BRN Discussion Ongoing

BaconLover

Founding Member
Screenshot 2023-03-12 1351381.png

As of 27/01/2023, I can see Citicorp nominees having 1 account at the top, above PVDM.

We used to have Robert Mitro, and his family with approximately 140 million shares up until 2 years ago, and when that disappeared, Citicorp appeared at the top.
Screenshot 2023-03-12 1408461.png

My assumption was that then Mitro family created that nominee account to park all their shares in one place.
Hence I believe LDN did sell some, from what I can see on paper looking at the numbers with no assumptions involved.
May be he has created another nominee account, but we don't know if he has or not.

Does not really matter either way, even our Founders have sold shares for a variety of reasons, so LDN is quite within his rights to do whatever he did.

My opinion only, dyor.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users
D

Deleted member 118

Interesting job opening and company

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Earlyrelease

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 21 users
View attachment 31917

As of 27/01/2023, I can see Citicorp nominees having 1 account at the top, above PVDM.

We used to have Robert Mitro, and his family with approximately 140 million shares up until 2 years ago, and when that disappeared, Citicorp appeared at the top.
View attachment 31918

My assumption was that then Mitro family created that nominee account to park all their shares in one place.
Hence I believe LDN did sell some, from what I can see on paper looking at the numbers with no assumptions involved.
May be he has created another nominee account, but we don't know if he has or not.

Does not really matter either way, even our Founders have sold shares for a variety of reasons, so LDN is quite within his rights to do whatever he did.

My opinion only, dyor.
The Robert Mitro family moved their shares into the HSBC Nominee Accounts. This was confirmed by a HC poster named Dolci via her broker and by a direct enquiry of Brainchip as well as by a number of other holders at the time.

I also made a direct enquiry of Brainchip when Citicorp Nominees first appeared and was informed the best information they had was that it was a number of different individual accounts.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
Interesting job opening and company

Sandia have been working with Intel Loihi 1 & 2 for many years. There has been no information to suggest they have embraced Brainchip or AKIDA. The last paper published here related to Sandia proving that Loihi could actually do maths more efficiently than traditional von Neumann computing. Sandia is an Intel Research partner.

There was much discussion around this paper and the fact that Peter van der Made at the 2019 AGM stated that AKIDA technology was capable of doing maths.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Sandia have been working with Intel Loihi 1 & 2 for many years. There has been no information to suggest they have embraced Brainchip or AKIDA. The last paper published here related to Sandia proving that Loihi could actually do maths more efficiently than traditional von Neumann computing. Sandia is an Intel Research partner.

Unrelated fact

Kristofor Carlson was at Sandia prior to joining BrainChip

1678595959424.png

1678595932974.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
Unrelated fact

Kristofor Carlson was at Sandia prior to joining BrainChip

View attachment 31922
View attachment 31921
Yes and because of this there was a lot of searching and discussion on HC when Sandia first started publishing about neuromorphic because of this and the NASA connection. They were deeply imbedded in Intel and Loihi so were getting a lot of butter put on their bread through that relationship. The fact that Intel is now partnered with Brainchip and both proudly display each other on their websites might open the Sandia door enough for Peter van der Made to slip in. Fingers crossed. A positive statement from Sandia about AKIDA science fiction would carry great weight in the semiconductor space.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Diogenese

Top 20

There was much discussion around this paper and the fact that Peter van der Made at the 2019 AGM stated that AKIDA technology was capable of doing maths.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Until Peter said that Akida could do maths, I did not believe that it could, and I still do not understand how it can.

Many years ago, philosophers and computer scientists used to talk about fuzzy logic. At the time, I did not follow the discussion:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuzzy_logic

von Neumann digital computers do not use fuzzy logic - it's a one or it's a zero.

Akida does something like "It's more likely to be one than zero", but not on an individual bit basis, rather on the basis of a batch of bits representing spikes, something I would classify as a form of fuzzy logic. Keep in mind that I am not familiar with what constitutes fuzzy logic.

I would think that things like N-of-M coding (rank coding) would be incompatible with mathematical logic.

There is much I do not understand about Akida.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users
Our man in Japan!

1678603871643.png

1678604461152.png

1678604179413.png

1678604209080.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 75 users
Until Peter said that Akida could do maths, I did not believe that it could, and I still do not understand how it can.

Many years ago, philosophers and computer scientists used to talk about fuzzy logic. At the time, I did not follow the discussion:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuzzy_logic

von Neumann digital computers do not use fuzzy logic - it's a one or it's a zero.

Akida does something like "It's more likely to be one than zero", but not on an individual bit basis, rather on the basis of a batch of bits representing spikes, something I would classify as a form of fuzzy logic. Keep in mind that I am not familiar with what constitutes fuzzy logic.

I would think that things like N-of-M coding (rank coding) would be incompatible with mathematical logic.

There is much I do not understand about Akida.
Maybe that which is secret cannot be known or its something like the kangaroo jigsaw I was trying to do with my little grandson.

It was just impossible until laughing his little head off he pulled from his pocket the critical piece of the puzzle.

Then it all fell in to place whereupon he swept it off the coffee table back into chaos. 😂🤣😂

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 47 users

jtardif999

Regular
I used to work with EW and have always thought that training Akida to recognise the different emitters (which are basically signals emitted to be repelled back of the different surfaces of particular military hardware to categorise that hardware by the signal returned) would be a bread and butter use case for Akida - which we know is particularly good at understanding RF and then also be able to learn new emitters it hasn’t been trained for in the field. This would change the way military reconnaissance is being performed and make the process a whole lot easier to keep up to date.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Deena

Regular
View attachment 31917

View attachment 31918

My opinion only, dyor.
Hi BL

Interesting that the company released a top 20, just 2 business days after the one you just published from the 27th of January. The main difference in those two days was, that HSBC Custody Nominees (Australia) Limited A/C 2 disappeared from the top 20 (was number 16); Top 3, HSBC Nominees (Australia) Limited, went up by about 1.2 million and Certane CT went up by about 3 million (the name is slightly different here but I assume it is the same Certane account. Cheers, Deena
Top 20 at 31 Jan 23.png

Reactions: 13 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 114 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 54 users

jtardif999

Regular
Yeah but it is faster moving these days mate… gone from zero to 100 in no time flat, it definitely won’t take 20 years.
Yeah, and also consider that BrainChips longer term plans are not restricted to just the edge - they plan to proliferate; and then there’s AGI by 2030 from the mouth of the man himself PVDM. On top of this BrainChip intend to disrupt industries that haven’t even been thought of yet. These kinds of reports are guides but they cannot anticipate the amount of disruption that is likely to occur - they can only ever base their finding on past performance and disruption that has taken place in previous periods. AIMO.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
I used to work with EW and have always thought that training Akida to recognise the different emitters (which are basically signals emitted to be repelled back of the different surfaces of particular military hardware to categorise that hardware by the signal returned) would be a bread and butter use case for Akida - which we know is particularly good at understanding RF and then also be able to learn new emitters it hasn’t been trained for in the field. This would change the way military reconnaissance is being performed and make the process a whole lot easier to keep up to date.
Agree, RF could be an interesting one.

Not just military but also Lidar amongst others.

I saw @Fact Finder earlier post discussing 16nm as well as Xilinx.

From Nandans tweet I decided to have a closer look at Ipsolon Research as he provided a web link. One of the companies he thanked re Akida Gen 2.

Screenshot_2023-03-12-15-55-54-22_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Was curious where they fit into picture.

So, snip of Ipsolon.

Ipsolon Research is an innovator in software defined radio technology.​

We launched Ipsolon Research in 2017 to develop and improve the analog and digital signal processing system for an airborne obstruction penetrating LIDAR system. Since then, we’ve engineered hardware, software, and FPGA design for a range of Software Defined Radios (SDR) and advanced wireless systems.

In addition to work for commercial wireless IC, we also manufacture and sell Chameleon and Cerberus Radios, both are wideband, small-form factor SDR for military communications, anti-jamming, and other advanced wireless signal processing applications. Our goal is to provide the wireless community with advanced radio system software and hardware development, early SDR conceptual design, advanced signal processing, and rapid prototyping.

From Ipsolon product page...16nm Xilinx.

They have a new product due soon but doesn't give specs yet.

ARAGMA​

Coming soon!

DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING HORSEPOWER

16 TX/RX Channels, Smallest Footprint Software Defined Radio/RADAR

Multi-processor Subsystem

• Xilinx 16nm FinFET RFSoC XCZU29
  • Quad-core 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex-A53 64b with L1/L2, MMU, DMA
  • Dual 500MHz R5 real-time processor, power manager & secure boot
  • 4GB DDR4, Micro SD memory
  • Range of IO including UARTs, 1G Ethernet, USB3.0
  • Massive parallel AXI IO between PS and FPGA fabric
FPGA Resources

• 30+ system logic cells (K), 16 32g SERDES
  • 4,272 DSP slices, 2.13 TMACs @ 500 Mhz
Ipsolon also connected with US Navy via SBIR in 2021.

Ipsolon Research wins follow-on contract with Navy​

September 9, 2021

Fredrick, MD – The United States Navy has selected Ipsolon Research’s SBIR for a phase II follow-on contract after a successful phase I demonstration of its Deep Learning (DL) techniques.

“We used DL techniques to replace or extend the PDW-based approach to radar signal detection, “explained Ipsolon Research CEO, John Shanton.

Deep learning (DL) algorithms are a form of Machine Learning (ML) that use neural network (NN) architectures to process data and predict the presence of data patterns often called prediction or inference.

The specific goal of this project is to develop a deployable electronic sensor optimized to use ML techniques for real-time detection of radar signals and other signals of interest.

“The phase I results demonstrated that ML is a viable method for detection of a known radar signal type in power- and space-efficient FPGA devices,” Shanton said.

Was reading an article from 2020 about..

Artificial Intelligence in Radio Frequencies​

Excerpt.

Application of Machine Learning in Cognitive Radio​

The concept of CR was first proposed by Joseph Mitola [1] in order for mitigating the scarcity in limited radio spectrum by improving spectrum allocation efficiency by allowing unlicensed users (cognitive radio users) to identify and transmit over the frequency bands which are already assigned to the licensed users (primary users), but idle over specific time/space (spectrum holes). Spectrum hole identification is usually achieved by sensing the radio frequency (RF) environment through a process called spectrum sensing. It should be noted that the title of CR is not limited only to unlicensed wireless users and implied to any wireless user that adds the cognition capability along with reconfigurability to its system function.

So, where had I heard of "cognitive radio"?...oh that's right...from the Ph I and Ph II NASA solicitation with Intellisense using Akida.

So some prev posts on NECR and related SBIRs as refresh.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Hi BL

Interesting that the company released a top 20, just 2 business days after the one you just published from the 27th of January. The main difference in those two days was, that HSBC Custody Nominees (Australia) Limited A/C 2 disappeared from the top 20 (was number 16); Top 3, HSBC Nominees (Australia) Limited, went up by about 1.2 million and Certane CT went up by about 3 million (the name is slightly different here but I assume it is the same Certane account. Cheers, Deena
View attachment 31941

We've had a few changes there over the last few months since citi came on top of that list Deena.
Between July 2022 and October 2022 LDN's number came down, so did citicorp from 172 million to 151 million within 3 months.

And on the one you've shown it's 159 million. It's ever changing, and interesting how we have a "pool" of individual investors as our largest shareholder/s. Hopefully they're all friends 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom