll probably get the left field post of the day with this one

Anyone come across Open Robotics or Turtlebot3 before?

Could just be a student project?

View attachment 33549

View attachment 33551

View attachment 33552

From ChatGPT so needs further verification

View attachment 33553
View attachment 33554

View attachment 33555

Nice mate.

I see our French Snr Software Engineering Mgr is also ex ICAM...if one and the same place?

Screenshot_2023-04-03-19-08-43-85_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
Screenshot_2023-04-03-19-09-01-52_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
Screenshot_2023-04-03-19-09-21-75_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users
Top Bottom