BRN Discussion Ongoing

Couldn't help myself..

Go to ARM interview at 1hr 29-30mins.. Seriously how can you not get excited when you watch this?
Good listen from about the 1hr29min to 1hr40min mark. This guy works for Texas Instruments.

Some of the things he talks about sounds a lot like what Akida can achieve. Not sure if there's enough detail there to suggest TI are working with Brainchip but the guy is very upbeat about the Tech World moving towards the Far Edge.

The TI guy mentions the demos on display are for industrial and food purposes.

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Diogenese

Top 20
The one thing that Cerence + Smart Eye + Mercedes all have in common is NVIDIA DRIVE IX.
  • Nvidia worked with Mercedes-Benz on MBUX Hyperscreen.
  • And there are the vehicles running Nvidia-powered Cerence Look using eye-tracking from Smart Eye, such as the Mercedes-Benz EQS.
  • #25,287
  • The article (link) below states:
    • "Using NVIDIA GPU technology, Smart Eye has been able to speed up its cabin-monitoring system — which consists of 10 deep neural networks running in parallel — by more than 10x"
    • "In-vehicle technology companies Cerence, Smart Eye, Rightware and DSP Concepts are now using the platform to deliver intelligent features for every vehicle occupant."
View attachment 32430

Confused? So am I, but there's a reason why it has been suggested that NVDIA are more like a partner to us, than a competitor.

Someone posted this yesterday:

Mercedes MB.OS
Designing our own chip-to-cloud architecture as a car manufacturer? Yes, please!
Magnus Östberg Chief Software Officer at Mercedes-Benz AG March 15, 2023

(18) Designing our own chip-to-cloud architecture as a car manufacturer? Yes, please! | LinkedIn

The link says:
We maintain three chip categories, including custom high-performance system-on-chip (SoC), mid-level MB.OS base layer microcontrollers, and low-spec chips supporting industry standards. This enables independent strategies at the chip level, including our custom automated driving technology, enhanced UI/UX and wireless connectivity, all the way down to standardized interconnectivity, like USB controllers.
Fast software is enabled by our state-of-the-art SoC microcontrollers, which target a high ratio of performance to efficiency. Through standardization of important infrastructure components we can cover more than 90% of our MB.OS architecture with chips from a small number of suppliers, with tailored strategies for each based on future application requirements and learnings from the chip crisis.

Our keys to success at scale will include direct, long-term sourcing and increased in-house development

parts of MB.OS, like our Infotainment system MBUX. However, we also collaborate with partners to employ hyperscaler solutions including Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS, complemented by partnerships with Google GCP in western regions and Tencent in China

A core feature of MB.OS is lifetime learning powered by data. As our systems become even more data driven, they will be able to learn on the road, taking advantage of our best-in-class sensor setup across the entire customer fleet. Our vehicles can collect up to 300 petabytes of data every year to further train our neural networks.

Our advanced in-vehicle machine learning algorithms automatically chooses the data that is most useful for improving our software stack, whether it is creating or updating an HD map or improving our perception algorithms. This means our next-generation automated driving system will continue to improve throughout its life in customer hands.

We are working on new driving and parking functions that can understand and manage infrastructure changes, including new traffic signals or road layouts. They will be able to adapt to diverse geographies around the world, and continually improve their performance via AI to learn safer, human-like driving behavior.

Partnering with industry leader NVIDIA to develop a revolutionary in-vehicle computing and software architecture enables advanced autonomous driving, with complete computing and AI infrastructure to support it. We’re building this full-stack platform jointly, including the operating system, middleware, and all the algorithms to enable advanced autonomy in all sorts of different scenarios.

Mercedes have 3 flavours of chips:

custom high-performance system-on-chip (SoC);
mid-level MB.OS base layer microcontrollers; and
low-spec chips supporting industry standards.

Mercedes are standardizing their component inventory:

"Through standardization of important infrastructure components we can cover more than 90% of our MB.OS architecture with chips from a small number of suppliers"

When your on a good NN, stick with it!

Mercedes are partnering with Nvidia:

"Partnering with industry leader NVIDIA to develop a revolutionary in-vehicle computing and software architecture enables advanced autonomous driving, with complete computing and AI infrastructure to support it."

Is Nvidia our friend?

Does Nvidia have a NN friend?

We are friends with Valeo.

Valeo is doing the Mercedes Level 3 LiDaR, but they are being supplanted by Luminar for the next round.

Luminar and NN? Not so squeezy.

Will Mercedes have to throw out a warehouse full of Valeo/Akida LiDaRs?

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users
Hello Cayman Islands ,where have you been all my life 🙃
Got room for 1 more?
That's what I've been thinking dude 😛👍

We might have to find more liberal places to live..

If something like that were to happen though, you'ld think there would have to be an exemption date on shares and property bought before a certain date?..

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
The one thing that Cerence + Smart Eye + Mercedes all have in common is NVIDIA DRIVE IX.
  • Nvidia worked with Mercedes-Benz on MBUX Hyperscreen.
  • And there are the vehicles running Nvidia-powered Cerence Look using eye-tracking from Smart Eye, such as the Mercedes-Benz EQS.
  • #25,287
  • The article (link) below states:
    • "Using NVIDIA GPU technology, Smart Eye has been able to speed up its cabin-monitoring system — which consists of 10 deep neural networks running in parallel — by more than 10x"
    • "In-vehicle technology companies Cerence, Smart Eye, Rightware and DSP Concepts are now using the platform to deliver intelligent features for every vehicle occupant."
View attachment 32430

Confused? So am I, but there's a reason why it has been suggested that NVDIA are more like a partner to us, than a competitor.

Just remember Rob Telson did not say Nvidia “are” a partner he was talking future tense.

Otherwise I don’t disagree with your many posts about Cerence, Nvidia etc;

I do think it can be simplified if as 99.9% of genuine Brainchip shareholders now believe AKIDA technology is being integrated for Spiking Neural Network processing by Mercedes Benz in partnership with Brainchip.

Logically a Mercedes Benz passenger vehicle is like a bucket of water. If I pour in red, blue, green, orange and purple dyes they will be mixed together to create one cohesive coloured liquid.

So if your take the same Mercedes Benz passenger vehicle and pour into the bucket Samsung, Nvidia, Cerence, Nviso, Valeo, Brembo, Bosch and Brainchip they are all going to be mixed together into one cohesive electronic unit.

In other words they all have to work together to achieve this and they need to become compatible one with the other and this cannot be achieved in isolation.

The only question remaining in my opinion is which of the companies in the Mercedes Benz bucket having established compatibility with Brainchip’s AKIDA technology solutions will say ‘Hey Brainee how about we catch up for a drink at my place after we finish working here and I will show you my IP library.’

Rob Telson has hinted at Nvidia rubbing his leg under the desk giving every indication of being interested in a future meeting and possible partnership.

Valeo is an old flame who has become a friend with benefits.

Prophesee is a passionate suitor.

Nviso is a star struck geek who will do anything for a kind word.

Bosch is standing back because AKIDA is its best mates girlfriend and remains unsure of when to make a move.

Samsung swore off relationships years ago and is tempted and standing strong but for how long?

Brembo is being Brembo and has applied the brakes on a serious relationship until their comparability is fully proven outside the laboratory.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 61 users
Hello Cayman Islands ,where have you been all my life 🙃
Got room for 1 more?
This will be me.
Only 100k USD investment and become a Panamanian resident in 30 days 👍

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Mugen74

Regular

If something like that were to happen though, you'ld think there would have to be an exemption date on shares and property bought before a certain date?..
If not AA and JC will be looking for a new goverment vehicles
popes.jpeg-6.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!

That was the case when they enacted the capital gains tax.
It wasn’t retrospective.
Neither is the proposed increase to 30% (up from the current 15%) on earnings on amounts of 3 million + held in super.
And, they are seeking a mandate before imposing it.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

The Pope

Regular
Reactions: 2 users

Bigal7425

Regular
That was the case when they enacted the capital gains tax.
It wasn’t retrospective.
Neither is the proposed increase to 30% (up from the current 15%) on earnings on amounts of 3 million + held in super.
And, they are seeking a mandate before imposing it.
I imagine it would be next to impossible to impose anyway. In Tassie, they wanted to try and tax gambling due to David Walsh (Mona museum) because he won so much money. Of course, it has to go both ways. If you're paying tax on the way up, are you claiming losses when things decrease? Surely any gain would have to be materialised to be taxed?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Someone hates the idea of Labor getting a second term and guess who that is? Labor.

Everyone who votes in this country has shares and property or has a close relative who does from whom they hope to one day inherit the property or shares.

Take the demutualised NRMA a huge number of those members who received shares in IAG apparently still hold them. Telstra is another one. There are many examples this idea will cause Labor to be thrown out at the next election.

Just look at what their proposal to remove franking credits for superannuation fund members did and this was a much smaller class of voters or so they thought until their families became outraged as well.

If they want more tax they need to go after the corporate sector simple not shoot ordinary Australians because their easy targets.

As alluded to the super rich will use tax havens. How many Australian companies will head off shore and list elsewhere so wealthy shareholders can change their domicile and ignore the ATO. I bet Atlassian will decide that the US is where it’s eggs should all be.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Last edited:

Easytiger

Regular
This sounds like a confluence of opportunities:

"They had been out talking to customers for a year or two already, had had significant customer engagements, and these customers were starting to get to the point of actually wanting to do actual designs with these products."

"They" being BrainChip and Quadric had engagements with customers who were wanting to create designs in silicon, and MegaChips fits the bill.

https://brainchip.com/brainchip-partners-megachips-develop-next-generation-ai-solutions/

BrainChip Partners with MegaChips to Develop Next-Generation Edge-Based AI Solutions​

Laguna Hills, Calif. – November 21, 2021 BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN), (OTCQX: BCHPY) a leading provider of ultra-low power high performance artificial intelligence technology and the world’s first commercial producer of neuromorphic AI chips and IP, today announced that MegaChips, a pioneer in the ASIC industry, has licensed BrainChip Akida™ IP to enhance and grow its technology positioning for next-generation, Edge-based AI solutions.

A multibillion-dollar global fabless semiconductor company based in Japan, MegaChips provides chip solutions that fulfill various requirements, including low power consumption, cost and time to market, while achieving breakthrough functions and performance by fusing knowledge of Large Scale Integrations and applications for problems in device development. By partnering with BrainChip, MegaChips is able to quickly and easily maintain its industry innovator status by supplying solutions and applications that leverage the Akida revolutionary technology in markets such as automotive, IoT, cameras, gaming and industrial robotics.

“As a trusted and loyal partner to market leaders, we deliver the technology and expertise they need to ensure products are uniquely designed for their customers and engineered for ultimate performance,” said Tetsuo Hikawa, President and CEO of MegaChips. “Working with BrainChip and incorporating their Akida technology into our ASIC solutions service, we are better able to handle the development and support processes needed to design and manufacture integrated circuits and systems on chips that can take advantage of AI at the Edge.”

BrainChip’s Akida technology brings artificial intelligence to the edge in a way that existing technologies are not capable. The solution is high-performance, small, ultra-low power and enables a wide array of edge capabilities. Due to its flexibility and scalability, the Akida (NSoC) and intellectual property can be used in applications including Smart Home, Smart Health, Smart City and Smart Transportation. These applications include but are not limited to home automation and remote controls, industrial IoT, robotics, security cameras, sensors, unmanned aircraft, autonomous vehicles, medical instruments, object detection, sound detection, odor and taste detection, gesture control and cybersecurity.

“The MegaChips and BrainChip partnership furthers both company’s missions to push boundaries and offer unprecedented products,” said Rob Telson, BrainChip VP of Worldwide Sales and Marketing. “By providing Akida’s on-chip learning and ultra-low power Edge AI capabilities as an integrated technology in MegaChips’ ASIC solutions, we are able to deliver a cascading array of benefits to cutting-edge products that not only ensure power efficiency without compromising outcomes but can run autonomously for incremental learning without the need to go back and forth to the cloud. This is an exciting collaboration from both a business perspective as well as from an industry-altering aspect
.”

So this is a symbiotic relationship:

BrainChip has the Akida IP,
BrainChip has customers wanting to incorporate Akida IP into their products,
MegaChips has expertise in LSI ASIC chip production,
MegaChips takes a licence to incorporate Akida IP into ASICs,
BrainChip refers customers to MegaChips to produce ASICs including Akida IP for the customers,
MegaChips produces ASICs including Akida IP for BrainChip customers,
MegaChips pays royalties to BrainChip for the ASICs produced including Akida IP.

The last year or so has not been conducive to expansion in the semiconductor industry (government subsidies aside), but the MegaChips statement cited by @stuart888 shows that there is a backlog of chips to be produced and that it has been over 12 months in the pipeline. I suggest you stand away from the end of the pipe.
Drinking from the firehose

• Haha

Diogenese

Top 20
Just remember Rob Telson did not say Nvidia “are” a partner he was talking future tense.

I do think it can be simplified if as 99.9% of genuine Brainchip shareholders now believe AKIDA technology is being integrated for Spiking Neural Network processing by Mercedes Benz in partnership with Brainchip.

Logically a Mercedes Benz passenger vehicle is like a bucket of water. If I pour in red, blue, green, orange and purple dyes they will be mixed together to create one cohesive coloured liquid.

So if your take the same Mercedes Benz passenger vehicle and pour into the bucket Samsung, Nvidia, Cerence, Nviso, Valeo, Brembo, Bosch and Brainchip they are all going to be mixed together into one cohesive electronic unit.

In other words they all have to work together to achieve this and they need to become compatible one with the other and this cannot be achieved in isolation.

The only question remaining in my opinion is which of the companies in the Mercedes Benz bucket having established compatibility with Brainchip’s AKIDA technology solutions will say ‘Hey Brainee how about we catch up for a drink at my place after we finish working here and I will show you my IP library.’

Rob Telson has hinted at Nvidia rubbing his leg under the desk giving every indication of being interested in a future meeting and possible partnership.

Bosch is standing back because AKIDA is its best mates girlfriend and remains unsure of when to make a move.

Samsung swore off relationships years ago and is tempted and standing strong but for how long?

Brembo is being Brembo and has applied the brakes on a serious relationship until their comparability is fully proven outside the laboratory.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...65247C2722AE0EAD0E0665&FORM=VDRVRV&ajaxhist=0

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

TechGirl

Founding Member

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Meanwhile MegaChips, Renesas & BrainChip are all in a committed long-term relationship & as you can clearly see, they all seem to be enjoying each other's company....

Threesome GIF

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Meanwhile MegaChips, Renesas & BrainChip are all in a committed long-term relationship & as you can clearly see, they all seem to be enjoying each other's company....

Threesome GIF
Never seen that before. Holy snapping arseholes, that was fantastic!!! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 25 users
D

Deleted member 2799

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Yeah… would you drink a pina colada without coconut cream?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

somme

D

Deleted member 118

D337AACB-125A-4E8F-8C49-11435B03B66D.png

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon Chippers,

Quadruple Witching day??

See that order , sell, drop straight into the market at close.

Sell 9,069,044 units ASX.

Let the games ensue.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users

GDJR69

Regular

The Henry Review said collecting tax only on "realisation" (when assets were sold) rather than "accrual" (as they grew in value) encouraged investors to hold on to shares and property to delay paying tax — a response it called "lock-in".

This is pretty sucky for us, as this article is saying we could have to pay capital gains tax, on the increase in "value" of shares and property..

It will certainly be a bit of a leveler..

So if BrainChip has a breakout year, due to traction in revenue, NASDAQ listing, multiple IP deals etc, for that tax year.

Then you will have to pay Capital Gains tax, for that year, regardless of whether you sold shares.

In our case, these gains could be substantial and the only way to pay, will be by selling shares or other assets.

The tax man sucks eggs..
This is an absolutely unworkable proposal - I don't believe this is politically possible and would be an electoral disaster for the ALP in my opinion (Shorten lost an election running with not dissimilar policies - I'm really disappointed to see this Govt is just the old Shorten platform in disguise - if they really want to increase revenue go and tax big business and stop crucifying the middle class). T

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom