BRN Discussion Ongoing

SERA2g

Founding Member
Just browsing BrainChip website & came across a new blog from 7th Jan titled "4 Bits Are Enough" but it's password protected & we can't read it. Wonder if it will be about benchmarking? Wonder when it will be available?

View attachment 26725

This is no longer password protected and the date has been updated to the 10th.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

AC/DC

SERA2g

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 42 users

GazDix

Regular
Screenshot_20230111_132303_com.twitter.android.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
H, everyone does their own stuff. BRN has been a traders wet dream for the last couple of years. Good luck to them. We're all in the game to make money. I've been in the market now for nearly 30 yrs. I've learnt lessons.
1/ I'm really bad at trading. No matter how confident I am, it always seems to turn to shit.
2/ I'm good at picking, and holding long term. I've done well
Everyone here has their portfolio. We all have our favourites. I only hold about 8 stocks. 3 excite me. PNV, CHN and BRN. I've done very well out of all 3. None excite me more than BRN. It was the only loser on my portfolio today. Ironic. In 30 yrs of investing, I've never been more excited, more confident, nor more interested in a stock I hold. I just find the potential for this co to be mind blowing. For those that have the courage, I think the next 2 yrs will be very rewardin

F/F, do u ever have a down day in relation to BRN? I love ur enthusiasm. Today was truely shit for all holders. Took us back to s/p levels pre Mercedes ann of 2 yrs ago. Very, very frustrating, and disappointing. No doubt this stock tests the courage, belief and patience of all holders.
GLTA
Hi hamilton66,

Good to hear from you. Been awhile. I have about 2/3 of my Super in PNV and BRN so with you on that. Don't follow PNV much anymore as won't go on HC and no one really talks on Tsex about PNV. Doesn't matter happy with where I am at. They are long term and well worth the wait I reckon. Hope you had a good NY.

SC

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

TECH

Regular
Great to see Peter write a new article.

He's the correct staff member to speak about all this, as is Anil the correct staff member to speak all about chip design.

As I have mentioned before, this "business marriage" has always been a real blessing, they both are great blokes, who
100% complement each other, it's the "real glue" that will hold our company together over the long run.

Get the Strawberries and Ice Cream out, I just wonder how many of the remaining "household names" will finally reveal
themselves over the coming year, one can but hope.

Have a positive day.

Tech x

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Just browsing BrainChip website & came across a new blog from 7th Jan titled "4 Bits Are Enough" but it's password protected & we can't read it. Wonder if it will be about benchmarking? Wonder when it will be available?

View attachment 26725

In the interest of full disclosure:
Some time after the 4-bit Akida was announced, I asked the company (can't recall if it was Tony or PvdM) by email if the move to 4-bits would require the use of MACs, and received the reply "No".

Now from "4 Bits Are Enough":

"The underlying technology is not the usual matrix multiplier, but up to a million digital neurons with either 1, 2, or 4-bit synapses."

The other bit I found interesting is that now there is some (minimal) involvement of the CPU in the operation of Akida:

"AkidaNet is a feed-forward network optimized to work with 4-bit weights and activations. AkidaNet 0.5 has half the parameters of AkidaNet 1.0. The Akida hardware supports Yolo, DeviceNet, VGG, and other feed-forward networks. Recurrent networks and transformer networks are supported with minimal CPU participation. An example recurrent network implemented on the AKD1000 chip required just 3% CPU participation with 97% of the network running on Akida."

As I said yesterday, I think that transformers will require a significant increase in memory and some additional logic. Possibly at least some of the logic will be provided by the CPU software and some in the silicon.

PS: The presence of MACs in a NN is one of the factors I take into account in eliminating Akida as a suspect.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

mrgds

Regular
Great to see Peter write a new article.

He's the correct staff member to speak about all this, as is Anil the correct staff member to speak all about chip design.

As I have mentioned before, this "business marriage" has always been a real blessing, they both are great blokes, who
100% complement each other, it's the "real glue" that will hold our company together over the long run.

Get the Strawberries and Ice Cream out, I just wonder how many of the remaining "household names" will finally reveal
themselves over the coming year, one can but hope.

Have a positive day.

Tech x
Gday @TECH
Any thoughts you might like to share with the forum on the LDA Capitol Call ?
Cheers

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 2 users

Diogenese

Top 20
im tempted to buy more
The best way to get rid of temptation is to give in.

Not financial advice, ethical advice.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

View attachment 26725

I’ve been able to read this?

robsmark

Regular
BRN still had funding for approx 4 qtrs.
The only conclusion I reach is BRN has a new obligation to a new or existing client.
As you said it may be for mass production of a new chip, whatever the chip spec is not important. The fact that the call was made is important and leads to two possible scenarios.
1. If BRN didn't need the money for new client obligations then why would they place the call knowing they have sufficient runway to the end of 2023. By placing the call so early without needing the funds would only see the sp dive. It is highly improbable this is the reason for the call.
2. BRN has a contractual obligation to supply chips to a client and need the funds for production.

My guess is MERC has expanded its use of Akida and are possibly aiming to release the tech earlier then 2025 in the EQXX.

If BRN's production slot with TSCM still exists, I think it will be used very soon.

Either way, A change is gonna come.
Devils advocate:

Option 3: Maybe Sean knows revenue will be shit this year and want to secure cash to continue operating?

I feel like all my posts are negative recently, but we have to be realistic and have balance.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Devils advocate:

Option 3: Maybe Sean knows revenue will be shit this year and want to secure cash to continue operating?

I feel like all my posts are negative recently, but we have to be realistic and have balance.
... but is it realistic to posit negligible income for 2023?

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

robsmark

Regular
Sorry Diogenese, can you elaborate? I don’t understand…
Key word is posit. I had to Google that then all was clear

JK200SX

Regular
I think from memory someone has posted before it's designed in such a way so this cannot be reversed engineered... however not 100%
Most likely not able to be reverse engineered, but they would have enough knowledge to determine whether or not it is AKIDA!

Reactions: 3 users

robsmark

Regular
... but is it realistic to posit negligible income for 2023?
Is it realistic to posit potential chip production? Especially given that we’re a now self proclaimed IP company…

I genuinely feel like low revenue is the more likely scenario out of the three here.

Let’s hope it’s for something good, but as a Shareholder, I’m honestly just feeling battered and beaten atm.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

VictorG

Devils advocate:

I doubt that would be the reason.
BRN still has funding to at least the end of 2023. If funding is not required now why would BRN gift LDA Capital with discounted shares by letting the VWAP of share price slide over the next 3 months.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users
@Esq.111 my DJ mate is working on the mix today🎊

• Fire
  • Love

Harwig

Regular

View attachment 26725

View attachment 26725

On LinkedIn

Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom